Other "Paths" Are Much Better Than The Eckankar "Religion"

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010
      I found an interesting book recently.
      It's called "Reinventing The Body,
      Resurrecting The Soul." Now I know
      that ECKists will have a problem this
      book right from the start because he
      says "The" Soul instead of just "Soul."
      However, this is just a case of semantics
      because Deepak Chopra knows that
      we are Soul and are not separate from
      Soul.

      "Three ways to end conditioning...

      REFLECTION--taking a second
      look at old habits, beliefs, and
      assumptions... Reflection involves
      standing back and taking a look
      at yourself, as if in a mirror...

      CONTEMPLATION--focusing on
      a thought or image until it expands
      as far as it can... Contemplation
      involves holding one thing in the
      mind and letting it unfold...

      MEDITATION--finding the level
      of the mind that isn't conditioned...
      Meditation involves the search
      for a level of awareness that isn't
      conditioned..."

      Of course there are many more
      details given in this book on these
      spiritual techniques given here.
      My point is that this information
      far surpasses anything Klemp has
      expounded upon. Sometimes HK
      is merely putting an updated spin
      on Twitchell's "borrowed" and
      "compiled" writings (plagiarized).
      'A rose is still a rose by any other
      name.'

      One more thing, it seems that
      Twitchell/Klemp switched around
      the definitions for Contemplation
      and Meditation in order to place
      meditation on a lower rung. Once
      again it seems to be a matter of
      semantics. But, Twit was noted
      for switching things around in
      order to have his teachings appear
      unique, different and better. Klemp
      is just following Twit's lead to show
      uniformity. However, the EKKankar
      definition for Contemplation is very
      similar to Deepak's definition for
      Meditation! However, any ECKist
      will tell you that "contemplation"
      is more advanced than "meditation."
      Reading Deepak's definition for
      "meditation" takes one beyond
      anything I've seen in the EK teachings!

      The truth is, ECKists are confused
      as to what is what. They just know
      that Klemp has said that meditation
      is one thing and contemplation is this
      other thing and is better and more advanced.
      Oh, btw, ECKists should never refer to
      the EK contemplation as a meditation.
      This will get you pulled from doing Intros
      and all kinds of things. It could prevent
      an ECKist from getting an initiation. EK
      Jargon has to be used... like with saying
      "Soul" versus saying "the" Soul!

      BTW, I noticed another book by Deepak
      that caught my attention. It's titled,
      "The Third Jesus." Why can't Klemp
      come up with more interesting subjects,
      titles, and spiritual information? He's
      a poser!

      Prometheus
    • avonblue1212
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010
        Klemp couldn't write his way out of a paper bag if he had to. It's either rehashed Twit talk or other's stories. No original thought. No inspiration. Can you imagine being the stereotypical seeker, climbing the highest peak to seek the knowledge of the great master, only to find Klemp and his double talk waiting for you at the top? ARRGGGHHHH!

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
          I'm still concerned that Klemp
          is being Vain and Dishonest.
          Look at that more youthful looking
          picture of himself that he still
          has out there! It's on the Wisdom
          Notes page, in the Letter of Light,
          and in EK Brochures. Really, is
          this Bait and Switch? If Klemp
          can't be honest with his looks
          then what else isn't true? Why
          would a "Mahanta" find it necessary
          to use deception in regard to
          his age and appearance? Why
          aren't updated and current photos
          used everywhere?

          What is the purpose of having a
          Living EK Master? It's to give a
          current-day spin on old teachings/
          truth!

          Why, then, aren't current photos
          of the LEM used? It's publicity!
          Eckankar wants to make itself look
          youthful in order to seem current
          and to appeal to the youth! But Klemp
          won't step aside! He has a Death
          Grip on The Rod of EK Power!

          And, of course, he's Vain and is
          in denial of his rapid aging and
          mental slowness. He's hard headed
          and stubborn too... like most of
          those from his generation.

          HK's anti-Baby Boomer and anti
          Gen-X too! He's even said so! It's
          sad for current H.I.s because the
          Titanic (Eckankar) is headed for a
          collision while the Captain (Klemp)
          is oblivious due to being mentally &
          spiritually asleep. They can only hope
          that his Karma will catch up to him
          more than it already has and he'll
          soon croak so that there can be a
          "new beginning" while they're still
          living in this field of action. Sad....
          but True!

          Actually, it's even sadder that ECKists
          (who won't deny that they are "advanced"
          Souls) need any "outer" religion at all.

