Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] I received two unwanted emails, one was threatening

  • Jonathan Johns
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
      I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the 9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
        I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I was going to use my first name.

        Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

        By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll use my real name in the records of my Diary.

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
          Jonathan, I am really sorry you got those disturbing emails.
          There are some really sick people out there . . . you can mark
          them as spam and they will not then be in your regular email
          box . . . and you can ignore them that way. I think many of us
          have had experiences with the nutters!!

          I will look forward to reading your diary/eBook!

          Best wishes,

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
            Hello Jonathan,
            Yes, there is a young perverted guy that has
            been sending nasty/sexual/threatening emails
            using various names and email accounts. Yahoo
            can't seem to track his server down except it's
            around Sunnydale. It sounds like something a
            very unbalanced (off meds probably) and spiritually
            immature Soul would do... a prodigy of Mark Alex...
            or Marman or ATOM or maybe the Doers? Really,
            he sounds Bi-Polar and Deviant.

            I simply Red Flag them and put them in my spam
            folder. I don't open them because they all come
            from the same person and all seem to support
            Twitchell while attacking me and Klemp. Strange
            isn't it? Actually, I haven't looked at any of my
            emails for about two months. I've been doing
            other things, but will get back to ESA with some
            12/2009 Mystic World info soon. Actually, this
            nut case is a member of ESA and I know who he
            is but haven't booted him.... what's the point.
            Just don't open the emails or take it personally...
            he's a sicko! Pity and ignore him if anything!
            "There but by the Grace of God go I."

            Prometheus

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

            > Prometheus,
            >
            > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening. They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.
            >
            > What, if anything, should I do about it?
            >
            > Alan

          • jonathanjohns96
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
              Prometheus,
              Thnaks for you reply and advice.

              As I explained in another post I didn't intend for my messages about this to be posted on the message board; I thought I was sending an email directly fto you. That's Yahoo's kooky interface.

              I thought perhaps the best thing was to ignore the person. They are not going to stop me from posting. I think it is possible that emails of this type could stop some people from speaking out about Eckankar - that is a disturbing thought.

              Also, the percentage of members of Eckankar who would do something like this is almost zero. So I don't want these emails to be seen as a bad reflection on Eckankar. In my opinion this person is very much an isolated case. I am more than happy to criticise Eckankar when they deserve it, but I can't justify it in this instance.

              Jonathan

              > Hello Jonathan,
              > Yes, there is a young perverted guy that has
              > been sending nasty/sexual/threatening emails
              > using various names and email accounts. Yahoo
              > can't seem to track his server down except it's
              > around Sunnydale. It sounds like something a
              > very unbalanced (off meds probably) and spiritually
              > immature Soul would do... a prodigy of Mark Alex...
              > or Marman or ATOM or maybe the Doers? Really,
              > he sounds Bi-Polar and Deviant.
              >
              > I simply Red Flag them and put them in my spam
              > folder. I don't open them because they all come
              > from the same person and all seem to support
              > Twitchell while attacking me and Klemp. Strange
              > isn't it? Actually, I haven't looked at any of my
              > emails for about two months. I've been doing
              > other things, but will get back to ESA with some
              > 12/2009 Mystic World info soon. Actually, this
              > nut case is a member of ESA and I know who he
              > is but haven't booted him.... what's the point.
              > Just don't open the emails or take it personally...
              > he's a sicko! Pity and ignore him if anything!
              > "There but by the Grace of God go I."
              >
              > Prometheus
              >
              > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Prometheus,
              > >
              > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening. They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.
              > >
              > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
              > >
              > > Alan

            • jonathanjohns96
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                Mish,

                Thanks for your reply and advice. I'm going to ignore the person/emails and move on.

                I'll try to get something from my Diary posted within a week. It's a lot of work because I have to censor out people's last names, etc. in some attempt to protect their privacy. It should be interesting.

