Worship of Personality

  • avonblue1212
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
      I always found it ironic the way eckankar claims its followers are taught to not worship the personality of the master but instead to recognize the inner consciousness of whomever this being happens to be in the physical. Yet with increasing frequency since the Twitch/Gross era, numerous photos of Klemp have been produced and marketed to the ekkie public. Furthermore, as has been noted by others repeatedly, the photo(s) of Klemp are all of the pre-gray/balding/thinner man. I recall numerous conversations and discussions in classes, seminars, literature where eckists (or Klemp himself) would chastise those not able to make the "spiritual" jump from Paul to Darwin or Darwin to Klemp, claiming they were worshipping or "attached" to the man, not recognizing the inner consciousness beyond the physical form.

      In MIchael Largo's new book, "God's Lunatics" he's created an encyclopedia of the ridiculous and comical to the horrific and maniacal search for god as expressed in every conceivable religious practice throughout the ages (he even cites eckankar with Venusian origins). Most interesting is his description of the Cult of Personality or Celebrity Worship.

      He claims Khrushchev was the first to use the phrase "cult of personality" in reference to his disapproval of Stalin's massive media campaign to elevate himself to a god. He tells how Hitler, Mao, Saddam, Kim-Jong-II and others of this ilk who "made their omniscient presence a part of daily life through the proliferation of their image." These images, he states, were accompanied by the message of their goodness, wisdom and power and this influence was impossible to escape.

      Does this sound at all familiar? I find it very revealing of the cult ethics this organization openly utilizes but never professes to. Having been there I know how difficult it is to see the trickery when you're caught in the brainwashing and taught over and over to "trust" the "master" or trust your inner guidance. Of course the inner guidance eckists believe they have has all been expertly crafted from their very first days of participation. How? Remember being taught to avoid the writings of other teachers/practices and only read ek literature in the beginning as it will "confuse you" and slow your progress? If you shun, doubt, disregard the "master" you risk becoming lost in the astral worlds... , really? So we're supposed to accept a farm boy from Wisconsin was sent here to guide us back - that we have no ability or inherent wisdom ourselves? If we don't accept eckankar over any number of crackpot philosophies out there we'll have to return again and again until we do? Wow - I actually believed some of this stuff!!!

      More interesting but beyond the scope of this post is what neuroscience has revealed about the mind and it's functional ability and deficits as well as what quantum physics has revealed about the seen and unseen physical universe over the last 10 years or so. Seems all the stuff of religion and spirituality is emerging science after all. All the inner powers and gifts that eck claimed to offer was there all along. Take a little time to investigate even the layman books on these subjects - it's fascinating. Of course that's if you can get by the other ek credo that looks at the mind, and rational thought for that matter, as just a lowly bodily function.
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
        "avonblue1212" wrote:

        "I always found it ironic the way eckankar claims its followers are taught to not worship the personality of the master but instead to recognize the inner consciousness of whomever this being happens to be in the physical. Yet with increasing frequency since the Twitch/Gross era, numerous photos of Klemp have been produced and marketed to the ekkie public. Furthermore, as has been noted by others repeatedly, the photo(s) of Klemp are all of the pre-gray/balding/thinner man. I recall numerous conversations and discussions in classes, seminars, literature where eckists (or Klemp himself) would chastise those not able to make the "spiritual" jump from Paul to Darwin or Darwin to Klemp, claiming they were worshipping or "attached" to the man, not recognizing the inner consciousness beyond the physical form."

        Very valid point, avonblue1212.

        I know people may be getting tired of my stories about "what happened at he Eck canter," but this is another topic I brought up there. Sometime in my last year in Eckankar (2008) I was at the local Eck center in the room where the huge photo of Klemp is high up on the wall. I mentioned to some of the Eckists there about how I was genuinely concerned about what I perceived as "worshiping the personality of Harold" and how this was not a good idea, and how Harold was not going to live forever, and how worship of Paul created a big problem with many people leaving Eckankar when he died.

        As you may have already guessed, these comments went over like a lead balloon. People looked at me like I was an alien from outer space or something for saying something so ludicrous. So this conversation with these Eckists was one more thing that made me realize just how delusional these people are, and how they live in their own world. By the way, these people were all 30-year higher initiates.

