Re: The Tiger's Fang

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hello Diana,
      So who was Paul's girl friend while
      Darwin was messing around with
      Gail? Was it Anya Foos-Graber?

      I figured they weren't getting along
      well when Paul made some negative
      comments about marriage in a series
      of 1971 interviews for "Difficulties
      of Becoming the LEM." [pgs. 24-25]

      Actually Paul didn't come out with
      the term "Mahanta" in print until
      the Jan. 1, 1969 (monthly) The Wisdom
      Notes.

      I can see how Darwin confused Clairon
      with Venus. Lies are harder to remember
      than the truth.

      That's interesting how paul picked that
      number 971 out of thin air. Now we know
      why.

      BTW- Can you mention anything else
      about Gail and her Sunasu Vitamin scam?
      Paul made a big deal about Not selling
      them in Satsangs and about a guy wanting
      to come in to sell them. I guess she had
      to get rid of Paul in order to have Darwin
      bring them into ECK Centers and Satsangs!

      Also, can you mention anything about
      that creepy John Roger Hinkins. He was
      the 2nd initiate that used Paul's discourses
      for his own religion. Like Paul, he thought
      he knew more than others, and didn't want
      to climb up the ladder slowly. I think he
      saw through the scam and wanted his own.
      He wanted to create his own religion and
      pounce upon the first opportunity... like
      Twit did with Kirpal when he wasn't being
      promoted fast enough.

      Prometheus

      dianastanley wrote:

      Darwin did tell me he was from Venus but
      of course he could't keep his story straight,
      he was under the influence and I'm sure it
      influenced his memory.

      I was told that 971 was Pauls address in
      San Diego and Tarz was a street in the
      town. That was were he got the idea of
      being the 971 Mahanta.

      I was told that Dr. Booth(I think that was
      his name) wrote most of the herb book.
      He would have girls come to his house
      so he could diagnos their bodies or aura
      to see what herbs they needed. He would
      have them undress so he could look at
      them. This was told to me by a close friend
      who had it done to her. She had no reason
      to lie and was a loyal Eckist.

      It seems the more i get into this posting,
      stray and random memories are coming
      to me, That have nothing to do with what
      was asked. So I just post them maybe
      someone has questions about these things.
      Many of you were most likly not in Eckankar
      in those days. I think it sets the tone of what
      it was like for me back then.

      Diana

      prometheus_973@> wrote:

      > > Hello Diana,
      > > I should say here that regardless
      > > of Doug Marman's opinions Kirpal
      > > finally returned "The Tiger's
      > > Fang" Manuscript (not book) to
      > > Paul in or around June, 1966.
      > >
      > > There was no mention of "Rebazar"
      > > in the original manuscript. Kirpal
      > > was Paul's real Master and this
      > > was the name he mentioned. Paul
      > > substituted "Rebazar" for "Kirpal"
      > > after they had a falling out about
      > > Paul's exaggerations where he
      > > tried to place both himself and
      > > Kirpal on pedestals above all
      > > others in the imaginary worlds
      > > he had created. Kirpal wouldn't
      > > have any of Paul's bullshit because
      > > he hadn't paid his dues, so to speak,
      > > and was a Westerner who, obviously,
      > > needed to feed his huge ego.
      > >
      > > Twit had an agenda and Kirpal saw
      > > through it and wasn't going to be
      > > used to validate Paul's scam. That's
      > > why PT created Rebazar. This way
      > > no one could really challenge him
      > > since this "Master" only appears to
      > > him. Of course, now, this imaginary
      > > character appears in the dreams of
      > > many Eckists. However, Klemp has
      > > to validate and approve (in writing
      > > or verbally in seminar talks) of what
      > > has been seen and said. Rebazar isn't
      > > permitted to hand anyone else the
      > > Rod of ECK Power... even to hold
      > > for a few seconds!
      > >
      > > BTW- I thought Darwin stated that
      > > he was from "Clarion" and not Venus.
      > >
      > > Yes, it is funny the amount of crap
      > > that we try to believe in or accept
      > > because it's convenient and easy
      > > to do so because the Truth would
      > > hurt us. Klemp tells Eckists to take
      > > a "Leap of Faith" and to use their
      > > "imaginations." How does that one
      > > EK song go, "Life life is only a dream... "
      > >
      > > Prometheus
      > >

