Re: Are there any Eck songs on YouTube? - Additional comments

  • postekcon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
      Eckankar is modeled an a simple mlm formula, where the affiliate fee [suggested membership donation] is reasonable. But where the real money is made for the org is where the 'affiliate' must purchase and frequently update [always at personal expense] all the promotional materials. However, with eckankar.org, the affiliate is doubly tricked into the purchase of all these extraneous materials for promotion purposes, for it is suggested to them this constitutes their 'service' to spirit!
      -Postekcon

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2010
        Hello Postekcon and All,
        Yes, Eckankar does make most of its
        money from material sales while promoting
        service as a "spiritual reward." There's the
        catch. If an EKist seeks rewards then he/she
        can't be "detached" and this fact and condition,
        therefore, invalidates the higher spiritual reward
        from being received by an unworthy person who
        is, in fact, attached to lower mental plane concepts/
        traps. Service and coin are lower plane conditions
        put into place by the lower plane LEM and his
        church (Eckankar).

        What's really ironic is that most Eckists spend
        more money on their pilgrimage to the EK
        Temple in Chanhassen, MN.! When one looks
        at the cost of air fare and the hotel expenses
        and all of the other expenses associated with
        attending an EK Seminar these expenses out
        weigh all others expenses and donations to
        the ECK Org/Church! BTW- Why doesn't Klemp
        travel anymore? Why do EKists have to forgo
        their vacation days saved up for Minneapolis?
        What happened to Orlando? That would be a
        nice change and warmer too! Klemp doesn't
        give a sh_t about his chelas and H.I.s. Harry's
        selfish and narcissistic. Let's face it... Eckankar
        has become awfully dull with Klemp in charge
        for all these years.

        Prometheus