The Wisdom Notes 09/2009 [Part 1 of 2]

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2009
      The Wisdom Notes [Part 1]
      September 2009
      by Rev. Harry Klemp

      BTW- This article had to be divided
      into two parts. Klemp's wordiness,
      meaningless B.S., and high school
      reminiscing is quite long winded and
      boring. I'm thinking that Klemp's indirect
      approach (hidden message) is to have
      Eckists become more frugal with their
      spending habits during these hard times
      in order to have enough money left
      over to continue to buy his books,
      and other products, and to continue
      to pay their Eckankar membership
      costs. Thus, Eckankar is an Amway
      like pyramid scheme (hierarchy) that
      depends upon it's members' spending
      habits/obligations for support. And,
      this is why HK doesn't want Eckists
      selling their wares at EK events. He
      doesn't want the added competition
      for what little money is available.

      [my brackets and caps]

      "Dear Ones,
      Learning about the spiritual laws
      of ECK[ankar] comes dear. At least
      it did for me.

      [What happened to the Law of
      Noninterference? That's been
      side-stepped and rationalized!]

      This letter will look at two of those
      laws, the Law of Economy and the
      Law of Silence, and a few of the
      experiences that taught me a little
      about each.

      [Hindsight is 20/20]

      No two of us will have the same
      string of experiences. Soul is unique.
      Some experiences, here and there,
      will be similar, BUT overall different,
      though all fashioned from a similar
      broadcloth of karma.

      [Thus, the future Mahanta (HK) is
      no different than the average Joe?
      That seems to be what HK's saying!
      I guess that all of those so-called
      `preparations' aren't all that relevant.]

      Learning the Law of Economy
      is basic. The Mahanta, the LEM
      already works quietly behind the
      scenes, often for years, long before
      the individual is ready to meet him,
      teaching of such spiritual laws.

      [See! Klemp is now spinning a lie
      as to what he had previously stated!
      This justifies and explains away
      the myth behind the EK dogma]

      A point to note is that each person
      will only have to learn as much about
      a given law as is necessary at his
      stage of unfoldment.

      So, of two ECK chelas set side by
      side, one may be frugal; the other
      a wild spendthrift.

      [Can't they "change?" If so, why label
      these "chelas" (lower initiates) and
      judge them?]

      The Law of Economy for me began
      early and hard. At fourteen, I went
      to boarding school [in Milwaukee,
      WI.] some one hundred miles from
      home I was a kid, just a kid.

      [Klemp followed his cousin to a
      costly (private) all boys Lutheran
      school while getting out of doing
      his share of farm chores. Originally,
      it was Not a desire to find God. Thus,
      HK placed two economic burdens
      upon his parents and siblings. One,
      was the cost of the school and the
      second was losing a farm hand. Yet,
      here in 2009, HK still shows no empathy
      for his family's harder life on the farm
      that he caused them to have. Nor, does
      HK have any awareness, today, of
      their additional struggles with "The
      Law of Economy" due to his needs/
      desires. Big Harry is, still, just as selfish
      and clueless as little Harry was!]

      Though my dad and mother taught
      us the rudiments of managing our
      hard earned money, a large amount
      of my learning them took place at
      the boarding school.

      [The "boarding school" was a Private
      Lutheran All Boys High School/Seminary!]

      There, I was on my own for the first time.

      [With his cousin]

      Before leaving home I received a small
      sum of spending money for necessities.
      The money seemed a fortune for me.

      [And, probably, to Klemp's parents as well!]

      Lodged with five strangers, each with
      a quirk of character, I tried to win [buy]
      their goodwill by buying a box of brownies
      at a bakery after we attended church
      services on Sunday mornings. I shared
      my brownies freely. [With strings attached]

      The goodwill lasted about as long as
      the brownies did. Of course, my [parent's]
      money nearly disappeared faster than
      the brownies.

      [What an easy and mundane life! And his
      boring self-promoting story goes on and
      on and on!]

      When the money ran low, it meant
      scrimping and saving so there would
      be enough for train fare for my monthly
      visit home. It was feast or famine.

      [Probably more on the "famine" side,
      at times, for HK's parents! They had
      three other children, besides Harry,
      to support!]

      BUT with my spending money renewed
      at home, I returned to school with all
      my spendthrift habits in tact.

      It took more years to learn the old
      adage `Money does not grow on trees.'

      [So, why increase EK membership fees?
      Have HK's "spendthrift habits" returned
      again? Eckists will never know without
      open, honest, and full financial discloser
      into ALL of ECKankar's financial records.
      All property (rented and owned), stocks
      and bonds, savings accounts, health care,
      and payrolls should be fully disclosed.]

