More on Klemp's Military Training and Mission!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26 4:22 PM
      I've put together some more information
      gathered together on Klemp's earlier
      daze. Enjoy!

      Klemp was in the Air Force and stationed
      at Yokota A.B. Japan around 1966-67
      He was doing radio intercepts of the
      Russian advisors in Vietnam. HK joined
      Eckankar and received discourses via mail
      while stationed at Yokota in 1967.

      This, below, site verifies some info of HK's
      assignments and training. It's very interesting
      to read about electronic eavesdropping aka
      cryptologistics (spying) prior to, during, and
      after the Vietnam Era, and it continues ALL
      AROUND THE WORLD! It's rather ironic that
      Klemp once said that he was more a "talker"
      than a "listener" when he was trained as a
      "listener" while in the USAFSS!

      http://www.6901st.org/history/history.htm

      I was reading pages 11-14 in "Child in
      the Wilderness" and saw where HK is
      mentioning his sophomore year in college
      on page 11 (1962) and on page 13, three
      years later (1965), that he was a senior at
      another college. This was when he was in
      the Air Force and was attending classes in
      Russian language at Indiana U. I don't see
      that he was a senior there, unless, he transferred
      his credits and they accepted all of them!
      Also, these Russian language courses couldn't
      count toward graduation because of his major.
      I don't think HK ever graduated from college,
      but he could probably get an "honorary" degree
      (somewhere) for writing so many crappy books!

      BTW - I remember reading where he said he
      had to quite college (probably around Fall
      quarter of 1964) and joined the Air Force (late
      1964, Nov-Dec) or be drafted. Thus, HK was
      23 (or 24) when he started his four year (active)
      enlistment.

      Any guess at to what month HK was born in?
      How about January?

      Here's another link that's interesting.
      I'll bet some of these people met HK
      while at Yokota:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~swojtkiewicz/203Locator/guestbk99.html

      I found out that this was Goodfellow
      AFB San Angelo, TX. and probably the
      6954th Training Squadron for the Radio
      Operations part of his training.

      HK then went to the 6989SS at Misawa AS,
      Japan (for 6 months) then reassigned to the
      6988SS at Yokota AB then to the states at
      the 6970SG at Ft. Meade, MD. It doesn't
      seem like he flew on any C-130s or did
      any TDY (temporary duty) in Nam or else
      he would have mentioned it somewhere.

      ***
      "The leader of the Eckankar movement is
      Harold Klemp, who was born in 1942 and
      grew up on a Wisconsin farm."

      http://www.eckankar.org/Temple/startrib_article.html
      ***

      First, his parent's farm was located in the
      Fremont, WI. area and he followed his cousin
      to a Lutheran pre-ministerial high school/seminary
      at age 14 (1956) and this school was located
      in the Milwaukee area. He graduated in 1960.

      Klemp joined the USAF in late 1964 (Nov.-Dec.)
      and had 6 weeks of Basic Training at Lackland
      AFB in Texas.

      However, in early 1965 he was still at Lackland
      awaiting the next quarter (Spring) of Russian
      language classes to start at Indiana U. This was
      a 9 month school. After completion of this school
      he was assigned to a 3 month Radio school at
      Goodfellow AFB - San Angelo, TX. 6954th Security
      Squadron. After completion of a total of 1 year
      of schooling Klemp was sent to Misawa A.B. Japan
      in early 1966 (March-April) for a 2 year overseas
      assignment with the 6989th USAFSS. Then after
      approximately 6 months Klemp was reassigned
      to the 6988th USAFSS at Yokota A.B. Japan to
      serve the remaining 2 years of his assignment.
      Thus, HK left Yokota A.B., Japan in March or April
      of 1968. He was then reassigned to the 6970th SG
      at Ft. Meade, MD. to serve out his remaining 4 year
      enlistment and was discharged in the Winter (Nov.-
      Dec) of 1968, and went back to live/work on the
      family farm at the age of 27 or 28 years old.

      This is an approximation, of course, since Klemp
      is vague about certain facts and details, but I'm
      fairly certain about this info and the time-lines
      seem to be very close!