A Newcomer on the Scene....

  • zephrendhun
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2009

      I have been a part of the community here for just a little while. But, I have found most of the topics discussed here completely refreshing. Having been a member of EK-ankar (intentional spelling) since the early 1970's, I have seen many changes take place. I was a member of the clergy, an initiator, and a ESA and took my duties very seriously. However, I now see that the culture of the Path of Harry has become a thorn in the side of most rational folks that have been with the path for a while. Thus, if one hasn't left the organization, he or she wrestles with the thought of continuing. I don't think that Paul Twitchell would condone the current direction of Harry's Way as it has lost all of the thrill and excitement of the original organization. Instead it, as you have mentioned or alluded to, has become a watered down version of Lutheranism.

      However, I am grateful to Paul for having offered a version of Shabda Yoga ( Radha Soami, Surat Shab Yoga, etc ) for me to learn about this wonderful science of realization via the Holy Life Stream. Sadly, it is the deception and subterfuge that has been perpetuated by each of the Living Masters that makes the path smell of falsity. However, the teachings themselves or the method of realization is valid. It, not Ek-ankar, is an ancient method for achieving realization as it will always be. Additionally, there is only ONE linking to the Life Stream that is necessary. All other so called initiations are indeed a method of maintaining 'client base' to support the organization's continuance.

      Lastly, here is a question worth considering. Why is it that all of the other variations of this teaching are clouded by each re-inventor's need to have come up with something unique and rare. From, Ching Hai, Jerry Mulvin, John Roger (among others)to Pauldarwinharold Twichellgrossklemp. All have come up with extraodinary myths about the origin of their most perfect Paths to realization? It's all the same 'Way' rehashed again and again. But for what? I honestly believe it is so these folks can keep their jobs of being Supreme Masters and wayshowers. LOL. It's really funny. But, religion is big business.

      Ok, I know I had forgotten something. Why is it that Marge Klemp isn't spoken of in the same way as Joan Klemp. Hasn't she served long enough and diligently enough to have received Harry's 12th initiation?
      She certainly has served the "EK" as much, maybe more. By the way, did Harry mention his wife's ascendance to ECK Mastership at the World-wide as was rumored?

      Thanks for letting me introduce myself and thanks Promethius for this wonderful forum.

      zephrendhun
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2009
        Some good questions there. IMO.

        I was almost afraid to open the e-mail post
        because it had a name I never saw before.
        I thought it might be another anonymous
        poster from hell (there's been some of that
        going round lately). I was pleasantly sur-
        prised to see you weren't one of them :)

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2009
          Etznab,

          Thanks for taking a chance on me. LOL. No, I'm not one of them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2009
            Hello Z,
            Welcome and thanks for the post.
            I use to take my EK duties very
            seriously... too seriously! I'd change
            and was too intense and watchful
            when at the center, the seminars,
            on the phone (corded), or at other
            EK events. Of course, being watchful
            and seeing that the "guidelines"
            were being followed was part of
            my job and the RESA's assignment.

            As far as Shabda Yoga or Radhasoami
            and Ruhani Satsang it is somewhat
            interesting upon first inspection as
            is Eckankar, however, these to are
            flawed religions. Any "living Master"
            can only impart Mental Plane concepts
            that can be learned in a book. The
            key is to learn and become your own
            Master just as these others did... except
            for Klemp and many others like him
            who inherited or created their positions.
            They are posers! No real Master needs
            to be called "Master."

            BTW- You said:
            "Ok, I know I had forgotten something.
            Why is it that Marge Klemp isn't spoken
            of in the same way as Joan Klemp. Hasn't
            she served long enough and diligently
            enough to have received Harry's 12th
            initiation? She certainly has served the
            "EK" as much, maybe more. By the way,
            did Harry mention his wife's ascendance
            to ECK Mastership at the World-wide
            as was rumored?"

            Well, since Marge is living in the
            San Diego area and not Eden Prairie
            nor works at the ESC she is outside
            of Klemp's Inner Circle (Board) even
            though she's an 8th initiate. And,
            she's not sleeping with him!

            Joan, on the other hand, works at
            the ESC and is HK's eyes and ears,
            is a 9th initiate, and sleeps with
            Harry! I didn't pay to listen to HK's
            talk and don't know if it was announced
            that Joan was given a promotion.
            It could be that "if" the promotion
            did happen that this would be mentioned
            in the next Mystic World instead of
            at the seminar because some Eckists
            might become confused and think
            it (the 12th) meant that Joan was,
            also, the new LEM. A printed (visual)
            announcement with an ekplanation
            might be the best way to approach
            this news.

            Still, it makes one wonder about
            Eckankar's claims of being so advanced
            over all other religions when Kata
            Daki is the only female ECK Master!
            If Eckankar is so spiritual and high,
            as a teaching, and was always
            "underground" and hidden from
            the public anyway... Why was there
            only one Female ECK Master?

            As I stated before... during the
            Golden Age (and the Silver Age
            too) the good "positive" vibrations
            of those Ages had to have been
            in perfect balance, thus, the neg.
            female atom would help in giving
            this balance since there were more
            "positive" vibrations. Therefore,
            there should have been numerous
            female ECK Masters because their
            "negative atoms" would have helped
            to have maintained balance throughout
            the Ages and would have given
            harmony and balance to this consciousness.
            Thus, to have only one Female ECK
            Master makes Eckankar look like
            a typical male dominated religion
            that is not as old as it claims.