The H.I. Letter 12/2009 (Part 2 of 2)

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 15, 2009
      The following is a recollection about
      Klemp's youth on the farm, and the
      conclusion of his "health hints". However,
      there is some Golden-Tongued Wisdom
      found here. One of these is when he
      says to his mother, "My glass is empty!"
      Harry admits that he was "stretching
      the truth" which he claims was/is okay.
      Thus, his glass was not just "half-empty"
      it was/is all "empty." Klemp, today, seems
      to think that it was just fine learning to
      trick his Mother by lying (stretching the
      truth), and to demonstrate deviant behaviour
      (pouring the milk back into the pitcher).
      Boys will be boys, they say.

      HK: "When I was a boy, there was nowhere
      near the amount of nutritional information
      so readily available today. My older brother,
      Duane, suffered a greatly swollen ear when
      he was eight or nine. He was a spectacle
      when he arrived at school. Our family doctor
      gave him a shot of penicillin, and his ear soon
      shrank to normal size.

      In looking back, I suspect that Duane had
      a sensitivity to dairy products, for he often
      had earaches. BUT ours was a dairy farm;
      milk and cheese were a mainstay at mealtimes."

      ME: Well, that's possible. However, the problem
      Duane had could be from other causes too.
      Klemp is speculating on this, but food allergies
      are often overlooked even today. Duane did,
      years later, die of Cancer. I wonder why the
      Mahanta has to "suspect" this cause of Duane's
      problem rather than "know" it to be true when
      he, supposedly, has the ability to use the ECK-Vidya.

      HK: "For my part, I would gag at the sight
      of a single speck of cream on top of my
      glass of milk. BUT Mother insisted I sit at
      the breakfast table until the milk was gone.
      I really tried to drink it, BUT it just refused
      to go down. she was so insistent about it
      because I'd had rickets, a bone-deforming
      disease, a few years earlier, from a vitamin-
      D deficiency. Our farm milk had no added
      vitamin D, as did store bought milk. BUT
      she did not know that.

      `Drink your milk,' she scolded, "then you
      can go outside to play!'

      ME: What Klemp fails to see is that his
      mother was telling him to "go outside to
      play" and get his Vitamin-D from the sun!

      HK: "Mother had a lot to do, so she could
      not keep an eye on me every second.
      When she turned her back to wash dishes,
      I dumped my milk back into the pitcher
      and announced, `My glass is empty!' And
      that was the solemn truth. Our parents
      taught us not to lie, BUT stretching the
      truth was another matter."

      ME: Stretching the truth was another matter
      for Twitchell too! Let's face it, Klemp's behaviour
      was devious! I never would have done that
      and never stretched the truth until I became
      a teenager. I, too, had a problem with specks
      of cream in my glasses of milk as well. We
      had a milkman deliver ours from their dairy.
      I would take a spoon and gather the specks
      of cream up in it and then wipe the cream off
      on a napkin.

      HK: "However, I loved cheese. So I lifted
      a stack of slices from the cheese plate
      and put them on my dinner plate. Then
      I would return for a second and a third
      helping, to the utter amazement of my
      parents. The younger and the more it
      squeaked, the better. I certainly had no
      food sensitivity to cheese then, although
      I do now."

      ME: It's no wonder that Klemp has a
      food allergy to cheese today since he
      ate so much as a youth. Maybe HK did,
      after all, have an slight allergy to cheese
      way back then since his brother had an
      allergy to milk. Of course, we've all heard
      this "cheesy" story before. Klemp has
      told it often. I remember a Seminar, years
      ago, where he told us about this. Isn't
      this a waste of paper, time, and members'
      money?

      HK: "Maybe you will find HINTS in this
      letter so you may achieve better health
      for you and your family. I trust you will.

      Again, good health is an aid to spiritual
      unfoldment." [end]

      ME: I thought that "INITIATIONS" were
      `an aid to spiritual unfoldment.' Where
      are these? Klemp is side-stepping the
      real issue and gives nothing! We've seen
      or experienced this advice (hints) before.

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 28, 2009
        In Part 1 Klemp suggests that "coffee"
        is bad for ECKists' health due to the
        caffeine. However he never mentions
        the caffeine in tea. Also, on the news
        today, I heard that a study was done
        that showed that Coffee and Tea may
        ward off Diabetes. Plus, one can always
        drink decaf!

        In the next story below Klemp is complaining
        about his mother making him drink his
        milk which had cream in it. Thus when
        her back was turned he would pour it
        back into the pitcher and mislead her
        into thinking he drank it. Today, he stills
        thinks that this was not a lie and that
        "stretching the truth" was/is okay. Also,
        milk in those days, and on the farm,
        did not have Vitamin-D added, thus,
        HK came down with rickets, although,
        no one else in his family did.

