Re: HK Rehashes the Past With "Kicking Cow" Stories

  • noneckster
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2009
      As far as Klemp's VANITY and other H I's, here is a quote from Thoreau: "How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." LOL

      Non Eckster ; )

      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2009
        Hello Non Eckster and All,
        Apparently Klemp's delusion includes
        coloring his past (tying up loose ends)
        via 20/20 hindsight. Thus, he comes
        across as having a "special" childhood,
        having a higher consciousness than those
        around him, and being more sensitive.
        After all, HK was being prepared "spiritually,"
        early on, by beings and forces for who
        and what he is now. However, the current
        leader of __________ could say the same!

        But, who and what would Harold be
        today if Darwin had known that HK
        jumped off a bridge, did a strip tease,
        was arrested, and was locked up in
        a mental institution for some three
        weeks? I know that HK wouldn't have
        been named the 973rd LEM by DG.
        Klemp probably would have just been
        an 7th initiate working at the ESC.
        Peter or Don would have been the
        LEM and Darwin might have still been
        the Mahanta up until his recent death.
        Klemp probably would have gotten
        his 8th, later, by Peter or Don or whomever.

        Anyway, here's a quote on page 57
        from HK's 1980 "The Wind of Change."
        I thought about this while watching
        a program about schizophrenia. One
        person, in the three case studies, was
        walking down the street and thought
        that the birds were laughing at him
        and that the trees were waving to him.
        He would hear voices and think that
        it was God speaking to him.

        HK: "Through fitful observation, I
        speculated on the rules of their sport.
        A cow earned one point for merely
        dislodging the milker and sending it
        into the alley. The two-point kicker
        could deliver both milker and milk
        belt into the alley. A three-star cow
        boasted a kick that deposited the
        milker, milk belt, and me, plus any
        stray cat, into the aisle with a single
        smooth, blindingly-fast motion.

        The latter performance drew a standing
        ovation from the entire herd. All other
        cows arose and chorused out the most
        deafening roar of approving moos. The
        victory of beast over man.

        The champion also netted extra silage
        and grist that her obliging neighbors
        pushed along in the trough with their
        noses from their own portions."

        Klemp exaggerates and twists facts
        as Twitchell did. But, it seems that this
        was an attempt to recount a past event
        in a "Mark Twain" like manner. Except,
        with Twain, we know that, his, was a
        comical or humorous perspective of
        an everyday event (a tall tale).

        With Klemp, we are expected to see
        his tall tale from a different perspective.
        We are expected to see this as an early
        "spiritual experience" leading to "higher
        spiritual truths and as a way of life known
        as ECKankar." [back cover] It's amazing
        that people still buy into this and that
        Klemp (the MAHANTA) is still talking about
        his part-time farm life and cows!

        Prometheus