HK: Attention! ECK Stories Needed... Desperately!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2009
      The following "Announcement" is displayed
      in Eckankar's December 2009 H.I. Letter:

      "Spotlight on High Initiates

      You are invited to share your experience
      as an ECK H.I. with your fellow Brothers
      of the Leaf. Please send any of the following:

      * Your personal experiences and insights
      relating to the Mahanta, the ECK teachings,
      and serving as an ECK H.I. [the Negative
      too?]

      * Photos of H.I.'s in ECK activities, especially
      in action, sharing and enjoying ECK.
      ["in action" means no poses with fake
      smiles?]

      * Poems that express your love for the
      SUGMAD and the Mahanta, and being
      a Co-worker in ECK. [When will HK
      "share" his poems?]

      Send submissions to: Eckankar, Att: The
      H.I. Letter, PO Box 2000, Chanhassen, MN
      55317-2000 USA. Or e-mail them to
      hil@.... (Submissions may be
      edited for clarity and length.) Thanks for
      sharing!"

      ******
      That last disclaimer of "submissions may
      be edited for clarity" is interesting since
      H.I.s should already have mastered the
      4th Mental Plane and, thus, have "clarity"
      of mind. LOL!
      ******

      Next, is an example of the kind of
      delusional story, from a longtime H.I.,
      that Klemp is looking for:

      "Of Science and The Shariyat

      I read an article in Scientific American
      (May 2008) reporting that an individual's
      genetic code may continuously change
      after birth due to various environmental
      influences. This got me thinking. This
      discovery may open the door of science
      to finding real biological transformations
      and HEALING EFFECTS of LONG-TERM
      PRACTICING OF SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES.
      To me, this all seems to correspond
      to the 'rechemicalization' process mentioned
      in The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book 1, p. 143.
      So let's hear it for the Spiritual Excercises
      of ECK. Hip-hip, hooray!" - Phil Dunn, FL.

      [My CAPS were added to the above
      "insights."]

      Yes! Look at how the "Healing Effects
      of Long-Term Practicing of Spiritual
      Disciplines/Exercises" have helped
      Klemp! When does the "Benjamin
      Button" effect kick-in? LOL!

      Below is the old (1970) PT Shariyat
      quote that inspired this H.I.'s delayed
      and delusional revelation concerning
      Science [that one's genetic code may
      be continuously changing] and the
      ability to use this for healing via the
      Spiritual Exercises. It has long been
      known that too much stress can have
      negative effects and that meditation
      can alleviate stress. However, this H.I.
      concludes that these changes in one's
      genetic code could be affected, for healing
      purposes, by using the "spiritual exercises."

      He supports his conclusions by making
      a correlation with this article of scientific
      discovery and with Twitchell's karmic
      "rechemicalization" theory. However, this
      H.I. misinterprets Paul's PR warning/threat
      that unless one follows the Living ECK Master
      (LEM) they will build up an unbalanced
      amount of "bad" karma.

      Paul, basically, states that one should
      Not be seeking "good" health effects
      because this is karmic "attachment"
      to the physical body. ECK is the "Middle
      Path" and, thus, Detachment (from Lower
      Plane effects) should be practiced in order
      to reach "the gates of heaven." Thus, one's
      Attention Should Not be on good or bad
      (health and/or healing), nor on the positive
      and negative effects of the physical body
      or world.

      "Burning off of karma is the state of
      rechemicalization. It is something man
      must go through while living on this earth.
      Man should be able to do this under the
      Living ECK Master. If he is under any other
      guide here on earth, this is NOT likely to
      happen. He will be receiving more bad
      karma than good and will be overbalanced
      on the negative side. He needs to be
      balanced only in the middle way, not
      on either side. Only when he can walk
      the middle path of ECK can he leave
      the Wheel of the Eighty-Four and find
      the gates of heaven."

      What's really interesting is that in
      Klemp's front page article he uses
      a lot of "BUTS" when giving advice
      on healthy eating. Nowhere did
      Klemp mention doing the "Spiritual
      Exercises of ECK" for healing or for
      health!