        BTW-Another reason why many people
        today don't have a Vitamin-D deficiency
        is due to Starbucks since they put a lot
        of Vitamin-D enriched milk into their
        products. Thus, another reason why coffee
        can be good for the health. Also, in the
        Middle East coffee is drank in order to
        protect oneself from heat stroke. Therefore,
        once again Klemp misses the mark and
        has taken a narrow-minded and one
        dimensional approach to the topic of "health."

> [...]
        > I do now."
        >
        > ME: It's no wonder that Klemp has a
        > food allergy to cheese today since he
        > ate so much as a youth. Maybe HK did,
        > after all, have an slight allergy to cheese
        > way back then since his brother had an
        > allergy to milk. Of course, we've all heard
        > this "cheesy" story before. Klemp has
        > told it often. I remember a Seminar, years
        > ago, where he told us about this. Isn't
        > this a waste of paper, time, and members'
        > money?
        >
        > HK: "Maybe you will find HINTS in this
        > letter so you may achieve better health
        > for you and your family. I trust you will.
        >
        > Again, good health is an aid to spiritual
        > unfoldment." [end]
        >
        > ME: I thought that "INITIATIONS" were
        > `an aid to spiritual unfoldment.' Where
        > are these? Klemp is side-stepping the
        > real issue and gives nothing! We've seen
        > or experienced this advice (hints) before.

      • Jonathan Johns
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
          Prometheus,

          I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening. They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.

          What, if anything, should I do about it?

          Alan

        • Jonathan Johns
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
            I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the 9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
              I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I was going to use my first name.

              Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

              By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll use my real name in the records of my Diary.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
                Jonathan, I am really sorry you got those disturbing emails.
                There are some really sick people out there . . . you can mark
                them as spam and they will not then be in your regular email
                box . . . and you can ignore them that way. I think many of us
                have had experiences with the nutters!!

                I will look forward to reading your diary/eBook!

                Best wishes,

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
                  Hello Jonathan,
                  Yes, there is a young perverted guy that has
                  been sending nasty/sexual/threatening emails
                  using various names and email accounts. Yahoo
                  can't seem to track his server down except it's
                  around Sunnydale. It sounds like something a
                  very unbalanced (off meds probably) and spiritually
                  immature Soul would do... a prodigy of Mark Alex...
                  or Marman or ATOM or maybe the Doers? Really,
                  he sounds Bi-Polar and Deviant.

                  I simply Red Flag them and put them in my spam
                  folder. I don't open them because they all come
                  from the same person and all seem to support
                  Twitchell while attacking me and Klemp. Strange
                  isn't it? Actually, I haven't looked at any of my
                  emails for about two months. I've been doing
                  other things, but will get back to ESA with some
                  12/2009 Mystic World info soon. Actually, this
                  nut case is a member of ESA and I know who he
                  is but haven't booted him.... what's the point.
                  Just don't open the emails or take it personally...
                  he's a sicko! Pity and ignore him if anything!
                  "There but by the Grace of God go I."

                  Prometheus

                  --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

                  > Prometheus,
                  >
                  > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening. They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.
                  >
                  > What, if anything, should I do about it?
                  >
                  > Alan

                • jonathanjohns96
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                    Prometheus,
                    Thnaks for you reply and advice.

                    As I explained in another post I didn't intend for my messages about this to be posted on the message board; I thought I was sending an email directly fto you. That's Yahoo's kooky interface.

                    I thought perhaps the best thing was to ignore the person. They are not going to stop me from posting. I think it is possible that emails of this type could stop some people from speaking out about Eckankar - that is a disturbing thought.

                    Also, the percentage of members of Eckankar who would do something like this is almost zero. So I don't want these emails to be seen as a bad reflection on Eckankar. In my opinion this person is very much an isolated case. I am more than happy to criticise Eckankar when they deserve it, but I can't justify it in this instance.

                    Jonathan

                    > Hello Jonathan,
                    > Yes, there is a young perverted guy that has
                    > been sending nasty/sexual/threatening emails
                    > using various names and email accounts. Yahoo
                    > can't seem to track his server down except it's
                    > around Sunnydale. It sounds like something a
                    > very unbalanced (off meds probably) and spiritually
                    > immature Soul would do... a prodigy of Mark Alex...
                    > or Marman or ATOM or maybe the Doers? Really,
                    > he sounds Bi-Polar and Deviant.
                    >
                    > I simply Red Flag them and put them in my spam
                    > folder. I don't open them because they all come
                    > from the same person and all seem to support
                    > Twitchell while attacking me and Klemp. Strange
                    > isn't it? Actually, I haven't looked at any of my
                    > emails for about two months. I've been doing
                    > other things, but will get back to ESA with some
                    > 12/2009 Mystic World info soon. Actually, this
                    > nut case is a member of ESA and I know who he
                    > is but haven't booted him.... what's the point.
                    > Just don't open the emails or take it personally...
                    > he's a sicko! Pity and ignore him if anything!
                    > "There but by the Grace of God go I."
                    >
                    > Prometheus
                    >
                    > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Prometheus,
                    > >
                    > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening. They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.
                    > >
                    > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
                    > >
                    > > Alan

                  • jonathanjohns96
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                      Mish,

                      Thanks for your reply and advice. I'm going to ignore the person/emails and move on.

