Eckankar and Hypnosis

  • lonwakome
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2009
      I wanted to share this story with someone but have never found exactly the right place and time until now. Many years ago I attended a 3-day course in Boston to become a certified hypnotherapist. (what a joke - the Ecks aren't the only ones out there to make a buck...)
      anyway, I met this woman who was involved with Eckankar. She had a spiritual "master" whose name was so sacred she couldn't reveal it. I respected her privacy, but one of the hypnosis exercises involved some "past life regression". Well, somehow I screwed up the task and ended up in this woman's psychic space. I saw her sitting on a rock at the beach with this really handsome well-built man whom I assumed was her significant other. When we came out of the excersise I made the mistake of bringing it up to her and asking if the handsome guy with the weird name was her boyfriend - she literally started screaming at me right then and there and was very upset that I had "seen" her Eck master and not only that - I KNEW HIS NAME! It was the high point of the day, let me tell you! Anyway - I decided that this Eck stuff was all a bunch of crap that someone had contrived to screw with peoples minds - after all why were they teaching folks to hoard something that is freely available to everyone. Teaching scarcity to a world already in spiritual poverty is just plain wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2009
        Hello Ionwakome,
        Welcome to the site. It is rather ironic
        that Klemp (ECKankar's leader, the M/LEM),
        as well as Twitchell, didn't like hypnotists
        or hypnotherapists, and yet there are EKists
        who make a living in these professions and
        who draw other EKists into this Astral/Psychic
        and Mental realm.

        Yes, many years ago some Ekists were openly
        making their "path" more individualized
        and private.

        Long ago I, too, once attended a past life
        regression workshop conducted by a hypnotist.
        It was interesting, and I had good results.
        Then again, I've always had positive and
        interesting results, as well as, phenomenal
        experiences.

        And, sometimes I could "see" the same
        Astral visions as others, H.I.s included.
        At first, it would amaze me that I always
        knew, (in advance), at least two topics
        Klemp would use in his seminar talks.
        Later, I realized that HK's talks were
        mostly on an Astral level and that's
        why I was able to "read" him so easily.

        You're right that Klemp screws with the
        minds of his followers (don't all religions?),
        and he teaches "spiritual" poverty.

        HK also teaches servitude (missionary service)
        since most ECKists don't have much to give
        financially. Was this taken out of the Mormon
        handbook?

        ECKists have a poverty consciousness that
        is (pridefully) mistaken for good "spiritual"
        karma. They think that their "good" karma
        was used up in finding ECKankar in this
        lifetime. Thus, there's nothing left over
        for financial security, for added material
        comforts, or for physical health and well
        being.

        Yet, where is the "spiritual freedom," in
        this lifetime, for EK H.I.'s? Realizing that
        one "is" Soul versus having "a" Soul is the
        key to identifying One's Self as Divine and
        as a member of the Divine Hierarchy. But,
        EK H.I.'s still NEED Klemp to direct them
        and to approve of their every experience.
        They have become their own prisoners
        and see the bars, to their cells, as protection
        from outside forces. What would happen
        to these H.I.'s if they would free themselves
        by simply walking out of their cells and
        out of their prison (ECKankar)?

        For many EK H.I.'s freedom would a difficult
        adjustment. Many will return to another (or
        the same) prison of religious thought. That's
        why many people are "followers" of groups.

        Prometheus

        lonwakome wrote:

        I wanted to share this story with someone
        but have never found exactly the right
        place and time until now. Many years ago
        I attended a 3-day course in Boston to
        become a certified hypnotherapist. (what
        a joke - the Ecks aren't the only ones
        out there to make a buck...)

        anyway, I met this woman who was involved
        with Eckankar. She had a spiritual "master"
        whose name was so sacred she couldn't reveal
        it. I respected her privacy, but one of the
        hypnosis exercises involved some "past life
        regression".

        Well, somehow I screwed up the task and ended
        up in this woman's psychic space. I saw her sitting
        on a rock at the beach with this really handsome
        well-built man whom I assumed was her significant
        other.

        When we came out of the exercise I made the