Re: All ECKists Should Respond To This In Order To Vent

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 16, 2010

      for his chelas and acting as a karmic
      "holding tank" so that his Chelas
      and H.I.s can advance in consciousness
      and, thereby, in their initiations.

      How's that worked out for ECKists?
      In Eckankar today there are even
      more restrictions/requirements
      for H.I.s to qualify for the next
      higher initiation and title (i.e. cleric,
      initiator, ESA, RESA). And, thanks
      to Klemp, there are no longer
      Major ECK Seminars in California
      and Florida in the colder months
      of Oct. and March-April.

      BTW- Don't "Holding Tanks" get
      emptied so that more can be taken
      in? It's an on-going process/cycle
      kind of like using that old "Snow
      Ball Technique" over and over again.

      Well, this is all a moot point isn't
      it. Klemp has no powers... he's a
      fraud. I can see why he seems meek,
      at times, since he is aware that it's
      all a game he's playing and that
      any day now he'll be discovered
      for being a fraud. That's why he's
      not letting ECKists know where
      all the money is going since he's
      hide enough away to take care
      of himself just in case. But, what
      will that take for more ECKists to
      see through the facade? I don't know...
      maybe HK dropping over dead or
      having a stroke or maybe cancer?

      Don't get me wrong... I'd never
      wish that on anyone, but it happens
      everyday to all kinds of people and
      even to H.I.s. (of course). Yes, H.I.s
      are not special, and they get cancer
      too! Thus, Klemp is not exempt
      from this happening to him. Look
      at Twitchell... he didn't predict
      his heart attack and death! But,
      according to his own EK scripture
      (as the LEM/Mahanta) he should
      have known well in advance as
      to when he would be translating.

      However, in "Difficulties Of Being
      The Living ECK Master" Paul was
      meeting with his inner circle of
      H.I.s (in a business meeting) on
      the day of his death. The notes
      and comments of that meeting
      are given here. And, PT was making
      plans for his future with Eckankar
      in this meeting. Paul gave no indication
      (just the opposite) of his impending
      death on that very same night.

      This is just one more reason as
      to why this historical ECK book
      was not republished by Eckankar
      (Klemp). It's not like "Difficulties"
      can't be republished/reprinted
      since Eckankar has its own printing
      equipment, does the publishing,
      and owns PT's copyrights. Thus,
      this is just one more cover-up
      showing that Eckankar is simply
      another false teaching/religion
      that can't keep it's promises in/for
      this Here and Now.

      Prometheus

      Jonathan wrote:

      Prometheus,

      Thank you for the comments. I found them to be very helpful and very healing.

      Jonathan
    • postekcon
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 17, 2010
        EKULT, AN APPRAISAL

        I remember the ekult I joined 1970's. It seemed alive, vibrant, a movement which seemed to know what it was about and where it was going! Under the charismatic and artistic leadership of Darwin Gross membership numbers grew and grew. Because the movement was 'CURRENT' for the consciousness of those times, new members came with minimal recruitment effort!

        We were excited. Ekult promised us it had the 'tools' to experience greater individualism, freedom and spiritual 'unfoldment', and we believed the hype! We had grown up in the 'Flower Power' era and listening to The Beatles music! We were interested in TM (transcendental meditation), we were interested in all things 'eastern' and wanted to know more. Paul Twitchell too, was in-tune with this consciousness, he was 'CURRENT' for the times. The mail order education system he founded, matched those needs. Ignoring all plagiaristic issues here, the books and discourses he compiled from the works of other authors satisfied us for several years.

        However consciousness, being fluid, changes, moves on and around and ekult got left behind! Ekult shot itself in the foot, the day it gave leadership to Harold Klemp. Unlike Paul Twitchell he has never been able to tune-in to the consciousness (keep 'current'), produce or even 'compile' works which are dynamic and relevant for the times.

        BTW- In the business world, when a product matches the market forces (consciousness) of the day, it is successful; it is never the other way round!

        You might like to observe the consciousness of youth and those who are under 30 years of age. They tend to live life to the extreme to the edge of experience e.g. extreme sports etc. They show NO fear of the creation of either sin or karma, or of the consequences of either, whether now or in a hereafter. This is why a karma-based, savior-style religion like the one HK develops makes no sense to their consciousness. Even their devoted ekult parents have been unable to indoctrinate them in ekult ways once they've left the childhood years. (HK himself included as such a parent, I believe!).