                      I'll try to get something from my Diary posted within a week. It's a lot of work because I have to censor out people's last names, etc. in some attempt to protect their privacy. It should be interesting.

                      Jonathan

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                        Actually, there are those in Eckankar that
                        engage in dirty tricks and negative acts
                        in order to "protect" their Mahanta from
                        being insulted. It's really an ego thing.
                        The percentage is low, but it's a matter
                        of record that ESA site members have
                        experienced, and is condoned by Klemp!
                        ESC staffers and Joan monitor these anti-
                        EK sites.

                        If you've ever read some of the chela and
                        H.I. postings on HU-Chat or Chela-Chat and
                        on A.R.E. you'd see that there is an official
                        Eckankar connection or else there would be
                        reprisals coming from the ESC (Klemp) to
                        prevent and eliminate thses negative behaviours
                        from spreading. However, that's not the case
                        and, therefore, the nut cases (as above, so
                        below) feel that Klemp is turning a Blind-Eye
                        to it all. Thus, HK empowers them by giving
                        his (silent) approval to it all. It could very well
                        be that this sicko is only pretending (as if) to
                        dislike Klemp in order to throw us and others
                        off his tracks. He's probably an ECK Youth,
                        or seems he is because he appears spiritually
                        immature. His spiritual growth, more than
                        likely, has become stunted via LEM/Mahanta
                        Co-Dependency. No Self-Mastery or Spiritual
                        Liberation/Freedom in THIS lifetime for him
                        or any other ECKist!

                        Prometheus

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                          I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
                          an error on the Yahoo server.

                          Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
                          if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
                          of the e-mail either publicly or privately?

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                            One of the reasons I use a pseudo is to steer clear
                            of the nutters who might choose to attack me or my
                            family.

                            <jonathanjohns96@...> wrote:

                            > I just noticed that I used my real first name. That's OK because I
                            plan on posting my Diary of my inner experiences on the Internet and I
                            was going to use my first name.

                            > Also, I am going to use this unwanted and threatening email to
                            motivate me to go back through my posts on ESA and write a short ebook
                            entitled something like "Why I left Eckankar: A personal story." I'll
                            post it on the Internet as a free PDF.

                            > By the way people can continbue to address me as Jonathan. I'll
                            use my real name in the records of my Diary.

                            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Johns
                            <jonathanjohns96@> wrote:

                            > > I had no idea my email was going to be posted on the message
                            board. But since it did get posted, I maight as well post a more
                            detailed version of the email addresses. The first one (sent on the
                            9th) was the one that threatened me with sexual violence.

                            > > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
                            wrote:

                            > > From: Jonathan Johns <jonathanjohns96@>
                            > > Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] I received two unwanted
                            emails, one was threatening
                            > > To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
                            > > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 1:01 AM
                            > >

                            > > Prometheus,
                            > >
                            > > I recently received two unwanted emails, one was threatening.
                            They were mailed on Dec 9 and Dec 10. They were a follow-up to one on
                            my posts on ESA. I read them for the first time around Dec 24.

                            > > What, if anything, should I do about it?
                            > >
                            > > Alan

                          • jonathanjohns96
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
                              Etznab,

                              I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

                              I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

                              Jonathan

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 4, 2010
                                I understand.

                                I wasn't able to view the attached picture file, or whatever was
                                attached to your initial posts on the subject.

                                It doesn't matter. Probably best to just delete it and mark the sender
                                as spam. I agree.

                                I've thought it over and I have decided that I am not really
                                comfortable forwarding pornographic spam to anyone, no matter the
                                format or whatever. So I hope you understand.

                                I'm sure this type of spam occurs all the time on the Internet and on
                                Yahoo's message boards, and Yahoo would need an army of investigators
                                to research it all. So I am going to just move forward.

                                Jonathan

                                > I couldn't view the attachment file. Something about
                                > an error on the Yahoo server.
                                >
                                > Still catching up on e-mails (have more to read) but,
                                > if someone hasn't already, could I get a text version
                                > of the e-mail either publicly or privately?
                                >
                                > Etznab

                              • ctecvie
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 5, 2010
                                  Hi Jonathan,

                                  I received one or two too - of the same kind it seems. I just deleted and forgot them.

                                  Take care,

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 6, 2010