Ekult, hypnosis, and tulpas

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2009
      Hi Prometheus -

      Recently you mentioned hypnosis, and coincidentally, just a few days before I'd answered a private inquiry and included an old post on hypnotism that I hadn't thought of for a long time from the files at ET, and then someone posted some interesting info on hypnotism, NLP, etc. at a.r.e. which I thought I'd add to the "hypnotism" material.

      Some years back I'd seen material on NLP, neuro-linguistic programming, and someone who was quite familiar with it told me that yes, not only does ekult use it but they knew of HI's who actually taken the courses.

      Geez, I should've "compiled" and put it all together first, and I swear, I *will* get started on new website material this year!!!

      Anyway, I know Twitch was very familiar with hypnosis, and the reason he warned his ecksheep away from it was he didn't want someone else's hypnosis interfering with his own, and the self-hypnotic tricks in the "teachings"!!

      I recently saw some of Ford Johnson's more current stuff, and all I could think was damn, it's too bad Klemp was so threatened by this man because he's really slick, wouldn't be surprised if he's got formal NLP training, Klemp would've been much smarter to keep him and use his manipulative "sales" techniques. But, I'm really glad he wrote the "expose" parts of his own experience and did a great job of compiling so much of the "anti" material that others had been discovering for many years.

      Another thing of interest from another private email, good grief I swear I've forgotten so much, back in my a.r.e. days I'd come across a book by Alexandra David-Neel, who was one of just a small handful of Westerners who were familiar with Tibet & Tibetan Buddhism way back then - Twitch recommended her to Gail in that long booklist in one of the "Letter to Gail". Anyway, when I read what she'd written about "tulpas" I realized, that's where "eckmasters" came from!!! Yep, I can see Twitch's devious little mind putting the whole scam together, even going so far as to create those "eckmaster tulpas" which have been given even more life & energy over the years by true-blue eckies. Well, I found a very nice excerpt on the web earlier today, and there's a lot of material if you do a search for "tulpa". Check out: http://www.davisanddavis.org/harvey/tulpa.html

      No matter how it appears on the outside, and how many eckists truly believe, as I did, that it was something "good" and genuinely spiritual, sorry, but no matter how it looks on the outside, what's the *real* purpose of the whole deception? I daresay those phony "eckmasters" get together on Saturday nights at their favorite astral watering hole, laughing at all the sincere innocent people they've conned, who are stuck in a dark little eckanbox with the illusion of light, love and Spirit - things they'll never know "for real" unless they break free.

      Anyway, I'll post the hypnotism stuff here when I put it together.

      Well, I'm just loving Spring here, but I got a bit carried away rooting cuttings from the beautiful double-flowered impatiens I dug up and brought indoors last year! But I'll find homes for all the "grandplants", gotta laugh, menopause killed the hormones thank goodness but I've still got the uncontrollable urge to propagate my plants!!!

      Have a wonderful week, everyone!

      Hugs,

      Sharon
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2009
        Hello Sharon and All,
        It is interesting that Harry Klemp turns
        a blind-eye toward those ECKists who use
        hypnotism as a part of their "profession,"
        (he's even mentioned this in a positive way)
        and yet tells EKists to stay away from hypnotists!

        HK seems to talk out of both sides of his
        mouth and, still, EKists don't seem to notice
        his contrary and one-dimensional messages
        and double-speak!

        The method behind this madness is to keep
        them (EKists) off-balance, confused, and
        always (second) guessing. This is why HK
        stresses the use of the imagination. And,
        this is why one delusional EK Initiate thinks
        she ("D" on HU-Chat) is a 22nd Initiate on
        the Inner! Is Klemp (the Mahanta) a 22nd
        initiate on the inner? Strange, that Graham
        can get demoted to a 1st for his comments
        while this EKist is a moderator of HU-Chat!
        Then again, Graham is a male (positive atom)
        and could have (maybe?) challenged HK for
        the LEM position. Really, though, it does
        make one wonder as to why Klemp takes
        these random dreams of his followers so
        seriously. Is he all that paranoid? Yes!

        And, there are some EKists who rationalize
        so much that they think it's okay for them
        to smoke and drink (alcohol) "behind closed
        doors" because Klemp has told EK Leaders
        (H.I.s) to do so in the H.I. Leadership Book
        (if they must)! Yet, ECK Dogma would exclude
        these chelas from Higher Initiations... wouldn't
        it? NO! One thing is stated in speech and
        in print while another thing is practiced in
        reality!

        I've known 5ths and 6ths who received their
        6th and 7th initiations after I had observed
        them smoking and drinking (behind closed
        doors), but violating the Four Zoas!

