The Church of the Churchless

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
      Hello Etznab and All,
      I found more interesting info on this site about
      the origination of the ECKankar Teachings. Radha
      Soami Satsang Beas was founded by Kirpal Singh's
      Master [Kirpal was Paul Twitchell's real Master (aka
      Sudar Singh, Rebazar Tarzs) from 1955-1965].
      Kirpal split from Radha Soami and founded Ruhani
      Satsang and died (age 80) three years after Twitchell
      (age 63) in 1974.

      From the Church of the Churchless:

      We all want to belong.

      The Church of the Churchless welcomes those who
      feel like they don't belong, even if they are members
      of an organized religion or spiritual faith.

      You can be a member and not belong. You can sit
      through a communal service, sermon, celebration,
      or cermony, and still say to yourself: I don't belong
      here. You are going through the outward motions
      of what it means to be a member, but deep down you
      know that somewhere else is your real spiritual home.

      A lot of people feel this way. No one is alone in feeling
      alone. The big questions we all need to ask are:

      What am I missing?

      And: Can any organization give it to me?

      Every person has to come to grips with these questions
      by himself or herself. That said, here are my own pithy

      Reality and No.

      By "reality," I mean a direct experience of what is really,
      really, real--what lasts when everything else passes away.
      Let's call this "God" for lack of a better term.

      If I am to experience God, where will this occur?

      Where every other experience of mine occurs:
      in my consciousness. The same is true for you,
      and for every other person on Earth.

      Nothing is real for us except what we consciously experience.

      A religious organization provides experiences of--
      no surprise here--a religious organization.

      What else would we expect?

      Well, many people illogically believe that an experience
      of something that isn't God can substitute for the real
      thing. It can't. God is God. Ultimate reality is ultimate

      Everything else is everything else.

      So if you want to truly belong to God, to reality, you
      can't belong to anything else. For that thing will water
      down your experience of God to a greater or lesser
      degree. Usually greater, because our natural tendency
      is to cling tightly to the familiar rather than embrace
      mystery. And God is the ultimate Mystery.

      Bottom line: you can join the Church of the Churchless.

      Even more: you must join the Church of the Churchless
      if you want to know God.

      But this joining is wholly within you, not without.
      There are no application forms to fill out, no dues
      to be paid, no initiation ceremonies to be gone through.

      You are the Church of the Churchless. So am I.
      And so is everyone who wants to experience reality
      rather than religion, truth rather than dogma, substance
      rather than shadows.

      Each of us must make a choice. You or I can say,
      "I am a Christian," "I am a Muslim," "I am a Buddhist,"
      "I am a Hindu," "I am a Wiccan," "I am a Taoist," or whatever
      other faith [Eckankar] we subscribe to at the moment.

      The other option is to simply say with conviction, "I am."
      Do that, and you have joined the Church of the Churchless.
      Welcome. You belong. We have a lot to share.