Re: PT's: The Way of Eckankar Series, Lecture Two

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hello Etznab and All,
      My copy of "THE WAY OF ECKANKAR
      SERIES" By Sri Paul Twitchell is a small
      booklet (*212 pages). I've had it forever
      it seems.

      Here's a list the titled contents:

      Lecture Number 1
      The Purpose of Eckankar (pgs. 1-30)

      Lecture Number Two
      ECKANKAR as a Path to God (pgs. 31-48)

      Lecture Number Three
      The Paradox of the Universe (pgs. 49-67)

      Lecture Number Four
      Reading the Akashic Records (pgs. 69-86)

      Lecture Number Five
      Levels of Understanding (pgs. 87-105)

      Lecture Number Six
      The Keystone of God (pgs. 107-123)

      The next page has a photo of "Paulji
      greeting chelas." Gail is two feet behind
      Paul and her hair is up in a bun. I've
      seen the one older man before, standing
      in front of Paul and to his right, but can't
      recall his name.

      *Now, the page numbers take a jump!

      Rudiments of the ECK Satsang
      Part 1 (1968)
      By Sri Paul Twitchell (pgs. 197-212)

      BTW- This last article flows very well
      compared to the previous ones, thus,
      it shows Gail's editing skills. This is
      another reason why I say that Gail is
      as responsible for the lying and the
      con as much as Twitchell. Plus, Gail
      profited even more than Paul when
      she sold his copyrights to Eckankar
      for $500,000 way back then. This
      amount equates to millions in today's
      money!

      One more thing. PT mentions this
      Judge Troward again. This time it's
      in Lecture Number 4. I'll have to
      Google this guy to see what, if anything,
      shows up.

      Oh, one more thing! I'll have to
      post what Paul says about the HU
      (circa 1966-67) in "Lecture Number
      Six, The Keystone to God." It's really
      incredible!

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:

      According to Twitchell Eckankar is actually
      the "Naacal Religion" from "Venus!" Do EK
      Vahanas or Klemp ever mention this little
      known fact to the public or on Eckankar.org?
      I don't think so! I wonder why not? Isn't this
      an important part of Eckankar's history
      and lineage? Why isn't it called The
      Church of Naacal? Or, Naacal, Religion
      of the L & S of God. Maybe Klemp should
      make the change to the original name!

      Prometheus,

      Where does that come from? Is it in a book,
      or a discourse?

      I'm not sure if I've read that before. Was it a
      discontinued discourse?

      Will have to check and see if I have a copy.

      That was something about Naacal's & Venus.

      No. I haven't heard anybody talking about this
      lately. In fact, I don't know that I've ever heard
      it mentioned. Not Naacal's & Venus together.

      Etznab

      ******

      The following excerpts are from "Lecture
      Number Two" [08/1966] of "The Way of
      Eckankar Series" by Paul Twitchell.

      "Eckankar as a Path to God:

      ... But there are actually three major
      fields, that you can break all of this
      down in. The FIRST one is the intellectual
      field or the PATH of the INTELLECT,
      which is concerned with the mind.

      This is all of the lower areas of, I'd
      say the field of the mind... this was
      actually opened up in modern times
      by Judge Troward in about 1890, in
      what he called New Thought... the
      field of New Thought grew a number
      of other groups like the Christian
      Science Church, Church of Religious
      Sciences and many other groups...
      It is a field in formal education that
      we are working in--to sharpen the
      senses, the physical senses, to get
      all of the understanding through the
      physical senses... Now mind you this
      is all right when we are living in this
      physical world, but it comes back to
      the point that this is completely and
      opposite of the spiritual law and the
      spiritual action, the modus operandi
      of Spirit.