      In my midteens [16], I became still
      more reckless; I spent the lot of my
      travel money. Shame kept me from
      writing home for more. BUT a roommate
      hitchhiked home in fall and spring,
      avoiding such travel in winter, so
      I asked him to teach me the ropes.
      He agreed.

      [Hitchhiking and taking busses 100
      miles to get home wasn't that big of
      deal in 1957! (HK was born in 1941)]

      Both our homes lay to the north.
      He let me accompany him, first
      riding a series of city busses through
      the suburbs, until the final bus dropped
      us off near the north freeway.

      [What happened to Klemp's cousin?
      Maybe this `roommate' was his cousin
      and little Harry's too embarrassed to
      say so because that would mean he
      had no "unrelated" friends at school.]

      It was fall. It was nightfall. I was
      lugging two suitcases. And it was
      raining, a cold pelting, merciless
      rain.

      [At sixteen I was smart enough Not
      to hitchhike at night, especially, when
      it was cold and raining. That's just
      common sense!]

      We stuck our thumbs out. No one
      stopped.

      `They're afraid of two hitchhikers,'
      my roommate said. `You stay here,
      I'll go further ahead.'

      [Maybe some motorists didn't have
      the room for two people and their suit
      cases, or wanted to get their car's
      seats wet versus being fearful! Klemp
      usually has a one-dimensional ekplanation
      that he never updates or corrects with
      further insight! After all, this is Klemp's
      story/experiences that he's teaching,
      currently, to his chelas.]

      In no time at all, a car stopped, and
      he jumped in. I was alone and scared.
      What if no one ever stopped? What
      then?

      Mercifully, a car soon did stop. It looked
      like a Golden Chariot sent from Heaven.

      [Maybe it actually was... he DID become
      the Mahanta! (play "The Twilight Zone"
      theme music here)]

      A few hours later, and I was safely home.
      I vowed to hitchhike next time with only
      one suitcase, and the experience argued
      strongly for me to be more mindful of my
      [parent's] money.

      The Law of Economy, I learned, applied
      to baggage (all kinds of baggage) as well
      as to money." [end of part 1, "Law of Economy"]

      ME: That's especially true concerning all of
      the "baggage" that Eckankar has; i.e. rules
      (spoken and unspoken), Guidelines, the RESA
      hierarchy, training, position titles, service,
      silence, surrender, required/requested membership
      donations, and let's not forget the additional
      brain-washing, leading to more codependency,
      by doing everything/anything with the permission,
      knowledge, and blessings of the Mahanta (HK)!
      One doesn't realize the amount of (negative)
      stress this mindset has caused, until, one
      has let go of it all! Leaving religious dogma,
      Eckankar etc., and obligatory "service" to a
      God-like leader behind is True Spiritual Freedom
      that only advanced Souls have learned/earned.

      Prometheus

      * Here's what Twitchell (Klemp's Mahanta)
      had to say about the Private All Boys Lutheran
      High School/Seminary that Klemp attended.

      "This is one of the reasons we don't have
      ashrams in ECKANKAR. They can create
      unhealthy situations and individuals seldom
      have their own psychic space to breathe in.
      Now you see, the same thing occurs in the
      seminaries of the Christian church. These
      Christian seminaries, when you're training
      young boys to grow up, they are looking for
      all the things which will explain to them manhood
      or the problems of life. It can create sexual
      aberrations... you can walk around the corner
      of one of the ashrams or the monasteries
      and find boys there abusing themselves."

      ["Difficulties of Becoming the Living ECK
      Master" pages 46-47]
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009
        This last 1/4 of The Wisdom Notes
        (Part 2) covers the EK "Law of Silence."

        [my brackets and caps]

        BTW- Klemp uses one "BUT" in Part 2
        and used Three "BUTS" in Part 1.

        Beware! More of HK's Preaching Ahead-

        HK:
        "The Law of Silence is an essential
        discipline in ECK[ankar]. It means
        keeping silent about most communications
        between you and the Inner Master.
        Some may be shared with your
        immediate family. It takes discrimination.

        [What a lie! Eckists are encouraged to
        "share" their inner experiences by sending
        them to the ESC (where they are read and
        categorized) so that Klemp can have filler
        for his talks and books (as validation) while
        other stories are used in EK pubs to encourage
        the purchase of more materials.]

        Lessons about silence came in numerous
        ways BUT I will mention a notable one.

        At one air base, I, and the Flight of some
        Sixty Airmen I was in, received Top-Secret
        training in classrooms situated inside fenced
        compounds. The training was about Radio
        Communications. Never, ever, was anyone
        to breathe a word of what transpired in
        a security compound.

