Re: Klemp's Vanity - His Wisdom Notes and EK Brochure Photo

    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 6, 2010
      FIRST- Let's move on from the ECK
      chela nut/fanatic that's been sending
      out negative emails to ESA site members.
      We all know that "as above, so below"
      is a direct factor and cause of his imbalance.

      ******
      You're right Etznab! Klemp has said that,
      "Jupiter was the 'Mahanta Consciousness'
      as it appeared to the Romans," or "as it
      appears" to EKists via the LEM!

      BTW- The term you were probably looking for
      is: "Adi-Mahanta. The primordial Mahanta. The
      line of Mastership begun with RAMA, the first
      world Savior, which has been handed down through
      the centuries by the ECK Masters via Oral Secret
      Teachings to those who were Initiated into the
      Order of the Vairagi." (EK Lexicon, 1998, pg. 3)

      This is interesting because this same "Rama"
      is an Indian God who HK claims "brought the
      ECK to India and later to the Aryans, the Fifth
      Root Race." So, the First Mahanta only came
      on-the-scene during the time of the Fifth Root
      Race. And, this title and Consciousness was created
      by the Vairagi Masters and not by Sugmad directly
      (pg.172).

      Now, if someone were to look up "Aryans" in
      HK's 1998 EK Lexicon they would see that this
      is the current ruling race. BTW- "RAMA" was not
      listed as being a Mahanta in the EK Lexicon...
      only a LEM. Why wouldn't Klemp list him as
      a (Full) Mahanta? Maybe he's more detailed in
      the new EK Lexicon and has done another
      Tweak (reedit).

      However, the truth is that Twitchell created
      Eckankar's Mahanta circa Jan. 1, 1969. And,
      "Mahanta" actually means "monastery head."
      Marman and many other EKists know this, but
      for Eckankar to work as a belief system one
      has to have "faith" and toss reason aside! This
      is how religions work... No Thinking is needed!

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:

      The words "as it appeared to" are interesting to me
      in those definitions for "mahanta consciousness".

      This suggests to me that the "M.C." can appear to
      people under so many different forms. Like Jesus,
      Krishna, Jupiter, etc.

      Also interesting was how Krishna was described in
      somewhat negative terms by both Julian Johnson &
      Paul Twitchell. At other times the description is not
      so negative.

      In about the 1970s though, Paul appears to elaborate
      further about "mahanta". He describes the "historical"
      and "eternal" mahantas. I believe. There was a third
      in the group (trinity) as well.

      Perhaps Paul Twitchell, Darwin Gross and Harold K.
      fit into the category of "historical" mahanta? (Right
      along there with Jesus, Jupiter and Krishna, etc.?)

      Of course some of those characters are composed
      of myths and the literal history dubious and far from
      reality in some places. IMO.

      BTW, I see no entry for "Eternal Mahanta" and / or
      "Historical Mahanta" in Harold Klemp & Eckankar's
      Lexicon. I don't believe they have an entry in Paul T.
      Eckankar dictionary either.

      I believe the Eckankar dictionary came out in 1973
      and after Paul Twitchell was already dead. However,
      I believe it was in Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad (1970?) that
      Paul elaborated on "mahanta". I will have to check
      to see whether Darwin Gross or Harold Klemp wrote
      about eternal, or historical mahantas and the reason
      for illustrating them.

      You make some good points Etznab.
      I would say that the Roman God Jupiter
      was an Astral Plane God that was created
      by the Romans. Then again, I think that
      all of those Gods that religions worship
      have been created by men. Is it no wonder,
      then, that in PT's Eckankar Dictionary
      and in Klemp's 1998 EK Lexicon that they
      both state that the Roman God "Jupiter
      was the Mahanta Consciousness to the
      Romans." Thus, by definition, the Mahanta
      is also a 2nd Plane God and is, therefore,
      of the Astral Plane of Consciousness which
      is ruled by KAL (Satan, devil).

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:

      rometheus,

      I believe the term "mahanta consciousness"
      evolved over time according to descriptions
      given to it via Eckankar. Like, what was it?
      1969 before Paul mentioned "mahanta" in
      a wisdom note and The Flute of God? The
      fuller descriptions of L.E.M. & Mahanta did
      not appear until the last couple years in the
      life of Paul Twitchell when he set out to ex-
      plain them in the Shariyat books, I believe.
      1970-1971?

      In some earlier books with Rebazar Tarzs
      I don't know that the word "mahanta" was
      even given much mention, if at all. I think
      the term "spiritual traveler" was mentioned
      more.

