Re: Art work Diana Stanley

  • dianastanley43
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 1, 2011
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "dianastanley43" <dianastanley43@...> wrote:
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, etznab@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Some of the details were based on Eckankar writings, along with
      > > other things, if I understood correctly from another post.
      > >
      > > Here is a question. What color were Yaubl Sacabi's eyes when you did
      > > the painting of him? Blue or brown?
      > >
      > > The 1969 copy of The Tiger's Fang (one of the early Eckankar books,
      > > that first came out in 1967) described Yaubl Sacabi similar to the way
      > > Fubbi Quantz was described in the 1979 version. And with brown eyes. In
      > > another (older book) Paul Twitchell described Yaubl Sacabi having pale
      > > blue eyes! Is this not pecu-liar? Are they all typos and one master
      > > confused with another? I wonder.
      > >
      > > The Tiger's Fang chapter, The Worship of Moloch, the 1969 Copyright
      > > version, pp. 150-151 has:
      > >
      > > [....] When I got up from my knees from drinking the water, there stood
      > > beside me a wonderful looking man with a long, gray hair and beard and
      > > deep brown eyes. He must have been in his late thirties, square built,
      > > about five feet, nine inches tall, with a square face.
      > >
      > > "This is My Lord, Yaubl Sacabi," said Rebazar Tarzs. "He is one of the
      > > great ECK travelers from the city of Agam Des, the greatest of
      > > spiritual cities on the Earth Planet."
      > >
      > > The Tiger's Fang chapter, The Worship of Moloch, the Eighth Printing,
      > > 1979 version, p. 151 has:
      > >
      > > [....] When I got up from my knees from drinking the water, there
      > > standing beside me was a wonderful looking man with a long, gray beard,
      > > a fez and deep brown eyes. He must have been in his late sixties,
      > > square built, about five feet nine inches tall, and had a square face.
      > >
      > > "This is My Lord, Fubbi Quantz," said Rebazar Tarzs. "He is one of the
      > > great travelers from the city of Agam Des, the greatest of spiritual
      > > cities on the Earth Planet."
      > >
      > > Remember those pictures in the cartoon section of the newspaper
      > > where two apparently identical pictures were presented, but it was up
      > > to you to tell the difference?
      > >
      > > It gets better :)
      > >
      > > Descriptions of Fubbi Quantz and Yaubl Sacabi are on pp. 110-113 of
      > > Difficulties of Becoming the Living ECK Master (Copyright 1980). Yaubl
      > > seems to be the shorter one with "square" features there. Fubbi is over
      > > six feet tall and with "pointed" features. Yaubl, however, is described
      > > as having "very pale blue eyes" (p. 113). The 1969 T.T.F. version has
      > > Yaubl with "deep brown eyes".
      > >
      > > Double take :) (: ? ? Difficulties of Becoming the Living Eck Master
      > > were the last words of Paul Twitchell? And he had Yaubl Sacabi with
      > > pale blue eyes? Maybe he got him confused with Gopal Das? In any case,
      > > how confusing (for new people looking at Eckankar history) is that?
      > >
      > > This page has pictures of Eckankar Masters.
      > >
      > > http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/index.html
      > >
      > > Check out Rebazar Tarzs in upper left talking with Harold Klemp?
      > > Must be a reason for that. It sort of brings Rebazar Tarzs "to life"
> [...]
      That was a trip!(my hippyness is showing)
      This is a bit of info I bet no one knows. Darwin wanted me to do a comic strip of The Talons of Time and try and get it in the news paper. Well I worked on ten strips and sent them to several comic syndicates. The King synicate wanted to pick it up. They work with the New york times and several other big time papers. Needless to say I was excited and so was everyone else.
      Then I was told by Michale Noe that Darwin was afraid to take up the offer because he was negotiating with Gail to purchose the copy write for pauls books and the syncicate needed me to send them a letter proving I had the right to use the book. Darwin was afraid that if Gail found out she would want more money!
      My hopes of becoming a big time comic artist were dashed.
      At the time I thought that was a wierd thing for him to do.
      Of course by that time he was doing a lot of wierd things.
    • Janice Pfeiffer
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 4, 2012
        Exceptionally, good point etznab. Thank you very much.  My you guys are sharp!

