EK initiations, second guessing and "love" baby!

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
      Hello Zoey,
      I can understand the confusion. Klemp
      likes to keep his flock off-balance and
      second guessing. Initiations more mental
      than anything via the imagination except
      for one's physical membership card with
      the number of one's plane of con. Oh, there
      are also those physical "pink slips" too.

      Basically, 1-9 are inner and outer,
      10-11 are inner, 12 is inner and outer,
      and 13-14 are inner.

      [1-9]
      In The Masters 4 Discourse, Lesson 2
      is the following:

      "Third, the final part of the Ninth
      Initiation occurs in the physical
      world."

      [12th]
      In Klemp's 1998 ECK Lexicon is this
      on page 226:

      "Voice of Akivasha. The oracle, until
      the first of this century, at a craggy,
      unexplored site called the Oracle of
      Tirmer in the Valley of Shangta in
      northern Tibet. It is here that the
      Rod of ECK Power is passed from
      the departing LEM to his successor
      on October 22 [Twitchell's Birthday],
      at midnight; sometimes called the
      Voice, or Oracle, of Tirmer."

      It should be noted that this is a
      physical, earthly, and "outer" location,
      although, it might be claimed that
      one travels there in the Astral Body
      which resembles one's physical body.
      This is why there are paintings and
      drawings of these people. Any body
      higher than the Astral would not
      otherwise have the same identifiable
      (physical) characteristics.

      It should be noted that in Klemp's
      1987 book, "Soul Travelers of the
      Far Country" on pages 186-187 that
      Klemp states:

      "The Ninth Initiation came on July 22,
      1981. Initiations in ECK beyond the
      Eighth are given ONLY on the inner
      planes."

      Of course, Darwin had to confirm
      HK's 9th on the outer. It seems that
      the 10th and 11th are minor initiations
      since Klemp achieved these between
      July 22, 1981 and October 22, 1981!

      Of course Klemp had to backtrack
      for the Masters 4 Discourse because
      how can one anoint card carrying
      9ths without an "outer" confirmation
      "final" stage?

      Else wise, everyone would be
      running around claiming to be
      a 9ths. It's bad enough that 7ths
      are claiming to be 8ths (on the inner),
      or that 8ths are claiming to be 9ths
      on the inner or that some Eckists
      skip initiations and, thus, there
      are 5ths claiming to be 8ths
      (on the inner).

      I hope that this info and perspective
      has helped to clarify the nonsense
      behind ECK Initiations.

      BTW- It seems that Eckists don't
      really need the Initiations, EK Books
      and Membership Cards, or Zoas,
      or Guidelines, Discourses, or Laws
      or Donations of Coin and Service...
      all they need is love!

      There is a Klemp quote in the
      Jan. 2010 "Letter of Light" that
      states:

      "Love is love. And this is what
      the ECK teachings are all about.
      Purely love, and just love. Simply
      love."

      Yep! All you need is love! Very
      simple and yet so profound!
      Say, wasn't that Jesus' message
      2000 years ago?!

      Prometheus

      zoey wrote:
      initiations

      Hey prometheus. Some time back there was
      a discussion here concerning eckankar
      initiations, inner and outer. If you can remember,
      can you tell me which initiations are considered
      entirely inner, and which are required to also
      have an outer initiation with an eck clergy?

      My friend and I are curious about this.

      Thanks, zoey
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
        Prometheus,

        I'm going to add a few "facts" from my personal experience in the 1980-1983 time frame to the discussion.

        In your post just before the one I am responding to, you stated that "[Darwin] Gross promoted 1000 Eckists to the 5th!" And then you followed it up with "Ooops! I think that was 500 (not 1000) to the 5th, and around 1983 just before being kicked out by Klemp!"

        I joined Eckanakar around 1979 so I got in on the last few years of Darwin Gross' time as the LEM. I believe it was around 1980/1981 that a member of Eckankar, B.S., told me that he was promoted directly from 3rd initiate to 5th initiate. In other words, he skipped his 4th initiation. This may have occurred later, in the 1983 time frame, I really can't be certain, but this "3 to 5 initiation" was definitely done by Darwin.