      {more of my caps follow}

      We come then into a SECOND FIELD,
      in which we call the COSMIC CONSCIENCE
      PATH... It can start here in the physical
      world and it can work up to the SOUL
      PLANE. The COSMIC CONSCIENCE
      is a word for GOD-ENLIGHTENMENT,
      or GOD-KNOWLEDGE, or GOD-
      REALIZATION, which is false terminology
      for it, BUT we find this is a field that,
      in which the Vedantas, the Hindu religions,
      many of the eastern religions will fall
      under because they are actually working
      for this COSMIC CONSCIENCE and in
      other words, they are illuminating the
      inner senses so that they will have what
      we term the WORD, WISDOM and
      KNOWLEDGE. And this is what we're
      seeking, actually the WISDOM of GOD
      which is a violation of the LAW of the
      SPIRIT.

      I had explained some of this in my
      August letter [ECKANKAR: Illuminated
      Way Letters, August 1966, pg.17] which
      will be out in a few days BUT very briefly,
      this seems to be the thing. It becomes
      a fad and a vogue for many people to
      study the complexities of the eastern
      religions, to learn how to find their way
      to God through the illuminated or the
      cosmic conscience state. Now this of
      itself is, to me, a wrong path although
      it is another path.

      The THIRD PATH is a path of BILOCATION,
      or that which we know as SOUL TRAVEL.
      ... This is an Ancient Path, which came
      out of the misty past. There was Many,
      Many Centuries ago, ABOUT THE BEGINNING
      OF THE TIME OF EARTH, A RELIGION
      THAT WAS FORMED THAT CAME OFF
      THE PLANET, VENUS, AND WENT DOWN
      THROUGH THE SPIRITUAL CITY OF
      AGAM DES, AND THEY CALLED IT AT
      THAT TIME, THE NAACAL RELIGION.
      Anyway, it was a religion that was formed
      out of the SOUL FLIGHT, which has become
      now as ECKANKAR today. The records
      of this are kept in the TWO or THREE,
      I believe it's TWO, very remote monasteries
      in TIBET, in which they have not been invaded
      by the Chinese yet.

      BUT no one will be able to get to these,
      because it is well guarded and the monks
      there and the abbots keep a very strict
      watch over them, and they have some
      of the records in the city, the spiritual
      city of Agam Des, which is up in the
      wildest part of the Himalayan Mountains
      in what is called the Hindu Kush range.
      I say some of those peaks there run up
      into fifteen, twenty-five thousand feet
      high. And even when planes come down
      through those mountains out of those
      Eastern countries like PERSIA and
      Russia, they have to fly between the
      mountains. They never fly over them
      because they go so high that the question
      of oxygen--they can't get oxygen or
      the planes pressurized at that height.

      Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say
      here--that these are three paths, the
      overall paths that we follow to that of
      reaching the Ultimate... the Mental
      Path... the Cosmic Conscience Path...
      the Soul Path...

      We of ourselves cannot change anyone's
      consciousness. IF we do change anyone's
      consciousness, then we take the burden
      of that upon ourselves. In a sense, this is
      a type of karma. We are putting ourselves
      in a position of saying that we are actually
      taking responsibility for making the change
      within this individual...

      Now, this is why that many of those who
      are called High Masters may die of an
      early age, or die of an affliction, or an
      incurable disease, is because he, of
      himself, has picked this up from someone
      else, and he Does Not in some form
      throw it off for some reason that it is
      unknown to us, perhaps that he gets
      stuck with this, and he Cannot get it out
      of his consciousness, or he Does Not
      allow it to go into the stream of the
      HOLY SPIRIT and be dissolved by
      itself. The longer that it stays within
      us, is the harder that it becomes...

      This point, which I briefly will go to
      now as to the Seeking of WISDOM,
      is that which I spoke about a few
      minutes ago, that WE SHOULD NEVER
      SEEK THE ASPECTS OF GOD, or
      the ATTRIBUTES OF GOD. And
      WISDOM is one of the ATTRIBUTES
      like Wisdom, Love, Karma, Cause and
      Effect, and the other attributes.