        Ekult is an organization born out of human arrogance! Consider this! What level of human arrogance is shown, where an earthly organization claims it has commandeered the very spirit of god (energy of the universe); claims it can trademark it in earthly law and then proceed to market it for profit!! This reminds me of a certain medieval church? It too claimed it had commandeered the way of 'salvation' for the gullible populace. That medieval church, with its resa-structure-style network of upwards reporting, soon descended the slippery slope to the 'Inquisition'. History has a habit of repeating itself…

        Perhaps if ekult had stayed with its original brief and admitted openly to the world, it had been founded as a 'reference' point for the best available philosophies and theories for living life, like a Wikipedia, then it might have remained 'CURRENT'. If only it had cleaned up its act, it could have evolved as an altruistic service and been of benefit to mankind today. Instead, seeing the opportunity for financial gain, HK and owner/s colluded to formulate yet another dead religion to add the world's list. The modus operandi reminds me again of that medieval church which once sold indulgences i.e. money to church in exchange for remission of sins in the hereafter! Similarly ekult devotees can gain prominence (get noticed) by spending lots of own time and money in ekult 'service', and are often rewarded with faster progress through the 'initiation' process. To put this very simply, in ekult, receipt of the next initiation signifies the remission of some sin (karma)!

        'Service' to ekult is always emphasized and hyped as being direct service to the spirit of god! But Catch22 here as ekult also says the true godhead is a Being so detached, it has no interest whether mortals service it or not! What a clever ruse to induce 'service' for ekult coffers and hide its mlm business model. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with how ekult sources funding. In addition to church-plate style donations etc., ekult followers (like mlm affiliates) are expected to service promotional events and fund from their personal wallet promotional materials and products. More importantly, there is also a legal understanding that donations, collected at local level, belong to ekult HQ, and amounts are uploaded accordingly!

        In conclusion, what of any future for ekult – there is none – it's already too late? To my observations what remains are isolated pockets of ekult devotees mostly seniors, mostly single females! Grayed-out, like inactive pc commands, I note the dynamism and energy, I once admired, is long long dead, while larger and ever larger pics of their cultic leader casts its shadow over them…
        -Postekcon

> [...]
        > are given here. And, PT was making
        > plans for his future with Eckankar
        > in this meeting. Paul gave no indication
        > (just the opposite) of his impending
        > death on that very same night.
        >
        > This is just one more reason as
        > to why this historical ECK book
        > was not republished by Eckankar
        > (Klemp). It's not like "Difficulties"
        > can't be republished/reprinted
        > since Eckankar has its own printing
        > equipment, does the publishing,
        > and owns PT's copyrights. Thus,
        > this is just one more cover-up
        > showing that Eckankar is simply
        > another false teaching/religion
        > that can't keep it's promises in/for
        > this Here and Now.
        >
        > Prometheus
        >

        > Jonathan wrote:
        >
        > Prometheus,
        >
        > Thank you for the comments. I found them to be very helpful and very healing.

      • jonathanjohns96
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 17, 2010
          JJ - Please note. I only pulled forward postekcon's message. I'm going to comment on each paragraph.

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "postekcon" <postekcon@...> wrote:

          > EKULT, AN APPRAISAL
          >
          > postekcon > I remember the ekult I joined 1970's. It seemed alive, vibrant, a movement which seemed to know what it was about and where it was going! Under the charismatic and artistic leadership of Darwin Gross membership numbers grew and grew. Because the movement was 'CURRENT' for the consciousness of those times, new members came with minimal recruitment effort!

          JJ - I joined in 1979, and I can confirm that your description fits Eckankar very well for the 1979 time frame. You really made a very nice description here. I always thought there was a big difference between Eckankar when I joined in 1979 and Eckankar after Klemp had been in charge for awhile. Your description of Eckankar in the 1970s is beautiful.

