Ajna?

  • etznab18
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2010

      So I'm not sure what "ajna" means
      exactly, or where the word derived
      from. Maybe from "Ajan". Not sure.

      For Tisra Til ("third eye") "til"
      appears to derive from "tilak".

      The Tilak spot is consciously placed
      at the center of the forehead between
      the eyebrows. This location is signif-
      icant being the location of ajna chakra,
      which is also known as the third eye,
      the eye of wisdom (jnana chakshu) or
      the Divine eye (divya chakshu). It is
      the aim of devout Hindus and yogis to
      open or awaken ajna chakra by constant
      meditation. So, this is significant
      because at ajna chakra is where con-
      scious and unconscious minds unify and
      the element of duality merges into the
      one universal entity.

      http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080809102550AAgaIDy

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2010
        Hello Etznab,
        What I found interesting is that I've
        seen chakras presented differently
        in the EK teachings... even in HK's
        older Lexicon. Tom Flamma mentioned
        the 12 chakras once, but in Vedanta
        there are 7. The Anja system has how
        many chakras listed?

        I found it interesting that PT has
        once again confused himself and
        his followers with mentioning 7-12
        chakras while promoting the lower
        brow or third-eye chakra. Why not
        the highest chakra? And, even today
        after all of these years under Klemp
        ECKists are told to place attention
        upon the "Third-Eye" (6th chakra)
        versus the "Crown" chakra when HUing.

        As to the confusion Paul created...
        Well, ECKists tend to overlook this
        by turning a blind eye to it. This is
        where "faith" comes in. Don't ask
        too many questions unless you can
        deal with the painful truth. Most can't
        and, therefore, don't want to know.
        it's difficult facing truth when one's
        imagination can create a safe and
        inspiring "spiritual reality." Why should
        a religionist leave the "comfort zone"
        that their religion has created?

        Prometheus