Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Are you kidding?

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2005
      In a message dated 9/4/2005 5:35:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ctecvie@... writes:

      >I noticed that, too. There were some weird things going on as
      well. The smoking issue? The misuse of an address to post "negative"
      things?
      ***   Dysfunctional, dysfunctional, dysfunctional!!!   LOL  Actually they all are just experiencing life like the rest of us.   If you have time, which I hope you do not, if you read from that group for any length of time you will see just how deep this dysfunction goes within the group, outside.   Who is have an affair with whom in huchat,  etc.....  doesn't take an outsider to see it.   Anyone else see it as a soap opera?   LOL

      >There are more like him on the list. I see the people on huchat as
      human beings struggling with the same issues as the next person,
      enjoying life in the same way as the next person, grieving and
      having fun in exactly the same way as we all, and all this without
      the mahanta in our lives!
      ***  The only difference though is they spend years, (as I did) turning it all over to the eck and mahanta only to struggle with the outcome.  Must be Karma if things don't go as they would have hoped....  I can be a control freak, so eventually just said the hell with this crap!  My life has actually become so much calmer, and balanced since I left.  Yet I bet those eckies were hoping I would fall flat on my face, go straight to eckankrap hell, crash and burn.
      >This is a legacy from Eckankar I still am struggling with - to get
      back to "normal" behavior, compassion, and to help when necessary.
      It's so easy to say it's karma and people have to take care of
      themselves and to solve their problems themselves.
      *** Ingrid I experience this behavior still too!   Out 2 years, and still catch myself saying something that sounds eckish.   My husband has been a great sounding board for me.  He'll let me "have it" when it starts to sound eckishly loony.....  but he claims I am getting better!
      >Of course we can only do so much and they have to do the rest by themselves - but we can offer a hand all the same.
      *** Right!  I know what you mean, yet some eckies are so programmed that the first sign of others like them having "Karmic Issues", they act as if it is a disease and they want nothing to do with it, might be contagious.    LOL  well we were taught karma can seem like a disease, follows use from life time to life time till we get it right.
      > Compassion is something that is only
      talked of in Eckankar - it's much easier and so convenient to get on
      with our life and leave the others struggling where we could help!
      *** <sigh> sometimes other don't want to be helped.....  many of them deep in the eckankrap teachings.