The H.I. Letter 09/2010 Ask the Master

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2010
      The Wishy-Washy LEM/Mahanta
      Side-Steps the Issues and then
      shows a hawkish side to his nature.

      Q:
      "You have spoken about ECKankar
      becoming a worldwide religion."

      [ME]: What this really means is that
      having One EK Member Per Country
      gives Klemp the bragging rights that
      ECKankar is a "Worldwide Religion."

      Q:
      "I'm wondering about the many people
      who have been touched by the Mahanta
      BUT who live in developing countries where
      even the Reduced Suggested Donation
      for Membership is still prohibitive,

      OR people who live in countries where
      ECKankar Cannot be Practiced Openly
      and the Discourses are Not readily available.

      My understanding is that the ECK Initiations
      are only available through ECK Membership.

      This seems like a dilemma, and I would
      be grateful for any insights you can give
      about this. I know that you are working
      spiritually with all who come to you for
      guidance.

      How can someone in this situation receive
      an Initiation IF they cannot afford membership
      OR IF they live where they cannot practice
      openly?"

      [ME]: For one thing, let's separate the
      Outer LEM, the Outer ECKankar Org,
      and the Outer Membership Requirements
      from the Inner Mahanta. This is what
      ECKists should be doing.

      Anyway, I'll first give some of HK's
      excerpts from his history lesson where
      he sets-the-stage and then give his
      real response next:

      KLEMP:
      "Let us consider the rise of traditional
      religions in history. Nearly all the major
      ones were adopted by empires to fulfill
      some need of the latter.

      The early Greeks and Roman kingdoms
      blah, blah, blah....

      China's first emperor adopted the legalist
      school blah, blah, blah

      Christianity rose to the status of a major
      religion when blah, blah, blah

      These religions all served the states'
      needs... blah, blah, blah.

      Buddhism was strongly pacifist.. blah,
      blah, blah."

      [ME]: Why doesn't Klemp mention Islam?
      This is a religion that oppresses women
      as well as non-believers. Maybe it's too
      touchy of a subject for Klemp and he's
      afraid that he might show up on their
      radar if he does make a comment. HK's
      already paranoid since he still requires
      Metal detectors at the EK Worldwide Seminar.

      BTW- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON THIS:

      KLEMP (cont.):
      "So where does that put ECKankar?

      It is neither pacifist nor a warmonger.

      Supporting a war To Preserve Our
      Political Freedom is Certainly a Possibility.

      BUT to impose our ideal and political
      system upon another country is
      problematical, isn't it?

      A nation is like an individual. Its
      Right to have a Free Choice In Such
      Matters is Its Own Business.

      However, should a nation threaten
      OR try to Bully us, we will take Strong
      Measures to ensure OUR Freedom.

      NOW TO BACK UP AND ADDRESS
      YOUR IMMEDIATE CONCERNS.

      [Q: "How can someone in this situation
      receive an Initiation IF they cannot
      afford membership OR IF they live
      where they cannot practice openly?"]

      People, one and all, are spiritually in
      their rightful place. All have earned
      their circumstances. When they have
      learned all that is necessary, a way
      will open to let them reach an even
      higher state of consciousness.

      Not everyone will have access to the
      outer ECK initiations beyond a certain
      point.

      [After the first initiation, in the dream state]

      Nonetheless, the Mahanta is ever
      with them.

      ECKankar is on track to become a major
      world religion BY ITS OWN DEFINITION.
      The groundwork is going on now.

      Thank you for your deep concerns." {end}

      Prometheus
      p.s. I added some caps... and bracketed
      comments (for clarification).
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2010
        Klemp's answer to the question
        posed to him is very strange.
        Yet, as expected, HK's reply is
        very self-serving.

        I'll respond to both Q&A below.

        *******************************
        The Wishy-Washy LEM/Mahanta
        Side-Steps the Issues and then
        shows a hawkish side to his nature.

        Q:
        "You have spoken about ECKankar
        becoming a worldwide religion."

        [ME]: What this really means is that
        having One EK Member Per Country
        gives Klemp the bragging rights that
        ECKankar is a "Worldwide Religion."

        Q:
        "I'm wondering about the many people
        who have been touched by the Mahanta
        BUT who live in developing countries where
        even the Reduced Suggested Donation
        for Membership is still prohibitive,

        OR people who live in countries where
        ECKankar Cannot be Practiced Openly
        and the Discourses are Not readily available."