      > > dianastanley wrote:
      > >
      > > Paul did send a copy of the Manuscript
      > > to Kirpal Singh and Kirpal said it was
      > > not accurate as far as most of the content.
      > > That was the end of his relationship
      > > with Kirpal!
      > >
      > > I have to say that as far as Pauls writings
      > > they were all from his very vivid imagination.
      > >
      > > The books "The Drums of ECK", The Talons
      > > of Time" are pure Si Fi.
      > >
      > > Darwin had me up to his place in San Fran.
      > > He wanted me to a comic book on him.
      > > He rambled so much I could"nt take notes.
      > > He did tell me he was originaly from Venus.
      > >
      > > Needless to say no comic book of Darwin
      > > ever was made.
      > >
      > > At that time I still believed in Eckankar
      > > and so it was very confusing to me. I had
      > > to do some mental gymnastics so I could
      > > still believe. I was'nt ready to call It a Fraud
      > > yet. It's amazing what one will do to keep
      > > something you believe in with all your heart
      > > true. I said to my self "He's the Mahanta
      > > so I should'nt judge him" The Kal is making
      > > me doubt him.
      > >
      > > This was an experience that served me
      > > well in the future to question and investigate
      > > befor I decide if something is true or not.
      > >
      > > Diana
    • dianastanley43
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011

> [...]
        > > > they were all from his very vivid imagination.
        > > >
        > > > The books "The Drums of ECK", The Talons
        > > > of Time" are pure Si Fi.
        > > >
        > > > Darwin had me up to his place in San Fran.
        > > > He wanted me to a comic book on him.
        > > > He rambled so much I could"nt take notes.
        > > > He did tell me he was originaly from Venus.
        > > >
        > > > Needless to say no comic book of Darwin
        > > > ever was made.
        > > >
        > > > At that time I still believed in Eckankar
        > > > and so it was very confusing to me. I had
        > > > to do some mental gymnastics so I could
        > > > still believe. I was'nt ready to call It a Fraud
        > > > yet. It's amazing what one will do to keep
        > > > something you believe in with all your heart
        > > > true. I said to my self "He's the Mahanta
        > > > so I should'nt judge him" The Kal is making
        > > > me doubt him.
        > > >
        > > > This was an experience that served me
        > > > well in the future to question and investigate
        > > > befor I decide if something is true or not.

        I was told Paul had several girl friends. A friend of Anyas told me she was with Paul when he died. I believe it was at a seminar but not sure.
        I know when I worked in the Vegas office(befor we moved to menlo) They were shipping Sunasu from the shipping dept. Then they stopped as they did'nt want to get cought because Eckankar was a non profit religion and SunaSu was definitly a Product.
        Gail told me Paul developed SunaSu so she would have her own way of making a living. one time I got sick and Darwin had Gail send me a years supply monthly. I tried them and they didn't agree with me. So I would give them to other people.
        When I was living with Helen,Jhon Rogers sent me a money order for $20 and a letter, to tell the truth I can't even remember what it was about. Helen said to keep jt for evidence. I had no idea what she was taking about and she would'nt give me any details. I did'nt even know about the proublems they were having with him or even who he was.
        I was'nt paticulary interested as I was painting the passing of the Rod of Power at that time.
        They decided to make it into a print to sell to the Eckist. So even though they destroyed the painting I am sure there are still prints of it out there. Of course some of the Eckist proubly burned thier copies as well.
        About ten years ago An Eckist wrote to me and asked if I had any prints of it left.( I was selling prints of my latest paintings)They had nothing to do with anything Eck. I had one print so I sent it to him.
        I kept a copy of all the prints and book covers I did for Eck. I have one comic book left. If I can figure out how to put photos on here I will show some of the Comic Strips I did of Talons of Time. They were pretty good if I do say so my self!
        It's fun talking to you guys.
        Diana

        Diana
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
          If Rebazar was not in the original T.F. manuscript
          I would say Paul did more than just edit out Kirpal's
          name. I would say Paul created pseudo history and
          religion that is now a part of Eckankar dogma.

          In my research I thought that Paul reportedly gave
          a copy of his T.F. manuscript to at least two, maybe
          three different people (not including Kirpal). I myself
          would really like to view the original manuscript. One
          that Doug Marman seems to believe was written at
          some time in the 1950's.

          Over the years I've also seen quotes reportedly from
          manuscripts (originals of) Letters to Gail that do not
          include Rebazar Tarzs, but Kirpal Singh. These are
          still on the Net, but the individuals who shared these
          illustrations were either anonymous or claimed they
          did not remember where the quotes came from. IOW,
          I was not able to confirm the sources and whether or
          not these alternate versions were credible. Michael
          Turner - over at a.r.e. - posted some of these at one
          time.

