Re: Are Eckists Really Happy?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2005
      Hello, Liz!

      I do enjoy your sense of humor--and glad you enjoy the cartoons with
      your little one! It's been a long time since I've watched any,
      unless you can count South Park in that category! : ) I can't
      imagine the abuse you suffered at your mother's hands--very cruel
      and frightening experiences for you. I can understand that she has
      been an obviously very sick person for a long time. Thankfully, you
      survived all of this and are a very strong individual as a result of
      being that survivor! I have also read your response to Truthdecider.
      It seems that you recognized your intuitive sense and allowed it to
      be your guide--an important survivor tool!

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@a...
      > In a message dated 9/4/2005 12:11:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > mishmisha9@y... writes:
      > > I was in a discussion group one time when a guy
      > said he knew that he had been a murderer and rapist in one of his
      > past lifes and he knew that was why he was having some very hard
      > times in this one.
      > **** Sucks to be him!
      > > Well, since I was sitting next to him, when he
      > announced this revelation, I couldn't get away from him fast
      > **** LOL and so the drama continues with all these people
      claiming to
      > have had the most difficult or sick past lives. Seems more
      interesting don't
      > you think, than saying gee I was just some poor goat herder with
      16 kids to
      > feed. Makes him look silly actually, cuz why on Earth would the
      mahanta of the
      > universe pick him to be an eckie when he has done such terrible
      things to
      > others in a past life? How did he earn the right to be a chosen
      > >LOL! But actually how can you develop a good self image if you
      > carrying around all this "past" guilt of things you believe you
      > in another lifetime? How important is it to allow this sort
      > of "punishment?"
      > **** It makes for an interesting story to someone? Or how about
      this guy
      > has carried over some of his illness to this life?
      > >Truthdecider, you have shared your terrible childhood
      experiences in
      > your posts. Do you feel that you had created this sort of karma
      > a past life?
      > **** I understand this question was directed at Truthdecider,
      but thought
      > I'd throw in my two cents worth. I came from an abusive family
      as well.
      > Actually just my mother.... Before becoming an eckist (and it
      continued on in
      > various forms until 2 years ago when I left eckankrap!) was
      physically abused
      > to the point of nearly being smothered to death too many times to
      recall, etc.
      > After becoming an eckist, my mother used the past life thing as
      her crutch
      > and excuse. We were supposed to *understand* better why she was
      having such
      > trouble living life this time around. I was the oldest of four.
      Was the