        From: Russ Rodnick &lt;russrodnick@...&gt;
        To: "EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com"
        Date: Monday, August 27, 2012, 2:09 AM

          One thing that occurred to me is that in certain mental atmospheres,
        experiences of this kind are possible. A certain 'psychic sensitivity'
        happens and people can see and sense entities or energies of a
        meta-physical nature. Eckankar, knowing this may take advantage of this
        phenomenon, supplying people with a particular mythology, giving them a
        sense of personal connection which may have nothing whatsoever to do
        with the original phenom. I think the mental atmosphere is sustained
        bya state of being open to this type of experience. A receptivity to
        something 'more'.
        SO, interesting to me is that the process of 'opening' to somethng more
        can be done, without any organized religion but for me this requires a
        strong belief in my worthiness to live this way.And an awareness that
        the essence of self is non-physical and can live without the physical
        body,, inhabiting other planes of existence, now and after death of the
        There I go  again...

        From: prometheus_973 &lt;mailto:prometheus_973%40yahoo.com&gt;
        To: mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous%40yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, August 27, 2012, 12:25 AM

          Hello All,
        IMO most of the time we
        are simply setting ourselves
        up for whatever imagined
        experience our minds can
        create by tricking our eyes
        and other senses because
        we are so desperately needing
        and wanting to know about
        God and the mysteries of
        the universe. Are there real
        phenomena outside of the
        creations of the mind? Yes!
        But, is it related to a God?
        Maybe, maybe not. It all
        depends and is not for me
        to convince others either
        one way or another. If one
        has a real God experience
        then in what way and to
        what known purpose?

        I do know that Twitchell,
        Gross, Klemp, L. Ron Hubbard,
        and Joseph Smith (to name
        a few) are/were all liars and
        conmen and not "spiritual"
        due to their dishonesty and
        lack of morals and ethics.

        Religion, in the beginning,
        can inspire and prime the
        pump, so to speak, but then
        it (people and dogma) get
        in the way of the seeker
        where the group "path"
        becomes a trap for the weak
        minded via ego and delusion.
        Most religionists are programmed
        to see their doubts as tests
        while overlooking the possibility
        of it being a trap... either
        manmade or other worldly
        made. Because if we assume
        God exists then shouldn't
        we consider that the Devil
        or a Kal exists as well? Maybe
        not directly in a divine sense
        which means that most all
        religions have it wrong!

        The truth is that any "spiritual"
        experience will always be
        subjective even if we think
        there are objective factors
        having taken place.

        Janice Pfeiffer wrote:
        You know from what I heard Russ and it was true for me also, there did
        appear to be some prompting to accept it before finding eckankar in the
        lives of a lot of individuals.

        It definitely makes you wonder. For me it was something of great value
        that I experienced.

        I don't regret disconnecting from eckankar but like you I too wonder
        why these things happen before introduction.

        Could it be a type of witch craft? I had some experiences with local
        eckist that made me feel like some of them had powers to invade my
        personal space. Maybe it is done unbeknownst to us even before we know
        eckankar. Maybe there is an eck force that has nothing to do with love
        but can trick people into making the connection

        Once I was in, I had to fight against myself continually when I saw the
        unhealthy things that went on. Eckankar seemed like the source of true
        chaos instead of real truth. I struggled with the difference between
        what I saw and what I read on a constant basis and for a long time, I
        was willing to accept that I was not reading things right.

        I wish I could provide an answer for you.

        What I can say is that while what I experienced that prompted entry
        into eckankar seemed like a positive thing, my whole life seemed to
        become as chaotic as eckankar itself once I was hooked. For me it was a
        bad fit altogether except for some of the books.

        Question? If we can be influenced to believe the lies even when we
        become fully aware of the facts, is it not possible that the influence
        began before we even knew of eckankars existance? Could it be that
        being open to something new, we were given something that appeared to
        have a touch of magic in it, so that once we heard of eckankar we would
        naturally make the association?

        Sounds far fetched for sure.

        I would certainly like to hear what more experienced ex eckist have to
        say about it.

        Thank you Russ for raising the question. I wonder also.

        From: Russ Rodnick &lt;mailto:russrodnick%40yahoo.com&gt;
        To: "mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous%40yahoogroups.com"
        Date: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 5:42 PM

        whenever we talk about the idea that twitch creaated the lineage and
        the idea of the mahanta, my mind searches for a justification of an
        experience that occured to me one day in the early 80's. I was driving
        my taxicab one evening, late and a brilliant being of blue light
        appeared, for a few seconds by the side of the road.

        One idea of the Pole of the World comes ( I think) from Sufi literature.

        Something occured, and for me it has been like an affirmation of the
        existence of the mahanta. but if twitch created the mahanta, then what
        was it that I SAW?

        I believe there are developed beings, human but more than human.. I
        don't think they care one whit about ANY organized religion, preferring
        to work with individuals. I don't have any evidence per se, i just
        believe this.

        Food for thought, yes?