          If earlier versions do exist, showing Kirpal Singh in
          the originals of LTG and Eckankar materials, to me it
          would evidence even more pseudo history / religion.

          I think this subject needs to be investigated until a
          point where the original manuscripts turn up. David L.
          illustrated a number of earlier pieces that appear now
          to have changed from the earlier versions. However I
          don't recall David quoting the original Tiger's Fang as
          if he had a copy of it.

          IMO, every member of Eckankar should be allowed
          access to a copy of that original T.F. manuscript that
          in 1963 Paul Twitchell sent to his old master Kirpal S.
          I'd certainly love to find a copy in an old book store, if
          they have not yet been all quarantined, or destroyed.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011

            > If Rebazar was not in the original T.F. manuscript
            > I would say Paul did more than just edit out Kirpal's
            > name. I would say Paul created pseudo history and
            > religion that is now a part of Eckankar dogma.
            >
            > In my research I thought that Paul reportedly gave
            > a copy of his T.F. manuscript to at least two, maybe
            > three different people (not including Kirpal). I myself
            > would really like to view the original manuscript. One
            > that Doug Marman seems to believe was written at
            > some time in the 1950's.
            >
            > Over the years I've also seen quotes reportedly from
            > manuscripts (originals of) Letters to Gail that do not
            > include Rebazar Tarzs, but Kirpal Singh. These are
            > still on the Net, but the individuals who shared these
            > illustrations were either anonymous or claimed they
            > did not remember where the quotes came from. IOW,
            > I was not able to confirm the sources and whether or
            > not these alternate versions were credible. Michael
            > Turner - over at a.r.e. - posted some of these at one
            > time.
            >
            > If earlier versions do exist, showing Kirpal Singh in
            > the originals of LTG and Eckankar materials, to me it
            > would evidence even more pseudo history / religion.
            >
            > I think this subject needs to be investigated until a
            > point where the original manuscripts turn up. David L.
            > illustrated a number of earlier pieces that appear now
            > to have changed from the earlier versions. However I
            > don't recall David quoting the original Tiger's Fang as
            > if he had a copy of it.
            >
            > IMO, every member of Eckankar should be allowed
            > access to a copy of that original T.F. manuscript that
            > in 1963 Paul Twitchell sent to his old master Kirpal S.
            > I'd certainly love to find a copy in an old book store, if
            > they have not yet been all quarantined, or destroyed.

            The Letters to Gail. wer'nt really letters paul wrote and posted to Gail. He made them up so it seemed he was educating her so she knew what she got into when she married him. What a caring man to write that many letters to his future wife!!!
            Gail sold Sunasu to her twin sister.
            Diana
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
              Hello Etznab,
              There's no "if" about it. Rebazar is a fictional
              comic book/religious character! Paul wrote
              The Tiger's Fang to impress his Master... Kirpal
              Singh. PT was with Kirpal for 10 years (1955-
              1965) while, at the same time, exploring other
              philosophies and paths.

              And, of course, Paul reedited The Tiger's Fang,
              after their disagreement, just like he reedited
              The Flute of God and even the Shariyat. Don't
              put too much weight upon what Doug Marman
              has to say. Why? He's a Klemp apologist and
              a H.I. and can't be trusted. He's simply feathering
              his own nest in hopes of receiving that next
              Initiation, selling books, and establishing an
              EK following of sorts. Or maybe he's hoping
              his pal, little Harry, will pass him the Rod...
              someday!

              Klemp even states on Eckankar.org that
              Kirpal returned The Tiger's Fang manuscript
              after they had a falling out.

              Plus, on Eckankar.org Klemp mentions
              Kirpal's name about 17 times while HK
              mentions the fictitious "Sudar Singh"
              (another name substitution for Kirpal
              Singh) about 5 times.

              I doubt that you could find anything
              written by Paul, prior to 1966, that
              mentions Rebazar, although, he (later)
              claimed to have been initiated by him,
              first, in 1935 and, again, on a second
              trip to India (to the 12th) around 1951.

              Prometheus

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                Hello Diana,
                Thanks for enlightening us about
                "Letters to Gail." I always thought
                it was a little too preachy to be real.

                Paul probably "wrote" them in the
                beginnings of Eckankar when he
                needed to start selling himself to
                the public. By this time he and Gail
                had been married for at least two
                or three years. What's the copyright
                date on "Letters to Gail?"

