Why is it called "Brothers of the Leaf?"

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2011
      I know that the definition states that
      the Order of the Vairagi Adepts is
      comprised of "just men" but "just"
      can have two meanings. However,
      it doesn't say "just men and just women."

      And, it does seem like the Eckankar
      hierarchy is a boy's club since the
      term "Brothers of the Leaf," and not
      the "Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf"
      is used. It would seem that the "Leaf"
      thing is like a prep school of sorts for
      ECK Mastership (The Dangling Carrot).

      But wait, how about Kata Daki? Is
      she a member of the Vairagi Adepts
      and was she also a Brother of the Leaf?
      She should be called a Sister of the Leaf,
      right! So, why isn't the name changed?
      Why doesn't Klemp/the Mahanta make
      a change? He's always talking about
      "change" so why doesn't he make any
      changes himself? Brothers and Sisters
      of the Leaf... yeah that sounds better!

      Prometheus
    • dianastanley43
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2011
        prometheus Harold was never comfortable around women and treated his first wife badly.
        Diana

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2011
          Hello Diana and All,
          Klemp treats Joan badly as well. He
          made some rude comments to her
          after she sang The Little HU Song
          while onstage at a seminar awhile
          back. Joan was forgetting the lyrics
          and repeating the verses when he
          became agitated with her and said
          to the audience that sometimes he
          has to tell her to be quiet (i.e. shut-up)!

          Plus, I recall HK telling a story, long ago,
          where he gave his 10 year old daughter,
          Marion, some tools to fix their push
          mower since she was the one who
          wanted a lawn to play on. He thought
          she should take responsibility. Yet,
          Klemp never takes responsibility for
          the negative happenings of his chelas
          and H.I.s while promising them health
          and protection. And, what has he ever
          prophesied?

          Also, let's not forget that Klemp chose
          not to console his mother and attend
          his father's funeral. Instead Klemp went
          to attend the 1971 ECK Worldwide when
          Darwin was made the 972nd LEM/Mahanta.

          Yes, it would seem that Harold has
          a track record of having a lower than