Klemp is selling the HU as a Prayer!

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
      In the 12/2009 The Mystic World
      is the "ECK Book Spotlight" (pg. 2).
      The book being featured is Klemp's
      "HU, the Most Beautiful Prayer" which
      includes a HU chant/prayer CD.

      Klemp boasts that his 2008 book has
      won two "2009 Next Generation Indie
      Book Awards" and shows his finalist
      certificates. Of course, the top three
      finalists get medals over certificates.
      And, according to the Indie Awards Page,
      "Other benefits of an award-winning
      book (such as potential increased revenue)."

      http://www.indiebookawards.com/awards.php

      However, I have to wonder When chanting,
      or silently repeating, HU becomes a "prayer?"
      Was this as recent as 2008? Apparently, now,
      HU can be used to make a "Request" to God.
      Most ECKists have ignored or misunderstood
      this change, unless, I'm mistaken and that words
      have no meaning for Klemp, except, when
      he's selling his wares.

      My dictionary defines prayer as:

      1 The act of offering reverent petitions
      to a deity.
      2 Any earnest request.
      3 A religious service made up largely
      of prayer.
      4 Something prayed for.
      5 A form of words appropriate to prayer.

      Words have a specific meaning.

      This must be what Klemp meant, or was
      he lying... again?

      Is this another misdirection, and a Bait
      and Switch? Catch-22?

      See, this is how Klemp keeps ECKists
      off-balance, confused, and second-guessing
      him. However, what's the purpose of
      having a LEM if he can't tweak or redefine
      scripture? But, is "prayer" an advancement
      in consciousness? Looking to a Mahanta
      for every little thing, or decision, is making
      a prayer "request" too isn't it? See how
      insidious this is and how he's brain-washing
      and reprogramming ECKists. The "changes"
      just creep in. Whatever happened to the
      goal/promise of Self-Mastery (for Soul)
      in THIS Lifetime?

      Remember, too, Klemp gets 50% royalties
      on anything with his name on it. Just ask
      another EK author or musician and see
      what royalties they get for their Eckankar
      books and music. Oops, sorry 'bout that!
      They can't mention it due to the Law of
      Silence. Catch-22!

      Thus, HK is now getting royalties via the
      HU!

      And, what's worse is that he's including
      the HU CD with the book where (mostly)
      members are HUing. I think that I was
      present for that recording!

      Here's the site listing the finalists:
      http://www.indiebookawards.com/

      *The finalists results are in alphabetical order.
      BTW- Note the competition! Also, recall that
      Klemp's books didn't get 2nd or 3rd place
      medals... he only received bragging rights
      and finalists certificates!

      2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards

      NEW AGE NON-FICTION

      WINNER:

      Living Passages for the Whole Family:
      Celebrating Rites of Passage from Birth
      to Adulthood, by Shea Darian (Gilead Press)

      FINALISTS:

      HU, the Most Beautiful Prayer,
      by Harold Klemp (Eckankar)

      In Full Bloom: A Brain Education Guide
      for Successful Aging, by Ilchi Lee and
      Jessie Jones, Ph.D. (BEST Life Media)

      Walking In Grace, by Atman (Trafford Publishing)

      Wolf Song Visions: The Earthwalk of Lêla
      and Káhla Remembered, by Scott and Linda
      Reade (Wolf Song Visions/BookSurge)

      SPIRITUALITY

      WINNER:

      Transcendent Dreaming: Stepping into
      our Human Potential, by Christina Donnell,
      Ph.D. (Winds of Change Books)

      FINALISTS:

      A Christian Woman's Journal to Weight Loss:
      A 52 Week Guide to Losing Weight With the

      Word, by Patricia Thomas (The Elevator Group)

      Business Revolution through Ancestral Wisdom,
      by Tu Moonwalker and JoAnne O'Brien-Levin,
      Ph.D. (Outskirts Press)

      Brain Wave Vibration: Getting Back into the
      Rhythm of a Happy, Healthy Life, by Ilchi Lee
      (BEST Life Media)

      HU, the Most Beautiful Prayer, by Harold Klemp
      (Eckankar)

      In Search of the Miraculous: Healing into
      Consciousness, by Eliza Mada Dalian
      (Expanding Universe Publishing)

      Mother Mary's Resurrection, by Alex Gutierrez
      (Puzzleworks)

      The Day We Try Christianity, by James Moore
      (BookSurge)

      Treasures of the Creative Spirit, by Robert
      Piepenburg (Pebble Press, Inc.)

