Re: My Cult Experience & EK Think

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2009
      Hello Nancy and All,
      Eckankar members see things somewhat differently,
      from your former cult experience, and, of course,
      Eckists use different terminology and jargon. However,
      the more objective viewer, via standing back from it all,
      sees that it is all just another "mind trick" of religion.

      The Eckankar teachings of Twitchell and the current
      leader, Rev. Klemp, teach that orthodox religion fails
      to satisfy the spiritual thirst of Truth/Spiritual Seekers,
      and, thus, they come to Eckankar and other cult groups.

      It is more than likely, however, that many people simply
      need the personal touch, a connection with others, and
      the attention that small groups and small groups (churches)
      can give. It's more "hands on" and personal where people
      can feel important, needed, and listened to.

      In other words, these small religious groups (cults), like
      Eckankar, fulfill the human and social need of "belonging"
      that the big orthodox religious cults are incapable of providing.
      Besides, many Eckists (isolated cultists) tend to be misfits
      of sorts, free thinkers, and skeptics. Yet, they are lulled in
      with interesting and unusual concepts and perspectives
      of life and of "death."

      It's interesting that the EK teachings state that Eckankar
      will be a World-Wide Religion known by all people. After
      28 years, with Klemp in-charge, how close are they?
      BTW- In a past World-Wide Census over 500,000 people
      listed "Jedi" as their religion! And, Eckankar has how many
      members... 50,000 maybe? This is an old number too! For
      some reason this member count, too, is a secret.

      There are actually FOUR (not three) Keys or Precepts to
      Eckankar that every Eckist is well aware of. They are as follows:

      The FOUR S's-

      1. Secrecy
      2. Silence
      3. Surrender
      4. Service

      The "Secrecy" involves not repeating or sharing information
      with others. Now, this just isn't with "spiritual" secrets
      that can "burn" another... it's, especially, with how the
      "business" of Eckankar is run! It has to do more with
      money and what people like HK, JK, and PS are paid and
      with the property (and bank accounts, stocks, etc.) that
      they (and Eckankar) own.

      Keeping "Silent," by following the Law of Silence, is key
      to being a "follower." It has a two-fold purpose in that
      the follower or believer (Eckist) feels that they are doing
      right (loyalty) and are demonstrating discipline. Klemp
      benefits because this is a control tactic that other religions
      and secret groups have used, over time, to manipulate
      their followers.

      "Surrender" means giving one's WILL over to another.
      It means that one (the follower) is to stop thinking about
      and analyzing Klemp's words beyond their one-dimensional
      content. It means stop questioning anything that is written
      by and approved by the leader (Klemp). And, the true
      (brain-washed) believer "knows" (second guesses) the
      LEM/Mahanta as to what is NOT to be to be said or repeated
      without it being spelled out in writing as a Spoken, (or
      Unspoken), Rule, Zoa, or Guideline!

      "Service" (in Eckankar) is KEY on many levels. One must
      be a "current" member in order to "Serve," and that means
      paying for that Annual Membership. Of course, donating
      time (to bring in new customers/members) and money
      (for materials) comes with this. It is said that one must
      have "outflow" in order to have "inflow." This "spiritual"
      concept, however, is not unique to Eckankar, although,
      many Eckists think it is entirely (EK) Divine Wisdom passed
      down from the "lineage" of Eck Masters (Twitchell's imagination
      and con). Eckists really need to read more!

      Except, Klemp does the chicken/egg switch around.
      Everything is of SPIRIT (ECK, trademark) and this has
      always existed. Therefore, even if a NON-EK Master
      (in the past) said something relevant or insightful HK
      can still claim it as having come from the ECK Masters!
      Look at the voyage of Columbus! EK Master Fubbi gave
      Columbus the idea that Europe needed "protein" and
      EK Master Rebazar was even onboard to guide Columbus
      to the Americas (not the U.S. however). But, Klemp
      never gives an explanation for the repercussions of
      these visits by Governor Columbus. Klemp never mentions
      the Negative results that Fubbi and Rebazar were involved
      with! Klemp tries to have it his way, once again, without
      taking responsibility or showing the Bigger Picture! Besides,
      Europe had even more sources for "protein" than the
      Americas did. The Americas didn't have the domesticated
      meat sources for one thing!

      Anyway, as I said in the beginning of these comments,
      people feel "special" and "safer" in small group settings
      and that's one reason why these cults have become more
      attractive by many spiritual seekers.

      Prometheus

      Hello, Nancy!

      Thank you so much for sharing the highlights of your
      "Christian cult" experience. It also gives warning to those
      leaving one spiritual/religious group (like Eckankar) to watch
      out. So often when a person abandons one, he or she is eager
      to find something else to fill the void. There is danger in
      being duped and conned again.

