PT's: The Way of Eckankar Series, Lecture Two

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
      The following excerpts are from "Lecture
      Number Two" [08/1966] of "The Way of
      Eckankar Series" by Paul Twitchell.

      "Eckankar as a Path to God:

      ... But there are actually three major
      fields, that you can break all of this
      down in. The FIRST one is the intellectual
      field or the PATH of the INTELLECT,
      which is concerned with the mind.

      This is all of the lower areas of, I'd
      say the field of the mind... this was
      actually opened up in modern times
      by Judge Troward in about 1890, in
      what he called New Thought... the
      field of New Thought grew a number
      of other groups like the Christian
      Science Church, Church of Religious
      Sciences and many other groups...
      It is a field in formal education that
      we are working in--to sharpen the
      senses, the physical senses, to get
      all of the understanding through the
      physical senses... Now mind you this
      is all right when we are living in this
      physical world, but it comes back to
      the point that this is completely and
      opposite of the spiritual law and the
      spiritual action, the modus operandi
      of Spirit.

      {more of my caps follow}

      We come then into a SECOND FIELD,
      in which we call the COSMIC CONSCIENCE
      PATH... It can start here in the physical
      world and it can work up to the SOUL
      PLANE. The COSMIC CONSCIENCE
      is a word for GOD-ENLIGHTENMENT,
      or GOD-KNOWLEDGE, or GOD-
      REALIZATION, which is false terminology
      for it, BUT we find this is a field that,
      in which the Vedantas, the Hindu religions,
      many of the eastern religions will fall
      under because they are actually working
      for this COSMIC CONSCIENCE and in
      other words, they are illuminating the
      inner senses so that they will have what
      we term the WORD, WISDOM and
      KNOWLEDGE. And this is what we're
      seeking, actually the WISDOM of GOD
      which is a violation of the LAW of the
      SPIRIT.

      I had explained some of this in my
      August letter [ECKANKAR: Illuminated
      Way Letters, August 1966, pg.17] which
      will be out in a few days BUT very briefly,
      this seems to be the thing. It becomes
      a fad and a vogue for many people to
      study the complexities of the eastern
      religions, to learn how to find their way
      to God through the illuminated or the
      cosmic conscience state. Now this of
      itself is, to me, a wrong path although
      it is another path.

      The THIRD PATH is a path of BILOCATION,
      or that which we know as SOUL TRAVEL.
      ... This is an Ancient Path, which came
      out of the misty past. There was Many,
      Many Centuries ago, ABOUT THE BEGINNING
      OF THE TIME OF EARTH, A RELIGION
      THAT WAS FORMED THAT CAME OFF
      THE PLANET, VENUS, AND WENT DOWN
      THROUGH THE SPIRITUAL CITY OF
      AGAM DES, AND THEY CALLED IT AT
      THAT TIME, THE NAACAL RELIGION.
      Anyway, it was a religion that was formed
      out of the SOUL FLIGHT, which has become
      now as ECKANKAR today. The records
      of this are kept in the TWO or THREE,
      I believe it's TWO, very remote monasteries
      in TIBET, in which they have not been invaded
      by the Chinese yet.

      BUT no one will be able to get to these,
      because it is well guarded and the monks
      there and the abbots keep a very strict
      watch over them, and they have some
      of the records in the city, the spiritual
      city of Agam Des, which is up in the
      wildest part of the Himalayan Mountains
      in what is called the Hindu Kush range.
      I say some of those peaks there run up
      into fifteen, twenty-five thousand feet
      high. And even when planes come down
      through those mountains out of those
      Eastern countries like PERSIA and
      Russia, they have to fly between the
      mountains. They never fly over them
      because they go so high that the question
      of oxygen--they can't get oxygen or
      the planes pressurized at that height.

      Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say
      here--that these are three paths, the
      overall paths that we follow to that of
      reaching the Ultimate... the Mental
      Path... the Cosmic Conscience Path...
      the Soul Path...

      We of ourselves cannot change anyone's
      consciousness. IF we do change anyone's
      consciousness, then we take the burden
      of that upon ourselves. In a sense, this is
      a type of karma. We are putting ourselves
      in a position of saying that we are actually
      taking responsibility for making the change
      within this individual...

