Klemp's 2009 Springtime Seminar Talk (part 1)

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 15, 2009
      Here are some of Klemp's latest, but out-dated
      (and recycled) witticisms and double speak
      from the recent EK Seminar held at the Hilton
      Hotel in Minneapolis.

      BTW-These comments are from the notes
      taken by a H.I. who attended the seminar.
      I have done minimal editing, mostly, for the
      sake of conciseness.

      THE TALK:

      [Klemp]: He began by commenting on the
      bright stage lights as he shaded his eyes with
      his hand in order to look out at the audience.
      "I'm recognizing you and enjoying you," he said.

      Harry was wearing a new dark blue suit, which
      seemed a little too large on him, as if he's lost
      some weight. He was wearing a periwinkle blue
      shirt with a striped tie. His hair seemed a softer
      gray all over.

      [Klemp]: Welcomed the Guests and the Youth,
      remarking that he was glad that we had come,
      since travel is difficult for many people, with
      the economic downturn. The so-called experts
      don't really know what's going on, he cautioned.
      After all, they didn't seem to see this recession
      coming. He said that right now, overall, there
      is 8% unemployment in the U.S. While this is high,
      he recalled that unemployment during the Great
      Depression (after the stock market crash on
      October 29, 1929) was much higher, 30% "When
      your neighbor's out of work, it's a recession.
      When you're out of work, it's a depression,"
      he said with a smile.

      Klemp began by answering four questions
      that the EK Youth had prepared for him.

      Question 1: I've begun to take my connection
      with the Mahanta for granted. How can I keep
      the inner fire alive?

      [Klemp]: Life keeps us on track.
      Mind wants to go back to a comfortable
      place, and when we allow this to happen,
      things begin to go wrong. Then we ask
      the Mahanta for help. The Mahanta says,
      "Pay your dues and get yourself back on
      track. Put your attention where it belongs."
      Harry noted that for most people there is
      a pattern of being on track and then falling
      away, followed by getting on track again.
      Don't worry, says Harry, the Mahanta
      is working with you.

      Question 2: What role does humor play
      in spirituality?

      [Klemp]: Humor is not the same as wit,
      sarcasm, or comedy. Wit and sarcasm have
      a sharp bite. Humor opens the heart but
      doesn't put other people down. Spiritual
      humor has a spiritual content behind the
      laugh. Harold said that before EMF
      radiations were a problem for himself
      and Joan, they used to watch TV in the
      evening for entertainment. They were
      particularly fond of two British comedies,
      "Are You Being Served?" and "Fawlty Towers."
      The first was about a group of salespeople
      in a British department store, where each
      of them had a foible that led to amusing
      situations. The second was about a hotel
      that was run by a husband and wife.

      Question 3: What can stimulate us to
      be grateful for what we have when life
      is hard?

      [Klemp]: Do your Spiritual Exercises and
      sing HU or other spiritually charged words.
      HU can help in times of danger, misunderstandings
      and illness. He says he gets lots of letters
      from people telling him how singing HU
      helps people.

      Question 4: How to I enjoy being with
      friends when their beliefs differ from mine?
      My friends include a smoker, a gossip,
      and an atheist.

      [Klemp]: Why settle for friends like this
      (half joking)? The Eck Youth are out there
      engaging with people who don't think like
      Eckists do, and that this takes courage.
      A lot of people fall by the wayside along
      the spiritual path. He cautioned the youth
      to beware of second-hand smoke effects,
      and advised the youth to ask their friends
      not to smoke indoors. He said that if the
      smoker doesn't do this for a friend, then
      he isn't much of a friend.

      Klemp recalled that a friend of his from out
      of town, a non-Eckist, wanted to come and
      visit him, but Harry had to tell him that he was
      too sensitive to smoke to allow the visit.

      HK also recalled playing carom billiards
      (a game played on a table without pockets)
      when he began to feel dizzy from the smoke.
      As an aside, he told the audience that IF the
      other player does "test shots" before playing
      a game, don't bet any money on the outcome,
      because the player probably knows what he
      is doing! As for gossip, Harry says that gossip
      is like a skunk spraying their stink around.
      Don't listen to gossip - it will pull you down,
      he advised. Instead, listen to the Inner Master.
      [End of Part 1]

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2009
        I thought that I'd give my opinions and
        perspectives of Klemp's talk. When analyzing
        it directly, or reading between the lines,
        HK's "current" discussion subjects and
        choice of words tell volumes about his
        personality, honesty, and mental health.

        ###################################
        Here are some of Klemp's latest, but out-dated
        (and recycled) witticisms and double speak
        from the recent EK Seminar held at the Hilton
        Hotel in Minneapolis.

        BTW-These comments are from the notes
        taken by a H.I. who attended the seminar.
        I have done minimal editing, mostly, for the
        sake of conciseness.