      I think it is just evil to take over a person's life like these
      cults do. Belief is what people search for, something to
      hold onto, in figuring out what life and being is all about.
      For me, I believe in the importance of believing in oneself!
      When others take over and control a person, that belief in
      self is muddled and confused and basically lost.

      I'm glad you removed yourself from that group. It was very
      interesting to read what you wrote!

      Best regards,
      Mish

      nancy brunelle lonwakome wrote:

      > Hello Again -
      > I was in what I would consider a local cult. The leader/instigator/perpetrator
      was a local pastor who, after some kind of spiritual experience began channeling
      material from someone named Phoebe who lived back in the day of the mystery
      religions in ancient Greece. It was all very secretive, and I was led to it
      through a friend. I made the mistake of confiding to her that I was having out
      of body experiences, and one of the experiences I described supposedly involved
      the entity who was doing the channeling for the group. The group was for
      Christian women, who were the leaders, but in reality the pastor had control, as
      he was the one who would receive the "messages" from Phoebe. There were levels
      of "advancement" that were controlled by Phoebe, and the pastor, and the elder
      sisters in the group. I was considered to have a great spiritual gift, but
      first I had to meet all the qualifications and be advanced. Ironically, one of
      the first requirements for me was that I cease all unauthorized out of body
      travel.
      (are you getting the picture here?) It was all about control, control, CONTROL,
      and if I was allowed to communicate with Phoebe directly, I would know all the
      "secrets" - which could be very dangerous if the "enemy" got a hold of them!!!
      The Enemy were those spirits out in the ethers who were bent on destroying the
      work that Phoebe was trying to accomplish here on Earth, you see....

      > Needless to say, the originator of the group saw nothing positive in me,
      and blocked my advancement every chance he got. He never figured out that
      he really had nothing to fear from me - I wasn't out to expose him, and I let
      him know that on several occasions, but that only fueled his distaste. I just
      wanted to share the teachings, and deepen my own spirituality. I had little
      use for all the trappings and the mind games. That was another thing that
      he used against me to question whether I was a true sister, truly called to the
      mission of the order. Loyalty was measured in terms of obedience - and I was
      happy to be obedient to God. Just not the humans who were trying to dictate
      what I should and should not know based on my obedience to THEM..
      So I was usually one who asked a lot of annoying questions when a concept
      was given or an order came forth. Suffice it to say there were a lot of fear
      tactics used to keep us all in line.

      > There's more that I could say, but that's the basics.

      > I actually came accross Eckankar while I was in the order, but any association
      with it was strictly forbidden. I thought that Eck people were all these
      wonderful people who were going out of body doing spiritual work in what
      we used to call "the half-world". That was my cult's name for the place where
      people go when thay are not quite ready for the next plane of existance. It's
      got ghosts, and people who are still emotionally tied to people here on earth,
      or people who don't realize they have died, can't find the light, etc. Souls who
      are "stuck" for various reasons. So I decided to look Eckankar up again after
      all these years, but I came across your survivor site. Since I consider myself
      a cult survivor as well, I wanted to learn about you, and share what I also
      experienced with others.

      > Speaking of learning, I want to say that I did learn a lot from all the
      I see that the reasons you keep up the commentary on these people is not
      because you are "stuck" in it - I now understand the service you are providing
      for others so that they can begin to, or continue to question, and so that they
      have a place to go when they want to make the leap to get out. Thanks to all
      who hung in there with me on this and were patient while I figured it out.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2009
        Have you included this site in your links section?

        http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/radha_soami_satsang_beas/

        I came across it the other day. It reads a lot like
        E.S.A., only the members are from another group.

        The archive section begins here:

        http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/2004/11/index.html

[...]

        they=2
        0(and Eckankar) own.

> [...]

        self is muddled and confused and basically lost.

        I'm glad you removed yourself from that group. It was very

        interesting to read what you wrote!

        Best regards,

        Mish

        nancy brunelle lonwakome wrote:

        > Hello Again -

        > I was in what I would consider a local cult. The
        leader/instigator/perpetrator

        was a local pastor who, after some kind of spiritual experience began
        channeling

        material from someone named Phoebe who lived back in the day of the
        mystery

        religions in ancient Greece. It was all very secretive, and I was led
        to it

        through a friend. I made the mistake of confiding to her that I was
        having out

        of body experiences, and one of the experiences I described supposedly

        the entity who was doing the channeling for the group. The group was for0D

> [...]

