Re: another one bites the dust...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2009
      Hello, Avonblue!

      I enjoyed reading your post--you very well sum it all
      up and actually point out how un-enlightened we were
      as eckists. It is really all so delusional. I hope you are
      enjoying your freedom now to be who you really are. What
      I find laughable are those nerdy pics of HK that are plastered
      all around--how in the world do people become attracted to
      such a weird looking guy? And the books he has published--
      so bland and unscholarly written. I'm not angry that I slipped
      up by joining eckankar--I can laugh about it really . . . about
      being duped for a bit!! I just don't plan to let it happen again.
      I agree that the teachings ( leaves) are drying up on the vine!
      That's a good one! Thanks for your post!

      On another note, Prometheus--I have enjoyed you sharing
      HK's venom directed toward his higher initiates! Odd that he
      picks them and then he picks them apart! It seems that an eckist
      can obtain higher initiations but they mean absolutely nothing!
      But of course those of us who have left eckankar figured that
      out a long time ago! LOL!

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "avonblue1212" <gowiththeflow1212@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > A few examples: contemplate on the master – his picture is everywhere! (books, discourses, official pictures – now rising from the clouds even) Stare at anyone's picture long enough and you'll meet them in the dream state to be sure. True contemplation of the eck works – sure, keep rereading the shariyat tell how you'll burn forever in astral hell if you leave the path or talk negatively about it. Spread the `message' – how else to pass along a cult - leave posters (they even have a poster team and coordinator for crying out loud! Hang up hu cards. The underlying credo of this path is we are better than anyone else. If only the best musicians, artists, scientists, politicians were eckists – than THAT would be something. But alas, as they are, they only function off some lower plane, so don't pay them much attention. Talk about an EGO!!!
      >
      > I'd felt for some time an inner nudge to look deeper into my own truth but had resisted, believing I'd found all I could ever need to reach God in eckankar. But alas, spirit spoke over the din – it eventually leads to truth. I sat in intros listening to real people with a heartfelt need and desire to find God, talking of amazing dreams and experiences, only to see their eyes glaze over when they were fed the `required' dogma of a `rehearsed dog and pony show'. Like, let's stop now at the most in appropriate time and do a hu chant – or lets introduce the LEM now – as he's the answer to everything. Or, if you want to attend a worship service… These people left and never came back.
      >
      > No matter how much I've tried to accept otherwise I can no longer, without complete disownment of all common sense and rationalism, not to mention self-respect, believe this path is valid. Books, websites, blogs, former members and common sense individuals keep pointing fingers at this organization, asking, sometimes demanding, answers. Other teachings have emerged declaring a similar lineage as eckankar (see dhuanmi). (hey, one of these Living masters has to be lying, right – they both claim the same lineage except the dhunami masters bit on the ugly stick somewhere along the line). This teaching is slowly dying on the vine. There's absolutely no credibility left.
      >
      > The depth of the deceit, falsehoods, singular ownership of universal concepts, and word play in the outer and inner organization is unfathomable. Again, when a teaching (and its rationalizations) defies common sense – truth is simply missing, not hidden in the morass. It feels criminal to me. And, of course I shouldn't get angry because that would be letting in one of the five passions. I guess it's better to sit like a lifeless zombie and just surrender!!! I don't think so!

    • Ma-li
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2009
        Hi avonblue1212,

        Welcome to the group of survivors who also "saw the Light", and made the choice of leaving Eckankar.  Some of us, also were sheep following the shepherd for 30+ years.  For myself,  it wasn't an easy decision, and I pondered on it for 5 years before I took the final step to freedom.  There was a space of time where I wondered "what now" and "where do I go from here?".  Spirit has a way of guiding us that has nothing to do with a Master, and we just have to follow It's lead. You also will find what's right for you, and it might be what you least expect, or it might be something that has always been a part of your life.

        There is a book called "Creator's Code" by Ed McGaa, Eagle Man  that you might enjoy reading. I'd like to use this quote from his book, that pretty well sums up how I feel about religions, Masters and the like.

        "God gave me a mind.  It also has taught me thru It's Nature how truly precious the meaning of the word "Freedom" is. ..."Let's conclude that I have chosen to sacralize Nature.  I would consider it a denial to my Ultimate Creator were I to let an ulterior-motivated human prioritize his precepts over me, contrary to what I can learn directly from God's Nature".

        Walk in beauty.  Walk in peace. Walk in freedom.

        Ma-li

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2009
          Well said Ma-li and Avonblue!
          I brought this back for another look.
          Yes, for years I, too, tried to believe
          completely in the powers of the LEM
          & Mahanta in order to have the same
          (or similar) inner experiences as PT and
          even Phil Morimitsu wrote about. If I had
          been more prone to suggestion (mass
          or self-hypnosis) and more needy then
          perhaps I could have deluded myself
          better and been more successful.

          However, I did attempt to buy into it
          via volunteer positions, doing intros,
          teaching Satsang classes, trainings, etc.
          and that did help to get me promoted
          (and climb the initiation ladder) over
          time. I had erroneously assumed that
          the EK Higher Initiations people obtained
          equated to having Higher "Levels" of
          Consciousness. But, it became obvious
          that this wasn't true due to some of the
          very nasty and ego/power driven (higher)
          H.I.s that I had to deal with. And, this
          was not just with those fellow H.I.s from
          my "local" Satsang.

          When at major EK seminars I had volunteered
          to work with other H.I.s and met many
          more socially. I found it hard to believe
          that these idiots were longer time and
          higher H.I.s than I was! They had flown
          under the LEM's/Mahanta's radar somehow!
          How could this happen? Why would this happen?

          The "How" and "Why" became more obvious
          the more that I analyzed (thought about) what
          Klemp was actually saying... which wasn't much,
          let alone new.

          That 09/2003 H.I. Letter (checK the FILES
          section, members only) involving Joan's
          "test" with that THIRD Temporary Postal Clerk
          was a perfect example showing Klemp's true
          (nasty) nature. No true Mahanta/God-man
          would have made such mean spirited remarks
          even if it was true... which it wasn't!

          Basically, eckANKAR is like all religions and,
          especially, Ruhani Satsang and Radhasoami.
          Except, EKists have been desensitized with
          Klemp's double-talk and their own fear of Truth.
          What do they have to replace their religion with...
          another religion? Why do people NEED religion...
          fear, guilt, shame?

          But, Why does SOUL need a religion?
          Why, especially when the LEM just repeats
          PT's Shariyat words and stolen (borrowed)
          concepts, or when HK quotes famous people
          of the past? One can read this on one's on!

          Prometheus