wedding ceremony

  • dianastanley43
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
      I don't know if Helen was the one that wanted the wedding ceremony or not. She did encourage me to do the paintings.
      I did a painting of Paul after he asended. He was smiling with his arms extended on the side. He also had, what I call Jeasus rays coming from him. I did one of him dead and his light body above him.
      I took them to my first creative arts festible. Helen and I drove to Vegas and met Darwin. He liked the Paintings. That was befor he was anounced the next Eck Master at the Seminar that night. I felt privledged to meet him that afternoon. Like it was some speacial sign of his grace. AAhh the good old days when everything was mystical and magical!!!
      Diana
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
        I believe it was Patti Simpson (in Marman's book) who told a story
        about Helen Baird wanting Paul to write an Eck Wedding Ceremony. Sorry,
        I don't have the page number and a quote right now.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
          OK. I did find the page number and a quote. It was the same place in
          Doug's book where Patti S. shared about Eckankar going non-profit.

          According to Patti Simpson:

          "[....] Paul never did want a marriage ceremony. You might run
          across cases like these as time goes on, and you say: Paul did this.
          Sometimes he did it just because his chelas created tremendous demand
          for it. [....]"

          [Based on: The Whole Truth, by Doug Marman, Copyright 2007, pp. 168-169]

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
            I really don't know about the wedding story but I lived with Helen for several months and she didn't strike me as someone who was interested in weddings
            hers or anyone elses.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
              I recall that Marman admitted that
              his book "The Whole Truth" wasn't
              the whole truth... it's not even close!

              Of course it's only logical that Twit
              would give-in to common demands
              of an EK marriage ceremony as the
              cult grew in numbers. It doesn't seem
              like anyone but Gail had the most
              influence upon him.

              Therefore it doesn't seem like Helen
              was the only "one" who wanted the
              wedding ceremony. I'm sure that many
              people wanted Eckankar to go more
              main stream (to become legitimate)
              and mentioned these matters to the
              higher ups, like Helen, who had either
              Paul's ear or Gail's. What does it matter
              who influenced Paul. Maybe it was, in
              the final decision making hour, an
              angel.

              Prometheus

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
                Good point Prometheus. One can only tell so much from a book,
                especially when people try and recount things from many years ago. I
                was only going on what Doug said Patti said. To put it another way:
                What he said she said.

                From reading her books I know Patti's memory is not always the best on
                every detail. Even after ten years. But this thing with Helen and Paul
                probably took place over 30 years ago by the time Patti tried to recall
                it.

                Anyway, it was the detail about this wedding ceremony creation that had
                me believing there was truth to it. I can also see your point as well
                though. That Helen could have been the mouthpiece for others. And since
                she had Paul's ear. It's possible.