      When Your Spirit Calls - In Search of Your
      Spiritual Voice, by Warren Ziegler (Enspiriting Press)

      Why?, by Mandeep Khera (AuthorHouse)

    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
        Promethues,

        I discussed the "HU, The Most Beautiful Prayer" on Feb 5, 2009 and Mar 4, 2009.

        Date: Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:20 am (ESA message board)
        Subject: Promotion of Eckankar - Part 3 of 3 - Christianization of Eckankar

        Date: Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:12 am (ESA message board)
        Subject: Re: Promotion of Eckankar Part 2 of 3 Madison Avenue Approach to Eckankar

        I saw the book/CD at the local Eck center before I quit Eckankar on Dec 17, 2008. Below is my first post on any of the Internet message boards. I am giving you this link just to indicate to you when I quit Eckankar:

        Here is my very first post on ESA/ET:
        Date: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm (ET message board)
        Subject: Eckankar now requires a background check for all Eck clergy

        By the way, I looked up the posts for "HU, The Most Beautiful Prayer" where I discussed it. I didn't include other member's posts in my search.

        I should also state that I first saw the book in the local Eck center when it first came out, so that was probably in the Dec 1 to Dec 16 time frame (or perhaps earlier). I can look it up in my personal notes later.

        Jonathan

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
          All,

          I just checked my personal notes. I went to the local Eck center on Dec 4, 2008 and read part of the book. I came home and immediately wrote a very long essay about it. Also, now that memory has been refreshed, I went to the Eck center for the specific purpose of reading that book which means that I had seen it there at the Eck center at a previous time. Seeing that book really got me upset so I believe I had first seen it only 4 days earlier on Sunday, Nov 30, 2008 when I was at the worship service.

          Jonathan

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2010
            Hello Jonathan and All,
            I'd like to comment on this cross-post from
            Eckankartruth. I think that the background
            checks started when ECKists began working
            with the Boy Scouts around the time the Scouts
            were kicking people out for being gay. There
            was a lot of bad press and Klemp didn't want
            any of it to come back and bite him in the arse.
            Klemp became rather paranoid and wanted to
            take action to make Eckankar bulletproof from
            lawsuits.

            Therefore, the background checks were done
            on those working with the youth. And, anyone
            going through Arahata Training and wanted
            to work with EK Youth, also, had to take an
            additional training course where they were
            scrutinized and evaluated much more carefully.

            One thing that is interesting about all of this
            is that the All Knowing LEM/Mahanta, obviously,
            can't read the Akashic or Soul records of his
            own H.I.s! Klemp needs to rely upon Physical
            Plane Paper Records provided by the government!
            What's with that?

            Here's the definition of Akashic Records:

            "The Records, Memories, and Karmic Patterns
            of Soul, stored on the Third, or Causal Plane
            FOR the Physical and Astral Planes." [1998 EK
            Lexicon, page 6]

            So, this is just more proof that Klemp is
            a fraud. IF he really was what he claims
            to be then why can't he access these
            records for his own background checks?
            He can't! This is just one more lie that
            ECKists have bought into because it's
            convenient and feels good... it's the
            Easy Way to more and more delusion.

            Prometheus

            jonathan wrote:
            Eckankar now requires a background check for all Eck clergy
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eckankartruth/message/7089

            I resigned from Eckankar yesterday. I am speaking out today.

            Sometime in the past few months I found out that Eckankar now requires
            a background check for all Eck clergy. Also, if you don't comply with
            Eckankar headquarter's "request," your clergy privileges are
            immediately stripped.

            I am absolutely certain of this information. I am not posting any more
            details in order to protect the source of my information.

            I searched the Internet for any information about this. I found
            absolutely nothing. Also, it has neve been mentioned in any of the
            private Eckankar mailings that I have received. So it appears to me
            that Eckankar is trying to keep this quiet.