Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Patti Resigned and Was Not Removed!

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 16, 2009
      Prometheus,

      Thanks for sharing that. I only knew about this
      what I had read.

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 27, 2009
        Something else for this thread. From The
        Truth-Seeker site.

        It doesn't have to do with the August 7th,
        1983 meeting. Not unless that was the
        time when Patti became not active. My
        guess was it refers to some time later.

        [....]

        A question for Doug. Is Patti Simpson still
        an Eckist? I send all who read this my love

        Freeman

        http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.aspx?st=268&page=168#m264

        I believe this is a record TO FREEMAN of
        Doug's response:

        "[....] I know that Patti does still feel very
        fond feelings toward Paul, but she is also
        not active in Eckankar. Past that, I would
        rather she answer the rest for herself. [....]"

        http://thetruth-seeker.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=310

        I'm not sure of the date when Doug gave
        a response, but I assume it was February
        2004. The 16th?

        Freeman's question is dated February 9th.

        http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.aspx?st=268&page=168#m264

        Doug Marman doesn't appear to respond
        until days later, but I think the link where he
        did respond is currently not working.

        http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.aspx?st=315&page=164

        Although Doug posted on the 22nd, my
        guess is that he responed to Freeman on
        the 16th. That was the date on the Vanilla
        Forum link.

        There are a number of links (more than a few)
        on the new TruthSeeker site that don't work at
        the present time.

        At any rate, according to D
        oug (apparently)
        Patti was "not active in Eckankar" in 2004 -
        at least.

        I don't know when Patti became not active,
        or why. Neither do I know whether she was
        terminated or resigned from her position of
        Eckankar Secretary in 1983. In Ford's book
        it read, to me, like she was terminated from
        that position and replaced by Joan, Harold's
        future wife.

        etznab wrote:

[...]

        About how=2
        0many books Paul Twitchell

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 2, 2009
          Thanks for the info Etznab. I kind of
          figured that Patti wasn't active in ECKankar
          since she was talking so highly about Ram
          Dass recently. And, since she hasn't kept
          her EK Membership current, this means
          that her consciousness is now around
          that of a current 2nd Initiate! Wow! From
          8th to 2nd just because of a few bucks
          ($$$)! Actually, would a real spiritual
          "path" charge money to maintain one's
          (Soul's) inner plane level of consciousness?
          Well, yes! Because all of this (religions, etc.)
          is of the physical and Not the spiritual.
          That's why they sell books and other
          materials and require "requested" donations!
          The only "free lunch" (freedom) comes
          when Soul eliminates the middleman!

          Prometheus

          Etznab wrote:
[...]