Are Eckists absent minded or 'spaced out'?

  • sfarthi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2010
      My SO is a long time Eckist, I think level 5 or 6 or something. She used to 'contemplate' 30 minutes a day and at some point that increased to 60 minutes and now it seems like she has trouble fully reconnecting with the 'real' world. Loses things frequently and seems confused at times and is not the same person she used to be. Can that have anything to do with these 'altered' mental states that Eckists pursue?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
        Hello Sfarthi,
        I've seen this same phenomena happen
        in Transcendental Meditation (TM).
        However, in many cases the 20 minute
        time for meditation was deliberately
        extended due to people taking "advanced"
        courses and from taking the Siddha
        "Program." All of these additional courses
        extended the meditations to one
        hour and beyond. However, regular
        TMers who attended special weekend
        retreats also became lethargic, spaced
        out, and lost their motivation due to
        extended meditation time. I saw this
        happen with TM "Governors" as well.

        [FYI: A "Governor" rules part of an Astral
        Region, and this is mentioned in PT's
        works and I think in Klemp's first Lexicon
        which was copied from PT's Dictionary.]

        What happens is that ECKists and others
        retreat into a fantasy world which they
        mistake for a higher reality. It's much
        the same with drug users except this
        extended meditation produces a more
        natural high using the mind's ability to
        produce chemicals for the desired results.

        Unfortunately, these results also produce
        delusional thinking along with a generalized
        imbalance of behaviour. In truth, these
        people are depressed with their lives and
        and the extended meditation/contemplation
        times are used as escape mechanisms.
        The same can be applied to those who
        sleep more than 8 hours per day... while
        those who sleep 6 or less hours are caught
        up in the world... too much IMO.

        Balance is the key to almost everything.

        Since your SO is a 5th or 6th or whatever
        she has been in Eckankar for at least 20-
        30 years and should "Know" better. This
        is just more proof that Klemp (her God/
        Mahanta) has No clue as to what his H.I.s
        are doing or else he would have given her
        "inner guidance" (a nudge?) on her "outer
        contemplation" time/requirements.

        I do understand how extending the
        contemplation can happen. It used
        to take me 10-20 minutes just to
        settle my/the mind. Now, all I have
        to do is to sit quietly and close my
        eyes and I'm there. This also requires
        only a few minutes to "recharge" etc.
        and I'm never "zoned or spaced out"
        afterwards. As Soul I've done this on
        my own and for my Self and have
        been taught/guided by Spirit/Soul.

        Followers need religion. The Old World
        and New Age scammers, like Klemp,
        will always be there with their special
        invisible Mahanta/God like powers etc.
        [as well as the other (clerical) spokespeople/
        interpreters for God's "message"] and
        with their heavenly promises via God/
        Sugmad Himself!

        However, people need to take responsibility
        for their lives and if something doesn't
        feel or seem right then it probably isn't!
        The fault isn't with people, per se, it's
        with religion and those (politicians and
        clerics) who manipulate others via guilt,
        shame, and distortions of truth. The key
        is to keep the masses dumbed down
        and to intimidate them and to keep them
        silent from asking too many questions
        or from questioning "authority." But,