        Also, I heard about one other person who went from 3rd to 5th. The really interesting thing is that I believe that both of these people had been in Eckankar for less than 10 years. Eckankar started in 1965, so 15-18 years was the absolute maximum time the person who spoke to me was in Eckankar. Plus, he never spoke about Paul Twitchell, and I'm very certain he joined Eckankar after Twitchell's death, making his maximum time in Eckankar about 10-13 years since Darwin started in 1971. I honestly think that 7 to 8 years is a better estimate of the time he was a member of Eckankar. He was only about 25 to 30 years old.

        By the way, regarding the person, B.S., who personally told me about skipping his 4th initiation. I asked him how that happened. He gave me an explanation, but I don't remember what it was. I believe it had something to do with the fact that he progressed spiritually so fast, he didn't need to "pause" at the fourth. But he wasn't arrogant so he probably said something like "the ECK need to progress people really fast."

        It has been mentioned in other posts on this message board that things are a lot different now, with many members of Eckankar going almost 30 years without receiving their 5th initiation.

        Years later, I did hear from a higher HI that Darwin gave a lot of initiations out to people who didn't really deserve them. Of course, during the time when Darwin was the LEM, whatever he did or didn't do was 100% accepted by Eckankar's membership, but after he was kicked out, everything Darwin did or didn't do was automatically suspect if not completely wrong.

        Jonathan
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
          Hello Jonathan,
          Klemp never did explain "when" Darwin
          fell from Grace. Was it prior to Oct. 22,
          1981? If so when? It was Klemp's idea
          to meet in the Sound Proof Dark Room
          (Golden-Tongued Wisdom, no ECK!) at
          the ESC to discuss the transition and being
          made the LEM.

          Klemp mentioned, after the fact, when
          he booted Darwin that DG had promoted
          500 to the 5th initiation before their time.
          Actually, if Darwin really was a Black Magician,
          as HK had claimed when DG promoted these
          people, that would indicate that these chelas
          had been initiated into the Black Arts versus
          Eckankar! Nobody ever viewed this or spoke
          of it from that perspective!

          I knew a person who got the 4th and
          then a few months later got the 5th from
          DG. Years later Klemp made this person
          a RESA. However, I had heard that people
          had skipped initiations and this was years
          prior to Darwin's fall. One person who posted
          here on ESA recently, Colleen Russell, made
          it to the 7th in 10 years or less. For some
          reason Klemp sees those promotions as
          necessary and okay but not Darwin's 1983
          promotions. Look at the promotions that
          Klemp got from Darwin! HK's selfish and
          doesn't want anyone else near his rank.

          I knew of one Eckist who got on the wrong
          side of his Klemp-Kal like RESA and remained
          a 4th for 25 years! Currently there are around
          5,000 7th initiates who have been locked into
          that initiation for 20-25 years! Why? Because
          Klemp is mean-spirited and doesn't want to
          share the "wealth."

          Over the years Klemp has made it more
          difficult for H.I.s to advance in initiation
          rank due to the hoops he has them jumping
          through. It's like a circus and he's the ring-
          master! The training requirements, as well as,
          Vahana/Service requirements and holding
          local positions to be noticed makes it difficult
          to advance when one has to play KAL-like
          games and "act as if" in order to get that
          outer pink slip. One cannot receive promotions
          (initiations) by being an ECK Monk. Klemp
          needs his servants/promoters/salespeople.
          There is no room for the purely spiritual seeker!

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
            Prometheus,

            Thanks for your reply. You said "I had heard that people had skipped initiations and this was years prior to Darwin's fall." I thought it was about 1980-1981 when this person told me this, but he might have received his 5th years before. So thank you for your verification that you heard about it years before Darwin's fall. He was a very honest person, I don't doubt that he skipped his 4th, just as he told me that he did. After all, if he was going to lie, he probably would have said that it didn't happen in order to cover up the fact. I wanted to mention it just as a way of attempting to preserve the "true history" of Eckankar. I'm not sure why I care about doing that (for them) but I do. I guess I don't want to see them put out their fabricated history of Eckankar where they say "rumors that people in the past skipped imitations are untrue." I could just see that happening. But I still don't know why I care. I guess I believe the world deserves an honest history of Eckankar. And I certainly don't trust them to do it.

