Re: The Hook: "Experience God's Love at the Temple of ECK"

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2011
      Hello Diana,
      You bring up some good points.

      "The inner what?"

      Everyone dreams and with practice,
      effort, and attention one can begin
      to remember them more often.

      Basically, Eckankar, and all religions,
      take some commonalities like dreams,
      intuition, and insights then embellish
      and distort them to suit their scam
      (i.e. hidden agenda) and dogma.

      The unconscious and subconsciousness
      mind (along with the unknown universe
      as well as esoteric mysteries) represent
      the "inner." Religions, however, create
      "Planes of God" or "Levels of Heaven"
      etc. out of these unknown regions of
      reality. But what is reality and how many
      exist? There is a personal reality, but
      there are others, beyond number, and
      beyond our own perceptions, and an
      over all reality which might never be
      known to mankind. People like Klemp
      don't have and will never have a clue
      as to what this is. BTW- There is no
      such thing as Astral etc. This is B.S.

      The problem is that there really is an
      "inner/outer" existence (i.e. reality)
      beyond our perception. Unfortunately,
      religion has distorted this and given
      us dumbed down copies of what is,
      essentially, one's limited and personal
      perception and insights to All That Is.
      And that's the plus side! On the negative
      side it can all be a big fat lie used to
      scam and manipulate people.

      I, of course, have had many dreams.
      I've, also, done lucid dreaming at times.
      And, while in meditation/contemplation
      have had "inner" experiences. But, the
      mind is a powerful tool and can create
      what we consciously and unconsciously
      desire or expect, or at times, will randomly
      extract, project and experience various
      impressions.The mind's ability to be
      influenced is why/how placebos work
      so well. Therefore, sharing testimonials
      (EK stories) and minor miracles (or major
      ones commonly found in major religions)
      simply feeds the mind's (ego's) expectations
      to satisfy, comfort and protect the individual.

      It is interesting that Eckankar took
      a change in direction with "sharing
      stories." At one time it was seen as
      'casting your pearls before swine'