Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: I received two unwanted emails, one was threatening

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
      I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
      an error on the Yahoo server.

      Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
      if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
      of the e-mail either publicly or privately?

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
        One of the reasons I use a pseudo is to steer clear
        of the nutters who might choose to attack me or my
        family.

        Jonathan, I am really sorry you got those disturbing emails.
        There are some really sick people out there . . . you can mark
        them as spam and they will not then be in your regular email
        box . . . and you can ignore them that way. I think many of us
        have had experiences with the nutters!!

        I will look forward to reading your diary/eBook!

        Best wishes,

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "jonathanjohns96"
        <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

        > I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I
        plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I
        was going to use my first name.

        > Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to
        motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook
        entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll
        post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

        > By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll
        use my real name in the records of my Diary.

        > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns
        <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:

        > > I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message
        board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more
        detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the
        9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

        > > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
        wrote:

        > > From: Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
        > > Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] I received two unwanted
        emails, one was threatening
        > > To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
        > > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 1:01 AM
        > >

        > > Prometheus,
        > >
        > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening.
        They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on
        my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.

        > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
        > >
        > > Alan

      • jonathanjohns96
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
          Etznab,

          I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

          I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

          Jonathan

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
            I understand.

            I wasn't able to view the attached picture file, or whatever was
            attached to your initial posts on the subject.

            It doesn't matter. Probably best to just delete it and mark the sender
            as spam. I agree.

            I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really
            comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the
            format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

            I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on
            Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators
            to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

            Jonathan

            > I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
            > an error on the Yahoo server.
            >
            > Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
            > if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
            > of the e-mail either publicly or privately?
            >
            > Etznab

          • ctecvie
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 5, 2010
              Hi Jonathan,

              I received one or two too - of the same kind it seems. I just deleted and forgot them.

              Take care,

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2010
                In Part 1 Klemp suggests that "coffee"
                is bad for ECKists' health due to the
                caffeine. However he never mentions
                the caffeine in tea. Also, on the news
                today, I heard that a study was done
                that showed that Coffee and Tea may
                ward off Diabetes. Plus, one can always
                drink decaf!

                In the next story below Klemp is complaining
                about his mother making him drink his
                milk which had cream in it. Thus when
                her back was turned he would pour it
                back into the pitcher and mislead her
                into thinking he drank it. Today, he stills
                thinks that this was not a lie and that
                "stretching the truth" was/is okay. Also,
                milk in those days, and on the farm,
                did not have Vitamin-D added, thus,
                HK came down with rickets, although,
                no one else in his family did.

                BTW-Another reason why many people
                today don't have a Vitamin-D deficiency
                is due to Starbucks since they put a lot
                of Vitamin-D enriched milk into their
                products. Thus, another reason why coffee
                can be good for the health. Also, in the
                Middle East coffee is drank in order to
                protect oneself from heat stroke. Therefore,
                once again Klemp misses the mark and
                has taken a narrow-minded and one
                dimensional approach to the topic of "health."