            You also said "One person who posted here on ESA recently, Colleen Russell, made it to the 7th in 10 years or less." That is truly amazing, isn't it? It makes my recollection (and interpretation) of the Eckist I spoke to, B.S., making it to the 5th in 7 to 8 years by 1981 all the more believable. But he was definitely doing all the "right stuff," I feel because he really believed in it. A few years later he went to work for the International office.

            You also said "I knew of one Eckist who got on the wrong side of his Klemp-Kal like RESA and remained a 4th for 25 years!" My experience was that I got my 5th on the "29 year mark." But I did take a five year sabbatical. And I wasn't doing any of the right things. I didn't give talks. I put up some posters with some other people one time. I never volunteered at the Eck center. I did volunteer at an Eckankar booth at a health fair one time. I did attend the Worship Services, at times fairly regularly, but I guess that didn't count for very much.

            Also, I thought the initiation were based on my spiritual progress. I thought Klemp was hard at work on the inner, keeping track of me, much like Santa Clause does. So I had no clue that your next initiation was based on doing volunteer work to promote Eckankar.

            So it truly is amazing to see the differences between now and back in the days when Darwin was the LEM. I think you have already mentioned this many times, but I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that Klemp has become more and more paranoid through the years. And so he demands more and more and more through the years before he even trusts any members. I must admit that when you were discussing the difference between Darwin and today's Klemp, I didn't realize how severe the difference was.

            I'd like to change the subject a little bit. In my last year in Eckankar, we had a "guest" at a worship service, which is something that almost never happened. He was very quiet, middle-aged in his 50s I suppose. I thought he wasn't a member of Eckankar. A week or two later I learned that he was a member, had been for about 20 to 30 years (I can't remember the exact number), but he just never attended official Eckankar activities. I was really surprised. The higher HI who gave me the information about him said that there are a lot of members in the local area like this. By the way, he did live about an hour drive from the center.

            So, Prometheus, I would like to ask you two questions since you were active in the functioning of your Eck center. Were you aware of people like this who had zero involvement in the outer functions of Eckankar? And do you think that these people were commonly passed over for initiations?

            Jonathan
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
              Hi Jonathan,
              Okay, I'll give your questions a shot from my
              perspectives as a former H.I. and EK Leader.
              Yes, we had people like this turn up every now
              and then over the decades. Some had years on
              me and yet I'd never seen them before. Others
              were from other parts of the state or had left
              Eckankar and then returned. Some had been
              on a rest period, or were on a rest period and
              didn't know anything "current." Anyone not
              wanting to stick out like a sore thumb just needs
              to quote the Shariyat, or talk about the Mahanta's
              love, or about Surrender and they should fit-in
              as though they had never been gone.

              I'll respond to the questions below--

              Jonathan wrote:
              I'd like to change the subject a little bit. In my last year in Eckankar, we had
              a "guest" at a worship service, which is something that almost never happened.
              He was very quiet, middle-aged in his 50s I suppose. I thought he wasn't a
              member of Eckankar. A week or two later I learned that he was a member, had been
              for about 20 to 30 years (I can't remember the exact number), but he just never
              attended official Eckankar activities. I was really surprised. The higher HI who
              gave me the information about him said that there are a lot of members in the
              local area like this. By the way, he did live about an hour drive from the
              center.

              So, Prometheus, I would like to ask you two
              questions since you were active in the functioning
              of your Eck center.

              1.) Were you aware of people like this who had
              zero involvement in the outer functions of Eckankar?