        This is just one more area of proof as to why
        Klemp (M/LEM) knows nothing and that the
        Initiations are meaningless! And, where are
        those "wonderful" (and invisible) EK Masters,
        like Rebazar, who are always, supposedly,
        hanging around? Don't they "see" what's going
        on either? Apparently not! So, what good are
        the Four Zoas and all of the INNER imaginings
        when it, actually, comes down to the RESAs'
        secret police and those IRO/HIROs to let
        Klemp "know" all that he does!

        I really don't understand why some H.I.s
        are still hanging onto this phony religion
        (ECKankar) or onto any religion. One really
        doesn't need to have a religious fix. It's just
        another bad habit that people can do without
        and need to kick! It is interesting that people
        have needed an organized belief system from
        the beginning of time. And yet, ECKists claim
        to be advanced Souls - that still need a religion?
        Why is that? Isn't that another contradiction
        and rationalization? Of course it is! Why do
        "advanced Souls (ECKists)" need to buy into
        EK Myth that is based upon Christian Myth,
        Hindu Myth, and other Myths?

        It's ironic, isn't it, that these "advanced EK
        Souls" can't see the forest because of the
        trees! They're too close to see the big picture
        and to be objective! Most are too fearful to
        go it alone and without a religion (crutch).
        That's why ECKankar became their substitute
        religion in the first place! But, there's always
        the Holy Spirit and Soul is Divine right! Thus,
        why is it necessary to follow someone else's
        Lower Plane teachings and rules! Let's face it,
        most religions are as much about following
        "rules" and "guidelines" as they are scripture!

        Is this what ECKists signed up for (to follow
        rules and guidelines) when they first joined?
        No! Of course not! They were gradually socialized
        into the group-think and hidden dogma! This
        is the Bait and Switch of ECKankar that is Not
        divulged at intros. The "initiations" are the
        most important part of the teachings. However,
        as many as a "third" of all EKists have given
        up on receiving another initiation in their lifetime!
        Sad, but true! This is why Klemp encourages
        them to pretend and "imagine" more for themselves
        on the "inner planes." But, as Graham found out
        the hard way, some imaginings cannot be shared
        (even with the M/LEM)!

        Later-
        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2009

          > Hello Sharon and All,
          > It is interesting that Harry Klemp turns
          > a blind-eye toward those ECKists who use
          > hypnotism as a part of their "profession,"
          > (he's even mentioned this in a positive way)
          > and yet tells EKists to stay away from hypnotists!

          Which reminded me, does anyone out there remember the case where an eckist therapist, I think in Germany, lost their license when a patient objected to some kind of so-called "therapy" using eckstuff and I believe hypnotism? Seems to me I found this while looking for more info on that mini mass-suicide awhile back, which I seem to recall was on an island, perhaps with a "French" name, I think it was six eckists or something?

          Klemp only sees membership figures, book sales, etc.

          Anyway, if perchance anyone's got the links to these stories, please send them! I know I've got them saved somewhere, just wish that years ago I'd started printing things out. I do much better with file cabinets, folders, and printouts!!

          > HK seems to talk out of both sides of his
          > mouth and, still, EKists don't seem to notice
          > his contrary and one-dimensional messages
          > and double-speak!

          Seems to me this was "ecksplained" somewhere, I believe Twitch said that there was actually no inconsistency or "double-speak", it all makes perfect sense if you're high-holey-ecky-spirichul enough. If you question, doubt, or don't "get it", you've just got to work at it harder!! Just turn off your mind and believe!!

          > The method behind this madness is to keep
          > them (EKists) off-balance, confused, and
          > always (second) guessing. This is why HK
          > stresses the use of the imagination. And,
          > this is why one delusional EK Initiate thinks
          > she ("D" on HU-Chat) is a 22nd Initiate on
          > the Inner! Is Klemp (the Mahanta) a 22nd
          > initiate on the inner? Strange, that Graham
          > can get demoted to a 1st for his comments
          > while this EKist is a moderator of HU-Chat!
          > Then again, Graham is a male (positive atom)
          > and could have (maybe?) challenged HK for
          > the LEM position. Really, though, it does
          > make one wonder as to why Klemp takes
          > these random dreams of his followers so
          > seriously. Is he all that paranoid? Yes!

          hECK, it didn't take me that long to stop thinking just to save my sanity. <gg> You can go nuts trying to make sense of all the nonsense!! Like, first Klemp warned about the dangers & negativity of the internet & said he barely escaped in time. Then, they're telling everyone to get on the internet and recruit, just to be sure to use that official disclaimer!

          > And, there are some EKists who rationalize
          > so much that they think it's okay for them
          > to smoke and drink (alcohol) "behind closed
          > doors" because Klemp has told EK Leaders
          > (H.I.s) to do so in the H.I. Leadership Book
          > (if they must)! Yet, ECK Dogma would exclude
          > these chelas from Higher Initiations... wouldn't
          > it? NO! One thing is stated in speech and
          > in print while another thing is practiced in
          > reality!

