Re: belief continued

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
      Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when the new TV season
      starts next week--new episodes of Medium, new Survivor and
      Apprentice series, and other potential new shows, etc.--I'm not
      going to have the time or propensity to read those Hu-Chat posts.
      I've been really dredging at the bottom of the barrel to keep myself
      amused in the evenings. : )

      By the way, last night I read that Mettahu was in a pre-organizing
      meeting for the EWW Seminar and that Peter S. said that Eckankar did
      donate to the Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund, but he didn't name
      the sum of the money donated. Hmmm . . . wonder what they considered
      generous? Well, who really cares! LOL!

      EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
      > <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > ***Let me be frank and say that I'm Not Frank, nor am I Steve
      R.,

    • ewickings@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
        In a message dated 9/13/2005 12:08:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mishmisha9@... writes:
        >Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when the new TV season
        starts next week--new episodes of Medium...
        ***  I like this show, but didn't get to watch it as often as I wanted during the first season.  I did purchase Allison Dubois' book,  Don't Kiss Them Goodbye.
            We have a ghost in our home!  Seriously, even my spiritually skeptical husband is positive we do.  Our 4 year old used to see my husband's father for about a year after he passed.  She would call out to him, even look up into the air where he was suppose to be standing according to her.    She used to have a toy phone that had the ability to ring.  Right after he died we would tell her to call her grandpa on the phone.  It was pretty cute when she would pretend....   it stopped being cute when we would all be sitting watching tv or something and all of a sudden this toy phone would ring by it self.   I took it to Goodwill...   LOL
            I frequently feel someone touch my shoulder, or brush up against me, and no one is ever there.  Or how about smelling cigarette smoke when no one smokes in our home.   I never allow anyone to smoke in our home, and have been here 12 years!   It can't be coming from the home next to us because it is 500 yards from us.   And I am a neat freak, and paint the walls once a year.....
            For the last few months, around 2 a.m. someone/something will gently knock twice on my 16 year old daughter's bedroom door.  The first time my husband and I experienced this, we both were awake but not aware of the other being awake.  We heard the knock, both jumped out of bed, my husband looked really shocked looking down the hall to see if one of the kids were up.  Checked all three rooms and they were sound asleep.  This has happened several times now, and each time it happens around 2 a.m., and everyone else is asleep.   We even shut down the computer at night thinking maybe it was one of the sounds it makes when doing a system scheduled activity.....   nope!

        By the way, last night I read that Mettahu was in a pre-organizing
        meeting for the EWW Seminar and that Peter S. said that Eckankar did
        donate to the Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund, but he didn't name
        the sum of the money donated. Hmmm . . . wonder what they considered
        generous? Well, who really cares! LOL!

        Mish
        ****  Well what a surprise!   If they are going to start doing that, I wonder what pressured them?  Aren't the relief groups like Red Cross and others suppose to list the groups that donate and how much?

        Liz

      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
          Hello Liz,

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
          wrote:
          > We have a ghost in our home! Seriously, even my spiritually
          >skeptical
          > husband is positive we do.

          I'm sure there is something to stories like that.

          > Our 4 year old used to see my husband's father for
          > about a year after he passed. She would call out to him, even
          >look up into
          > the air where he was suppose to be standing according to her.
          >She used to
          > have a toy phone that had the ability to ring. Right after he
          >died we would
          > tell her to call her grandpa on the phone. It was pretty cute
          >when she would
          > pretend.... it stopped being cute when we would all be sitting
          >watching tv
          > or something and all of a sudden this toy phone would ring by it
          self.

          I think that very often children see such things and have this
          connection, but not only. When my husband's cousin died, my father-
          in-law had a dream, and afterwards it turned out that it must have
          been at the precise time when this cousin passed on. So my father-in-
          law as well as my husband have that connection, too, sometimes.