              P- Yes, at times there I had never met some
              of those on the ESC's membership list. Others
              I knew of. Some only came to the ECK Worship
              Service (EWS) or to Satsang. Sometimes I would
              try to get them to volunteer by finding out what
              they might like to do and then I would have that
              specific coordinator speak to them. It was very
              important to welcome and befriend them and
              make them feel at home and want to join in and
              socialize and to give them a volunteer position
              so that they would feel needed. I then tried to
              get them into Satsang Classes. Of course
              that was another problem because I had to have
              a Satsang Arahata to teach the class. Some EKists
              took the Arahata Training, but still hadn't taught
              a class after two years which, according to the Guidelines,
              meant that they needed to be retrained. Retraining
              was a problem because there needed to be trainers
              available to do the retraining. Everything in Eckankar
              takes forever to accomplish. And, in the end after
              everything is said and done, only a handful of people
              ever join and even fewer renew after the first year.
              Word of mouth or Klemp getting on the radio or
              TV would be best, but Klemp is lazy and a faker
              that can't handle the heat. His main focus is to
              keep ECKists busy and involved and to sell them
              more EK materials ($)... to distribute to the trash
              cans.

              2.) And do you think that these people were commonly
              passed over for initiations?

              P- Well, that depends on who you know as well.
              I had a 4th who finally became a volunteer after
              many years of membership. I gave him an important
              coordinator position. However, he quit the position
              after six months! One promises that they will stay
              in the EK position for one year (ending on Oct.22).
              Apparently he had some pull with some friends of
              the RESA and I was never called about his initiation.
              He soon got his 5th! I would never have approved
              him. His knowledge of the EK teachings were poor
              and he was a poor example for an EK leader. He
              did make an attempt to turn over a "new leaf" but
              it was too little too late. To this day he's still a
              poor excuse for a H.I., but that's good!

              Other people who don't volunteer or attend
              the appropriate training classes for advancement
              will be passed over. Plus, one has to have an
              "active" membership. If you're on a rest period
              then your time-in-grade for advancement is
              frozen. Also, one has to watch out what they
              say, where and when, and to whom they say it.
              Sometimes honestly is not the best policy! If
              you get put on the RESA's Black List and are
              passed over you can be in the toilet for "at least"
              three years or until you prove yourself to the
              Next RESA.

              I've seen it happen where the RESA stepped
              down and people who never had a chance of
              getting promoted finally got promoted! I've
              also seen people move to other states and get
              promoted immediately under a different (nicer)
              RESA. It happens all the time. Attend enough
              seminars and talk to enough EK Leaders and
              you can hear all sorts of "stories" that Klemp
              doesn't want to hear or know about. So much
              for the "All Knowing Mahanta!"

              Yes, I remember back in the mid 80's that
              there were Circles of Initiation Workshops
              and that some H.I.s had to pass at being
              facilitators on certain ones (third & fourth)
              because they either skipped that initiation
              or had been in it for only a few months before
              getting promoted. How can one talk about
              the trials and tribulations of the 4th when
              you skipped it or had been in it for a few
              months?

              Prometheus

            • ctecvie
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
                Hi Jonathan and all,

                my husband knew Bettine Clemen personally. She once told him that either she or some people she knew (I'm not sure) got the 3rd, 4th and 5th initiations in one day - one or two in the morning and the last one(s) in the afternoon!

                At the time they needed a lot of higher initiates as eckankar was still young. Now there are so many HIs that they had to introduce a glass ceiling - I guess that's why initiations are slowed down so much!

                It's all about administration and money, and power of course ... :-))

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
                  Hello Ingrid and All,
                  Yes, I know Bettine Clemen (Ware) too.
                  I didn't know that about ECKists getting
                  several initiations in one day. Was that
                  during Paul's reign, or Darwin's or both?
                  I know that Klemp would never do that...
                  he's too stingy! And, HK's RESA hierarchy
                  can't deal with higher ranking H.I.s
                  residing within their Satsangs. Although,
                  Bob Lawton (Klemp's former body guard)
                  is both an 8th and a RESA. That's the only
                  exception, but it does set a precedent.

