Re: Darwin

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
      Zoey,

      I joined in 1979 when Darwin was in his last 4-5 years in Eckankar (if my calculations are correct). So I was there in 1981 when Darwin appointed Klemp as the new LEM, but Darwin hung around to handle the money part of things. And I was there in 1983 when Klemp kicked Darwin out. The best place to read about this is probably in Ford Johnson's book because Ford was very high up in Eckankar's structure at the time.

      When Darwin was kicked out, Klemp was talking a lot about how "You follow the Mahanta, not the personality," meaning that the Eck membership should be following the inner master, in other words, Klemp. The founder of Eckankar, Paul Twitchell emphasized this many times in his talks, that you don't follow the personality, even commenting humorously "I actually don't have very much personality."

      I heard from someone, I don't remember who, that when Darwin got kicked out, a third of Eckankar's members left. Many of them followed Darwin, but I'm sure many did not.

      Darwin is generally credited with building Eckankar's membership roles up. For one thing, he was a lot more charismatic that Klemp, although it was a quiet charisma, not flamboyant like a fundamentalist preacher or something like that.

      But sometime over the past ten years or more, Eckankar has been turned into a "worship Harold Klemp cult." I have listed some of my evidence below:

      1. The secret publications are full of color group photos of 20 to 80 Eckists and there is always a photo of Klemp in front of the first row, many times it is a very large photo about 2.5 feet high. This is done to encourage people to worship Klemp. It is not rare to see four or five of these photos in one small bulletin which is sent out to Eckankar's members.
      2. The Eck centers in 1979-1983 had a small table with some flowers and a small (8x10?) photo of the LEM (Darwin or Klemp). It was much the same that you would see at a Transcendental Meditation meeting back then. Now the Eck centers have a huge photo of Klemp high up on the wall with Klemp staring down at everybody. Obviously, this is meant as a power trip to place Klemp way above everybody else. In my opinion, this encourages people to worship Klemp.
      3. In the secret writings, Klemp states that members should love him (must love him?) and if they don't then they will be held back spiritually. In my opinion, this is another example of Klemp using his big ego to control his followers.

      Please note that I already discussed numbers 1 through 3 in a post or posts from Dec 2008 to early 2009 when I first left Eckankar. But I would like to add a number 4 here.

      4. One day in my last month or two as a member of Eckankar, I was st the local Eck center, and I mentioned in a roundabout way that Klemp wasn't always going to be here, and that people shouldn't be placing so much attention on him. Boy! People looked at me like they thought I was a complete nut case! I made the statement because I was thinking about the large number of members who left Eckankar when Darwin was kicked out. And I was thinking that when Klemp died, I was seeing the loss of members as being potentially much worse.

      Jonathan

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
        I can remember Klemp chastising a woman
        for adoringly addressing him with a question
        at a mid-1980's Spiritual Laws Seminar Q & A
        session in Toronto. The way in which he derided
        her was cruel hearted and lacked compassion.
        The lady was both embarrassed and crushed.
        But, Klemp made his point to those present
        that he was not to be worshipped. That all
        changed in the '90s!

        Klemp said in his 1983 tape, for H.I.s,
        that Darwin was a Black Magician and
        that looking at his picture or reading
        his words could influence ECKists psychically.
        This was the cue for us to purge the EK
        Centers of all of Darwin's pictures and
        books... and we did! But, why don't Klemp's
        books and pictures have a Lower Plane
        psychic influence as well? They do!

        And, look at Klemp's "Official Picture."
        It's 10 years old! This proves that Klemp
        is Vain, and Vanity is of the Astral Plane.
        Thus, Klemp is a trickster too and a Black
        Magician and a KAL agent!

        Yes, Klemp didn't like being the second
        banana on stage with Darwin. It seemed
        nice while it lasted... two EK Masters working
        together in harmony and for the good of
        all, or so we thought at the time.

        Also, Klemp likes to talk in third person
        when he too (as Twit did) speaks or writes
        of the Mahanta (himself) and all that the
        Mahanta is and can do. In his Autobiography
        Klemp points out (pg. 385) that the "God"
        all religions "worship" (except Eckankar)
        is just a 2nd or 4th Plane God (the KAL,
        i.e. Satan, Devil) while the Mahanta (Klemp)
        is of the 14th Plane.

        Why is Klemp so surprised that Eckists
        worship him (the Mahanta)? Actually this
        was Klemp's plan, not early on, but later.
        After all, the ECK Worship Services are
        designed around the "worship" of the ECK/
        Mahanta (Klemp). That's another thing!
        Klemp has even stated that he, the
        Mahanta, is the ECK and/or is "one" with
        the ECK (Holy Spirit). Thus, Klemp did
        a 180 degree turn around from that little
        speech he gave at that Spiritual Laws
        Seminar, around 1984-85, in Toronto.
        The only thing that's remained the same
        is HK's mean spirited two-faced nature.

        That reminds me of Klemp not attending
        his father's funeral. Klemp's father died one
        month after Twitchell on Oct. 17, 1971.

        Klemp claimed, later, that he had a dream
        with PT naming him the LEM. Therefore he
        wanted to attend the 1971 Worldwide seminar
        and take his rightful place on the EK throne.
        That really wasn't the case however. That was
        just a story he made up later after the fact
        of lying in wait and becoming the LEM. This
        story was given in order for Klemp to have
        some validity via Twitchell. Funny that Gail
        had the same idea in regards to Darwin, or
        did Klemp just copy her? Anyway, Harry
        gave this, too, as an excuse to justify attending
        the 1971 EK Worldwide Seminar instead
        of his father's funeral.