          > postekcon > We were excited. Ekult promised us it had the 'tools' to experience greater individualism, freedom and spiritual 'unfoldment', and we believed the hype! We had grown up in the 'Flower Power' era and listening to The Beatles music! We were interested in TM (transcendental meditation), we were interested in all things 'eastern' and wanted to know more. Paul Twitchell too, was in-tune with this consciousness, he was 'CURRENT' for the times. The mail order education system he founded, matched those needs. Ignoring all plagiaristic issues here, the books and discourses he compiled from the works of other authors satisfied us for several years.

          JJ - Another beautiful description of Eckankar in the 1970s under Gross. I agree completely with your description and comments. Back when I joined in 1979, being interested in "eastern traditions" was OK, even well thought of in Eckankar and in many other parts of society as well. Then under Klemp, he got the "bright" [<-- sarcasm] idea that this was keeping members away. So he steered Eckankar in the direction of imitating Christianity as a way of increasing the membership. Experience has shown that this was a miserable failure in terms of bringing members into Eckankar. After all, other than saying that the HU is a prayer, the underlying teachings are still like the Eastern religions which Eckankar copied (Sant Mant, etc.).

          > postekcon > However consciousness, being fluid, changes, moves on and around and ekult got left behind! Ekult shot itself in the foot, the day it gave leadership to Harold Klemp. Unlike Paul Twitchell he has never been able to tune-in to the consciousness (keep 'current'), produce or even 'compile' works which are dynamic and relevant for the times.

          JJ - I agree 100% with your statement that "Ekult shot itself in the foot, the day it gave leadership to Harold Klemp." In fact, I had the same thought a few days ago. Even the same metaphor! Your view that it had to do with Klemp's inability to tune into the consciousness of the times is what I disagree with. I don't think Klemp was trying to that in any genuine way. He was only trying to tune into the consciousness of the times by asking the question "How can we get new members into Eckankar?" The answer he came up with was "Make Eckankar look like Christianity on the surface." I think Eckankar should have been honest and true to its roots and promoted itself for what it is: a copy of Sant Mant, etc., which has been modified for Westerners. Instead, Klemp turned Eckankar into something with a thin veneer of Christianity, but with the same basic Eastern teachings underneath (if you look hard enough), but now emphasizing the use of dreams for spiritual unfoldment.

          > postekcon > BTW- In the business world, when a product matches the market forces (consciousness) of the day, it is successful; it is never the other way round!
          >
          > postekcon > You might like to observe the consciousness of youth and those who are under 30 years of age. They tend to live life to the extreme to the edge of experience e.g. extreme sports etc. They show NO fear of the creation of either sin or karma, or of the consequences of either, whether now or in a hereafter. This is why a karma-based, savior-style religion like the one HK develops makes no sense to their consciousness. Even their devoted ekult parents have been unable to indoctrinate them in ekult ways once they've left the childhood years. (HK himself included as such a parent, I believe!).

          JJ - ECKANKAR IMITATED CHRISTIANITY. What you say about the under 30 crowd is very true. But that same group of people joined Eckankar like crazy under Gross in the 1970s. Eckankar, as it was originally set up by Twitchell, and maintained by Gross, is never going to be for everyone. It is always going to be for a small minority of people. I think Eckankar's failings in recruitment since 1990 is due to the fact that instead of being true to themselves, they started imitating everyone else. If you have a unique product, why would you ruin your business by starting to imitate everyone else? Eckankar hired a Madison Avenue firm to analyze Eckankar. Klemp spoke about it in one of his talks. Klemp joked that they recommended that Eckankar send Rebazar on a tour around the United States. I think what really happened, is that this report told Eckankar that the Eastern words and concepts were keeping new members away because Eckankar's pool of possible new members is basically people who come from a Christian background, regardless of whether they practice it seriously or not.

          JJ - ECKANKAR IS A PASSIVE APPROACH TO SPIRITUAL UNFOLDMENT. But the most important issue here may be because Eckankar is a very passive approach (this policy is actually consistent with its Eastern predecessors). And most young people today are not into being passive. Quite the opposite! Under Klemp, Eckankar started emphasizing the use of dreams for spiritual unfoldment. Everything else in Eckankar took a back seat to this approach. And Eckankar today still emphasizes surrendering to the master but much more than Twitchell and Gross did. Again, something that is VERY passive. By the time I left Eckankar in 2008 I was sick of reading Klemp's constant requests in the Mystic World that people love him, etc or they would spiritually hold themselves back. This is NOT what young people today are interested in. They are interested in taking charge and actively pursuing spiritual unfoldment. NOT following the passive approaches put forth by Eckankar. If Eckankar is having any success at all it is because it somehow manages to brainwash some people into thinking that Eckankar's approach is active. But as we all know, it is actually sending people in a direction that keeps them slaves to Eckankar by keeping them in a passive mode of functioning: (1) using dreams for spiritual unfoldment, and (2) relying on a master whom you surrender yourself to.