                  IMO- The Glass Ceiling for 7ths is unjustified.
                  Why isn't there a more proportionate number
                  of 8ths to 7ths?

                  And, since there ARE a few ECK 9th Initiates
                  lurking around why wouldn't that initiation
                  be the actual Glass Ceiling, thus, allowing
                  at least 500 8th Initiates.

                  Actually, why does Klemp have these Glass
                  Ceilings? It's because he's a narcissist and
                  doen't want to share. He's a two faced
                  hypocrite! He talks about love and compassion,
                  but Not forgiveness! Thus, he has never
                  mentioned Darwin's (972nd LEM) death
                  to the ECK Membership let alone say
                  something nice about the former ECK
                  Master. That was the "test" that Klemp
                  failed. And when he fails a test like that
                  it means that he, too, has fallen from Grace!
                  His attachment to Power keeps him on the
                  throne.

                  Anyway, If Klemp wanted to he could have
                  promoted two or three initiates to the 12th.
                  Not all 12ths have to be LEMs and not all LEMs
                  have to be Mahantas... right? Sure!

                  And, to insure that these 12ths wouldn't
                  threaten his reign HK could have made them
                  all females. In ECKankar females can't become
                  LEM/Mahantas due to law/science/tradition
                  or whatever. Klemp is just an old tired ass
                  selfish, mean spirited and fearful fuddy duddy
                  stuck in the past.

                  Klemp's negative behaviour and lack of
                  compassion towards Darwin, and especially
                  his death, is proof that he is both a hypocrite
                  and a fraud. But, this is human/KAL behaviour
                  typical of all religions and their leaders.

                  Unfortunately, ECKists (the most advanced
                  Souls ever, LOL) have tunnel vision and blinders
                  on. They can only focus upon that carrot (the
                  promise of more initiations leading to God-
                  Realization) as they trot along doing Service,
                  Surrendering, HUing, spending money on EK
                  materials and seminars, taking more training,
                  following the Guidelines and acting "as if" the
                  lies of PT and HK are the ultimate truth. Such
                  is religious belief. It may feel good and give
                  you some hope, peace of mind and security,
                  but it's not Reality or Truth! It's just filler...
                  like Klemp's simple-minded redundant books!

                  In truth, all religions and their dogmas are
                  "tests" for the more "advanced" Souls. When
                  one is able to finally see the correlations and
                  the lies and beyond the "group think" then
                  one is able to see with more clarity and discard
                  all religion. The veils of illusion slowly disappear
                  until one can commune privately, one-to-one,
                  with Divine Spirit.

                  Soul doesn't need a LEM or Mahanta or
                  a Master or a priest, or a Pope to intervene
                  or guide them on the Outer or Inner Planes.
                  Of course, all religions (including Eckankar)
                  cannot tolerate such statements. This is
                  heresy! People are executed, even today,
                  by religionists who claim to love God.
                  But, why does God need to be protected?

                  Thus, those religionists who attack us,
                  and the Truth, are ignorant, fearful,
                  weak-minded followers, and are immature
                  Souls.

                  Prometheus

                  ctecvie wrote:
                  Hi Jonathan and all,

                  my husband knew Bettine Clemen personally.
                  She once told him that either she or some people
                  she knew (I'm not sure) got the 3rd, 4th and 5th
                  initiations in one day - one or two in the morning
                  and the last one(s) in the afternoon!

                  At the time they needed a lot of higher initiates
                  as eckankar was still young. Now there are so
                  many HIs that they had to introduce a glass ceiling -
                  I guess that's why initiations are slowed down
                  so much!

                  It's all about administration and money, and power
                  of course ... :-))

                  Ingrid

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
                    I just remembered something that
                    I heard back in the 80s from a
                    member of Klemp's EK Spiritual Council.
                    This 8th said that Harold needed to
                    make more H.I.s in Europe and that
                    he was making exceptions out of
                    necessity. And, HK had promoted
                    one person (a man), in Eastern Europe,
                    to the 9th. I never knew why this
                    9th initiation thing was/is such a
                    big secret. It's probably because
                    HK doesn't want to build up any
                    more expectations for those higher
                    initiations anymore than he has
                    already. That's why the "imagination"
                    pacifier is pushed onto H.I.s.

