Pictures of Eck Masters

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
      Came across an older post on another group with people debating about pictures of Eck Masters by various artists. Including Diane S.

      From information on the thread it appears to me that Rich and Doug both recall pictures of Eck Masters prior to Diane S. Rich attributed some to Helen Baird, that he had some. Doug says: "I still have a few black & white drawings that were pretty good before Diana came into Eckankar ...."

      This thread also talked about a number of other things. Including that none of the pictures by Diane appear in the Eck Temple today.

      Doug further writes: "Here is what she [Diane] wrote about her painting of the Valley of Tirmer, shortly after she completed it.

      "These are Diana's words, which were printed in the ECK World News,
      September 1973:

      http://tinyurl.com/25yg79n

      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.eckankar/browse_thread/thread/8378215e9a36edd0/a23fc8b5ac6d8756?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=cesspool#a23fc8b5ac6d8756

      Quoting from thread:

      "[....] Though I recall most of the seminar through a happy but obscuring haze, one event that I was blessed to participate in, and of which the painting was a result, will always remain close to my heart. I don't know who came up with the idea first; perhaps, as often happens in ECK, we all received it together. But however it came to be, a few other chelas and I all met with Helen Baird in her
      room Friday, October 22. It had been determined that the time of the
      passing of the Rod of Power, which always takes place on an October 22 at midnight in the Valley of Tirmir, would occur around noon our time.

      "We drew the drapes and, in the darkened room, we lay our bodies down,
      got comfortable, and went into a spiritual contemplation. [....]"

      Diane (in that version) said she didn't remember who's idea it was, but added: "But however it came to be, a few other chelas and I all met with Helen Baird in her room Friday, October 22."

      Diana,

      Do you remember (if you care to share) who any of those other chelas were? And do you remember who's idea it was that you all meet in Helen Baird's room? Like, Was that meeting planned? Or talked about before you all arrived there? Or did ya all just happen to wind up at Helen's room on Friday, October 22nd?

      If you want to share. I understand it might be something personal and kept in confidence instead. Just asking.

      Etznab
    • dianastanley43
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
        Boy did that article bring back memories that I thought I forgot.
        I was invited to Helen's room. I think Millie More and maybe pattie Simpson was there and some other people I do'nt remember. I was only a 2nd and to be with all those HI's was intoxicating.
        Those were my words in the article and I believed everyone of them.
        I did the painting when I was living with Helen in Hollywood.
        Darwin came by while I was out I was told he approved of it.
        I remember how mad I was to have missed him. I think Helen was working on a book of poems by Paul. She did a beautiful job,I think she won an award from some group for it.
        Diana

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
          Thanks for sharing that, Diana. It's nicer to get history from real
          people who were there, instead of fictional characters who were not.

          Not to mention - 2nd and 3rd hand accounts, etc.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
            Hello Diana,
            It's rather funny/odd that Klemp
            has never attempted to write
            poetry. You'd think that such
            an infamous writer with so many
            book awards and being listed
            in Who's Who of International
            Intellectuals could write poetry.

            Plus, being a "Modern Prophet"
            and having the highest consciousness
            in all the Universes of SUGMAD,
            as the 14th Plane Mahanta, one
            would think that this could give
            him the ability to outshine RUMI
            who was merely "a follower of ECK."

            HK's poetry should be able to,
            at least, outshine Twitchell's
            poetry. I guess we'll never know!

            BTW- Where is Twitchell's
            poetry? Why isn't it being sold
            by Eckankar? Is Klemp envious
            that he can't write anything of
            value? Klemp's book awards are
            phony PR devices anyway. They
            were issued, by a local publishing
            group, to members in order to
            publicize the members' books
            with pseudo awards to fool the
            public with fancy packaging.