          JJ - A quasi-Christian-underlying-Eastern religion emphasizing passive techniques such as dreams for spiritual unfoldment, and requiring people to "surrender to a master" may not be matching the consciousness of today. It just seems that fewer and fewr Westerners are falling for this crap.

          > postekcon > Ekult is an organization born out of human arrogance! Consider this! What level of human arrogance is shown, where an earthly organization claims it has commandeered the very spirit of god (energy of the universe); claims it can trademark it in earthly law and then proceed to market it for profit!! This reminds me of a certain medieval church? It too claimed it had commandeered the way of 'salvation' for the gullible populace. That medieval church, with its resa-structure-style network of upwards reporting, soon descended the slippery slope to the 'Inquisition'. History has a habit of repeating itself…

          JJ - I can't comment about the middle ages because I have no knowledge about it. But you are right about the arrogance of Eckankar trademarking God. As I have written about it before on ET (Eckankar Truth message board) and/or ESA, it is blasphemy against God to think that you can trademark God. Eckankar also trademarked their particular sound of God: HU.

          > postekcon > Perhaps if ekult had stayed with its original brief and admitted openly to the world, it had been founded as a 'reference' point for the best available philosophies and theories for living life, like a Wikipedia, then it might have remained 'CURRENT'. If only it had cleaned up its act, it could have evolved as an altruistic service and been of benefit to mankind today. Instead, seeing the opportunity for financial gain, HK and owner/s colluded to formulate yet another dead religion to add the world's list. The modus operandi reminds me again of that medieval church which once sold indulgences i.e. money to church in exchange for remission of sins in the hereafter! Similarly ekult devotees can gain prominence (get noticed) by spending lots of own time and money in ekult 'service', and are often rewarded with faster progress through the 'initiation' process. To put this very simply, in ekult, receipt of the next initiation signifies the remission of some sin (karma)!

          JJ - One person, Prometheus (on this message board) has written extensively about the "services get rewards" process in Eckankar. I'm sure that both of you are correct. Believe it or not, I was never aware of that in my 29 years in Eckankar (1979-2008). I was out of touch with the actual "goings on" at the local Eck center. I was living in my own world. As a result, much happier, but completely out of touch with what was really going on in Eckankar. In my latter years I had been reading some things about it on the Internet such as Darwin's legal deposition. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Internet, I don't think I would ever found out the truth about Eckankar.

          JJ - I think there is some truth to your theory as stated in the beginning of your paragraph. When Klemp took over, he no doubt was made privy to the large amount of plagiarism/lies/exaggerations by Paul Twitchell. He had two choices, either "come clean" or cover it up in order to continue Eckankar's money-making scam. He chose to continue Eckankar's money-making scam. I believe that is what you are saying.

          JJ - Question. In your first sentence, did you mean "beliefs" instead of "breif?" That makes more sense to me.

          > postekcon > 'Service' to ekult is always emphasized and hyped as being direct service to the spirit of god! But Catch22 here as ekult also says the true godhead is a Being so detached, it has no interest whether mortals service it or not! What a clever ruse to induce 'service' for ekult coffers and hide its mlm business model. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with how ekult sources funding. In addition to church-plate style donations etc., ekult followers (like mlm affiliates) are expected to service promotional events and fund from their personal wallet promotional materials and products. More importantly, there is also a legal understanding that donations, collected at local level, belong to ekult HQ, and amounts are uploaded accordingly!

          JJ - Eckankar has a lot of hypocrisy. They speak for God, but in the end it is always about financial gain for Eckankar. But your main point is specifically that in Eckankar "Service for God" is really "Money for Eckankar."

          JJ - Question. What is "mlm?"