      We then are only seeking the Lower
      part, the Lower things of God, instead
      of seeking the fullness. We must seek
      the one thing, and the one thing is the
      Ultimate Reality. And when we do this,
      then we ourselves must enter in as I
      said in the last lecture, assume the role
      of that who is in this state of consciousness."
      [end]

      Isn't it interesting that Twitchell [in Aug. 1966]
      has referred to Cosmic Conscience as being
      the same as God-Realization! Plus, PT mentioned
      the Holy Spirit at different times in this lecture
      and never mentions the ECK. Also, PT mentions
      the "Ultimate Reality" but not Sugmad! And,
      there's no mention of the Mahanta either!
      What's this about Not seeking Wisdom, Love,
      Karma, and Cause and Effect. BTW- Didn't
      PT know that Cause and Effect is Karma!

      Plus, Twit mentions "High Masters" who die
      at an early age because they are unable to
      let go of Karma and send it to the Holy Spirit
      to be dissolved! Is this why Twitchell died at
      an early age? Reading this was quite fun
      because I could tell when Twit was making
      it all up (lying) as he went along during his
      twisting of facts. Actually, one just needs to
      see when he's moving his lips to know when
      he's lying!

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
        Prometheus,

        Thanks for sharing about that. It seems like
        new information to me. I don't know that the
        booklet is available anymore.

        Does it mention Rebazar Tarzs at all?

        etznab wrote:

[...]

        =0
        Ainto fifteen, twenty-five thousand feet

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
          Hello All,
          These 6 Lectures were given
          at a Three Day Las Vegas
          seminar/event around late
          July or early Aug. 1966.

          Paul stated in Lecture 2,
          "I had explained some of this
          in my August letter [ECKANKAR:
          Illuminated Way Letters, August
          1966, pg. 17] which will be out
          in a few days..."

          Paul states, near the end of
          his last lecture, "With that I'm
          going to close this series on
          The Way of ECKANKAR, which
          has been given here in Las Vegas
          for the last three days."

          BTW-The First World Wide
          Seminar was held at the
          Tropicana Hotel, Las Vegas,
          in Oct. 1967.

          Etznab- No, Paul never mentions
          any of the EK Masters in these
          lectures or even in the 1968
          "Rudiments of the ECK Satsang."

          Apparently The Kandjur was
          an early book Paul highly prized,
          but this was later put in Eckankar:
          Compiled Writings Volume 1.
          Paul stated that he gave a talk
          to a small group in Honolulu in
          Feb. 1961 and shared this with
          them and it's in The Kandjur.

          "... the actual work of ECK is that
          in which we say that it is a responsibility
          for ECK, of Itself, to give liberation
          of Soul to every nation and to every
          individual in this world. IT is the
          only legitimate spiritual force today.
          IT is the divine legal power authorized
          by the Divine, or the Supreme Diety."

          Lecture Six Excerpts:

          "... the Word, or what we sometimes
          call 'Nam' in the Hindustani language.
          NAM is the basis upon which the whole
          creative force of God is built.

          Now we have to add to this actually,
          Light and Sound, and Light is the basis
          of that which we come into for under-
          standing and knowledge and wisdom."

          [However, Paul now contradicts himself
          from what he said in Lecture 2:

          "...what we term the WORD, WISDOM
          and KNOWLEDGE. And this is what we're
          seeking, actually the WISDOM of GOD
          which is A Violation of the LAW of the
          SPIRIT...

          This point, which I briefly will go to
          now as to the Seeking of WISDOM,
          is that which I spoke about a few
          minutes ago, that WE SHOULD NEVER
          SEEK THE ASPECTS OF GOD, or
          the ATTRIBUTES OF GOD. And
          WISDOM is one of the ATTRIBUTES
          like Wisdom, Love, Karma, Cause and
          Effect, and the other attributes.
          We then are only seeking the Lower
          part, the Lower things of God, instead
          of seeking the fullness."]

          Thus, ECKists Should NOT seek "LOVE"
          and "WISDOM" and other "lower things"
          or "aspects" and "attributes of God."
          This is a violation of Spiritual Law!