          Prometheus

          <prometheus wrote:

          > I found an interesting book recently.
          > It's called "Reinventing The Body,
          > Resurrecting The Soul." Now I know
          > that ECKists will have a problem this
          > book right from the start because he
          > says "The" Soul instead of just "Soul."
          > However, this is just a case of semantics
          > because Deepak Chopra knows that
          > we are Soul and are not separate from
          > Soul.
          >
          > "Three ways to end conditioning...
          >
          > REFLECTION--taking a second
          > look at old habits, beliefs, and
          > assumptions... Reflection involves
          > standing back and taking a look
          > at yourself, as if in a mirror...
          >
          > CONTEMPLATION--focusing on
          > a thought or image until it expands
          > as far as it can... Contemplation
          > involves holding one thing in the
          > mind and letting it unfold...
          >
          > MEDITATION--finding the level
          > of the mind that isn't conditioned...
          > Meditation involves the search
          > for a level of awareness that isn't
          > conditioned..."
          >

          > Of course there are many more
          > details given in this book on these
          > spiritual techniques given here.
          > My point is that this information
          > far surpasses anything Klemp has
          > expounded upon. Sometimes HK
          > is merely putting an updated spin
          > on Twitchell's "borrowed" and
          > "compiled" writings (plagiarized).
          > A rose is still a rose by any other
          > name as is a turd!
          >
          > One more thing, it seems that
          > Twitchell/Klemp switched around
          > the definitions for Contemplation
          > and Meditation in order to place
          > meditation on a lower rung. Once
          > again it seems to be a matter of
          > semantics. But, Twit was noted
          > for switching things around in
          > order to have his teachings appear
          > unique, different and better. Klemp
          > is just following Twit's lead to show
          > uniformity. However, the EKKankar
          > definition for Contemplation is very
          > similar to Deepak's definition for
          > Meditation! However, any ECKist
          > will tell you that "contemplation"
          > is more advanced than "meditation."
          > Reading Deepak's definition for
          > "meditation" takes one beyond
          > anything I've seen in the EK teachings!
          >
          > The truth is, ECKists are confused
          > as to what is what. They just know
          > that Klemp has said that meditation
          > is one thing and contemplation is this
          > other thing and is better and more advanced.
          > Oh, btw, ECKists should never refer to
          > the EK contemplation as a meditation.
          > This will get you pulled from doing Intros
          > and all kinds of things. It could prevent
          > an ECKist from getting an initiation. EK
          > Jargon has to be used... like with saying
          > "Soul" versus saying "the" Soul!
          >
          > BTW, I noticed another book by Deepak
          > that caught my attention. It's titled,
          > "The Third Jesus." Why can't Klemp
          > come up with more interesting subjects,
          > titles, and spiritual information? He's
          > a poser!
          >
          > Prometheus

        • Drew van Rijk
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
            Does it really matter that klemp is vain and dishonest? We already know that!
            What is good about it is the fact that others still trapped in eckankar might get a chance to realize it!

            It is NOT a sad situation for current HI's that the good ship eckankar is headed to the bottom, it might be only then that they will released from the shackles of this group.
            Klemp will die in office, that much is clear, for the position is lucrative, feeds his ego and best of all, requires little effort on his part. He has been unable to write ANYTHING of significance in years, relying on re-telling the experiences of others as has been pointed out by all of us. But for many of us, eckankar was a necessary step in our own unfoldment, so it has it's purpose despite it's deceptive and corrupt past, I know part of the lessons to learn for eckist's was to realize that we have to think for ourselves and be free of ALL 'masters" and personalities that claim they have the keys to the kingdom, for we in fact have them already.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2010
              Hello Drew and All,
              I agree with you. Perhaps the Eckists reading
              this will see the points we are making and will
              eventually connect-the-dots. IMO, we have to
              do a self-analysis of what it was that made us
              so susceptible to yet another religious teaching/
              scam.

              It seems many of us were looking for a Path
              versus a religion and then Klemp changed the
              name and the structure of the org, but otherwise
              it seemed the same... at first. That's probably
              why many stayed rather than leave. After awhile
              one just gets use to the changes and is brain-
              washed to think that it's all good.

              Besides, if they made it through the mess
              with Darwin it would take a lot for most H.I.s
              to question Klemp's abilities. And, many Eckists
              have nothing to replace their religion with...
              it's comfortable. These people (H.I.s) need
              a religion of one form or another. Plus,
              there's the social connections that would be
              broken if an Eckist were to leave. Thus, many
              H.I.s just give lip service to the org/church.
              After 30 plus years of volunteering many H.I.s
              have retired from the chaos and stress even
              though they are pressured into doing something
              locally.

              Yet, most know that the 7th initiation is where
              it ends, therefore, why work your ass off? For
              a RESA position which requires even more work?
              No, most long-time 6ths and 7ths see things
              differently than Klemp does and don't follow
              his RESA ORG Guidelines. This is the little bit
              of "freedom" that they are still able to exercise.
              It's a cat and mouse game where they do just
              enough to stay in good graces with the RESA.

              What's funny is that you don't have to be intelligent
              or well read (even with EK/HK books) to fit-in
              at an EK Center. Just talk about the Mahanta's
              luv baby! Luv is all u need! It's so simple and
              so universal. So, once again... why do H.I.s still
              need a LEM? It is difficult, at first, to leave the
              EK fold but if someone really wants "spiritual
              freedom" that is the only way. The group con
              has to be left behind in order to see the Real.

              Prometheus