                    The only Catch to getting and keeping
                    the 9th lies with that individual Not telling
                    he/she is a 9th! However, this doesn't
                    prevent Klemp from sharing this info
                    with the membership. Twit more than
                    likely started the "no tell" rule because
                    he didn't want others to find out who
                    he had promoted, behind the backs
                    of his Spiritual Council, and be jealous.
                    Gail was probably a 9th as is Joan!

                    However, this "no tell" rule has been
                    expanded. No ECKists are supposed
                    to discuss (gossip about) the Ninth
                    Initiation openly.This is one reason
                    Klemp put this into the Masters 4 Discourse.
                    He got the speculation about the 9th
                    out of the way and at the same time
                    prevented any discussion of the matter
                    outside of The Master's 4 Satsang Class.
                    No ECKists are to discuss their discourses
                    outside of their Satsang Class! Plus,
                    Klemp has eliminated any other discussion,
                    second guessing, or questions and
                    speculation by referring to such as "gossip."
                    If any ECKist is reported for "gossiping"
                    any future initiations will be put on
                    hold. This is a fact that most long-time
                    H.I.s are well aware of. This is just another
                    fear tactic that Klemp uses to control his
                    flock and to keep them on task and sell
                    Eckankar! if Klemp had any true powers
                    or divine insight he wouldn't need his
                    spies, or the RESA police, or "stories"
                    mailed to him for use in his talks, books,
                    and EK publications.

                    jonathanjohns wrote:

                    > Prometheus,
                    >
                    > I'm going to add a few "facts" from my personal experience in the 1980-1983
                    time frame to the discussion.

                    > In your post just before the one I am responding to, you stated that "[Darwin]
                    Gross promoted 1000 Eckists to the 5th!" And then you followed it up with
                    "Ooops! I think that was 500 (not 1000) to the 5th, and around 1983 just before
                    being kicked out by Klemp!"

                    > I joined Eckanakar around 1979 so I got in on the last few years of Darwin
                    Gross' time as the LEM. I believe it was around 1980/1981 that a member of
                    Eckankar, B.S., told me that he was promoted directly from 3rd initiate to 5th
                    initiate. In other words, he skipped his 4th initiation. This may have occurred
                    later, in the 1983 time frame, I really can't be certain, but this "3 to 5
                    initiation" was definitely done by Darwin.

                    > Also, I heard about one other person who went from 3rd to 5th. The really
                    interesting thing is that I believe that both of these people had been in
                    Eckankar for less than 10 years. Eckankar started in 1965, so 15-18 years was
                    the absolute maximum time the person who spoke to me was in Eckankar. Plus, he
                    never spoke about Paul Twitchell, and I'm very certain he joined Eckankar after
                    Twitchell's death, making his maximum time in Eckankar about 10-13 years since
                    Darwin started in 1971. I honestly think that 7 to 8 years is a better estimate
                    of the time he was a member of Eckankar. He was only about 25 to 30 years old.

                    > By the way, regarding the person, B.S., who personally told me about skipping
                    his 4th initiation. I asked him how that happened. He gave me an explanation,
                    but I don't remember what it was. I believe it had something to do with the fact
                    that he progressed spiritually so fast, he didn't need to "pause" at the fourth.
                    But he wasn't arrogant so he probably said something like "the ECK need to
                    progress people really fast."

                    > It has been mentioned in other posts on this message board that things are a
                    lot different now, with many members of Eckankar going almost 30 years without
                    receiving their 5th initiation.

                    > Years later, I did hear from a higher HI that Darwin gave a lot of initiations
                    out to people who didn't really deserve them. Of course, during the time when
                    Darwin was the LEM, whatever he did or didn't do was 100% accepted by Eckankar's
                    membership, but after he was kicked out, everything Darwin did or didn't do was
                    automatically suspect if not completely wrong.