        However, Klemp added another, Christian/
        Jesus, element to his excuse as well. HK
        quoted what Jesus, supposedly, said
        according to Luke 9:59-62 and Matthew
        8:22 (18-23): "Let the dead bury the dead."
        This was in regard to Harold's family. This
        included his mother, two brothers and sister
        (among others) that Harold was referring
        to.

        HK's whole family supported him (with love)
        and financed his stay at the all boys Lutheran
        high school and seminary. Harry, even then,
        was an angry and cold hearted social misfit
        with psychological issues. He saw his father
        and mother and others as being "spiritually
        dead." What's really bad, and sad for EKists,
        is that Klemp never changed his opinion or
        position of what he said and did back in Oct.
        1971. Even today, as the Mahanta, he justifies
        what he did with "Let the dead bury the dead"
        quote that he used to explain his actions.
        Of course, there's that so-called "dream,"
        with PT, he had as well.

        Prometheus

        <prometheus_973@> wrote:

        > > Hello Zoey and All,
        > > Yes, many ECKists followed Darwin
        > > and left Eckankar with him. Most
        > > Satsangs were devastated due to
        > > the schism. It took many years for
        > > Eckankar to recover and Klemp used
        > > this to his benefit to do his personalized
        > > reconstruction of the church.
        > >

        > > zoey wrote:
        > >
        > > I wasn't associated with eckankar for very long, but I did make it my
        business
        > > to learn a good deal about its history. And I always assumed that all the
        > > eckists 'shunned' Darwin when Klemp ousted him. But I have recently met a
        guy
        > > who left with Darwin, and still, to this day, considers Darwin to be his
        > > 'Master'.
        > >
        > > Do you think there was a lot of this? I mean, a lot of people who followed
        > > Darwin out? Somehow, this amazes me.
        > >
        > > zoey

      • avonblue1212
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
          I think Klemp's newest photos are very interesting and revealing of where this path is going. First there's the "cloud photo" Klemp smiling and poking his head thru a sunburst cloud in the sky. Implies to me that he's above all - god himself. Then there is the 'family shot'; Klemp and Joan together. What are new chelas to think of this? Is Joan an LEM also? Or is this a lead in to this possibly happening?

          AB

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
            Hello Avonblue and All,
            The "cloud photo" of Klemp is representative
            of the "Sky God" or "Our Father in Heaven."
            Klemp has been undermining the original
            (borrowed/compiled) teachings of Twitchell
            for years and years by reinventing Eckankar
            and making it into a more Christian/Lutheran
            version.

            BTW-Klemp even favors the King James
            version of the Christian Bible which (according
            to theologians) is the most inaccurate version
            published. King James is the version that the
            angry, ignorant fundamentalists (hypocritical,
            doom & gloom Bible thumpers) choose to use.
            Apparently it was the version they used in the
            Lutheran Seminary Klemp attended.

            No, Joan's not a LEM and never will be! However,
            Klemp was setting her up to become a 12th
            initiate (ECK Master) in his book "Those Wonderful
            ECK Masters," but it was Mish that exposed
            his lame plan. Thus, Klemp (temporarily) put
            the brakes on announcing Joan's promotion
            after seeing his plan exposed on this site.
            Like I said, No Female can become the LEM
            due to PT's "science" of a negative atom/battery
            theory, but females could become 12th Initiates
            (ECK Masters). Not all 12ths are LEMs since
            they have to be invited into the (imaginary)
            Vairagi Order. The truth is that the religious
            leader or head of the "church" can do what he
            wants. Klemp (as PT did) makes and changes
            the rules (dogma) as he sees fit. ECKists will
            go along with whatever excuse/ekplanation
            that he dreams up!

            A couple of Worldwide's ago Klemp had
            scheduled Joan to be on stage with him
            in order to announce her promotion to
            the 12th (ECK Master status), but he changed
            his mind in the last minute after she muffed
            "The Little HU Song" or whatever it was called.
            This annoyed Klemp. How could an EK Master
            (a 12th initiate) muff such a simple song?
            Thus, Klemp withheld the promotion and,
            instead, made fun of Joan and embarrassed
            her. He said: sometimes I have to tell her
            to close her mouth when she's talking
            too much! [I didn't put it in quotes since
            I'm not certain if those were his exact words,
            but I think they were]

            Anyway, I'm surprised that every ECKist just
            sat there and took the insult as something
            acceptable for "the Mahanta" to say. Maybe
            some discussed it later, or just said "Wow!"
            This is just more proof that Klemp is Not what
            he claims to be and that he's two-faced. No
            real "Master" would do such a thing. However,
            just imagine the insults he uses toward Joan
            behind closed doors! Sadly, for most ECKists,
            it's "the only game in town" so they put up
            with it and turn a blind-eye and deaf-ear to
            the Truth. Instead, Eckists go with the same
            religious B.S. explanations involving "belief"
            that they had heard prior to Eckankar.

            It's amazing that Eckists perspectives of
            "religion," over the years, hasn't really changed
            for the better. Critical thinking for these Eckists
            has either become clouded or nonexistent.
            They can't see the negative correlations with
            their own religion, Eckankar, and other religions.
            They've been tricked, again, for another lifetime!
            In some ways this can be seen as a "test" and
            that's true... it is! Still, I hate to see those that
            I helped to recruit into Eckankar being fooled
            by someone like Klemp.

            Prometheus