Questions for the Master... Jan/2011 (#3)

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2011
      Q: "What are the spiritual consequences
      of Masturbation? Are there any?" What
      technique would you suggest?
      --Wondering

      ME: Just kidding on that 3rd question?
      I was just trying to maintain the EK
      superstition/illusion of The Principles
      of Three.

      Answer-

      HK: "Dear Wondering,

      THERE ARE NO SPIRITUAL CONSEQUENCES
      TO THE PRACTICE."

      ME: I was pretty sure Klemp would say that.
      But, doesn't masturbation require a certain
      amount of lust? And, isn't Lust "bad" and
      prevents one's spiritual evolution?

      HK: "This stament may shock a few;
      however, we are not Puritans.

      Masturbation is a private matter and is
      an individual's business alone, so no guilt
      need be connected with it."

      ME: So, since it's a "private matter" and
      "an individual's business alone" I guess
      that means that EK circle jerks are out?

      HK: "It is a natural function. Masturbation
      avoids the risk of Venereal Diseases and
      may well forestall sexual unions and unwanted
      pregnancies. The latter may lead to calamitous
      outcomes. Lives are often ruined."

      ME: I thought choices were "tests?" How are
      lives "ruined" by a girl getting pregnant and
      having responsibilities and a baby to love?
      Anyway, I wonder, is it okay for people to use
      unnatural devises to enhance the Masturbation
      process? What do the Klemp's use?

      Plus, one still has to be careful and use proper
      hygiene. I'm surprised Harry didn't cover that
      as well. I can see Klemp's POV on "forestalling
      sexual unions" since Klemp was always sexually
      retarded via his arrested social development.
      He probably still thought girls had "cooties"
      at age 19! LOL!

      HK: "So there is no shame in regard to
      Masturbation."

      ME: Still, one would think that there would
      be some Shame and Guilt for ECKists. Is
      this another EK Paradox?

      Having Sex, either with yourself or with
      someone else, requires Lust. Does Harry
      still Lust after Joan or does he visualize
      someone else to Lust after while he Masturbates?
      Lust, according to ECKankar, is a Negative
      Passion of the Mind and this will prevent
      spiritual growth and the development
      of a higher consciousness. It makes one
      wonder why a "Spiritual Master" is not
      promoting Chastity of both Body and Mind.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2011
        Is the Mahanta a voyeur? It seems so!
        HK's All Knowing and All Seeing and
        then endorses and, thereby, encourages
        masturbation! Which ECKists is he watching
        the most? What a perv!

        Prometheus
      • dianastanley43
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
          what Darwin said to his male staff that at seminars to keep their pants zipped. After the seminar was another matter.
          Diana

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2011
            Hello Diana and All,
            Maybe that was the message the
            staff got from Darwin, but I don't
            recall that there were restrictions
            for the rest of us.

            Klemp, I don't recall, ever said
            anything. Then again, people
            tend to hear what they want to
            hear... it's selective.

            There has always been a lot of
            "hooking up" at major seminars
            and even at regionals! After all,
            it's the ECK philosophy that makes
            it okay. It's the "unfinished karma"
            thing.

            Therefore, ECKists feel that it's okay
            to resolve their sexual karma without
            taking responsibility for the repercussions
            because, it is taught, one has to resolve
            past life karma in order to move onward
            spiritually. Therefore, a laissez-faire
            attitude develops and seems prevalent
            among ECKists. And, let's not forget,
            5ths Initiates, and above, are karma free.
            So, for them, there are no restrictions
            and anything is okay... they are above
            the law of karma! Still, there seems to
            be some old fashioned rationalizing that
            takes place and the "unresolved karma"
            excuse pops its head up once again!

            That's why there are so many divorces
            and so much dating within Eckankar.

            If things had gone differently, for me,
            I'd probably be at the ESC and hooked
            up with a staffer. Thank goodness that
            my karma and spiritual guidance has
            been followed as it has, "there but by
            the Grace of God go I."

            Prometheus

            Re: Questions for the Master... Jan/2011 (#3) [Masturbation]

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
              I saw this online and thought about
              what Klemp had to say on the subject:

              http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/fbi/airborne-masturbator-pleads-guilty-849206