Re: Egypt

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12 11:26 PM
      Hello Etznab,
      It is amusing that these people thought
      Twitchell had some sort of a connection
      to the Knights Templar etc. when his real
      connection was with Sant Mat and Kirpal
      Singh. There is also a greater connection
      to India and to Hinduism than to Egypt
      and Moses. Apparently these people didn't
      realize that Twitchell plagiarized "The Path
      of the Masters" which mentions the high
      points of many religions including the
      Zoroastrian faith, Christianity and the
      teachings of Jesus, the Magi of the
      Mesopotamian school and of the Pythagoreans
      in Egypt, etc. Plus, "Path" talks about the
      Sun, Lightning and Moon Worlds of the
      Astral Plane and about the Light and Sound.

      Anyway, it seems like these people wanted
      to connect Twit to something they had researched
      previously. And, Twitchell used almost everything
      out there in an attempt to connect it to ECkankar
      and, thus, give the impression that this myth/history
      is validating his con about it being an "ancient
      teaching" and that there was a "lineage of ECK
      Masters."

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:
      Concerning Ruth and Noah Samuelson's critique of Eckankar, the subject of Egypt
      was mentioned extensively. IMO. And, to be quite frank, I believe they
      effectively "demonized" Egyptian mythology somewhat.

      It's not the first time (IMO) because The Bible, for example, "demonized" Egypt
      (somewhat)too.

      Now, do we really know that Moses and Pharaoh threw down staffs that later
      turned into serpents? Or is that a myth, fable?

      From a page about the subject (last paragraph):

      Changing Aaron's staff into a serpent is significant for another reason. This is
      the same staff that will be used with God's power to initiate the plagues and to
      part the Red Sea, events which will give protection and life to Israel but bring
      death to the Egyptians.88 As Currid states, the contest was not between Moses
      and Pharaoh, or between Israel and Egypt, but between Yahweh and Pharaoh, who
      was considered a god, and who was supposedly imbued with the special powers of
      his station. The miraculous signs given to Moses and Aaron challenged the
      potency and deity of Pharaoh, who personified the power of Egypt and whose crown
      bore the cobra, symbol of supremacy.89

      http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Serpents3.html

      Going back to Ruth and Noah Samuelson:

      [....]

      We are not members of any Christian organization or anti-cult group. We just
      want to share what we have found and to alert unsuspecting members, and the
      public generally, to the true nature of Eckankar.

      Sincerely

      Ruth and Noah Samuelson
      October 10, 2008

      p.s. A copy of this article has been posted on Scribd, the online
      document-sharing archive.

      http://www.illuminati-news.com/articles2/00326.html

      Read the first paragraph and the connection with Egypt becomes apparent.

      Short Summary

      Eckankar, a New Age religion with its worldwide headquarters in Minneapolis, is
      deceiving its members as to its true origin and purpose. It is not a spiritual
      organization but a disguised form of advanced Freemasonry. It was created by its
      founder, Paul Twitchell, in 1965, to promote worship of the gods of ancient
      Egypt. Not only did Twitchell plagiarize the writings of other authors to a
      shameless degree, but he deliberately concocted his teaching as a covert way of
      getting naive members of the public to worship the magical deities from the Old
      Kingdom period of ancient Egypt. Eckankar is therefore a disguised occult
      teaching with a hidden occult agenda. Most of its members appear to be unaware
      of this. [....]

      http://www.illuminati-news.com/articles2/00326.html

      In the critique by Ruth and Noah Samuelson the word(s) Egypt (or Egyptian) are
      mentioned at least 40 times!

      Umm... "a disguised form of advanced Freemasonry"(?) It sounds like "conspiracy
      theory" to me.

      Numerous writers have written about the Egyptian gods. Other writers fear they -
      the Egyptian Ennead - are being exploited. The conspiracy theorists, etc.

      "A new religion is taking shape in the name of the Great Heliopolitan Ennead.
      Already, as we have seen, many obey their instructions to the letter. [....]"

      [The Stargate Conspiracy, Lynn Picknett & Clive Prince, pp. 334-336]

      Ennead means "the nine", I believe. And the number "nine" appears to be what
      some people question. Whether the Ennead, nine Knights Templar, or "Council of
      Nine" some conspiracy theorists fear (IMO) that this symbol (and mythology
      surrounding it) is being used like a "blind" for some mysterious secret cabal
      with aspirations to rule the world!

      About the Ennead:

      The development of the Ennead remains uncertain. Egyptologists have
      traditionally theorised that the priesthood of Heliopolis established this
      pesedjet in order to stress the preeminence of the sun-god above other deities,
      incorporating gods which had been venerated elsewhere for centuries while
      ignoring others. [....]"

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennead

      Sun-god? Wasn't there something about "sun gods" in The Spiritual Notebook?

      "That authority should be placed upon one who becomes the saviour is not
      unusual. In Egypt, the Pharoah of old was both a god and the son of a god, and
      Krishna, the beloved god of India, was one of the countless sun gods. Many men
      have become gods and many gods have become men. But the Mahanta is the living
      Light, in the tradition of the ancient sun gods of Asia."

      - The Spiritual Notebook, by Paul Twitchell (Copyright 1971), 10th Printing -
      1983, p. 23 (2nd paragraph).

      The subject was touched upon again on pp. 145-146. Including:

      "The sun gods of Asia were given the title of Christ, for it is an ancient title
      among peoples of the prechristian era."

      - The Spiritual Notebook

      Like in the first quote I gave about the contest between Yahweh and Pharaoh,
      numerous religions / ideologies are in contest with others.
      IMHO. And in some cases even, winning depends on who can tell the tallest tale,
      myth, fable, etc. AND HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE!

      Etznab
    • dianastanley43
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15 5:37 AM
        talk about linking Eckanakar to things familiar. Darwin wanted to make a bumper sticker saying "The Force is Eckankar" after starwars came out. Actually I think they did make one
        Diana