        THE TALK:

        [Klemp]: He began by commenting on the
        bright stage lights as he shaded his eyes with
        his hand in order to look out at the audience.
        "I'm recognizing you and enjoying you," he said.

        [ME]: What an odd comment! He just got on
        stage. Maybe he's enjoying the applause and
        the reception he just received from the smaller
        crowd. Vain isn't he... to enjoy the applause
        and the smiling faces from his blind followers!

        Harry was wearing a new dark blue suit, which
        seemed a little too large on him, as if he's lost
        some weight. He was wearing a periwinkle blue
        shirt with a striped tie. His hair seemed a softer
        gray all over.

        [ME]: I really don't know if this was a "new"
        suit. Why would a person buy a "new suit"
        that was too big? Maybe Klemp has lost weight,
        or maybe he's trying to puff himself out to
        look bigger?

        [Klemp]: Welcomed the Guests and the Youth,
        remarking that he was glad that we had come,
        since travel is difficult for many people, with
        the economic downturn. The so-called experts
        don't really know what's going on, he cautioned.
        After all, they didn't seem to see this recession
        coming. He said that right now, overall, there
        is 8% unemployment in the U.S. While this is high,
        he recalled that unemployment during the Great
        Depression (after the stock market crash on
        October 29, 1929) was much higher, 30% "When
        your neighbor's out of work, it's a recession.
        When you're out of work, it's a depression,"
        he said with a smile.

        [ME]: So why does Klemp have Eckists travel
        to see him when times are tough? Why not
        just record and broadcast the talk/seminar
        in a studio at the ESC? BTW- Klemp, another
        "expert," is a little low with that 8%. The real
        rate is 9%. HK should use more accurate sources.
        And, we don't need to have a 30% unemployment
        rate for it to be classified as a depression.
        HK, the EK "Modern Prophet" should go to
        robertreich.blogspot.com. Why didn't Klemp
        see it coming? And what's with that smile?

        Klemp began by answering four questions
        that the EK Youth had prepared for him.

        Question 1: I've begun to take my connection
        with the Mahanta for granted. How can I keep
        the inner fire alive?

        [Klemp]: Life keeps us on track.
        Mind wants to go back to a comfortable
        place, and when we allow this to happen,
        things begin to go wrong. Then we ask
        the Mahanta for help. The Mahanta says,
        "Pay your dues and get yourself back on
        track. Put your attention where it belongs."
        Harry noted that for most people there is
        a pattern of being on track and then falling
        away, followed by getting on track again.
        Don't worry, says Harry, the Mahanta
        is working with you.

        [ME]: Wait! Does Klemp ask (the Mahanta),
        himself, for help or does he ask the ECK?
        ECKists should ask the ECK (the Holy Spirit)
        for help instead of asking a God/man (Klemp)
        whose approved answer doesn't come except
        via snail mail.

        Question 2: What role does humor play
        in spirituality?

        [Klemp]: Humor is not the same as wit,
        sarcasm, or comedy. Wit and sarcasm have
        a sharp bite. Humor opens the heart but
        doesn't put other people down. Spiritual
        humor has a spiritual content behind the
        laugh.

        [ME]: Comedy can be a combination
        of humor, wit, and sarcasm. John Stewart,
        of "The Daily Show," uses sarcasm and
        wit for humor. ECKists take Klemp, and
        his opinions, too seriously! He's like the
        Pope of Chanhassen/Eden Prairie!

        [Klemp]: Harold said that before EMF
        radiations were a problem for himself
        and Joan, they used to watch TV in the
        evening for entertainment. They were
        particularly fond of two British comedies,
        "Are You Being Served?" and "Fawlty Towers."
        The first was about a group of salespeople
        in a British department store, where each
        of them had a foible that led to amusing
        situations. The second was about a hotel
        that was run by a husband and wife.

        [ME]: JOAN has EMF "problems" too!
        It must be contagious! Or, it's contagious
        when you're a 9th living with a 14th who
        has EMF "problems." After all, how would
        it look if a highly evolved/sensitive 9th
        Initiate didn't have EMF problems too!
        BTW- Those two British sitcoms are old
        news. I started watching them when Harry
        first mentioned them years ago. They were
        okay, but British humour is rather dry...
        like Harry.

        Question 3: What can stimulate us to
        be grateful for what we have when life
        is hard?

        [Klemp]: Do your Spiritual Exercises and
        sing HU or other spiritually charged words.
        HU can help in times of danger, misunderstandings
        and illness. He says he gets lots of letters
        from people telling him how singing HU
        helps people.

        [ME]: Again, Klemp states the obvious.
        Did he really have to have a seminar to
        repeat what has been said over and over
        time and again! But, if HU helps so much
        then why does one need a M/LEM, especially,
        when he just repeats Twitchell's Shariyats?

        Question 4: How to I enjoy being with
        friends when their beliefs differ from mine?
        My friends include a smoker, a gossip,
        and an atheist.