          > took it to Goodwill... LOL
          > I frequently feel someone touch my shoulder, or brush up
          >against me, and
          > no one is ever there. Or how about smelling cigarette smoke when
          >no one
          > smokes in our home. I never allow anyone to smoke in our home,
          >and have been
          > here 12 years! It can't be coming from the home next to us
          >because it is 500
          > yards from us. And I am a neat freak, and paint the walls once
          >a year.....
          > For the last few months, around 2 a.m. someone/something will
          >gently
          > knock twice on my 16 year old daughter's bedroom door. The first
          >time my
          > husband and I experienced this, we both were awake but not aware
          >of the other being
          > awake. We heard the knock, both jumped out of bed, my husband
          >looked really
          > shocked looking down the hall to see if one of the kids were up.
          >Checked
          > all three rooms and they were sound asleep. This has happened
          >several times
          > now, and each time it happens around 2 a.m., and everyone else is
          >asleep. We
          > even shut down the computer at night thinking maybe it was one of
          the sounds
          > it makes when doing a system scheduled activity..... nope!

          Do you think it's still your husband's father who is around?

          > **** Well what a surprise! If they are going to start doing
          >that, I
          > wonder what pressured them? Aren't the relief groups like Red
          >Cross and others
          > suppose to list the groups that donate and how much?

          I was surprised to read that. But it is good. Depends on the amount
          of course! :-) I thought it was typical that the exact amount wasn't
          mentioned - I guess it's the Law of Silence in action once
          again ... :-))

          By the way, I had to laugh when reading the archives on huchat about
          Grace telling this ex-member that she never liked the way this
          person used "whom" (I think it was whom) all over the wrong places
          and how happy she was to get it off her chest! LOL! Shows that
          Eckists are human beings like all other people as well, and
          sometimes very infantile, too! :-))

          Ingrid
        • ewickings@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
            In a message dated 9/13/2005 1:11:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ctecvie@... writes:
            >By the way, I had to laugh when reading the archives on huchat about
            Grace telling this ex-member that she never liked the way this
            person used "whom" (I think it was whom) all over the wrong places
            and how happy she was to get it off her chest! LOL! Shows that
            Eckists are human beings like all other people as well, and
            sometimes very infantile, too! :-))

            Hi Ingrid, everyone,
            I usually don't spend this much time online....  but doing home work and need momentary distractions to cool off my fried brain!

            One thing I became aware of while living in Louisiana,  the English language is used incorrectly more times than not.  Depending on location, the slag can be very different.  Here in Yankee territory we say,  "you guys"  which can mean women too.  We also use the word *whom frequently*.   Maybe not correct,  just how we do it here in my neck of the woods.  One of these days my incorrect grammar habits, spelling etc is going to kick my but in school!  I won't get my degree because of it.  LOL

            I have often ponder why when I was an eckist,   I would stuff my feelings, emotions, opinions, likes and dislikes.    One of my goals when I *got out*  of eckankar  was to learn to speak up and say NO, or how I feel.  If something makes me uncomfortable, I'm not going to allow it to fester.  I will speak up, but attempt to do so in a decent manner first.   I especially do not appreciate someone assuming I will do something just because it is more convenient for me or my husband to do so because we live closer to *whom* ever.....    Why stuff the anger or emotion and make myself ill, when I can be honest and feel all the better for it?  I try to listen to how my body reacts, then respond without making myself feel guilty.

            I found the eckist behavior interesting,  during my rock throwing party giving by my friend Steve Unfelt (spelled incorrect purposely).  Righteous anger is okay by eckankar dogma, if it is in the name of the eck and the mahanat!   Swordsmen for the sugmad....

            Liz

          • ewickings@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
              In a message dated 9/13/2005 1:45:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ewickings@... writes:
              Depending on location, the slag can be very different.
              What the heck,  what a typo   ;-)  It was suppose to say

              Slang....    see what I mean!  My brain is fried!

