Eckers and Shakers

  • avonblue1212
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
      I've heard remarks of eckankar becoming much like the Shakers - a dying religion. Eventually the members will leave or die off but will not maintain the organization. Probably true, but an unfair comparison. At least the Shakers gave the world beautiful architecture and furniture.

      AB
    • Rebazar Tarzs
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
        They also gave us the main theme ("Simple Gifts") for Aaron Copland's 1944 timeless composition "Appalachian Spring".