Re: Disillusioned Ecks

  • lonwakome
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2009
      I think you hit an important fact in this post. People DO want to be led around by a religion. They want someone else to do it for them. They don't (or can't) believe that they are precious to God, and they look at any so called psychic ability as an indicator that they are somehow "chosen" by God (translate: better than other people). What we label as phenomena are simple processes of nature. They don't need to be validated or proven or approved by anyone. Take fire, for instance. (With a name like Prometheus, you probably know the myth.) And you know that at some point in human development, fire was supernatural. In today's world we have an understanding of fire, we "know" it, it's a part of out lives that makes sense.
      Anyway, we tend to make rules about the stuff we don't understand. and what we mostly don't understand is that we were given all that we need for at-one-ment with the Creator, and with each other. We simply have to believe it.
      as I statd first though, people are wanting to be validated, and they are quick to give away their birthright and take "...a lead role in a cage." as the Pink Floyd lyrics go. Fear is definitely the weapon of the enemy.
      Taking back your life is a huge step. It's walking through that narrrow gate that is mentioned in the christian bible, and it takes real courage. It's a Lonwakome. And at this point in the festivities I don't need another human who claims to have an in with the higher power to tell me whether I'm good enough to be in his/her space. I'm good enough. God knows, I'm definitely good enough.
      This is long - thanks for listening!