Re: The EK Initiation Quagmire

  • whitemoby22
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2009
      I enjoyed this post, prometheus. To my mind, "initiations" are one of the keys to understanding the eck mentality. I personally believe that klemp requires the last stage in the 9th initiation to be OUTER because this gives the corp more control. This gives the corp absolute control over the very few who will get beyond the 9th.

      I know, and saw for myself, that eck initiation levels WERE NOT kept hidden in eck communities. Believe me, everybody knew everybody's number, and each person was treated/respect accordingly. Oh yes, low level initiates were treated kindly, but it was a condescending kindness. Like, I'm so far above you - ain't I swell to be talkig to you at all?

      Higher Initiates are held in regard inside the eckankar world. I saw it myself. But here are my two questions for prometheus, or anyone:

      #1 When a person gets up to the 5th initiation (or beyond), how do they explain to themselves that they're really no different than they ever were? Have you ever seen any indication that high initiation levels confers any greater awareness, etc upon the initiate?

      #2 Do eckists believe that higher initiate levels correspond to any improvement in their outer circumstances? Do they believe that their lives become better in any worldly/material kinda way?

      Thanks, moby...

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2009
        Hello Moby and All,
        Yes, every Eckist pretty much knows,
        or tries to find out, the initiation circle
        (level/number) of each Eckist they come
        in contact with.

        There used to be Circles of Initiation
        Workshops at major EK Seminars (mid
        1980's) and these "Circles" Workshops
        were, also, encouraged for the RESAs
        to promote for Local EK Satsang (Chela)
        Events. Every level/circle of initiate had
        their own workshop to attend and I.D.s
        were checked at the door of each workshop.

        Now, Klemp has creatively "changed"
        his direction.

        The following is from the 09/2009
        The H.I. Letter (pg. 3)--

        "Worldwide Wind of Creativity

        In tune with the upcoming spiritual
        year, A Year of Creativity, you will find
        a fresh, new program awaiting High
        Initiates at the 2009 ECK Worldwide
        Seminar:

        * an H.I. meeting Saturday morning
        that has a new look and heightened
        spiritual focus;

        * a special workshop for H.I.'s, offered
        both Friday and Saturday, centered on
        Sri Harold's HOLY FIRE of ECK Books--
        especially the latest volume, The Holy
        Fire of ECK, Book 3--with ample time
        to share insights with fellow Brothers
        of the Leaf.

        [Klemp gets to sell more-of-the-same
        (book 3) and makes 50% royalties from
        his books while he lets H.I.s "share"
        more-of-the-same as well!]

        * updated trainings--offered Only at
        Worldwide Seminars--for ECK Clerics,
        Initiators, and ESAs.

        [This helps to increase the seminar
        numbers ($$$) with the financial
        burden placed mostly upon the H.I.s
        who want that training in order to
        qualify for that next initiation. 5ths
        have to become "Clerics" to become
        eligible to become "Initiators," and 6ths,
        in order to become "ESAs" in order
        to become eligible for the 7th! Some
        6ths (who are ESAs) get their 7ths by
        becoming RESAs since RESAs have to
        be at least a 7th.]

        With these new areas of emphasis, the
        H.I. GET-TOGETHER, SEVENTH Initiates
        Meeting, and EIGHTH Initiate Meeting
        are being Retired.

        [All H.I.s now have to rub shoulders
        and share EK speak with lower initiates
        as a means of SERVICE. Will HK and JK
        be rubbing shoulders and "connecting,"
        too, for the sake of SERVICE to "fellow
        Attendees," or is this just more lip SERVICE
        and DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO for
        the Klemps? ]

        These changes will offer you New
        Spiritual Vistas and Opportunities
        to Connect with Fellow Attendees
        [1th-8th Circle Initiates] and Grow
        through SERVICE at the Seminar and
        as Leaders in our Creative and Vibrant
        ECK spiritual community." [END (my
        brackets and caps)]

        Anyway, Moby, I'll see if I can answer
        your questions below--

        whitemoby wrote:

        I enjoyed this post, prometheus.
        To my mind, "initiations" are one
        of the keys to understanding the
        eck mentality. I personally believe
        that klemp requires the last stage
        in the 9th initiation to be OUTER
        because this gives the corp more
        control. This gives the corp absolute
        control over the very few who will
        get beyond the 9th.

        I know, and saw for myself, that
        eck initiation levels WERE NOT
        kept hidden in eck communities.
        Believe me, everybody knew everybody's
        number, and each person was treated/
        respect accordingly. Oh yes, low level
        initiates were treated kindly, but it
        was a condescending kindness. Like,
        I'm so far above you - ain't I swell
        to be talking to you at all?

        #1 When a person gets up to the
        5th initiation (or beyond), how do
        they explain to themselves that
        they're really no different than they
        ever were?