        > I actually came accross Eckankar while I was in the order, but any
        association

        with it was strictly forbidden. I thought that Eck people were all these

        wonderful people who were going out of body doing spiritual work in what

        we used to call "the half-world". That was my cult's name for the place
        where

        people go when thay are not quite ready for the next plane of
        existance. It's

        got ghosts, and people who are still emotionally tied to people here on
        earth,

        or people who don't realize they have died, can't find the light, etc.
        Souls who

        are "stuck" for various reasons. So I decided to look Eckankar up again
        after

        all these years, but I came across your survivor site. Since I consider

        a cult survivor as well, I=2
        0wanted to learn about you, and share what I
        also

        experienced with others.

        > Speaking of learning, I want to say that I did learn a lot from
        all the

        mark.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2009
          Hello Etznab,
          This is interesting as is reading about the Tao.
          But, I'm familiar with this "path" and, once again,
          one (Soul) needs to become their own teacher.
          And, if people are not peer (Soul = Soul) then
          it all just becomes another religion with an "expert"
          in charge.

          Speaking of Klemp... I saw that in Mexico a man,
          Jesus Malverde, is worshipped because he helped
          the poor (like Robin Hood). There are even miracles
          attributed to him and he provides "protection" for
          the drug dealers. He is called the Narco Saint.

          What "Miracles" are attributed to Klemp? And who
          has HK "protected?" I know that he didn't perform
          any Miracles or offer Protection to those H.I.s who
          have died from Cancer in the last couple of years.

          I'll add the Church of the Churchless to the LINKS.

          Prometheus

          etznab wrote:

          > Have you included this site in your links section?

          http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/radha_soami_satsang_beas/

          *BTW Etznab, here's another article (below) with
          a different perspective that addresses the above one
          that you listed. IMO- One can play golf, ride a bike, etc.
          and experience the same "spiritual" benefits as with
          Tai Chi or with the Qi. This would be the true Tao...
          which is individual.

          http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/2009/07/tai-chi-doesnt-have-much-to-do-with-qi.html

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
            Hello Etznab and All,
            I found more interesting info on this site about
            the origination of the ECKankar Teachings. Radha
            Soami Satsang Beas was founded by Kirpal Singh's
            Master [Kirpal was Paul Twitchell's real Master (aka
            Sudar Singh, Rebazar Tarzs) from 1955-1965].
            Kirpal split from Radha Soami and founded Ruhani
            Satsang and died (age 80) three years after Twitchell
            (age 63) in 1974.

            http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/2004/11/index.html

            From the Church of the Churchless:

            We all want to belong.

            The Church of the Churchless welcomes those who
            feel like they don't belong, even if they are members
            of an organized religion or spiritual faith.

            You can be a member and not belong. You can sit
            through a communal service, sermon, celebration,
            or cermony, and still say to yourself: I don't belong
            here. You are going through the outward motions
            of what it means to be a member, but deep down you
            know that somewhere else is your real spiritual home.

            A lot of people feel this way. No one is alone in feeling
            alone. The big questions we all need to ask are:

            What am I missing?

            And: Can any organization give it to me?

            Every person has to come to grips with these questions
            by himself or herself. That said, here are my own pithy
            answers:

            Reality and No.

            By "reality," I mean a direct experience of what is really,
            really, real--what lasts when everything else passes away.
            Let's call this "God" for lack of a better term.

            If I am to experience God, where will this occur?

            Where every other experience of mine occurs:
            in my consciousness. The same is true for you,
            and for every other person on Earth.

            Nothing is real for us except what we consciously experience.

            A religious organization provides experiences of--
            no surprise here--a religious organization.

            What else would we expect?

            Well, many people illogically believe that an experience
            of something that isn't God can substitute for the real
            thing. It can't. God is God. Ultimate reality is ultimate
            reality.

            Everything else is everything else.

            So if you want to truly belong to God, to reality, you
            can't belong to anything else. For that thing will water
            down your experience of God to a greater or lesser
            degree. Usually greater, because our natural tendency
            is to cling tightly to the familiar rather than embrace
            mystery. And God is the ultimate Mystery.

            Bottom line: you can join the Church of the Churchless.

            Even more: you must join the Church of the Churchless
            if you want to know God.

            But this joining is wholly within you, not without.
            There are no application forms to fill out, no dues
            to be paid, no initiation ceremonies to be gone through.

            You are the Church of the Churchless. So am I.
            And so is everyone who wants to experience reality
            rather than religion, truth rather than dogma, substance
            rather than shadows.

            Each of us must make a choice. You or I can say,
            "I am a Christian," "I am a Muslim," "I am a Buddhist,"
            "I am a Hindu," "I am a Wiccan," "I am a Taoist," or whatever
            other faith [Eckankar] we subscribe to at the moment.

            The other option is to simply say with conviction, "I am."
            Do that, and you have joined the Church of the Churchless.
            Welcome. You belong. We have a lot to share.