      Plus, isn't it interesting that Klemp
      didn't notice this H.I.'s misinterpretation
      (or his own) of Twitchell's karmic
      rechemicalization "Middle Path of
      ECK" comments. When one looks at
      Klemp's selling of Eckankar it seems
      imbalanced. It's no wonder HK and
      Company can't see the forest due to
      the trees!

      Prometheus
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
        Nice commentary, Prometheus.

        Regarding the submission of stories from HIs to Eckankar headquarters. My discussion will relate mostly to inner expereinces.

        Yes, the stories will be edited. And it probably won't be merely for clarity and length, but the "powers that be " at Eckankar will edit out anything that doesn't agree with Eckankar's present advertizing campaign designed to bring new people into Eckankar. In other words, The Eckankar office in Chanhassen will edit out anything that is different than what is taught by Klemp in the present Eck literature and talks by Klemp.

        But more than that, any HI who has had "unusual" or "different" or "controversial" experiences already knows that you have to just keep your mouth shut, or at most tell only a trusted friend in Eckankar. Although, even that is risky because after all, that person might "inform on you" or at least that is the fear that a lot of members in Eckankar have.

        So Eckankar isn't a very indidvidual religion since if your inner experiences are different that the official Eckankar story line, you cant't tell anybody about them. Just ask Graham Forsyth. He had some very unusual experiences, and seeking help, he told two HIs who were unable to help him. Some of his experiences where eventually passed on to Klemp through Ford Johnson. Both Graham and Ford expected some help, but instead of receiving understanding and compassion Graham was slam-dunked by Klemp who took Graham's experiences personally as a direct affront to his (Klemp's) supreme power as the ruler of Eckankar.

        So anyone sending stories into Eckankar should be careful. I don't want to put a fear-based curse on any members of Eckankar, but if your experiences differ from the official Eckankar story line, they probably are not welcome.

        So for a religion that constantly preaches how much it is for the individual, it really doesn't work out that way. Sure it is individual, but only in your own mind since you can't share it with anyone.

        Now for my second topic. Originally, Eckankar (Paul and Darwin) taught that healing yourself was wrong! Specifically, they stated that using Sprit to heal yourself was wrong. I can remember in one of Darwin's tapes he tells a humorous story about his trip to the dentist. The dentist asks him "Whay do you do for a living?" Darwin relies "I am a healer." Of course, everyone in the Eck audience chuckled becasue thay saw the irony in a healer going to a health professonal to be healed. Darwin intended it to be funny. But Darwin goes onto explain "I can't direct Divine Spirit toward myself to heal myself because it is in violation of spiritual law." So this was the standard teaching on this subject by Darwin, and, I presume, Paul.

        I think Klemp went along with this initially, so I was surprised when Klemp started saying that you could visualize light on various parts of your body to heal yourself. I said to myself "Wait a minute! Isn't that against the teachings of Eckankar!?" But it seems that since that event which was probably as much as ten years ago, Klemp has suggested more and more ways to heal yourself.

        Maybe I am exaggerating things, but this seems like one more example of contardictions in Eckankar. On the other hand, maybe I should give Klemp some credit for "changing" this because I think the original attitude by Paul and Darwin was flawed. I think that healing yourself is OK. Let's face it, everything is a manifrestation of Spirit, so even if I just put a bandage on a cut, aren't I manipulating Spirit to help heal myself? Of course I am. Manipulating energy is just getting to things/problems at a more subtle energy level.

        Not to mention that I knew several people in Eckankar who were "energy healers" for mamy, many years. I always wondered how these people continued as members of Eckankar, but I guess they decided on their own that energy healing was OK, and bravo to them for having the courage to do that. Anyway, Klemp is finally coming around to their way of thinking so they relaly have nothing to worry about now.