        From my point of view, this experience was like that old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." I was trying to help Eckankar avert another disaster like when Paul died, but nobody there wanted to hear my "stupid" opinion. They seemed to act like Klemp was never going to die, or perhaps they just couldn't deal with the possibility of that happening. Which tells me that they aren't going to deal with it very well when it does happen.

        By the way, a member of Eckankar who probably knew the facts, once told me that when Paul died, about one-third of the membership left. I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen when Klemp dies.

        And as I read Ecknankar's secret publications like the Mystic World and Hi Newsletter, what I generally saw was Klemp encouraging people to worship him more.

        I may be wrong, but the way things looked to me in December of 2008, I saw Eckankar setting itself up for another disaster like when Twitchell died. I think the reason why Eckankar is encouraging its members to worship Klemp is because they want to keep them stuck in Eckankar.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
          Hello Avonblue and ALL,
          Klemp is a hypocrite. I saw and heard him
          chastise a woman at a Spiritual Laws Seminar
          in Toronto once because during a Q&A she
          "adoringly" asked him a question. Klemp
          wanted to make it clear to everyone there
          that he was Not to be worshipped. His words
          to her were cruel and overreactive. I felt
          sorry for her she was crushed. I'm sure
          Klemp saw this as using "tough love," but
          in truth he violated the: "Is it True; Is it
          Necessary; Is it Kind" spiritual rule (of the
          Buddha) that many ECKists attempt to follow.

          Then again, at EK Seminars just watch
          how ECKies hang onto Klemp's every
          word and laugh and giggle at his nervous
          and poorly made attempts at humor.
          ECKists act as though they are in a trance
          or under a spell... from a Black Magician.
          And, Klemp eats it up! He loves the silly
          laughter... all the way to the bank.

          Yes, ECKists still worship him, but it's
          because he is the "Mahanta" who is 10
          Planes of Con. HIGHER than the "God" of:
          Islam; Christianity; Judaism; Hinduism;
          et al because these are 4th Plane religions.
          Klemp states this, of other religions, on
          page 385 of his "Autobiography." PT
          stated it as well in the Shariyat. Thus,
          if "GOD" (Kal, devil, satan) is of 4th Plane
          and HK as LEM is of the 12th and as
          Mahanta of the 14th Plane then why
          wouldn't he be worshipped? BTW- When
          is Klemp going to start to act like a 14th
          Plane GOD? Why does "GOD" need snail-
          mail IROs or "outer" Seminars, etc.?

          Really, Klemp (even as the 12th Plane LEM)
          is not only much more "Higher" and spiritually
          evolved than Muhammad, Jesus, Krishna,
          Buddha, etc. but also more spiritually advanced
          and evolved than the "God" these Prophets,
          and Masters worshipped.

          Yet, Klemp states that he doesn't want to
          be "worshipped" even though he has created
          an "ECK Worship Service" (EWS). However,
          Who/what is "worshipped" at an EWS? It's
          Klemp! He states that he is one with the
          ECK and is the ECK!

          See, Klemp is using Black Magic and Brainwashing
          techniques on ECKists. Is this a Catch-22, or
          some kind of a Paradox? It's really just a manipulation
          and a lie. Then again, in some ways it is a Catch-
          22 for ECKists. Klemp wants to have it both ways,
          but it's the ECKists' getting screwed. This delusional
          thinking is just accepted without question. After
          years and years of overlooking the obvious contradictions
          one finally gives in and "surrenders" their intellect
          and rational thinking. This is the "Leap of Faith"
          that HK has spoken about and it's the same one
          that the 4th Plane religionists must take in order
          to accept those lies as well.

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2010
            BTW- It should, also, be pointed out that
            ECK H.I.s are "higher" than the "God" of all
            religions since this GOD is no higher than
            the 4th Plane! Now, explain to me why these
            H.I. "Gods" cannot communicate completely
            on the "inner" with the "highest" God... the
            LEM/Mahanta? Why are these ECKist Gods
            so limited? Is ECKankar a Big Fat Lie? Yes!