          > postekcon > In conclusion, what of any future for ekult – there is none – it's already too late? To my observations what remains are isolated pockets of ekult devotees mostly seniors, mostly single females! Grayed-out, like inactive pc commands, I note the dynamism and energy, I once admired, is long long dead, while larger and ever larger pics of their cultic leader casts its shadow over them…
          > -Postekcon

          JJ - Very eloquent writing on your part. I agree that it is mostly the oldsters that are keeping Eckankar going. I mentioned this in one of my first posts on ET/ESA when I first left Eckankar in December of 2008. I think there are fewer and fewer potential new members who are interested in Klemp's dream-based version of Eckankar. In other words, the emphasizing of dreams for spiritual unfoldment. In my own experiences, all of my work was in full consciousness actually talking to Eck masters on the inner. For that, I was made to feel like a heretic and pariah when I started telling the Eckists over at a.r.e about it. While in Eckankar, I didn't even dare mention it to all but two or three people. So anyone who has capabilities beyond the "dreaming" techniques currently in Eckankar, you would be better off choosing a more advanced path. I don't know what it is, but you might consider a real Native American shaman if you can find one, and if you can handle the rigors of that. An it's not "easy" like Eckankar is. Looking at the big picture, I think it might be OK to get some basic spiritual awareness under Eckankar or some other religion, but after that, move on, because Eckankar has little to offer.

          JJ - So, postekcon, thanks for your post. It was very well written, and very eloquently written. You made a lot of points, and I agree with virtually all of them.

          Jonathan
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 18, 2010
            I saw the following and it reminded me
            of something:

[...]

            [P] Klemp changing the direction of Eckankar
            towards Christianity with Sunday Worship Services,
            etc. reminded me of the movie of "Silence of
            the Lambs." The FBI agent tracked "Buffalo Bill"
            down by looking at where and what he coveted.

            The same came be applied to Klemp. He was
            attending a Luteran Seminary to become a
            preacher/minister. Thus, he took Eckankar
            in a direction away from the Eastern Teachings
            and closer to what he knew and had been
            trained in. And, since most Eckists come from
            a Christian background and the fact that this
            is still, for the most part, a Christian country
            (as is Europe) this makes for a familiar fit.

            Got to go now.

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 18, 2010
              I could identify with a number of points in
              that appraisal. I liked this part especially:

              "BTW- In the business world, when a product
              matches the market forces (consciousness)
              of the day, it is successful; it is never the
              other way round!"

              And about the youth, and consciousness,
              the youth of today have easy access to a
              lot more information and sources of inform-
              ation for research purposes, where most of
              the older generations had the library and a
              card catalog.

              I'd often thought about Paul Twitchell in the
              library, compiling and researching. And now
              I ask myself: WHY DID IT EVER STOP?

              Today, with the resources available, people
              can not only look at materials that Paul T.
              compiled & researched from, but they can
              take it further by continuing to compile and
              research (not forgetting to cite references &
              credit sources, of course). However, how
              much does it happen in organized religion?
              Because, doesn't it challenge the traditional
              existing dogma whenever a person decides
              to improve on it? Or, go beyond it? (Not to
              mention, expose it, give some history of it
              and show where it REALLY came from.)

              What are Eckankar's chances of seeing a
              "REFORMATION"? Personally, I think it's
              inevitable. The organization will change, or
              will become another fossil religion. Both of
              these forces are working antagonistic to
              one another in the lives of many people to-
              day, IMO. There is the traditional religious
              dogma and there is the need to change it.
              Some want change, and others are afraid
              of what that will mean to the old cherished
              dogma.

> [...]

              > and comments of that meeting
              > are given here. And, PT was making
              > plans for his future with Eckankar
              > in this meeting. Paul gave no indication
              > (just the opposite) of his impending
              > death on that very same night.
              >
              > This is just one more reason as
              > to why this historical ECK book
              > was not republished by Eckankar
              > (Klemp). It's not like "Difficulties"
              > can't be republished/reprinted
              > since Eckankar has its own printing
              > equipment, does the publishing,
              > and owns PT's copyrights. Thus,
              > this is just one more cover-up
              > showing that Eckankar is simply
              > another false teaching/religion
              > that can't keep it's promises in/for
              > this Here and Now.
              >
              > Prometheus
              >

              > Jonathan wrote:
              >
              > Prometheus,
              >
              > Thank you for the comments. I found them to be very helpful and

            • postekcon
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 18, 2010
                Thank you all for responses...