          Yep, the hypocrisy of that "do it behind closed doors" bothered me.

          It was okay for the late eckssaint Millie Moore to smoke openly, and they sort of turned it into a virtue in her case.

          Just because Klemp had a problem with drinking doesn't mean a glass of wine with dinner or a cold beer on a hot day is "bad". Like recently, someone was asking about eckists in countries where beer & wine are actually more of a "food" - like France and Germany, where I believe actually there's less alcoholism since it's a basic part of life, unlike here in the US.

          And I still have to go thru all the old eckstuff and find the "Club Med" stuff which really made my jaw drop when I read it. Klemp told eckies to cut out the bed-hopping at seminars because it tended to put off potential recruits!!! Not one word about the spiritual implications, and I happened to think of one married HI with a non-eckist husband who was notorious for screwing around at seminars, and told me it was great for "balancing". Excuse me? What about Maybury's Laws? Don't they apply to marriage?

          Hey, I'm not a prude or anything, I just believe in honesty, keeping your word, and respecting other people's property. Learned that as a kid.

          And it's sort of ironic, since when I was an eckist, an HI said that Klemp was carrying on openly & traveling to seminars with Joan while he was still married to Marge - he wasn't keeping it behind closed doors!

          The internet was an eye-opener. Yep, just as Twitch had promised back in the beginning, all my questions eventually *were* answered!

          When I was a true-blue eckie, something bothered me when I read Klemp's ecksplanation for the divorce, that his wife just couldn't handle his masterly power flows. I'd been "taught" that The Master kept the chelas balanced and all that other nonsense. And what about their daughter?

          > I've known 5ths and 6ths who received their
          > 6th and 7th initiations after I had observed
          > them smoking and drinking (behind closed
          > doors), but violating the Four Zoas!

          Back when I was a lowly 3rd and on lunch break at Arahata training, went in the bar for coffee & cigarettes - there was no coffee shop.

          An older eckist was there, and he came over & sat down next to me and said it wasn't a good idea to let "them" see me smoking in public, there might be repercussions. I was surprised, smoking was a big issue with me and I'd tried so hard to quit, but I was innocent and at the time thought it was a genuine "spiritual path". <gg> Well, I expressed my surprise at his advice, said I didn't see why it mattered to anyone else since it was between me & the "mahanta", and I certainly wasn't going to sneak around and be a phony about it! He sort of smiled and said words to the effect that "I'd learn".

          > This is just one more area of proof as to why
          > Klemp (M/LEM) knows nothing and that the
          > Initiations are meaningless! And, where are
          > those "wonderful" (and invisible) EK Masters,
          > like Rebazar, who are always, supposedly,
          > hanging around? Don't they "see" what's going
          > on either? Apparently not! So, what good are
          > the Four Zoas and all of the INNER imaginings
          > when it, actually, comes down to the RESAs'
          > secret police and those IRO/HIROs to let
          > Klemp "know" all that he does!

          I used to believe all that "inner" nonsense, although I always questioned getting "chosen" to begin with. <gg> Well, after many years I'd managed to convince myself that evidently "the mahanta" knew things about me that I didn't know, and who was I to question when I'd "mastered" another plane and was ready for the next?

          But it just didn't make sense. Especially as I got to know more eckists & HIs. They sure as hell didn't show any signs of all that high-holey-stuff they were supposed to "be" in the eckbbook descriptions! And shouldn't the "outer" be a reflection of the "inner"?

          So, I'd often use the "karma" excuse for things like pedophiles & philandering & just plain not-nice HIs.

          > I really don't understand why some H.I.s
          > are still hanging onto this phony religion
          > (ECKankar) or onto any religion. One really
          > doesn't need to have a religious fix. It's just
          > another bad habit that people can do without
          > and need to kick! It is interesting that people
          > have needed an organized belief system from
          > the beginning of time. And yet, ECKists claim
          > to be advanced Souls - that still need a religion?
          > Why is that? Isn't that another contradiction
          > and rationalization? Of course it is! Why do
          > "advanced Souls (ECKists)" need to buy into
          > EK Myth that is based upon Christian Myth,
          > Hindu Myth, and other Myths?

          And isn't it funny that many eckists consider themselves sort of "rebels", independent types? I remember reading Twitch back in the beginning, that members who questioned & doubted the most in the beginning frequently ended up as the "strongest" and best eckists.