        Last topic. Regarding the discussion of positive health effects from doing the spritual exercises of Eckankar, is Klemp stealing a page from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's book? Maharishi said that if "x" number of people would practice Transcendental Meditation daily, eventually the "Maharishi Effect" would kick in and bring world peace. Is Eckankar going to start promoting a similar idea? I'm suggesting this now because it just sounds kooky enough that Eckankar might start doing this.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2009
          Hello Jonathan,
          I enjoyed reading your responses
          too and would like to comment on
          the three topics you listed below.

          jonathanjohns wrote:

          "Nice commentary, Prometheus.

          Regarding the submission of stories from
          HIs to Eckankar headquarters. My discussion
          will relate mostly to inner expereinces.

          Yes, the stories will be edited. And it probably
          won't be merely for clarity and length, but
          the "powers that be " at Eckankar will edit
          out anything that doesn't agree with Eckankar's
          present advertising campaign designed to
          bring new people into Eckankar. In other
          words, The Eckankar office in Chanhassen
          will edit out anything that is different than
          what is taught by Klemp in the present Eck
          literature and talks by Klemp.

          But more than that, any HI who has had "unusual"
          or "different" or "controversial" experiences already
          knows that you have to just keep your mouth
          shut, or at most tell only a trusted friend in Eckankar.
          Although, even that is risky because after all, that
          person might "inform on you" or at least that is
          the fear that a lot of members in Eckankar have."

          P- This is so true! If ECKists can't say anything
          nice (false), fake it, or follow the party line of what
          is expected. The RESA and other higher-ups, in the
          local Satsang Society, will remember the negative
          when one's name comes down from the ESA for
          approval for initiation. Anyone with any common
          sense or has contact with the local EK leadership
          learns the initiation survival techniques of Silence,
          Service and Surrender over the years. People must
          comply and conform in order to advance in Eckankar.

          "So Eckankar isn't a very indidvidual religion since
          if your inner experiences are different that the official
          Eckankar story line, you cant't tell anybody about them.
          Just ask Graham Forsyth. He had some very unusual
          experiences, and seeking help, he told two HIs who
          were unable to help him. Some of his experiences where
          eventually passed on to Klemp through Ford Johnson.
          Both Graham and Ford expected some help, but instead
          of receiving understanding and compassion Graham
          was slam-dunked by Klemp who took Graham's experiences
          personally as a direct affront to his (Klemp's) supreme
          power as the ruler of Eckankar."

          P- Yes! Klemp's knee-jerk reaction toward Graham
          lacked compassion and understanding. It was just
          a dream for God's sake! Yet, Graham got demoted
          to a 1st initiate! Talk about intimidation! Klemp
          made Graham into an example for all to see and
          to fear.

          "So anyone sending stories into Eckankar should be
          careful. I don't want to put a fear-based curse on any
          members of Eckankar, but if your experiences differ from
          the official Eckankar story line, they probably are not
          welcome."

          P- I was always careful as to what I put in my
          H.I.ROs because HK's goon squad (who reads
          them) will red flag certain comments. The repercussions
          of this (getting put into one's file) will show up
          as a longer wait-of-time between initiations, or
          No initiations will come At All until your initiations
          are "unfrozen" by your next RESA. I've seen Initiations
          being frozen on a 4th, 5th and a 6th initiate, although,
          this was done for various reasons involving a
          "lack of self-discipline!"

          "So for a religion that constantly preaches how much
          it is for the individual, it really doesn't work out that
          way. Sure it is individual, but only in your own mind
          since you can't share it with anyone.

          Now for my second topic. Originally, Eckankar (Paul
          and Darwin) taught that healing yourself was wrong!
          Specifically, they stated that using Sprit to heal
          yourself was wrong. I can remember in one of Darwin's
          tapes he tells a humorous story about his trip to the
          dentist. The dentist asks him "What do you do for a
          living?" Darwin relies "I am a healer." Of course, everyone
          in the Eck audience chuckled becasue thay saw the irony
          in a healer going to a health professonal to be healed.
          Darwin intended it to be funny. But Darwin goes onto
          explain "I can't direct Divine Spirit toward myself to heal
          myself because it is in violation of spiritual law." So this
          was the standard teaching on this subject by Darwin,
          and, I presume, Paul."