                My reference to the medieval church and the 'indulgences' issue, i.e. money to church in exchange for remission of sin in the hereafter, was a special point for HK himself, which he will fully understand from his Lutheran upbringing...

                The indulgences issue was the great trigger point for the Protestant Reformation. The big irony here is LOL; we now see HK and his concocted church repeating history... 'Service' (time/money) to ekult in exchange for the remission of sin/karma!

                The lem, due to his high initiation level, claims he is god's rep in all universes. So how come, it is only those who 'service' ekult who are on his fast-track to spiritual enlightenment?

                A question, I know, many ekult devotees ask of themselves! Ekult is a religion where service to all life is recommended as a way of life! So why is it this 'service' must be in visible form for ekult, for it to actually count as 'service'?
                -Postekcon
                p.s. in original post, mlm = multi-level-marketing.

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 19, 2010
                  Hello Postekcon and All,
                  Thanks for the post. Yes, it seems that
                  "indulgences" have taken on the name
                  of "service" with Eckankar. However,
                  indulgences were strictly sold for money.
                  Klemp, however, needs a free/volunteer
                  sales team to sell his wares (and Eckankar's),
                  while he gets 50% royalties for anything
                  with his name on it.

                  But, what do these ECKists get on the
                  lower planes for/from their lower plane
                  service? Well, if you're a 7th Initiate and
                  an ESA and don't want the headache
                  of being a RESA then you don't get
                  anything because you've hit the glass
                  ceiling.

                  Maybe one can be a Director within
                  the Satsang but that's a pain with
                  people calling you all the time and
                  then having to write reports and plan
                  events etc. Plus you have to call people
                  and remind them to write and turn
                  in their reports to you! Except for
                  being in the limelight and having
                  some power it's really not worth it.
                  But, for some the small amount of
                  power and notoriety would be worth
                  it the hassle I guess but it won't get
                  you anywhere except to be considered
                  for the RESA's spot when/if it opens
                  up. The RESA position is a status
                  position, but for those 7ths who
                  have been there and done that
                  there's nothing else except the
                  hope of getting an 8th. But Klemp
                  is a tight ass and doesn't want to
                  share the wealth so kiss that 8th
                  good-bye. But who knows...
                  Of course that's another Catch-22.
                  If an ECKists desires or covenants
                  that 8th (or whatever) too much
                  then this is why it won't come.
                  But if you "surrender" and give-
                  up your desires then it becomes
                  more possible, but still improbable.
                  That's the "carrot" that is dangled
                  in front of their noses and keeps
                  them distracted in yet another
                  manmade religion.

                  Anyway, if you're not yet an ESA or
                  a 7th Initiate then you are more motivated
                  to play the game. Status and power are
                  the motivators (along with the promises
                  of all the "higher heavenly" benefits one
                  can imagine). Some people need religion.
                  The irony is that ECKists see themselves
                  "above" all other religions while not
                  seeing that they have fallen into the
                  same religious trap.

                  Prometheus

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 19, 2010
                    Hello Postekcon and All,
                    I've really enjoyed the reading the insights
                    from all of the responses. Yes, I was once
                    a Catholic so I know something about the
                    Church's sorted past involving indulgences.
                    It seems that Klemp has modeled his version
                    of ECKankar after the Lutheran version of
                    the Catholic Church. After all, it's what he
                    was taught in seminary school so why not
                    go with what's familiar.

                    If Klemp would have just pulled the names
                    of some recommended H.I.s from a hat,
                    BUT those who are Not participating within
                    "service" areas, it would have given the
                    impression (although false) that, perhaps,
                    "inner" qualifications were still valid litmus
                    tests for Initiation. However, I've never
                    seen a 7th Initiate who was not, at least,
                    a cleric, initiator, etc!

                    What ever happened to "The ECK
                    Contemplative Order" or whatever it was
                    called?" I think it's briefly mentioned in
                    "The Holy Fire of ECK" Book One (pg.60?).

                    Prometheus