      Also, I have to consider the appearance in
      Paul T's early dictionary for the term, and
      where so many people (some legendary)
      from history were said to be the mahanta
      consciousness as vehicle for the Sugmad
      as it appeared to .... (in so many words),
      etc.

      Jesus and Krishna were both mentioned.
      And yet, Jesus is generally understood -
      in Eckankar history - to have been a 2nd
      initiate only.

      So what initiation level is the "mahanta
      consciousness"? I couldn't tell you. All I
      can say (at this point) is the definitions
      have apparently evolved over the years. I
      believe that when the teachings became
      a religion in July 1970 that "mahanta" &
      L.E.M. merged to become identified as
      the same thing around that time. Since I
      suspect Eckankar had to be defined for
      legal purposes and one of the things they
      ask you (IMO) is: What is the title of the
      person in charge & who is that person?

      This is speculation on my part. Paul did
      mention at least 3 "levels" of Mahanta -
      I believe - in the Shariyat. Including the
      "Eternal Mahanta" and "Historical Maha-
      anta". All of these merged into the head
      of the religion and organization of Eck-
      ankar at some point, if you ask me. It is
      very hard for the organization to separate
      them from the leader of Eckankar, IMO,
      as that might suggest the physical body,
      the vehicle and leader of Eckankar is but
      a limited form of "highest consciousness".
      Remember the last part for the definition
      for Mahanta Consciousnes used to be:

      "[....] a state of God consciousness which
      is beyond the titles given in religions which
      designate states of consciousness; the
      highest of all states of consciousness."

      [See: Paul Twitchell Dictionary]

      It means not so much of anything to me
      what appears beside the definition(s) for
      "mahanta" today unless I can prove that
      information to be true. I think Paul said &
      wrote a lot of stuff. I also think he exagg-
      erated in some places. Besides that I do
      not see how a highest state of conscious-
      ness can be identified with a human and
      limited vehicle. I'll give you an example.
      Suppose a leader of Eckankar has / had
      a physical disability of some kind. Even
      suppose a leader died. How can human
      beings limited by the physical senses &
      human mortality equate with a "highest
      state of consciousness"? Or, the highest?
      Especially one such as called "Eternal
      Mahanta" present from the beginning of
      time?

      Some things (including the highest of all
      states of consciousness) became at one
      point identified with a single human being,
      IMO. This is what I suspect, at least.

      Hello Etznab,
      You said, "Wasn't the far ancient past
      like some kind of "Golden Age" anyway?
      Compared to today?"

      I don't think so, but it's all relevant to
      who you are and where you are and
      when you were there, as well as, one's
      state of mind. Some people are experiencing
      the "Golden Age" now while others have
      experienced their "Golden Age" in a past
      lifetime. It doesn't necessarily have to
      involve the consciousness of world society...
      only yours and from your perspective.
      All else is illusion and a test for Soul.
      However, the knowledge of true
      history is an aide for us to expand our
      current awareness and to help made
      it better for those who come after us.

      "Gee, I wonder why things declined? Did the
      truth escape us? How might that have happ-
      ened, I wonder? Did it happen from believers
      in outer authority accepting whatever evidence
      was presented to them? Even if fabricated &
      untrue? I think it entirely possible people were
      fooled and will be fooled again. Especially the
      ones who refuse to challenge deception, but
      blindly accept a myth and /or pseudo history
      as literally true."

      One can look at different stages and timeframes
      of any society and see where the past was
      better, in some areas, and worse in other
      areas.

      Censorship has always been a control tactic
      used by those in power and how it's used has
      varied. ECKankar has censorship too, and most
      H.I.s know what many of the boundaries are.
      Why censorship is condoned is related to having
      an "EK membership card." One has to follow
      the rules and be a part of the herd. That's why
      many H.I.s turn a blind-eye and deaf-ear to
      most of it in order to have ECKankar work for
      them as it is with any religious belief system.
      Blind Faith, Narrow Thinking, and the constant
      use of the Imagination are key for EK to "work."

      And, after all, Why doesn't Klemp have PT's
      historic book "Difficulties Of Becoming The
      Living ECK Master" reprinted by ECKankar?
      It's because Klemp can't handle the truth
      that it would reveal nor be able to deal with
      the questions and doubt that would ensue.
      Thus, we have censorship which is a negative
      effect caused by Klemp's negative (lower
      KAL plane) fears and deceit!

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:
      [....] Even in some of the temples people employed
      inventions for the manifestation of apparent miracles.
      What they got in return were donations. Of course,
      they didn't tell people the real source of the miracles.
      Otherwise donations might become less. [....]"