                    > Jonathan
                  • Ed Kusi
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
                      Hi All,
                      This 3-5th,and even 2-5th happened in Africa too. | personally know five HIs in one country who were jumped from 2nd and 3rd to the 5th Initiation. It happened in Darwin's time and the reasons given were as already mentioned in related posts.

                      Pretujari

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010
                        Hello Ed and All,
                        Now that my memory of this has been
                        refreshed I do recall Klemp mentioning
                        people in Africa being promoted rapidly
                        due to the need for EK Leaders. I had
                        no idea as to how it was being done
                        and that initiations were being skipped!
                        HK would (and still) always say how
                        advanced and natural the Africans' beliefs
                        were. But, from what I've heard, there's
                        a lot of superstition, folk lore, and other
                        beliefs mixed in with the EK teachings.

                        Ed, can you share or elaborate on this?

                        Apparently HK's policy of this skipping
                        of initiations was a sin of omission on
                        Klemp's part. He knew that other EKists
                        wouldn't feel comfortable with this tactic.
                        HK never shared these details with the
                        membership. I guess that the general
                        membership didn't need to know how
                        he was conducting business since he
                        doesn't have to report to anyone for his
                        actions... like the Pope.

                        It just goes to show that the EK Initiations
                        can be manipulated for physical worldly
                        gains... more sales leaders.

                        It is hypocritical of Klemp to bring up
                        the fact that Paul promoted people
                        very rapidly to Higher Initiations due
                        to need when Eckankar was in the
                        early stages. Darwin did the same thing
                        early on and was never criticized for it.
                        When DG's and HK's conflict, in 1983,
                        was coming to a head Darwin promoted
                        500 EKists to the 5th initiation. The
                        problem was really with Klemp's ego.
                        Instead, Klemp made Darwin look like
                        the bad guy on this, too, because of
                        the other things that had taken place.

                        However, as I said before, IF Darwin
                        really was a Black Magician, as the nasty
                        Klempster claimed, that would mean
                        that those 500 EKists DG gave the 5th
                        to had actually been initiated, unknowingly,
                        into the Black Arts. Klemp claimed, at
                        the time, that viewing Darwin's picture
                        or reading his words could have psychic
                        influence over ECKists. Where was Klemp's
                        protection? This is why ECKists don't
                        usually read outside (unapproved) books
                        and info. Klemp has scared them from
                        doing so. But, where's the "protection"
                        from such things? Catch-22 again!

                        Anyway, let's not forget Klemp promoting
                        people in Europe rapidly as well. Plus,
                        after the schism in 1983-1984 Klemp
                        had gaps in EK leadership, due to H.I.s
                        leaving to follow Darwin, and thus
                        promoted his own group of H.I.s as fill-ins.
                        Once again, the promotions (initiations)
                        had nothing to do with Spiritual Growth.

                        Yes, it's interesting to discuss these
                        remembrances and piece together
                        information about the EK Initiations.
                        Klemp's cover-up and omissions on
                        his own policy of skipping initiations
                        is more proof that the initiations aren't
                        what ECKists imagine them to be.
                        The initiations are devalued when
                        the truth about how and why they
                        are manipulated becomes known.

                        Of course, the true blue EKist will
                        deny the truth. They need Eckankar
                        (religion) and will rationalize. They
                        turn a blind-eye to facts and to
                        critical thinking. They want to and
                        need to believe in Eckankar because
                        they don't have a replacement belief.
                        Also, Eckankar is convenient and like
                        all religions it "answers" our questions
                        with dogma that seems to make sense
                        at times. And, the promises (imaginings)
                        and dreams seem better than what other
                        religions seem to teach and offer. But,
                        that never ending "Service/Sales" crap
                        is the real turnoff! Well actually, Klemp
                        promoting his younger looking image
                        in "Tips for ECK Study" and on "The
                        Wisdom Notes" page is a real turn-off!
                        Such vanity!