                That's interesting that Gail had/has
                a twin sister. I wonder how much her
                twin paid for Sunasu? I'm thinking that
                Sunasu Vitamins are still being sold.

                Prometheus

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011

                  > Hello Diana,
                  > Thanks for enlightening us about
                  > "Letters to Gail." I always thought
                  > it was a little too preachy to be real.
                  >
                  > Paul probably "wrote" them in the
                  > beginnings of Eckankar when he
                  > needed to start selling himself to
                  > the public. By this time he and Gail
                  > had been married for at least two
                  > or three years. What's the copyright
                  > date on "Letters to Gail?"
                  >
                  > That's interesting that Gail had/has
                  > a twin sister. I wonder how much her

                  I don"t know the date he wrote them I know I could't wait for the second copy to come out. I thought they were info for us who just got in Eck.
                  I'm working on a catalog of my most recent paintings that are now in print. So when I get tired of work I click on here and have coffee with you guys!

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                    The first letter is dated December 6th, 1962. The following words
                    appear on the first page (in italics):

                    ECKANKAR

                    ECK Master

                    Rebazar Tarzs

                    MAHANTA

                    This was supposedly the year 1962! Do you think those words appeared in
                    the original? Or did Gail and Darwin (somebody) do some editing?

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                      Hello Etznab,
                      It doesn't matter what the date
                      was on the phony letter. It too is
                      phony. Diana said that Twit did
                      these letters "after" he and Gail
                      were married and they were married
                      in 1963. The key is the copyright
                      date in the book and I know it has
                      to be after Jan. 1, 1969 because
                      "Mahanta" wasn't mentioned until
                      then. Twitchell was a conman and
                      liar and did all sorts of reediting,
                      plagiarism, substitution, etc.

                      etznab@... wrote:

                      > The first letter is dated December 6th, 1962. The following words
                      > appear on the first page (in italics):
                      >
                      > ECKANKAR
                      >
                      > ECK Master
                      >
                      > Rebazar Tarzs
                      >
                      > MAHANTA
                      >
                      > This was supposedly the year 1962! Do you think those words appeared in
                      > the original? Or did Gail and Darwin (somebody) do some editing?

                    • dianastanley43
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011

                        > Hello Etznab,
                        > It doesn't matter what the date
                        > was on the phony letter. It too is
                        > phony. Diana said that Twit did
                        > these letters "after" he and Gail
                        > were married and they were married
                        > in 1963. The key is the copyright
                        > date in the book and I know it has
                        > to be after Jan. 1, 1969 because
                        > "Mahanta" wasn't mentioned until
                        > then. Twitchell was a conman and
                        > liar and did all sorts of reediting,
                        > plagiarism, substitution, etc.
                        >
                        > etznab@ wrote:
                        > >

                        > > The first letter is dated December 6th, 1962. The following words
                        > > appear on the first page (in italics):
                        > >
                        > > ECKANKAR
                        > >
                        > > ECK Master
                        > >
                        > > Rebazar Tarzs
                        > >
                        > > MAHANTA
                        > >
                        > > This was supposedly the year 1962! Do you think those words appeared in
                        > > the original? Or did Gail and Darwin (somebody) do some editing?

                        Diana
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                          I didn't know that before. What Diana said. I assumed the letters were
                          written on the dates assigned to them in the book. After all, they are
                          all dated at the beginning of each letter.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                            Hello Diana and Etznab,
                            Okay, I thought Diana said that
                            they were married at the time of
                            the letters. I think that Paul did
                            post dated them for the time
                            he was in California and Gail was
                            still in Seattle. Then, Paul claims
                            he sent for her or something like
                            that and they were married. I still
                            believe, as Diana does, that they
                            were together when he wrote them.
                            If the truth be known, Gail probably
                            typed them for Twit.

                            But, one thing is clear. These letters
                            were reedited. The proof is with the
                            1969 term "Mahanta." Look at everything
                            else written. It is impossible for Paul
                            to have used this term before 1969.

                            Prometheus

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                              Paul said so himself around 1969 that the term was "new information", I
                              believe.

                              For reference, check out Chela Workshop - Los Angeles, CA - February
                              14th, 1969: Audio cassette 48104 - side two - last five to ten minutes
                              of tape.

                              This is just one other reason I believe the term came out around 1969.
                              Not seven years earlier in 1962. Heck, Eckankar wasn't even officially
                              founded until 1965.