Project Reason Talks About...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
      The message and views apply to
      both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
      I can see the parallels and similarities...
      can you?

      http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my_name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
        WOW!

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2011
          Hello Etznab and All,
          Yes, all one has to do is
          insert some ECK jargon.

          Devil would be Kal.
          Jesus would be Mahanta.
          Bible would be Shariyat.

          So, this person looked at
          scripture (in the Book of
          Mormon) and compared
          it to proven history and facts.

          For the Shariyat (Eckankar's
          BiBle) there's "the Birth of the
          Mahanta" which can be found
          in Book One (CH.6) and in the
          index of the Combined Shariyats.

          In Chapter 6 of the EK Shariyat,
          Book One, it states that the
          Mahanta always has a mysterious
          birth, near a large body of
          water, and is born by a Virgin.

          Let's look at the birth of the
          current (living) and longest
          leader of Eckankar, Harold
          Klemp.

          By his own writings we know
          that he was born just outside
          of Appleton, Wisconsin and that
          he had an older brother.

          This fact alone negates, according
          to EK scripture, that he is the Mahanta.
          What else is a distortion or lie?
          Does it matter?

          Prometheus
          http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
          _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

          etznab wrote:
          WOW!

          prometheus wrote:
          The message and views apply to
          both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
          I can see the parallels and similarities...
          can you?

          http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
          _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
        • dianastanley43
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2011
            All religions are the same, depending on the culture the wording is different.
            In my oppion, as Nisargata said, "You can throw spirituality out with the dish water"
            Diana

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
              FYI- I added Duane Klemp's
              birth year (1940) as well as
              Harold Klemp's (1942). This
              is proof that Harold Was Not
              born by a Virgin as the ECK-
              ankar Holy Book the Shariyat-
              Ki-Sugmad (Book One, Chapter
              6) requires for a Mahanta.

              BTW- Harold's parents were
              both born in 1911. Arno died
              in Oct. 1971 [remember, Harold
              Did Not attend his father's funeral]
              and Linda A. (Voight) Klemp
              died on June 5, 2005.

              Interesting, too, that the young
              ex-Mormon in this Youtube
              video (below) didn't return home
              from his missionary mission in
              Japan to attend his father's funeral
              either!

              prometheus wrote:

[...]

              [Duane: 1940-1983]
              [Harold: 1942- ? ]

              \
              _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/

              etznab wrote:
              WOW!

              prometheus wrote:
              The message and views apply to
              both religions Eckankar and Mormon.
              I can see the parallels and similarities...
              can you?

              http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/this_is_how_i_discivered_the_truth_my\
              \
              _name_is_chris_and_im_an_ex_mormon/
            • Non
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
                I especially like the part about being liberated from the belief in some kind of Satan or Devils. It is the fear that keeps members tethered to false teachings. Ever notice how eckist get so offended by those who ask too many questions or point out the contradictions, etc, and call them angry and hateful. Of course, this is just projection on their part. The fear in them is so strong that they become enraged and start yelling at the skeptic that they are hateful and angry. I have seen this up front and personal. It is quite a shocking sight to see. The truth is, their beliefs do not stand up to the tests of someone with an open mind. Then somehow you get labeled as the evil one. Soooo absurd!

                non eckster ; )