              BTW  yes I do think my father-in-law still comes around.  He quit smoking 40 years before he passed.  So I wonder if he has a fag every now and then since being on the other side?  (His slang for a cigarette was fag)
            • jjamie1977
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
                wrote:
> [...]
                asleep. We
                > even shut down the computer at night thinking maybe it was one of
                the sounds
                > it makes when doing a system scheduled activity..... nope!
                >

                > By the way, last night I read that Mettahu was in a pre-
                organizing
                > meeting for the EWW Seminar and that Peter S. said that Eckankar
                did
                > donate to the Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund, but he didn't name
                > the sum of the money donated. Hmmm . . . wonder what they
                considered
                > generous? Well, who really cares! LOL!
                >
                > Mish
                >
                > **** Well what a surprise! If they are going to start doing
                that, I
                > wonder what pressured them? Aren't the relief groups like Red
                Cross and others
                > suppose to list the groups that donate and how much?

                when my nephew was a little guy, about 5 years old, he would talk to
                someone that no one else could see. the child was not acting or
                pretending, but seriously interacting with someone. he could even
                describe the guy. we thought it was funny at first, but soon became
                really spooked by it. this went on for about a year....my nephew is
                now 17, and he can still describe the man he talked to. he assumed
                we could all see him. he never thought of the guy as a ghost. - ive
                heard similar stories from other people about their children. my
                jury is out concernig ghosts, spirits, etc. but it does seem that
                children have access to realms that we adults do not. maybe theyre
                naturally clairvoyant.

                jamie...
              • jjamie1977
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
                  wrote:
                  > In a message dated 9/13/2005 1:11:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  > ctecvie@y... writes:
                  >
                  > >By the way, I had to laugh when reading the archives on huchat
                  about
                  > Grace telling this ex-member that she never liked the way this
                  > person used "whom" (I think it was whom) all over the wrong
                  places
                  > and how happy she was to get it off her chest! LOL! Shows that
                  > Eckists are human beings like all other people as well, and
                  > sometimes very infantile, too! :-))
                  >

                  > Hi Ingrid, everyone,
                  > I usually don't spend this much time online.... but doing home
                  work and
                  > need momentary distractions to cool off my fried brain!
                  >
                  > One thing I became aware of while living in Louisiana, the
                  English language
                  > is used incorrectly more times than not. Depending on location,
                  the slag
                  > can be very different. Here in Yankee territory we say, "you
                  guys" which can
                  > mean women too. We also use the word *whom frequently*. Maybe
                  not
                  > correct, just how we do it here in my neck of the woods. One of
                  these days my
                  > incorrect grammar habits, spelling etc is going to kick my but in
                  school! I
                  > won't get my degree because of it. LOL
                  >
                  > I have often ponder why when I was an eckist, I would stuff my
                  feelings,
                  > emotions, opinions, likes and dislikes. One of my goals when I
                  *got out*
                  > of eckankar was to learn to speak up and say NO, or how I feel.
                  If
                  > something makes me uncomfortable, I'm not going to allow it to
                  fester. I will speak
                  > up, but attempt to do so in a decent manner first. I especially
                  do not
                  > appreciate someone assuming I will do something just because it
                  is more
                  > convenient for me or my husband to do so because we live closer
                  to *whom* ever.....
                  > Why stuff the anger or emotion and make myself ill, when I can be
                  honest and
                  > feel all the better for it? I try to listen to how my body
                  reacts, then
                  > respond without making myself feel guilty.
                  >
                  > I found the eckist behavior interesting, during my rock throwing
                  party
                  > giving by my friend Steve Unfelt (spelled incorrect purposely).
                  Righteous anger
                  > is okay by eckankar dogma, if it is in the name of the eck and
                  the mahanat!
                  > Swordsmen for the sugmad....
                  >
                  > Liz
                  u know, it has taken me so long, so many years to learn to listen to
                  my body. i wish it was somethign id known long ago.

                  jamie...
                  -------------------------------
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Hi, Liz!

