  • nancy brunelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
      Sharon - You were part of the EckGestapo???  I was head of a sub-group in my cult called "the watchers", and guess what we got to do!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
        Hello Nancy and All,
        The Regional Eck Spiritual Aide (RESA) is the
        head of the local (state/country) EK Satsang
        Society, a chartered affiliate of Eckankar.

        The RESA (a 7th Initiate) is the head of the
        local EK Police/Gestapo. Local Board members
        and (usually) trusted Higher Initiate Leaders
        (Directors, etc.) can become members of,
        or part of the local EK Gestapo. Would you
        believe that some H.I.s have a problem with
        spying for the Mahanta and turning people
        in! BTW- Sometimes lower initiates are asked
        to watch H.I.s and report strange or unEK like
        behaviour back to the RESA.

        Watching, listening, taking notes and then
        squealing on people becomes especially
        useful when an Eckist's name comes forth
        on the computer generated "eligible for
        initiation" list from the ESC. If RESAs don't
        know the individual very well they will call
        their source (Gestapo spy) in the local area
        and ask for a report on this person and/or
        whether they should be promoted. If one
        would say No, then, they must explain why.

        Of course, the RESA reports to the International
        Gestapo Leaders, and Klemp, located at the
        Eck Spiritual Center (ESC) in Chanhassen, MN.

        I know these things to be true because I, too,
        was one of these spies for my RESAs before
        and after I became a H.I.

        Actually, I was asked about certain individuals
        (by local leaders) before the RESA position was
        created. I got around a lot (in the state) and met
        with and befriended more Ekists than most of
        the other EK leaders knew.

        Behind-the-scenes the running of the business
        (Eckankar) is very secretive. This is why "The Law
        of Silence" and "Surrender" have become key elements
        to making it all work... for Klemp.

        After all, Why would the "All-Knowing" 14th Initiate
        Mahanta/LEM need to have computer generated
        eligibility lists (based, mostly, upon length of time
        and current $$$ membership status) and spies helping
        RESAs to make the final decision on initiations?

        Prometheus