        [Klemp]: Why settle for friends like this
        (half joking)? The Eck Youth are out there
        engaging with people who don't think like
        Eckists do, and that this takes courage.
        A lot of people fall by the wayside along
        the spiritual path. He cautioned the youth
        to beware of second-hand smoke effects,
        and advised the youth to ask their friends
        not to smoke indoors. He said that if the
        smoker doesn't do this for a friend, then
        he isn't much of a friend.

        [ME]: Since Klemp was "half joking" wasn't
        he, also, being sarcastic! HK's a hypocrite!

        Klemp recalled that a friend of his from out
        of town, a non-Eckist, wanted to come and
        visit him, but Harry had to tell him that he
        was too sensitive to smoke to allow the visit.

        [ME]: I have friends that smoke and when
        they visit me they go outside to smoke.
        Klemp is very insensitive to others isn't he!
        There's just no empathy with Klemp. He's
        way too judgmental!

        HK also recalled playing carom billiards
        (a game played on a table without pockets)
        when he began to feel dizzy from the smoke.
        As an aside, he told the audience that IF the
        other player does "test shots" before playing
        a game, don't bet any money on the outcome,
        because the player probably knows what he
        is doing!

        [ME]: I'm thinking that Klemp is just "dizzy"
        all of the time! If it's not smoke, it's EMF, or
        whatever! So, at one time (ten years ago?)
        Klemp went someplace to play billards and
        the people there smoked. Why not just leave?
        BTW- The "good" players don't do "test shots"
        or even "trick shots" before playing a game.
        They don't want to tip you off as to how "good"
        they might be, however, they will have a nice
        custom made pool cue.

        [Klemp]: As for gossip, Harry says that gossip
        is like a skunk spraying their stink around.
        Don't listen to gossip - it will pull you down,
        he advised. Instead, listen to the Inner Master.

        [ME]: Klemp doesn't want his chelas to discuss
        his nonsense, Peter's, Joan's, or his RESAs'
        informally with one another. Thus, to do so
        is "gossip" and is, spiritually, bad karma.
        However, one can only "imagine" what the
        "Inner Master" has to say! Catch-22!

        [End of Part 1]

        Prometheus
      • Non ekster
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
          Klemp should be called "The Sickly Eck Master". lol I guess the eck chelas who think they are so special, should expect the same fate?

[...]

          Non eckster ; )

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
            I was taking a second look at Klemp's
            recent message to his chelas and saw
            where he contradicted himself... again!

            [Klemp]: "Humor is not the same as wit,
            sarcasm, or comedy. Wit and sarcasm have
            a sharp bite. Humor opens the heart but
            doesn't put other people down. Spiritual
            humor has a spiritual content behind the
            laugh."

            [ME]: So where's the "humor" and "spiritual
            content" to HK's comments listed below?
            And, what's so funny about a depression
            that causes Klemp to smile, especially,
            when Eckankar is sending out donation
            letters acknowledging that there's a problem
            with not having enough money? Why didn't
            the so-called expert of experts the Mahanta/
            LEM & "Modern Prophet" see the depression
            coming? If he had would he still have blown
            the extra money on those gilded staircases
            at the ESC? Probably! It was Vanity, on HK's
            part, to have had them put in anyway!

            [Klemp]: "The so-called experts don't really
            know what's going on," he cautioned. "After
            all, they didn't seem to see this recession
            coming... 'When your neighbor's out of work,
            it's a recession. When you're out of work,
            it's a depression,' he said with a smile.

            [Eck Youth Q#4] "My friends include a smoker,
            a gossip, and an atheist."

            [Klemp]: "Why settle for friends like this
            (half joking)."

            [ME}: Isn't Klemp "putting down" the friends
            of this EK Youth with the "sharp bite" of his
            "sarcasm and wit?"

            [Klemp]: "As for gossip, it is like a skunk

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
              Hello Non ekster,
              It seems that Joan has been infected too!
              Is Klemp contagious? He should be wearing
              a mask and gloves when in public and when
              asking for larger Membership Donations!

              Until now I had never heard that Joan was
              affected by EMF. When did this happen?
              Is it psycho somatic from living with Harry?
              Maybe the Klemp's should become Amish!
              Don't Acupuncture needles pick up some
              EMF from the surrounding wiring? Do the
              Klemp's have a gas or an electric stove?
              I wonder if they use a microwave? Really,
              becoming Amish would be the best cure
              for Harry's and Joan's EMF disease!

              I'm glad that Klemp's dis-ease hasn't kept
              most ECKists away from their computers
              and away from EK sites like HU Chat and
              Chela Chat or from Myspace and FaceBook.

              BTW- As for the increase in the "requested"
              EK Membership Donation/Fee... "Give 'As If'
              There's No Tomorrow" could be HK's new
              donation slogan.

              Higher Initiations (and free beer) Tomorrow,
              is a clever and humorous promise! Yes?

              Prometheus