Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Eckankar's version of "keeping the cult members in check"

  • Drew van Rijk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
      yes , so true! I remember when I asked some local fellow HI's what they thought of Ford's book in 2003 and all I got was, "We  won't read it, Ford has become an agent of the KAL"  Now I thought this so strange because we all went to eck seminars to see Ford, and if someone as prominent in eckankar as  Ford was wrote a book about it, I would be mighty curious to see what he said. I then said it is all over the internet, you should know what is in it for new path seekers will ask about it. The same response and of course I was now also an 'agent of the KAL"  lol and was blamed for leading  others away from eckankar, even when the local eck leader himself resigned. The same tactics are used by all religious people to keep us from asking questions and to keep the power over you and the money rolling in. As long as we look to others for guidance and spiritual well being then it is so easy to fall into this very basic trap, so well exploited by the catholics for centuries.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010
        Hello Drew and All,
        I knew of H.I.s who bought Ford's
        book, speed read it, and then threw
        it away least it might further contaminate
        their thoughts or have a psychic influence
        upon them. How unconscious and superstitious
        is that! Anyway, they speed read it in order
        to say (truthfully) that they had read it and,
        thus, they became "experts" to argue against
        the book and Ford's claims. Their throwing
        Ford's book away reminded me of when
        Klemp did the cleansing of Darwin's books.
        However, shouldn't the all powerful Mahanta
        be able to "protect" his H.I.s from 4th PLANE
        WORDS and THOUGHTS that are not his own?

        Prometheus