          It's the carrot & stick thing. I'd read that "Spirit" had guided me to the library, and since I picked up an eckbook it meant I was "chosen", and by golly I might not get another invitation for many incarnations so I'd better join while I had the chance!! Then I'd read Twitch, saying eckists should leave books around in public places, etc. After awhile, "Spirit" started to seem pretty darned helpless, and even needed the help of expensive professional marketing companies? I wonder if they switched from using a professional phone room to answer the 1-800-lovegod calls which took calls from *many* companies to an answering machine in MN because they weren't getting enough calls to justify the expense? I called once and asked if I was speaking to an eckist or a phone room. I wonder if the same phone room got calls for the "Smilin' Bob" stuff? I wonder if Klemp uses it? <gg>

          > It's ironic, isn't it, that these "advanced EK
          > Souls" can't see the forest because of the
          > trees! They're too close to see the big picture
          > and to be objective! Most are too fearful to
          > go it alone and without a religion (crutch).
          > That's why ECKankar became their substitute
          > religion in the first place! But, there's always
          > the Holy Spirit and Soul is Divine right! Thus,
          > why is it necessary to follow someone else's
          > Lower Plane teachings and rules! Let's face it,
          > most religions are as much about following
          > "rules" and "guidelines" as they are scripture!

          Personally, from what I observed, there's only a very small percentage of what I consider genuinely good, "spiritual" HIs, probably the same percentage you'd find in any other group, religion, or whatever. And you can find genuine "teachings" buried in the nonsense of *all* religious, actually. I'd say a high percentage of "successful" HIs would be top salespeople/recruiters in some kind of MLM sales if they hadn't encountered ekult. Some do both. Actually, ekult's probably better & less expensive than Amway. <gg>

          I had one HI tell me that they knew it was a load of b.s., but by golly they'd invested over 20 years and they liked being "clergy" and performing weddings, etc.!! At least this one was honest about it.

          I just feel so sorry for the sincere ones, who have no idea that they're being conned and have settled for much less than they deserve.

          > Is this what ECKists signed up for (to follow
          > rules and guidelines) when they first joined?
          > No! Of course not! They were gradually socialized
          > into the group-think and hidden dogma! This
          > is the Bait and Switch of ECKankar that is Not
          > divulged at intros. The "initiations" are the
          > most important part of the teachings. However,
          > as many as a "third" of all EKists have given
          > up on receiving another initiation in their lifetime!
          > Sad, but true! This is why Klemp encourages
          > them to pretend and "imagine" more for themselves
          > on the "inner planes." But, as Graham found out
          > the hard way, some imaginings cannot be shared
          > (even with the M/LEM)!

          That's another thing I couldn't figure out, probably because it's a sort of "math" thing. Now, supposedly the "higher" discourses and HI books had vibes that lowbies couldn't deal with, I was *so* thrilled when I could finally read the 2nd initiate & higher "Be The Hu"!! But there was nothing "special" in it, and eventually I noticed that the same material was often in the "public" books.

          And the way they'd switch around the order of the discourses, like I remember at one point LTG III was a discourse series, I was looking forward to eventually getting it, and I was about to when all of a sudden it was a book that anyone could buy!! And the "hu" was too powerful for non-eckists, but all of a sudden it was a public "chant" at the new worship services, but there would still be "higher" members-only chants. Klemp announced that the whole world had evolved and was now at the level of 2nd initiate.

          But, members used to zoom from lst initiation to 5th in a year or so, because Twitch needed to get the word out, heck look at Darwin!! So Klemp slowed it down because people couldn't handle it & burned out. But eckists kept zooming ahead spiritually so fast that if you took a five-year "break" you'd be going backwards and so far behind everyone else you'd lose your initiations. I don't know, maybe it makes sense to other people but to me it's math, and confusing. I'm Polish. I use my fingers and toes for addition & subtraction, and pizza slices for division & fractions & stuff like that.

          So, maybe a math person could explain the discourses that change levels, and how five years equals total loss whether you're a one-year HI or it took you 20-some years to get there? And if you're not a dues-paying member, you're a 2nd whether you know it or not?

          I mean, it's like one day horrible things can happen to a non-eckist who accidentally reads the top-secret members-only discourses, like Klemp's Air Force nemisis in Japan, which taught him to keep them hidden, so he took care to hide them in the trash & distract the social worker who was taking him to the looney bin with a "safe" public eckbook.

          Which reminds me, what *was* he ripping up & flushing in that hotel room so that the housekeepers wouldn't see it? Another funny story, of course he clogged the toilet, then was too embarrassed to call hotel maintenance. Duh. Klemp has bad toilet karma. I oughtta repost the "toilet" stories again at ET for newbies. <gg>

          > Later-

          Yeah, same here - oh, I put together that "hypnotism" thing but got distracted, I'll post it separately. Darn, this has been fun but for the life of me I can't think of anything else I can do, I guess I need to just get my lazy behind moving & do the dishes & laundry, and get it over with!

          Have a good one, everyone!

          Hugs,

          Sharon