                    Well, it could possibly be that you father-in-law is hanging around.
                    I usually have my connections with dead people in my dreams which
                    are very vivid and real. Actually, some are precognizant, but others
                    are after the person's passing which helps me to either stay
                    connected for a while longer or bid farewell in a more personal way.
                    When I was a young child my aunt's mother was confined to her bed
                    due to a crippling illness. I spent a lot of time with them. At
                    night time, when the older lady would be falling asleep, we could
                    hear her talking in her room in the dark. My aunt said that she was
                    speaking to dead relatives: her mother and father, her husband and a
                    sister, usually. She would be crying out to them at times. I
                    remember many times walking quietly to her bedroom door and peering
                    in to see those spirits who seemed to surround her bed at night to
                    comfort her. I was always disappointed that I couldn't see them, but
                    I didn't disbelieve that they were visible to this dear older lady.
                    Years later when she finally died, I was comforted myself to think
                    that she was once again with her loved ones whereever that would be!

                    I also have a friend in England who told me the story of her mother
                    dying when she was still a teenager. Her mother would have
                    discussions with an invisible little girl she called Penny. My
                    friend Sylvia could not see this child herself, but her mother
                    vividly described her. Later, Sylvia had a daughter and named her
                    Penny, forgetting at the time the "imaginary" Penny her mother spoke
                    to. When Penny was very young, though, a child of three or four, she
                    would speak to an "imaginary" old woman she knew to be her
                    grandmother. It would seem that even though these two individuals,
                    the grandmother and granddaughter, would not be able to meet in the
                    physical in this lifetime that they transcended time and space to
                    know one another for a time--just before the grandmother died and
                    once again for a while during Penny's early years.

                    It could be that your father-in-law or whoever your ghost is doesn't
                    realize that he has passed on. I had a dream in which I had to
                    explain to my late husband that he had died and that he needed to
                    move on. He had had such a strong desire to live and well . . . I
                    guess he needed to hear it from me. There is also a dream that he
                    had prior to dying that he shared with me in which the Angel of
                    Death came for him, but I will share that at another time, perhaps.
                    I have heard other such stories, and while some people may not
                    believe how "real" these dreams are, I do think they serve a certain
                    purpose, especially to the dreamer and possibly to the one being
                    dreamed as well! : )

                    Needless to say, I enjoyed your story--it is fascinating. I didn't
                    realize there was a book available that the "Medium" series is based
                    on, but I think I will take a look at it. It is a great show. I also
                    enjoy "Joan of Arcadia."

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Hi All,
                      Interesting stuff!

                      > > ctecvie writes:
                      By the way, I had to laugh when reading the archives on huchat
                      about Grace telling this ex-member that she never liked the way
                      this person used "whom" (I think it was whom) all over the wrong
                      places and how happy she was to get it off her chest! LOL! Shows
                      that Eckists are human beings like all other people as well, and
                      sometimes very infantile, too! :-))

                      ***I always found the Chela-Chat or HU-Chat posters to be so phoney
                      and nicey-nice by saying "With ECK Love" after Not being TRUE or
                      KIND and after making UNNECESSARY or UNLOVING comments.

                      Liz writes:
                      > > I found the eckist behavior interesting, during my rock
                      throwing party giving by my friend Steve Unfelt (spelled incorrect
                      purposely). Righteous anger is okay by eckankar dogma, if it is in
                      the name of the eck and the mahanat!

                      ***Yes, good old Steve R. is a piece of work! He's such a
                      hypocrite... just like Klemp! As above so below! He likes to
                      interject his opinion and make judgements while quoting the
                      Klempster or the Shariyat and yet this is typical of those Eckists
                      who seldom look into the mirror.

                      Prometheus
                    • ctecvie
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005
                        Hello Prometheus,

                        > ***I always found the Chela-Chat or HU-Chat posters to be so
                        >phoney
                        > and nicey-nice by saying "With ECK Love" after Not being TRUE or
                        > KIND and after making UNNECESSARY or UNLOVING comments.