                Jonathan

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                  Actually, there are those in Eckankar that
                  engage in dirty tricks and negative acts
                  in order to "protect" their Mahanta from
                  being insulted. It's really an ego thing.
                  The percentage is low, but it's a matter
                  of record that ESA site members have
                  experienced, and is condoned by Klemp!
                  ESC staffers and Joan monitor these anti-
                  EK sites.

                  If you've ever read some of the chela and
                  H.I. postings on HU-Chat or Chela-Chat and
                  on A.R.E. you'd see that there is an official
                  Eckankar connection or else there would be
                  reprisals coming from the ESC (Klemp) to
                  prevent and eliminate thses negative behaviours
                  from spreading. However, that's not the case
                  and, therefore, the nut cases (as above, so
                  below) feel that Klemp is turning a Blind-Eye
                  to it all. Thus, HK empowers them by giving
                  his (silent) approval to it all. It could very well
                  be that this sicko is only pretending (as if) to
                  dislike Klemp in order to throw us and others
                  off his tracks. He's probably an ECK Youth,
                  or seems he is because he appears spiritually
                  immature. His spiritual growth, more than
                  likely, has become stunted via LEM/Mahanta
                  Co-Dependency. No Self-Mastery or Spiritual
                  Liberation/Freedom in THIS lifetime for him
                  or any other ECKist!

                  Prometheus

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                    I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
                    an error on the Yahoo server.

                    Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
                    if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
                    of the e-mail either publicly or privately?

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                      One of the reasons I use a pseudo is to steer clear
                      of the nutters who might choose to attack me or my
                      family.

                      <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

                      > I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I
                      plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I
                      was going to use my first name.

                      > Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to
                      motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook
                      entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll
                      post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

                      > By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll
                      use my real name in the records of my Diary.

                      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns
                      <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:

                      > > I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message
                      board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more
                      detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the
                      9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

                      > > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
                      wrote:

                      > > From: Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
                      > > Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] I received two unwanted
                      emails, one was threatening
                      > > To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
                      > > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 1:01 AM
                      > >

                      > > Prometheus,
                      > >
                      > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening.
                      They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on
                      my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.

                      > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
                      > >
                      > > Alan

                    • jonathanjohns96
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
                        Etznab,

                        I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

                        I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

                        Jonathan

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
                          I understand.

                          I wasn't able to view the attached picture file, or whatever was
                          attached to your initial posts on the subject.

                          It doesn't matter. Probably best to just delete it and mark the sender
                          as spam. I agree.

                          I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really
                          comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the
                          format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

                          I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on
                          Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators
                          to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

                          Jonathan

                          > I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
                          > an error on the Yahoo server.
                          >
                          > Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
                          > if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
                          > of the e-mail either publicly or privately?
                          >
                          > Etznab

                        • ctecvie
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 5, 2010
                            Hi Jonathan,

                            I received one or two too - of the same kind it seems. I just deleted and forgot them.

                            Take care,

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 6, 2010
                              In Part 1 Klemp suggests that "coffee"
                              is bad for ECKists' health due to the
                              caffeine. However he never mentions
                              the caffeine in tea. Also, on the news
                              today, I heard that a study was done
                              that showed that Coffee and Tea may
                              ward off Diabetes. Plus, one can always
                              drink decaf!

                              In the next story below Klemp is complaining
                              about his mother making him drink his
                              milk which had cream in it. Thus when
                              her back was turned he would pour it
                              back into the pitcher and mislead her
                              into thinking he drank it. Today, he stills
                              thinks that this was not a lie and that
                              "stretching the truth" was/is okay. Also,
                              milk in those days, and on the farm,
                              did not have Vitamin-D added, thus,
                              HK came down with rickets, although,
                              no one else in his family did.

                              BTW-Another reason why many people
                              today don't have a Vitamin-D deficiency
                              is due to Starbucks since they put a lot
                              of Vitamin-D enriched milk into their
                              products. Thus, another reason why coffee
                              can be good for the health. Also, in the
                              Middle East coffee is drank in order to
                              protect oneself from heat stroke. Therefore,
                              once again Klemp misses the mark and
                              has taken a narrow-minded and one
                              dimensional approach to the topic of "health."