Re: I received two unwanted emails, one was threatening

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
      Mish,

      Thanks for your reply and advice. I'm going to ignore the person/emails and move on.

      I'll try to get something from my Diary posted within a week. It's a lot of work because I have to censor out people's last names, etc. in some attempt to protect their privacy. It should be interesting.

      Jonathan

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
        Actually, there are those in Eckankar that
        engage in dirty tricks and negative acts
        in order to "protect" their Mahanta from
        being insulted. It's really an ego thing.
        The percentage is low, but it's a matter
        of record that ESA site members have
        experienced, and is condoned by Klemp!
        ESC staffers and Joan monitor these anti-
        EK sites.

        If you've ever read some of the chela and
        H.I. postings on HU-Chat or Chela-Chat and
        on A.R.E. you'd see that there is an official
        Eckankar connection or else there would be
        reprisals coming from the ESC (Klemp) to
        prevent and eliminate thses negative behaviours
        from spreading. However, that's not the case
        and, therefore, the nut cases (as above, so
        below) feel that Klemp is turning a Blind-Eye
        to it all. Thus, HK empowers them by giving
        his (silent) approval to it all. It could very well
        be that this sicko is only pretending (as if) to
        dislike Klemp in order to throw us and others
        off his tracks. He's probably an ECK Youth,
        or seems he is because he appears spiritually
        immature. His spiritual growth, more than
        likely, has become stunted via LEM/Mahanta
        Co-Dependency. No Self-Mastery or Spiritual
        Liberation/Freedom in THIS lifetime for him
        or any other ECKist!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
          I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
          an error on the Yahoo server.

          Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
          if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
          of the e-mail either publicly or privately?

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
            One of the reasons I use a pseudo is to steer clear
            of the nutters who might choose to attack me or my
            family.

            <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

            > I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I
            plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I
            was going to use my first name.

            > Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to
            motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook
            entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll
            post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

            > By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll
            use my real name in the records of my Diary.

            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns
            <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:

            > > I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message
            board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more
            detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the
            9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

            > > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
            wrote:

            > > From: Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
            > > Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] I received two unwanted
            emails, one was threatening
            > > To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
            > > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 1:01 AM
            > >

            > > Prometheus,
            > >
            > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening.
            They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on
            my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.

            > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
            > >
            > > Alan

          • jonathanjohns96
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
              Etznab,

              I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

              I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

              Jonathan

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
                I understand.

                I wasn't able to view the attached picture file, or whatever was
                attached to your initial posts on the subject.

                It doesn't matter. Probably best to just delete it and mark the sender
                as spam. I agree.

                I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really
                comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the
                format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

                I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on
                Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators
                to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

                Jonathan

                > I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
                > an error on the Yahoo server.
                >
                > Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
                > if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
                > of the e-mail either publicly or privately?
                >
                > Etznab

              • ctecvie
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 5, 2010
                  Hi Jonathan,

                  I received one or two too - of the same kind it seems. I just deleted and forgot them.

                  Take care,

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 6, 2010
                    In Part 1 Klemp suggests that "coffee"
                    is bad for ECKists' health due to the
                    caffeine. However he never mentions
                    the caffeine in tea. Also, on the news
                    today, I heard that a study was done
                    that showed that Coffee and Tea may
                    ward off Diabetes. Plus, one can always
                    drink decaf!

                    In the next story below Klemp is complaining
                    about his mother making him drink his
                    milk which had cream in it. Thus when
                    her back was turned he would pour it
                    back into the pitcher and mislead her
                    into thinking he drank it. Today, he stills
                    thinks that this was not a lie and that
                    "stretching the truth" was/is okay. Also,
                    milk in those days, and on the farm,
                    did not have Vitamin-D added, thus,
                    HK came down with rickets, although,
                    no one else in his family did.

                    BTW-Another reason why many people
                    today don't have a Vitamin-D deficiency
                    is due to Starbucks since they put a lot
                    of Vitamin-D enriched milk into their
                    products. Thus, another reason why coffee
                    can be good for the health. Also, in the
                    Middle East coffee is drank in order to
                    protect oneself from heat stroke. Therefore,
                    once again Klemp misses the mark and
                    has taken a narrow-minded and one
                    dimensional approach to the topic of "health."