      Now, this is why that many of those who
      are called High Masters may die of an
      early age, or die of an affliction, or an
      incurable disease, is because he, of
      himself, has picked this up from someone
      else, and he Does Not in some form
      throw it off for some reason that it is
      unknown to us, perhaps that he gets
      stuck with this, and he Cannot get it out
      of his consciousness, or he Does Not
      allow it to go into the stream of the
      HOLY SPIRIT and be dissolved by
      itself. The longer that it stays within
      us, is the harder that it becomes...

      This point, which I briefly will go to
      now as to the Seeking of WISDOM,
      is that which I spoke about a few
      minutes ago, that WE SHOULD NEVER
      SEEK THE ASPECTS OF GOD, or
      the ATTRIBUTES OF GOD. And
      WISDOM is one of the ATTRIBUTES
      like Wisdom, Love, Karma, Cause and
      Effect, and the other attributes.

      We then are only seeking the Lower
      part, the Lower things of God, instead
      of seeking the fullness. We must seek
      the one thing, and the one thing is the
      Ultimate Reality. And when we do this,
      then we ourselves must enter in as I
      said in the last lecture, assume the role
      of that who is in this state of consciousness."
      [end]

      Isn't it interesting that Twitchell [in Aug. 1966]
      has referred to Cosmic Conscience as being
      the same as God-Realization! Plus, PT mentioned
      the Holy Spirit at different times in this lecture
      and never mentions the ECK. Also, PT mentions
      the "Ultimate Reality" but not Sugmad! And,
      there's no mention of the Mahanta either!
      What's this about Not seeking Wisdom, Love,
      Karma, and Cause and Effect. BTW- Didn't
      PT know that Cause and Effect is Karma!

      Plus, Twit mentions "High Masters" who die
      at an early age because they are unable to
      let go of Karma and send it to the Holy Spirit
      to be dissolved! Is this why Twitchell died at
      an early age? Reading this was quite fun
      because I could tell when Twit was making
      it all up (lying) as he went along during his
      twisting of facts. Actually, one just needs to
      see when he's moving his lips to know when
      he's lying!

      According to Twitchell Eckankar is actually
      the "Naacal Religion" from "Venus!" Do EK
      Vahanas or Klemp ever mention this little
      known fact to the public or on Eckankar.org?
      I don't think so! I wonder why not? Isn't this
      an important part of Eckankar's history
      and lineage? Why isn't it called The
      Church of Naacal? Or, Naacal, Religion
      of the L & S of God. Maybe Klemp should
      make the change to the original name!

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
        According to Twitchell Eckankar is actually
        the "Naacal Religion" from "Venus!" Do EK
        Vahanas or Klemp ever mention this little
        known fact to the public or on Eckankar.org?
        I don't think so! I wonder why not? Isn't this
        an important part of Eckankar's history
        and lineage? Why isn't it called The
        Church of Naacal? Or, Naacal, Religion
        of the L & S of God. Maybe Klemp should
        make the change to the original name!

        Prometheus,

        Where does that come from? Is it in a book,
        or a discourse?

        I'm not sure if I've read that before. Was it a
        discontinued discourse?

        Will have to check and see if I have a copy.

        That was something about Naacal's & Venus.

        No. I haven't heard anybody talking about this
        lately. In fact, I don't know that I've ever heard
        it mentioned. Not Naacal's & Venus together.

[...]

        in a position of saying that20we are actually

[...]

        of that who is in this state of consciousness."0D

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
          Hello Etznab and All,
          My copy of "THE WAY OF ECKANKAR
          SERIES" By Sri Paul Twitchell is a small
          booklet (*212 pages). I've had it forever
          it seems.

          Here's a list the titled contents:

          Lecture Number 1
          The Purpose of Eckankar (pgs. 1-30)

          Lecture Number Two
          ECKANKAR as a Path to God (pgs. 31-48)

          Lecture Number Three
          The Paradox of the Universe (pgs. 49-67)

          Lecture Number Four
          Reading the Akashic Records (pgs. 69-86)

          Lecture Number Five
          Levels of Understanding (pgs. 87-105)

          Lecture Number Six
          The Keystone of God (pgs. 107-123)

          The next page has a photo of "Paulji
          greeting chelas." Gail is two feet behind
          Paul and her hair is up in a bun. I've
          seen the one older man before, standing
          in front of Paul and to his right, but can't
          recall his name.