                        This is very common with Eckists because it is not allowed to
                        express anger or any other of the "5 passions" openly. So they have
                        to revert to hidden anger, and they don't know that this shows
                        anyway, no matter how hard they try to hide it! It's better to have
                        a beef with somebody and then let the matter rest instead of having
                        bad emotions festering in the subconscious. Other than that, I'm
                        surprised about the openness of huchat. This wouldn't be possible in
                        my area! Eckists don't talk about politics or the media here, or if
                        they do, they go back to "safer" topics after a very short while.
                        Very often the arahata or the person in charge of a discussion group
                        admonishes the chelas to not discuss those "negative" matters.

                        > ***Yes, good old Steve R. is a piece of work! He's such a
                        > hypocrite... just like Klemp! As above so below! He likes to
                        > interject his opinion and make judgements while quoting the
                        > Klempster or the Shariyat and yet this is typical of those Eckists
                        > who seldom look into the mirror.

                        I met Steven R. personally as well, I think it was at the WW 99, and
                        shook his hand! :-)

                        While talking about seminars, the spiritual skills seminar in
                        Washington in 2003 comes to my mind. My husband displayed some of
                        his photos in the arts gallery there. He gave one of them to Stan
                        Burgess, the art coordinator, as a gift. Later, they wanted to use
                        it as official Eckankar photo, but my husband didn't accept because
                        they did not only want the copyright but also wanted him to refrain
                        from displaying it at photo competitions or on his own website! This
                        was a bit too much! I really "wonder" why they are so rigid about
                        their copyrights when their founder copied quite freely without
                        mentioning the sources! :-)

                        Ingrid
                      • ewickings@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005
                          In a message dated 9/14/2005 1:48:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ctecvie@... writes:
                          I met Steven R. personally as well, I think it was at the WW 99, and
                          shook his hand! :-)
                          Hi Ingrid,

                          I am wondering if I have met you?  I attended the 99 WW and hung out with Steve.  They always manage to set up a meeting place for online chatters such as chlea chat and hu-chat etc.....  do you recall meeting a lady that looked like Cher the singer only younger?   LOL   My hair was my signature to most eckist,  very dark and down to my butt!

                          This group ESA feels like a comfortable place at times, when I just need that interaction still and not looking for a religion.  :-D  Does anyone know what I mean?

                          Liz

                          PS/  I would post my *Long hair days* picture here, but feel a little unsure because of the Anonymousness of it all.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005
                            Hi Ingrid,
                            On another note... another expensive Eck seminar is coming up. I
                            wonder if they will have all of that same security and the searches?
                            What does Klemp have to fear? It wasn't necessary prior to 9/11 so
                            do they fear terrorists?

                            ctecvie wrote:
                            > Hello Prometheus,

                            prometheus:
                            > > ***I always found the Chela-Chat or HU-Chat posters to be so
                            phoney and nicey-nice by saying "With ECK Love" after Not being TRUE
                            or KIND and after making UNNECESSARY or UNLOVING comments.

                            > This is very common with Eckists because it is not allowed to
                            express anger or any other of the "5 passions" openly. So they have
                            to revert to hidden anger, and they don't know that this shows
                            anyway, no matter how hard they try to hide it! It's better to have
                            a beef with somebody and then let the matter rest instead of having
                            bad emotions festering in the subconscious. Other than that, I'm
                            surprised about the openness of huchat. This wouldn't be possible in
                            my area! Eckists don't talk about politics or the media here, or if
                            they do, they go back to "safer" topics after a very short while.
                            Very often the arahata or the person in charge of a discussion group
                            admonishes the chelas to not discuss those "negative" matters.

                            ***I used to post there when I was an Eckist, but the people there
                            were very critical, and one has to watch what is said. One can be
                            identified and say the wrong thing and be reported to your RESA or
                            to the ESC. That's Not good if you want that nod for the next
                            initiation, and remain in the "fast track" time frame. I've seen
                            people really bummed out when others (less deserving) get that
                            initiation with less time and before them.