      Something from the description of the movie I saw
      where it documented various forms of deception that
      were employed to make miracles appear to happen
      using different forms of technology. This is where it
      appears that science was used to promote ideas of
      miracle-working gods existing behind the scenes. It
      was a perversion of not only religion, but of science
      as well. In my opinion:

      "Set firmly at the intersection of religion, science
      and commerce, the latest episode of ANCIENT
      DISCOVERIES travels to Rome and Greece to
      explore the commissioning, fabrication and pre-
      sentation of marvels meant to instill awe and draw
      hordes of deep-pocketed devotees. You will be
      amazed to learn how the greatest minds of the age
      were turned to the construction of what were little
      more than parlor tricks, albeit enormously sophist-
      icated and impressive ones."

      http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=69989&ecid=SEO-0000046&pa=SEO-SSP

      I believe that program appeared on the History
      Channel some time back.

      Add to this the fact people have fabricated even
      ancient artifacts to frauduently propagate church
      history, have told stories that were mythological
      and / or symbolic - but accepted as literal truth,
      used teachings and quotes from the past which
      were fragmentary, little understood, and / or in a
      language nobody today completely understands,
      etc., and I see ample reason to be skeptical. To
      investigate, examine and even question "outer"
      forms of teachings - from science to religion.

      Today it appears ironic how religion and science
      are apparently divided, when many have argued
      it was not always the case. Col. James Church-
      ward speaking about "religion" in Lemuria gives
      an opinion that religion was described in terms
      a child could understand. Also, that religion and
      science were not two separate things in the very
      beginning. In fact, it is my belief, religion was
      described in "scientific" terms then because the
      people knew how both were connected.

      So, when science today is used to investigate,
      examine and, in some cases expose religious
      fraud I think it helps to remember how science
      was not always the record of ignorance about
      how things work that is in existence today.

      And, in my opinion, some people from earlier
      times may have been much more advanced,
      not less advanced (generally), compared with
      people living today. Looking at remains of the
      past through a modern (ignorant of the past)
      lens and portraying them as less civilized,
      less knowledgeable and less wise is (IMO) a
      major insult to history. I'm talking particularly
      about the ancient and far ancient past. Times
      when monuments were constructed and tech-
      nology existed that people today are still try-
      ing to fathom.

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2011
        This is simply more proof
        of Eckankar's deceptions.

        It's come to my attention
        that Klemp is still using
        a 10-15 old photo as his
        "Official Photo" which is
        to be displayed at ECK
        functions and EK Centers.

        WHY? Really, why is this
        being done?

        Isn't Klemp comfortable
        with his aging?

        On the front page of the
        September, 2011 "The
        Mystic World of ECKankar"
        is a current photo of Klemp.

        However, if one looks at
        the back page where "The
        Wisdom Notes" are given
        there is the older "Official
        Photo" depicting a younger
        looking Klemp.

        Is the real and present day
        photo depicting the Outer
        LEM while the "Official (past)
        Photo" depicting the Inner
        Master/Mahanta? Is that
        Klemp's rationale for this
        subliminal trickery?

        Really, I don't think that this
        issue has ever been addressed
        since ECKists aren't permitted
        to ask such questions without
        risking reprisals by their RESAs
        or via the ESC (Klemp).

        But, in Eckankar, what is reality?
        Is it anything one wants to deny
        and imagine differently as you
        like it?

        This photo switch is simply
        another trick that Klemp uses
        to cloud the minds and reasoning
        abilities of his followers so they
        can feel good about their religion
        of pretend Masters, Initiations,
        and Planes of Consciousness.

        This denial of the obvious is
        why ECKists are comfortable
        and passive sheep and/or are
        chickens in the EK hen house.
        However, on the other hand,
        ECKists are stressed out as
        well.

        ECKists must be Vahanas/
        Missionary's and give Service
        to Klemp (and Lip Service to
        the public) in order to advance
        and/or to maintain their status
        as official spokespersons.

        The Lip Service is when they
        give the "official" presentations
        which omit facts with the guise
        of being "too much spiritual
        food" for the seeker to handle.

        Come on, just tell them how
        long it will probably take them
        to become free of Karma or
        reach the 5th initiation! And,
        how many more years (and
        what's required) it should
        take them to reach the 7th
        initiation. Then tell them
        how long it will be for them
        to reach the 8th initiation...
        maybe the RESA would know
        that answer. LOL!