          *Now, the page numbers take a jump!

          Rudiments of the ECK Satsang
          Part 1 (1968)
          By Sri Paul Twitchell (pgs. 197-212)

          BTW- This last article flows very well
          compared to the previous ones, thus,
          it shows Gail's editing skills. This is
          another reason why I say that Gail is
          as responsible for the lying and the
          con as much as Twitchell. Plus, Gail
          profited even more than Paul when
          she sold his copyrights to Eckankar
          for $500,000 way back then. This
          amount equates to millions in today's
          money!

          One more thing. PT mentions this
          Judge Troward again. This time it's
          in Lecture Number 4. I'll have to
          Google this guy to see what, if anything,
          shows up.

          Oh, one more thing! I'll have to
          post what Paul says about the HU
          (circa 1966-67) in "Lecture Number
          Six, The Keystone to God." It's really
          incredible!

          Prometheus

          etznab wrote:

          According to Twitchell Eckankar is actually
          the "Naacal Religion" from "Venus!" Do EK
          Vahanas or Klemp ever mention this little
          known fact to the public or on Eckankar.org?
          I don't think so! I wonder why not? Isn't this
          an important part of Eckankar's history
          and lineage? Why isn't it called The
          Church of Naacal? Or, Naacal, Religion
          of the L & S of God. Maybe Klemp should
          make the change to the original name!

          Prometheus,

          Where does that come from? Is it in a book,
          or a discourse?

          I'm not sure if I've read that before. Was it a
          discontinued discourse?

          Will have to check and see if I have a copy.

          That was something about Naacal's & Venus.

          No. I haven't heard anybody talking about this
          lately. In fact, I don't know that I've ever heard
          it mentioned. Not Naacal's & Venus together.

          Etznab

          ******

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
            Prometheus,

            Thanks for sharing about that. It seems like
            new information to me. I don't know that the
            booklet is available anymore.

            Does it mention Rebazar Tarzs at all?

            etznab wrote:

[...]

            =0
            Ainto fifteen, twenty-five thousand feet

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
              These 6 Lectures were given
              at a Three Day Las Vegas
              seminar/event around late
              July or early Aug. 1966.

              Paul stated in Lecture 2,
              "I had explained some of this
              in my August letter [ECKANKAR:
              Illuminated Way Letters, August
              1966, pg. 17] which will be out
              in a few days..."

              Paul states, near the end of
              his last lecture, "With that I'm
              going to close this series on
              The Way of ECKANKAR, which
              has been given here in Las Vegas
              for the last three days."

              BTW-The First World Wide
              Seminar was held at the
              Tropicana Hotel, Las Vegas,
              in Oct. 1967.

              Etznab- No, Paul never mentions
              any of the EK Masters in these
              lectures or even in the 1968
              "Rudiments of the ECK Satsang."

              Apparently The Kandjur was
              an early book Paul highly prized,
              but this was later put in Eckankar:
              Compiled Writings Volume 1.
              Paul stated that he gave a talk
              to a small group in Honolulu in
              Feb. 1961 and shared this with
              them and it's in The Kandjur.

              "... the actual work of ECK is that
              in which we say that it is a responsibility
              for ECK, of Itself, to give liberation
              of Soul to every nation and to every
              individual in this world. IT is the
              only legitimate spiritual force today.
              IT is the divine legal power authorized
              by the Divine, or the Supreme Diety."

              Lecture Six Excerpts:

              "... the Word, or what we sometimes
              call 'Nam' in the Hindustani language.
              NAM is the basis upon which the whole
              creative force of God is built.

              Now we have to add to this actually,
              Light and Sound, and Light is the basis
              of that which we come into for under-
              standing and knowledge and wisdom."

              [However, Paul now contradicts himself
              from what he said in Lecture 2:

              "...what we term the WORD, WISDOM
              and KNOWLEDGE. And this is what we're
              seeking, actually the WISDOM of GOD
              which is A Violation of the LAW of the
              SPIRIT...

              This point, which I briefly will go to
              now as to the Seeking of WISDOM,
              is that which I spoke about a few
              minutes ago, that WE SHOULD NEVER
              SEEK THE ASPECTS OF GOD, or
              the ATTRIBUTES OF GOD. And
              WISDOM is one of the ATTRIBUTES
              like Wisdom, Love, Karma, Cause and
              Effect, and the other attributes.
              We then are only seeking the Lower
              part, the Lower things of God, instead
              of seeking the fullness."]