                            > > ***Yes, good old Steve R. is a piece of work! He's such a
                            hypocrite... just like Klemp! As above so below! He likes to
                            interject his opinion and make judgements while quoting the
                            Klempster or the Shariyat and yet this is typical of those Eckists
                            who seldom look into the mirror.

                            > I met Steven R. personally as well, I think it was at the WW 99,
                            and shook his hand! :-)

                            ***I met him once when he came up to a group of us standing outside
                            of a meeting room and was introduced to me and a couple of my
                            friends... maybe it was the '99 World Wide? He seemed nice enough at
                            the time until I read some of his conservations online with David
                            Lane!

                            > While talking about seminars, the spiritual skills seminar in
                            Washington in 2003 comes to my mind. My husband displayed some of
                            his photos in the arts gallery there. He gave one of them to Stan
                            Burgess, the art coordinator, as a gift. Later, they wanted to use
                            it as official Eckankar photo, but my husband didn't accept because
                            they did not only want the copyright but also wanted him to refrain
                            from displaying it at photo competitions or on his own website! This
                            was a bit too much! I really "wonder" why they are so rigid about
                            their copyrights when their founder copied quite freely without
                            mentioning the sources! :-)

                            ***Ah yes, I know Stan! I could say more but won't.

                            ***True, Eckankar is all business and I'm sure that Doug K. was also
                            involved with the legal issues of copyright. "Iron Clad" should be
                            put in the next edition of the Lexicon!

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005
                              Hi Liz,
                              I don't mind you posting a picture... go for it if you want.

                              Prometheus

                              ewickings:
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005

                                wrote:

                                > I am wondering if I have met you? I attended the 99 WW and hung
                                >out with
                                > Steve.

                                Could be! My husband was the internet coordinator for the regional
                                Eckankar organization for many years. That's why he knew Steve. My
                                husband said we met him practically at every major seminar we
                                attended, such as the WW 99, the springtime seminar in Montreal in
                                2000, and in Washington 2003.

                                >They always manage to set up a meeting place for online chatters
                                >such
                                > as chlea chat and hu-chat etc..... do you recall meeting a lady
                                >that looked
                                > like Cher the singer only younger? LOL My hair was my
                                >signature to most
                                > eckist, very dark and down to my butt!

                                Could be ... but I'm not sure!

                                > This group ESA feels like a comfortable place at times, when I
                                >just need
                                > that interaction still and not looking for a religion. :-D Does
                                anyone know
                                > what I mean?

                                Yes, I do, and that's why I like ESA such a lot, too! :-)

                                > Liz
                                >
                                > PS/ I would post my *Long hair days* picture here, but feel a
                                >little unsure
                                > because of the Anonymousness of it all.

                                You could send it privately to me if you want - and I can send you
                                one, too! :-)

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 15, 2005
                                  Ingrid wrote:
                                  > While talking about seminars, the spiritual skills seminar in
                                  > Washington in 2003 comes to my mind. My husband displayed some of
                                  > his photos in the arts gallery there. He gave one of them to Stan
                                  > Burgess, the art coordinator, as a gift. Later, they wanted to use
                                  > it as official Eckankar photo, but my husband didn't accept
                                  because
                                  > they did not only want the copyright but also wanted him to
                                  refrain
                                  > from displaying it at photo competitions or on his own website!
                                  This
                                  > was a bit too much! I really "wonder" why they are so rigid about
                                  > their copyrights when their founder copied quite freely without
                                  > mentioning the sources! :-)

                                  I think they (Eckankar) might be afraid of being accused of
                                  stealing, or something like that! <wink> LOL! Must be a phobia they
                                  have, and they're worried about their image! It probably has its
                                  roots in the beginning of the teachings! I'm sure that HK has
                                  thought this outvery carefully. Maybe Richard Mayberry has given him
                                  advice! : )

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 15, 2005
                                    Hi Mish,
                                    Yes, I've heard of good old Richard Maybury! Didn't he write "The
                                    Prairie Home Companion" or something like that? ;-)) LOL!

                                    Prometheus