        [ME]: I would say that Islamic countries
        along with North Korea and inland China
        would be the countries that ECKankar
        couldn't be practiced in openly. Iran
        has become especially difficult and I
        know for a fact that there are a few
        ECKists there.

        Q: (cont.) "My understanding is that the
        ECK Initiations are only available through
        ECK Membership.

        This seems like a dilemma, and I would
        be grateful for any insights you can give
        about this. I know that you are working
        spiritually with all who come to you for
        guidance.

        How can someone in this situation receive
        an Initiation IF they cannot afford membership
        OR IF they live where they cannot practice
        openly?"

        [ME]: They can't! Only the Outer initiations
        count because ECKankar is a business/org.
        This is why initiations are tied into the paid
        annual membership donation fee. It's a
        control method and a money maker that
        ensures a "donation."

        However, ECKists need to separate the
        Outer LEM, the Outer ECKankar Org, and
        the Outer Membership Requirements from
        the Inner Mahanta myth.

        Anyway, I'll first give some of HK's
        excerpts from his history lesson where
        he sets-the-stage and then give his
        real response next:

        KLEMP (HK):
[...]

        [ME]: But it's okay to impose Religious
        Beliefs upon another country! Klemp
        is so two-faced, but isn't that how
        PT defines the KAL! Maybe he was
        looking into a mirror.

        HK: "A nation is like an individual.
        Its Right to have a Free Choice In
        Such Matters is Its Own Business."

        [ME]: So, a nation has the freedom
        of choice to impose its views upon
        other countries just as people do!

        HK: "However, should a nation threaten
        OR try to Bully us, we will take Strong
        Measures to ensure OUR Freedom."

        [ME]: So it's okay to "take strong
        measures to ensure our freedoms."
        What kind of "strong measures?"
        Does water boarding count? Does
        using remote control bombs that
        cause "collateral damage" with
        civilians count as "strong measures?"
        Klemp needs to be more specific
        and less vague.

        HK: "NOW TO BACK UP AND ADDRESS
        YOUR IMMEDIATE CONCERNS."

        [Q: "How can someone in this situation
        receive an Initiation IF they cannot
        afford membership OR IF they live
        where they cannot practice openly?"]

        HK: "People, one and all, are spiritually
        in their rightful place. All have earned
        their circumstances. When they have
        learned all that is necessary, a way
        will open to let them reach an even
        higher state of consciousness."

        [ME]: If "all have earned their circumstances"
        then what's the point of having Vahanas/
        missionaries? Let Karma and Spirit (the ECK)
        take care of things! Why do ECKists need
        a LEM or ECKankar if Klemp isn't going to
        do his part? It's obvious that the Initiations
        are merely a money making tool.

        HK: "Not everyone will have access to
        the outer ECK initiations beyond a certain
        point.

        [After the first initiation, in the dream state]

        Nonetheless, the Mahanta is ever with them."

        [ME]: This sounds like the Mahanta (God, HK)
        is with everyone... always. So why do ECKists
        have to communicate via snail-mail in order
        to get an outer approval for everything they
        receive on the "inner" when others without
        the outer EK initiations do not need the outer
        approval? Do African ECKists need to write to
        Klemp in order to have outer approval for what
        they receive on the inner? Klemp seems to have
        given them carte blanc!

        HK: "ECKankar is on track to become
        a major world religion BY ITS OWN
        DEFINITION. The groundwork is going
        on now.

        Thank you for your deep concerns." {end}

        [ME]: Like I said, having one ECKist per
        country makes ECKankar a "worldwide
        religion," but being a "MAJOR world religion"
        is a pipe dream. Look at other religions
        of the world and their leaders. What has
        Klemp done, as a religious leader, to
        promote ECKankar? HK's a recluse! Sure
        he "writes" tons of feel good books using
        "stories," but other than building a few
        buildings and creating the RESA police
        structure how has ECKankar really "grown"
        in the 28 years that Klemp has been in
        charge? The truth is it hasn't!

        As long as ECKankar has it's double
        standards with this "Outer" and "Inner"
        view, with Klemp in charge, it will remain
        a small sized cult which has lost its
        direction.

        Both the "Mahanta" worship and the
        Initiations (with positions of authority)
        have become the primary Outer focus
        with ECKists. And, the Imagination is
        used to fulfill (and fill-in) both desires
        when one or the other is lacking. It's
        much the same as it is with any religion
        and there's the trap, as well as, the test.

        Why do advanced Souls (as ECKists
        imagine they are) need an Outer Lower
        Plane Master and an Outer Organization?
        Klemp has just said that those isolated