              Thus, ECKists Should NOT seek "LOVE"
              and "WISDOM" and other "lower things"
              or "aspects" and "attributes of God."
              This is a violation of Spiritual Law!

              Lecture Six continues:

              "But the Sound is the creative force
              that builds. It comes out of what we
              call the Throne of God or the Ultimate,
              actually the center of creations, of all
              creations... on the astral plane we will
              hear a sound that is similar to the roaring
              of oceans... the mental plane [etheric]
              we will hear it as bees, and to other
              planes we will hear it as flutes [Soul plane],
              and as the sound of a conch shell [?],
              and on and on like this, until we get
              up to the highest plane, and then all
              of these sounds come together."

              Note: On the Worlds of ECK Chart, on
              page 232, in the HK's ECKankar Lexicon
              there are only Ten Planes (and their sounds)
              listed below the "Ocean of Love and Mercy."

              *PT continues Lecture Six with info on
              the use of OM, AUM, and HU. He shows
              how chanting HU can be used to "uplift"
              oneself "economically" as he has.

              "This is why that the Hindus use the
              word OM or AUM for their chanting.
              Now, in the Masons or in some of these
              esoteric groups they use another word
              which generally is familiar to us, and
              that is a word AMEN. And if you use
              this word properly, it will be actually
              a sound because they have the A and
              M in it--A-MENNNNN. Now, distinguish
              that from the word OM--OOO-MMMM,
              or AUM--AAA-UUU-MMMMM. The true
              word is actually HU or H-UU-MMM,
              and as you get higher into the other
              worlds it will be cut short to HU, or
              H-UUUUUU. OR you could give it as
              HUUU. See the vibrations that goes
              with that, so simple. Lots of times the
              word OM is actually HU--OOOO-
              MMMMMM.

              ... I would go down to the seashore
              at times, and I would chant OM or
              I would chant another word, or I'd
              chant the HU, or I'd chant something
              that I knew that had a great vibratory
              liftment [higher than HU?]. I could even
              be down economically, I could be down
              in many things, and I would start chanting
              this as I walked up and down the beach,
              and all of a sudden I was lifted, just
              completely up, away from all of the
              problems that I was facing at the time.

              I've many times, I've not had anything
              in the mails for several days, checks
              or anything of that nature, and I'd go
              out and do some chanting and go home
              and find a check laying in the mail box.
              Putting the two together, you'd say, well,
              this may have been coincidental. It might
              have been, but the fact was, that I was
              lifting myself into a position of acceptance
              for something. I was lifting myself in the
              position where, even in the future, the
              near future, something would start working
              into my life that would be of benefit to
              me.

              Now, this doesn't only go for economics
              or your lower life plane but it also goes
              for the higher planes." [end]

              What's interesting about this is that
              Ford Johnson teaches about his Master
              Principle of Manifestation which sounds
              like what Paul was teaching. By using
              the Word or Sound, like the HU etc.,
              to improve one's economics and state-
              of-mind or physical and mental health
              prepares one for higher plane visitation
              and experiences.

              However, Klemp teaches the opposite.
              One is Not to direct the HU Chant, and
              Klemp has invoked strict rules/guidelines
              (i.e. safeguards) to prevent this from
              happening. The chela must go through
              a middleman, Klemp, and Not direct the
              HU, via the Sound (ECK), to reach the
              Divine Sugmad. This way Klemp controls
              the EK follower (forever) and squeezes
              money from them on an on-going basis.
              SWEEEET!

              Hello Etznab and All,
              My copy of "THE WAY OF ECKANKAR
              SERIES" By Sri Paul Twitchell is a small
              booklet (*212 pages). I've had it forever
              it seems.

              Here's a list the titled contents:

              Lecture Number 1
              The Purpose of Eckankar (pgs. 1-30)

              Lecture Number Two
              ECKANKAR as a Path to God (pgs. 31-48)

              Lecture Number Three
              The Paradox of the Universe (pgs. 49-67)
              [AKA "The Riddle of the Universe"]

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
                Prometheus,

                Thanks a whole lot for sharing all that!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 30, 2010
                  Checking messages 4977, 4980
                  and 4983 I couldn't tell what
                  the copyright for that book.