            Really, think about it. Klemp states in his
            "Autobiography," on page 385, that the
            God of all religions is a 4th (Mental) Plane
            God and most H.I.s are 5th-7th Plane.
            Now, H.I.s should ask themselves, after
            their heads deflate, how do I, as well as,
            Klemp demonstrate this Level of Awareness
            that is "beyond" God's Consciousness?

            Okay, wake up! Here's the Catch-22.
            ECKists cannot experience "God Consciousness,"
            permanently, unless they become 8th Initiates.
            So, the 4th Plane God's Consciousness
            can only be experienced permanently
            when they become 8th initiates! However,
            remember that this 4th Plane God is KAL,
            i.e. the Devil, Satan.

            BTW- Isn't Sugmad also referred to as "God"
            in the EK Teachings? Sure! So, 8ths can experience
            SUGMAD (God) Consciousness on a regular basis?
            I don't think Klemp would allow this interpretation!
            HK's too selfish to put even 8ths on that level.
            It's too close to where he's standing is on the
            mountain.

            FYI- I happened to look up "ECK Masters"
            (12th initiates) in Klemp's 1st Lexicon and
            read that these guys "have reached a state
            of consciousness of relative perfection."
            Yet, isn't this said of our (4th Plane) God?
            Didn't 14th Plane Klemp once say that he
            too "wasn't perfect?" Confusing isn't it?
            That's the whole point! This is why ECKists
            aren't supposed to question the ECK Teachings
            beyond their 2nd initiation, or else one
            will be Black Listed on Initiations and/or
            shunned. ECKists aren't permitted to
            sort out the facts from the myth or from
            the distortions and lies that Twitchell handed
            down to D.G. and to Klemp.

            ECKankar is all make believe and comfortable...
            it's the Easy Way!

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2010
              Prometheus said:
              This is why ECKists
              aren't supposed to question the ECK Teachings
              beyond their 2nd initiation, or else one
              will be Black Listed on Initiations and/or
              shunned. ECKists aren't permitted to
              sort out the facts from the myth or from
              the distortions and lies that Twitchell handed
              down to D.G. and to Klemp.

              Exactly - the minute you question or doubt (qualities of a rational mind) you're told you must not be doing your spiritual exercises regularly (in other words you are an inferior spiritual being) - which is just more brainwashing and a continuation of the cycle of deception. Or your told "doubt is good" it allows you to dig deeper and immerse yourself more into the "teachings". I like the concept of free thinking and choice.
              AB

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2010
                Hello Avonblue and All,
                Yes, it always amazes me how people,
                in general, tend to listen to these (male)
                spokespeople/preachers/clerics of/for
                "God" and think that they and their words
                are "Holy." As Soul aren't we all Holy
                and Divine? As Soul aren't we all equal?

                Therefore why not go directly to the
                Source and bypass the hearsay etc.?
                Isn't this the True message that the
                business of religion tends to hide
                with its slight-of-hand tricks. Of course!
                And, ECKankar is no exception.

                However, ECKankar has the Initiation
                game where everyone, except Klemp,
                is striving, hoping, and desiring for
                that next level up. Being "higher" on
                the initiation ladder is supposed to
                equate with having a higher consciousness
                and this means one is closer to God
                and to Knowing everything and being
                Immortal, and free from fears etc.
                But, like all other religions, ECKankar
                must have a male leader. That's not
                very enlightening for a "New Age Religion."
                And the reasons for having only a
                male leader is kind of lame... and silly.

                Anyway, ECKists cannot leave or do
                things on their own because they are
                not yet worthy to do so. ECKists need
                to be 12th Initiates (and that won't happen)
                in order to go their own way and follow
                their own "spiritual" path. It used to be
                at the 7th initiation, but there were
                strings attached to that promise.

                The Truth is ECKists are there now,
                regardless of initiation rank, if they
                would only realize it. But, One has
                to quit religion for the sake of Self.
                This truly is "Being a Law Unto Oneself."
                Soul does not need to rely upon hearsay,
                spokespeople, what others have claimed
                to be the Word of "God."

                Go directly to the Source yourself in
                this Here and Now. This has always