          P- PT & DG seemed to have a bassackwards/ass backwards
          approach to this. According to the current EK religious
          dogma IF one Heals others then there is Karma involved
          [next comes the disclaimer for "professionals"], but anyone
          hoping to be a 500 year old EK Master, like the fictitious
          RT, should be able to heal oneself! Too bad PT or DG didn't
          explain how RT could get away with it. Isn't that a part
          of learning Self-Mastery? Thus, this is why Klemp has
          to use New Age Healers/Health Care Practitioners versus
          using the ECK (Spirit). Klemp hasn't learned Self-Mastery
          himself!

          "I think Klemp went along with this initially, so I was
          surprised when Klemp started saying that you could
          visualize light on various parts of your body to heal
          yourself. I said to myself "Wait a minute! Isn't that
          against the teachings of Eckankar!?" But it seems that
          since that event which was probably as much as ten
          years ago, Klemp has suggested more and more ways
          to heal yourself."

          P- This is true! HK said the "orange light" was for
          a Physical healing and the "blue light" was for a
          Mental healing. Now, it seems Klemp is talking
          about using Physical means versus Spiritual and
          tuning into radio shows like:
          www.weightandwellness.com or seeing "qualified
          practitioners" and "licensed nutritionists" for help.
          Once again, Klemp plays the role as Middleman!

          "Maybe I am exaggerating things, but this seems
          like one more example of contradictions in Eckankar.
          On the other hand, maybe I should give Klemp some
          credit for "changing" this because I think the original
          attitude by Paul and Darwin was flawed. I think that
          healing yourself is OK. Let's face it, everything is a
          manifestation of Spirit, so even if I just put a bandage
          on a cut, aren't I manipulating Spirit to help heal myself?
          Of course I am. Manipulating energy is just getting to
          things/problems at a more subtle energy level."

          P- Klemp is just a different kind of phony!

          "Not to mention that I knew several people in Eckankar
          who were "energy healers" for many, many years. I always
          wondered how these people continued as members of
          Eckankar, but I guess they decided on their own that
          energy healing was OK, and bravo to them for having
          the courage to do that. Anyway, Klemp is finally coming
          around to their way of thinking so they relaly have nothing
          to worry about now."

          P- I did practice Reiki at one time, as well as, some
          other forms of healing (free of charge), but stopped
          after I heard the EK warnings. I'm thinking that the
          warnings are mostly to scare off the competition,
          and because the LEM's don't know how to deal with
          It (ECK) coming from those "lower" than 14th initiates.
          The Top Dog Mahanta needs to remain King of the
          Hill. Thus, in Eckankar, no one is allowed to do healing
          except invisible (fake) EK Masters and the LEM/Mahanta.
          However, All Healings that the Invisible EK Masters
          and that Klemp claims are subjective and are done
          on the "Inner" and are of Less Value (or are less
          impressive) than what other believers, of other
          religions, experience!

          "Last topic. Regarding the discussion of positive health
          effects from doing the spiritual exercises of Eckankar, is
          Klemp stealing a page from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's book?
          Maharishi said that if "x" number of people would practice
          Transcendental Meditation daily, eventually the "Maharishi
          Effect" would kick in and bring world peace. Is Eckankar
          going to start promoting a similar idea? I'm suggesting this
          now because it just sounds kooky enough that Eckankar
          might start doing this."

          P- Yep! Been there (TM), done that, and bought the
          tee-shirt too! Klemp just rehashes, re-spins, repackages
          everything that PT & DG gave us... as well as his own
          crap too!

          BTW- I was reading "The Over-Soul" essay by
          Ralph Waldo Emerson and was reminded of
          some of the things (words, thoughts and concepts)
          that both Twitchell and Klemp have stolen from
          others and have portrayed as their own. I especially
          thought of PT's "Stranger by the River" and how
          easy it would be to paraphrase passages from
          Emerson's works in order to create "Stranger."