          Lecture Six continues:

          "But the Sound is the creative force
          that builds. It comes out of what we
          call the Throne of God or the Ultimate,
          actually the center of creations, of all
          creations... on the astral plane we will
          hear a sound that is similar to the roaring
          of oceans... the mental plane [etheric]
          we will hear it as bees, and to other
          planes we will hear it as flutes [Soul plane],
          and as the sound of a conch shell [?],
          and on and on like this, until we get
          up to the highest plane, and then all
          of these sounds come together."

          Note: On the Worlds of ECK Chart, on
          page 232, in the HK's ECKankar Lexicon
          there are only Ten Planes (and their sounds)
          listed below the "Ocean of Love and Mercy."

          *PT continues Lecture Six with info on
          the use of OM, AUM, and HU. He shows
          how chanting HU can be used to "uplift"
          oneself "economically" as he has.

          "This is why that the Hindus use the
          word OM or AUM for their chanting.
          Now, in the Masons or in some of these
          esoteric groups they use another word
          which generally is familiar to us, and
          that is a word AMEN. And if you use
          this word properly, it will be actually
          a sound because they have the A and
          M in it--A-MENNNNN. Now, distinguish
          that from the word OM--OOO-MMMM,
          or AUM--AAA-UUU-MMMMM. The true
          word is actually HU or H-UU-MMM,
          and as you get higher into the other
          worlds it will be cut short to HU, or
          H-UUUUUU. OR you could give it as
          HUUU. See the vibrations that goes
          with that, so simple. Lots of times the
          word OM is actually HU--OOOO-
          MMMMMM.

          ... I would go down to the seashore
          at times, and I would chant OM or
          I would chant another word, or I'd
          chant the HU, or I'd chant something
          that I knew that had a great vibratory
          liftment [higher than HU?]. I could even
          be down economically, I could be down
          in many things, and I would start chanting
          this as I walked up and down the beach,
          and all of a sudden I was lifted, just
          completely up, away from all of the
          problems that I was facing at the time.

          I've many times, I've not had anything
          in the mails for several days, checks
          or anything of that nature, and I'd go
          out and do some chanting and go home
          and find a check laying in the mail box.
          Putting the two together, you'd say, well,
          this may have been coincidental. It might
          have been, but the fact was, that I was
          lifting myself into a position of acceptance
          for something. I was lifting myself in the
          position where, even in the future, the
          near future, something would start working
          into my life that would be of benefit to
          me.

          Now, this doesn't only go for economics
          or your lower life plane but it also goes
          for the higher planes." [end]

          What's interesting about this is that
          Ford Johnson teaches about his Master
          Principle of Manifestation which sounds
          like what Paul was teaching. By using
          the Word or Sound, like the HU etc.,
          to improve one's economics and state-
          of-mind or physical and mental health
          prepares one for higher plane visitation
          and experiences.

          However, Klemp teaches the opposite.
          One is Not to direct the HU Chant, and
          Klemp has invoked strict rules/guidelines
          (i.e. safeguards) to prevent this from
          happening. The chela must go through
          a middleman, Klemp, and Not direct the
          HU, via the Sound (ECK), to reach the
          Divine Sugmad. This way Klemp controls
          the EK follower (forever) and squeezes
          money from them on an on-going basis.
          SWEEEET!

          Hello Etznab and All,
          My copy of "THE WAY OF ECKANKAR
          SERIES" By Sri Paul Twitchell is a small
          booklet (*212 pages). I've had it forever
          it seems.

          Here's a list the titled contents:

          Lecture Number 1
          The Purpose of Eckankar (pgs. 1-30)

          Lecture Number Two
          ECKANKAR as a Path to God (pgs. 31-48)

          Lecture Number Three
          The Paradox of the Universe (pgs. 49-67)
          [AKA "The Riddle of the Universe"]

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
            Prometheus,

            Thanks a whole lot for sharing all that!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 30, 2010
              Checking messages 4977, 4980
              and 4983 I couldn't tell what
              the copyright for that book.