        P- People rationalize much of the
        time, and Klemp encourages his
        followers to imagine and to pretend
        "as if." Besides, look at the followers
        of other religions and how they follow
        and interpret dogma and rationalize
        as well. People, also, tend to follow
        local religious or spiritual experts
        they have placed trust in, or have
        put upon a pedestal, because they
        have direct contact with them versus
        the "Leader." A local Satsang area
        can look like a separate sect of that
        same religion depending upon the
        RESA. Over decades more dogma, rules,
        guidelines, and laws get added and
        "tweaked" which makes everything,
        Eckankar, more complex and more
        confusing. This causes Second Guessing
        and Imbalance and a NEED to have the
        Leader (HK) explain and reinterpret
        (over and over) the true meaning behind
        life and the confusion (of dogma) HK,
        himself, has revised and promoted.
        Thus, this Catch-22 ploy, of Klemp's,
        has created a necessary evil and a
        never-ending need for a "Living Master"
        in order for him to de-cypher and
        clarify the obvious.

        Have you ever seen any indication
        that high initiation levels confers
        any greater awareness, etc upon
        the initiate?

        P- Not per se! However, if a person
        is focused upon self-improvement
        and upon spiritual growth these goals
        will be achieved, in part and over time,
        with or without the help of a "Master,"
        or a religion to follow. The so-called
        "Master" just takes credit for what happens
        naturally when Soul is focused upon
        the Divine. This is the TRAP and the
        Catch-22 of all religious dogma.

        #2 Do eckists believe that higher
        initiate levels correspond to any
        improvement in their outer circumstances?

        P- Yes and No! Klemp takes credit for
        the "Good" that takes place in the lives
        of his followers. However, "true blue"
        Eckists Do Not want "good karma" because
        this too will hinder their spiritual growth.
        They want to be "above" and "without"
        karma in a vairag (nonattached/detached)
        state of mind. Yet, they don't want pain
        or troubles either. And, when there are
        problems they see these as "tests." NO
        where does Klemp, actually, Protect or
        Heal his chelas, except in chela's dreams
        and/or imaginations (and delusions),
        anymore than Jesus or the Virgin Mary,
        etc. etc do for other religious believers!

        Getting back to your question-- Many Eckists
        believe they have used up their "good karma,"
        for this lifetime, by finding Eckankar and, thus,
        don't expect prosperity. Most, therefore, have
        a poverty consciousness and a fatalistic attitude
        toward life. Eckists, also, have become very
        codependent upon Klemp and believe in his
        delusional promises. It's "The Easy Way,"
        for them, to accept a subservient position
        as a "follower" rather than take responsibility
        as SOUL. Thus, Eckists are no different from
        other faithful religious followers, except, in
        their minds!

        Do they believe that their lives become
        better in any worldly/material kinda way?

        P- They [Eckists] believe it by rationalizing.
        Success and materialism can be justified
        as a "divine gift" in order to reach a different
        social and/or intellectual group/class of people
        so that they can spread the "Word" as a vahana/
        missionary by being an example or a spokes-
        person... or as (temporary) good karma. And,
        their material/intellectual success is used by
        Klemp to attract more professionals to Eckankar.
        This gives HK's big fat ego an air of respectability
        (HK is in the International Who's Who of Intellectuals,
        Ninth edition). And, this, too, is used to prove/
        show that Eckankar is not a "dangerous" cult.
        Professionals, also, climb the initiation ladder
        faster than the average Eckist because they
        are more high profile, but appearances are
        very deceiving in this KAL like religion.

        Prometheus

        Thanks, moby...

        prometheus wrote:

> [...]
        > the LEM must physically approach and ask
        > a candidate if they would like to have the
        > initiation because it, too, requires outer
        > confirmation.
        >
        > However, the 10th and the 11th Initiations
        > don't require any outer confirmations and
        > are (both) shorter in time that the First Initiation!
        > Why's that... convenience?
        >
        > Then, of course, it requires an initiator who
        > has a Higher Initiation Number than the one
        > being given! Thus, Darwin had to be a 13th
        > or 14th to have given Klemp his 12th!
        >
        > And, what level of initiation is Klemp claiming
        > to have at this time? The 14th is required
        > to be a Mahanta (as PT claims), but there
        > are, supposedly, more and more initiations.
        > So, what Initiation is Klemp holding onto
        > now (with a death grip)? Why is this such
        > a secret? Could it be that HK's a 666th Initiate
        > while most of his longtime H.I.s are 7ths!

      • whitemoby22
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2009
          Hey Prometheus and all; I had to take a couple days to digest this post. I cannot believe that HIs have to pay for thier own updated training? OMG. That is tantamount to buying a higher initiation. And it is true what you say about each eck community being different. I used to travel a great deal, and knew 3 eck communites, in 3 separate cities, quite well. And yes, they each had their own distinct flavor. Very distinct.

          Your comment about fatalism caught my eye. I have always believed that any teaching which is sant mat related, could easily become fatalistic in the psyche of the individual. And Eckankar is most certainly sant mat derivative.

          moby...