        [This was at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo,
        Texas. Why Klemp doesn't mention this
        base by name shows his paranoia and lack
        of openness and honesty. This info is certainly
        no longer a military secret, especially, after
        almost 40 years! Thus, Klemp should follow
        his own advice since he obviously, still, lacks
        discrimination!]

        One day, as our Flight broke for lunch
        outside the compound, I confided to a
        companion a difficulty I was having in
        understanding a certain aspect of my
        Radio. I called it by its Model Number.

        [Yep! That's not good! However, one would
        think that Klemp would be more mature
        and aware since he was older than most
        of these other airmen (he was 23-24).
        Plus, didn't Klemp learn to keep secrets
        when he was in the Lutheran Seminary?
        Maybe it was an Ego thing that caused
        him to shoot his mouth off like he does
        now with his preaching!]

        Rick, another friend, overheard me. With
        a smile, yet with unsmiling, steel grey eyes,
        he asked, 'Are you sure you want to say
        that?'

        I was sure I did not. My mouth clamped
        shut, and stayed shut.

        One is sure to SUFFER If he plays Free and
        Easy with these two spiritual laws, for it
        means having More Experiences of an
        Unpleasant Nature, which will certainly
        drive the lessons home." [end of "Notes"]

        ME: Isn't it "good" to SUFFER the "hard"
        lessons in this Kali Yuga (Golden Age)?

        Did Klemp "suffer" when he broke
        the Law of Silence? How did he suffer?
        'Rick' with his 'unsmiling, steel grey eyes'
        mentioning the violation of silence to HK
        wasn't the karmic effect of 'suffering' for
        having violated this "spiritual" law anymore
        than Klemp's unpleasant comments/warnings
        are in this Wisdom Note!

        However, Klemp is trying to intimidate
        Eckists with Fear tacticts about SUFFERING!
        These so-called "spiritual laws" don't apply
        to others outside of Eckankar! Only Religious
        Myth and fear prevent Spiritual Freedom.
        Anyone else can speak of their "Inner"
        dream experiences without repercussions.

        Dreams are dreams and Eckankar teaches
        that everyone dreams! However, Vahanas
        fail to tell people that some dreams
        aren't permitted and aren't to be shared.
        These aren't, necessarily, sexual or violent
        dreams. These are the ones that challenge
        (directly/indirectly) Klemp's authority.

        Klemp's knee-jerk reaction with Graham
        (where he was demoted to a 1st initiate)
        is proof of that! This is another reason
        why Klemp is trying to Silence ECKists
        with his instructions to be Discriminative
        and to keep "silent" about "sharing" their
        "inner secrets," or else his 'unsmiling
        steel grey eyes' will be staring at them
        in their dreams!

        And, Non-ECKists don't have any
        repercussions from the "EK" Law of
        Economy, either, by Not paying for
        an EK annual membership, or from
        Not buying Klemp's redundant and
        recycled books and talks... or by Not
        Volunteering with SERVICE. We're Free!

        With regard to the "EK" Law of Silence:
        We, when/if inspired by the Holy Spirit,
        can discriminately share our valid and
        subjective experiences with others and
        without Klemp's (or anyone's) approval.

        What "if" a Silent One or an EK Master
        handed someone, anyone, the Rod of
        Power to hold for even for a brief
        moment? As long as you're not an EKist
        it's okay! However, inside of Eckankar
        Klemp would feel that his authority was
        being challenged, thus, No ECKist could
        ever share this inner dream experience
        even if they had it happen as Graham
        claimed. I'm certain that other EKists
        have had similar dream experiences,
        but don't dare "share" them because
        they know what the negative repercussions
        would be... this is how "discrimination"
        works within a cult/religion.

        Thus, for the inner secrets (dreams) of
        ECKists to be shared (discriminately) they
        must be placed in writing, mailed, read,
        reviewed, filed and/or approved of by ESC
        staff members (in accord to the Guidelines)
        first! Otherwise, they will SUFFER from HK's
        retribution! And, it will be very 'unpleasant!'

        So what's the purpose of an ECK "Inner
        Master" when the "Outer" one, Klemp,
        has the real Power and Authority!

        Prometheus

        ******
        The Wisdom Notes
        [Part 1 - The Law of Economy]
        September 2009
        by Rev. Harry Klemp

        BTW- This article had to be divided
        into two parts. Klemp's wordiness,
        meaningless B.S., and high school
        reminiscing is quite long winded and
        boring. I'm thinking that Klemp's indirect
        approach (hidden message) is to have
        Eckists become more frugal with their
        spending habits during these hard times
        in order to have enough money left