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
              I have no idea what happened to the book. It was really beautifuly done with Helens illustrations.
              At least Harold can write better than Darwin did. I once go a letter from Darwin with a paragraph that was a page long. He would'nt let anyone edit them.
              Diana

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
                Hello Diana,
                Paul, Darwin, and Harold
                all had/have problems with
                someone else editing the
                "Mahanta's" lying words.

                Anyone who's read "Your Right
                To Know" realized that Darwin
                didn't know sentence structure,
                but knew more about grammar
                than Twitchell. The only time that
                Twitchell sounded intelligent was
                when he plagiarized and paraphrased
                someone else.

                Klemp trips himself up by not
                having Joan, or someone more
                intelligent and objective, edit his
                articles, and books. This is good,
                however, because this makes it
                easier to pick apart his narrow
                minded and one dimensional
                dribble.

                One good thing about Darwin was
                he never let anyone edit Paul's words
                regardless of what it was. This allowed
                us to have books like "Letters to Gail
                3" where he teaches us how to drive
                a waitress insane and "Difficulties Of
                Becoming The Living ECK Master" where
                we come to see the real Twitchell and
                his insanity as well.

                Klemp, on the other hand, has done
                extensive editing of Twitchell's words
                and works in an attempt to hide the
                Whole Truth... and the plagiarisms.

                But, mostly HK bought up and destroyed
                "Difficulties" because it showed major
                flaws in Twitchell's character. For one
                thing Twitchell, while in the Navy
                during WWII, was sabotaging the Navy's
                paperwork on him and the ability to
                assign him to normal duties and to
                help with the war effort. Instead, Twit
                intentionally created confusion and
                additional paperwork during wartime!
                Paul was having fun playing jokes on
                the Navy and was still bragging about
                it in 1971 as the Mahanta! There was
                no hindsight and no remorse!

                PT was more a saboteur than a hero,
                and Klemp needed to hide this fact.

                Prometheus

                <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

                > Hello Diana,
                > It's rather funny/odd that Klemp
                > has never attempted to write
                > poetry. You'd think that such
                > an infamous writer with so many
                > book awards and being listed
                > in Who's Who of International
                > Intellectuals could write poetry.
                >
                > Plus, being a "Modern Prophet"
                > and having the highest consciousness
                > in all the Universes of SUGMAD,
                > as the 14th Plane Mahanta, one
                > would think that this could give
                > him the ability to outshine RUMI
                > who was merely "a follower of ECK."
                >
                > HK's poetry should be able to,
                > at least, outshine Twitchell's
                > poetry. I guess we'll never know!
                >
                > BTW- Where is Twitchell's
                > poetry? Why isn't it being sold
                > by Eckankar? Is Klemp envious
                > that he can't write anything of
                > value? Klemp's book awards are
                > phony PR devices anyway. They
                > were issued, by a local publishing
                > group, to members in order to
                > publicize the members' books
                > with pseudo awards to fool the
                > public with fancy packaging.
                >
                > Prometheus
                >
                > dianastanley wrote:
                >
                > Boy did that article bring back
                > memories that I thought I forgot.
                > I was invited to Helen's room.
                > I think Millie More and maybe
                > Pattie Simpson was there and
                > some other people I do'nt remember.
                > I was only a 2nd and to be with
                > all those HI's was intoxicating.
                >
                > Those were my words in the article
                > and I believed everyone of them.
                >
                > I did the painting when I was living
                > with Helen in Hollywood. Darwin
                > came by while I was out I was told
                > he approved of it.
                >
                > I remember how mad I was to have
                > missed him. I think Helen was working
                > on a book of poems by Paul. She did
                > a beautiful job, I think she won an
                > award from some group for it.
                > Diana

              • dianastanley43
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Paul created Eckankar because he and Ron Hubbard(who is an excellent writer,I read some of his sc-fi books)had a falling out
                  they were going to collaborate. So they were in a competion about whose path would be more successful. I got this info from David Lane.
                  So it is not first hand info. I like to believe it though.
                  Diana