Re: More Thoughts on Beating the Dead Horse.

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
      <yawn>

      Nancy, what you write is *so* old and I can't help but wonder when MN and the behind-the-scenes eckthugs on the EckGestapo Committee to Silence the "Detractors" is going to give up! You sound so much like that slimy phony Doug Marman it's not even amusing. It's sad.

      Please stop making assumptions about those who choose to speak out against ekult on the internet. Your assumptions are based on the lies ekult has programmed cult members with, about those who wake up and get out. They're just not true. In fact, you (and so many others before you) are simply showing how deeply indoctrinated they are by assuming that exposing ekult's lies is "bad", and that "detractors" are stuck in "detractordom" and totally consumed with it. You know, sort of like EckVahanas - but reversed! <gg>

      I have a little bit of news for you. When you get out, you DO have a life apart from this - on all levels, physical, spiritual, emotional, etc. Unlike CultVahanas, who are totally consumed with that "co-worker" nonsense, which is simply recruiting new members and most definitely NOT leading anyone to God/Spirit/Whatever.

      I am very grateful that other former members were doing it back in the 90's. It hasn't been a personal issue for me for a long time, and I spend little time at it, but then I'll remember...and I know it's important. It's old for me, but ekult continues to suck in innocent new people and keep them trapped with the lies. And when they come across the truth on the internet, it may be a bit shocking at first, but many end up just like me, free of it and very thankful. So, I remember what it was like for me and realize that even though I'm not doing much, I want to be here and help others as I was helped many years ago.

      Following your "logic", abused and molested children should be told to just suck it up and keep their mouths shut, be grateful for the experience, and "move on" - and allow their molesters to continue doing what they're doing to other innocents. Well, thank goodness as time goes on that's changing, and now we've got Megan's Law. Too bad there's not a Megan's Law for pseudo-spiritual multi-level-marketing rackets like eckankar, its spawn, and many other similar scams.

      Well, this is enough, I've been away & trying to catch up on the email but just *had* to say something about your ridiculous post. Do you realize that you're actually using "cultic tactics", trying to shame people into doing what the cult wants them to do? I get sick of stuff like this. As I said, it's old.

      Have a nice week, everyone!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hello Nancy, I started something good
        for myself when I left eckankar. I am
        my own path... this is my journey.

        Just because I point out the flaws of
        this religion (eckankar) and others doesn't
        mean I haven't moved on, or am not learning
        and living the "spiritual life." You haven't
        seen the whole of it... only a small part.
        Thus, you've made an erroneous assumption
        on that point, but thanks for the concern.

        I've found it interesting how eckists
        (and people in general) continue to become
        trapped via their needs and fears and guilts
        (shame too). They need masters and experts
        and those in authority to look up to. When
        one discovers their own Truth and the pieces
        to their private puzzle, then, the grand
        puzzle (of the Who, Why, When, How, etc.)
        begins to be understood. Then one is able
        to avoid other traps via knowledge of Soul
        and Spirit (imo).

        On another note: Recently, after a family
        function, a group of us went to a restaurant
        and it was announced that one person amongst
        us wanted to say a prayer. He wanted everyone
        to hold hands (I declined). He then began
        a very loud and long winded prayer. He probably
        wanted to get noticed, and to show everyone
        just how holy (holier than thou) that he was.
        I didn't pray his prayer either or fall for
        his control tactic. You see, he's a fundamentalist
        Christian, but of a small church which is
        very cult like. The minister demands that his
        flock do his will and has told them that if
        he commands them to that they should allow
        him to sleep with their wives. Not that he
        would (perhaps), but his whole point was to
        get them to surrender to his will... completely
        This "praying man" was one of the minister's
        deacons (similar to an H.I.). They go out into
        the public to flex their so-called "spiritual"
        muscles by judging others "lower" than themselves
        while they prey with the intimidation tactics
        they have been taught.

        BTW- I noticed that this guy's wife seemed
        to be very submissive and kept looking up
        at me and smiling while I was joking with
        some people at the table.

        FYI, we're not beating a dead horse either!
        Eckists continue to read the info here.
        Plus, ESA tends to look at the and analyze
        the current situation with eckankar and
        eckists, as well as, the comments of Klemp
        and the direction he is taking them.

        I find it interesting that some of those
        intelligent and kind H.I.'s that I knew
        over the years (friends) are still members
        of a religion that they don't really believe
        in any longer. These H.I.s merely pay lip
        service to eckankar and to Klemp. However,
        Klemp does the same to them! So, is it any
        wonder HK's made a mess of things since he's
        the one who has sown the seeds producing
        the weeds in the eck garden!

        Thus, this site will continue (for awhile longer)
        to the regret of those true blue delusional
        Klemp eckists (and interlopers), or whomever.

        Prometheus

        lonwakome (Nancy) wrote:
[...]

      • postekcon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2009
          There are many 'lurkers' to this site seeking clarification to their questions and doubts, and I once was one!

          Many current members of ekult are awakening [I know this, they ask to speak with me, but I cannot reach them all] so there is a great need for sites such as ESA.

          Believe me when I say ESA has its finger on the pulse of the consciousness of these 'awakening ones'. The issues discussed here are those exact same being brought to me!

          Postekcon