        Prometheus

        From Dec, 2009:
        Isn't it strange that a "spiritual
        master" (a Mahanta) would still
        be using an outdated photo.
        This shows that Klemp is attached
        to KAL's lower plane influences.
        This is more proof that HK has
        fallen from SUGMAD's Grace (not
        that he ever had it). Still, for some
        ECKists Klemp's youthful appearance
        attachment must be confusing.
        Others simply turn a Blind Eye
        to it all... they like the public
        seeing the younger looking photo.
        It's less embarrassing than the
        real thing. H.I.s, especially, live
        in a state of denial because it's
        comfortable and convenient
        and EK Membership has become
        habitual and ego driven.

        {Note: Annual EK Membership
        is actually required in order to
        receive and keep initiations. The
        reenrolling of one's membership
        must become habitual or risk
        losing the fake connection with
        the Inner via the outer monetary
        membership requirement. Thus,
        EK membership is ego, as well as,
        fear driven.}

        Prometheus
      • Diana Stanley
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 4, 2011
          maybe he should try botox or a face lift. It would be a miricale that he got his youth back!
          Diana

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 4, 2011
            Hello Diana and All,
            At one time Klemp tried
            contact lens but eventually
            switched back to glasses.
            I'm told he received some
            criticism, from H.I.s via
            chelas, that contacts were
            more of a vanity issue than
            a sight/vision issue. ECKists
            can't have their mealy looking
            Mahanta project a fraudulent
            appearance because that
            would indicate other frauds
            might be taking place and
            perpetuated. LOL!

            However, I've also read that
            contacts can offer people
            better vision than glasses,
            but maybe that was just
            a slanted PR story to sell
            a product like Eckankar
            does.

            I'm assuming that this is
            why Klemp won't dye his
            hair or get hair plugs. I
            wonder what else Klemp
            does, or doesn't do, that
            is natural? Boxers, briefs,
            or commando?

            Prometheus

            dianastanley wrote:
            maybe he should try botox
            or a face lift. It would be
            a miricale that he got his
            youth back!
            Diana

            <prometheus wrote:

            > Hello All,
> [...]
          • Diana Stanley
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 6, 2011
              I don't understand why he cares what he looks like he never hardly ever makes public appearences. Maybe he has a double to do all public pr work!!!
              Diana

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 7, 2011
                Hello Diana and All,
                Klemp cares about
                the more youthful
                image he's projecting
                in the PR brochures
                and his official pic
                displayed in EK Centers
                and at Intros because
                it appeals to younger
                people more than his
                old real life image does!

                Thus, more suckers
                are attracted to the
                bait and switch packaging
                versus the reality which
                would repel them. LOL!

                At a Seminar (after
                seeing Klemp) they
                simply decide to stay
                until he gets done talking.
                Klemp was never too
                photogenic anyway but
                now he's really getting
                pathetic looking... as
                a Mahanta/God!

                Really, how can Eckists
                believe in or talk about
                the ECK Masters like
                Rebazar, who are
                supposedly over 500
                years old and still maintain
                a physical body, when
                Klemp claims to be the
                greatest and most spiritually
                advanced Mahanta ever!
                Yet, he's wasting away!
                It doesn't make sense if
                it was true! The truth is
                there are No ECK Masters
                and Klemp is a phony!

                Pretend can be fun and
                the imagination can make
                the mundane magical,
                it's an escape, and it can
                be used (as lies) to explain
                things in mythological and
                unscientific terms because
                science can't explain it
                away with concrete analysis
                and proven facts. Besides,
                would most people listen?
                Therefore, the ECK Masters
                are as imagined as the
                characters in Harry Potter,
                or the Lord of the Rings,
                et al.

                Thus, if Eckankar was for
                real Klemp wouldn't be
                aging and rapidly! He'd
                look like Rebazar or one
                of the other portraits of
                those fake ECK Masters.

                Funny that the artist who
                did the latest ECK Master
                portraits made them look
                younger than Klemp's real-
                time current photo (not the
                embellished portrait)! Just
                go the eckankar.org and
                see for yourself! It's comical!

                Prometheus

                dianastanley wrote:
                I don't understand why
                he cares what he looks
                like he never hardly ever
                makes public appearences.
                Maybe he has a double
                to do all public pr work!!!
                Diana

                <prometheus wrote:

                > Hello Diana and All,
> [...]
              • Diana Stanley
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 9, 2011
                  Eckankar is being reduced to sillyness. People who are trully seeking spiritual enlightenment will begin to leave. Those that are comfortable with authority and rules and regulations will hang on.
                  Much like the old churches some people feel safe if they are told how to get to heven and avoid hell.
                  I imagin Harold is trying to incorporate the Eck teachings with christian beliefs as that is Harolds background.
                  I am afraid it is a marrage that is doomed to failure. Hopefully sooner than later.
                  Diana

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 9, 2011
                    Hello Diana and All,
                    Yes, the silliness began