Re: The Sell: "Spiritual Survival in a Changing World"

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
      Hello Non ekster and All,
      Yes, the Mahanta's "love" isn't free! ECKists
      have to pay for that gold-gilded staircase at
      the ESC (the sin of pride) and for those undisclosed
      salaries and perks of Klemp and Company.
      But, this is how religious faith and belief work
      for "followers" in this world. ECKankar is the
      Religion of the L&S of God (KAL) Not SUGMAD!

      It's interesting that Klemp's focus is to have
      a free volunteer sales staff in as many locations
      as he can profit from. There is a two pronged
      effort taking place: 1.) Sell EK materials and
      collect the yearly membership fees from newer
      ECKists; 2.) Entise the longer term members
      to buy EK Vahana materials to donate, have
      them trained to do missionary (sales) work
      and collect more monetary donations from
      them while also selling them EK materials for
      their own use, and collect membership fees
      from them so they can maintain their initiation
      status with the belief in the promises of even
      "higher" initiations to come someday in the
      future. Of course, by this time, reality has become
      so distorted that the ego needs to protect itself
      (from Truth) even more so!

      The Stories: The reason that Klemp pushes the
      "EK stories" so much, especially those from Africa,
      is because most ECKists don't have stories and
      "inner" ekperiences! At one time ECKists weren't
      supposed to share these "stories" and dream
      experiences because HK didn't want other ECKists
      to become envious, or think that they weren't as
      advanced. And, how does one explain why a lower
      initiate has more vivid and higher plane experiences
      than Higher Initiates! Plus, how could Klemp control
      what was being said? Thus, HK came out with his
      "approved" stories much like PT "approved" certain
      articles and items. Therefore, those Vahanas (missionaries)
      now have "approved stories" that they can share
      with the public. And, these "approved stories" are
      also used to give other EK chelas and H.I.s belief
      and hope that they too are having "inner" and "outer"
      EK experiences even though they don't remember
      or see them. However, with religious faith and the
      use of the imagination and the ego ECKists can feel
      very self-assured that they are on the "highest" road.
      After all, if Klemp (the M/LEM, i.e. God) tells them
      so, then, it must be the "truth!" What else could it be?

      Prometheus

      "Non ekster" wrote:

      Klemp should eat a whole bucket of COIN. LOL
      As well as all of his inner Circle. That would
      eksplain why their tummys are so big.

      Non ekster ; )

      The Sell:

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
        I noticed that Klemp did another
        flagrant Bait and Switch. In the
        following donation request Klemp
        has Skelskey to, also, mention
        an increase in membership fees.

        But, what do ECKists get with
        their memberships? The claim,
        on ECKankar.org, is that the
        chela gets "Advanced Spiritual
        Study with Membership." Where's
        the guarantee for Advanced
        Spiritual "Growth?" But, we all
        know that this is an "implied"
        result and is "conditional" with
        a paid annual membership, as
        well as, a myriad of other Catch-22
        conditions.

        In the following Klemp mentions
        the difference between those who
        just read the EK books and HU and
        those who pay the Membership Fee.

        http://cache.eckankar.org/windows/A-Larger-Room.wmv

        Skelskey: "Here are reasons a FEW spiritual
        seekers have accepted the GIFT of ECK
        Membership:

        * In a dream I was accepted by the Mahanta,
        who told me I was spiritually a member. This
        happened after reading a couple of books."

        BTW- Why do ECKists have to pay for a "Gift?"
        This is another Bait and Switch (KAL technique)
        and not a real "gift" is it? There shouldn't be
        "strings attached" to a "gift!"

        And, isn't this odd (or not) that in this Donation
        Letter Klemp (the Mahanta) is affirming, in
        print, that this dream, by a Non-ECKist, meant
        that he was "spiritually a member" after only
        "reading a couple of books." No Membership
        Fee was needed! As I said, this is Bait and Switch!
        He (the Mahanta, Klemp) giveth then taketh
        away! Now you see it, now you don't! it's like
        Magic... Black Magic!

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2009
          What a bunch of idiots--HK, Joanie, Peter Skelsky! During
          this financially hard time, they show their lack of understanding
          and love by asking the chelas to dig deeper into their
          pockets! Well, I think increasing membership fees (this is
          not a donation, folks) can be a really good thing. It should
          keep new membership down and cause some drop outs of
          present members, just leaving the eck vampires to feed off
          the blood of their extremely devoted members!! Rather funny
          to see this happening. I think HK and company are once again
          shooting themselves in the foot!

          On another note, I wonder how much eckankar lost in the
          stock market? How much did HK lose? And Peter Skelsky?
          It would be interesting to know!! : )

          And then I wonder how many chelas are losing their jobs,
          their homes, their pensions, health insurance, etc. . . . while
          the mahanta is begging for more money and service?

          More than ever, now is the time for a reality check . . . and
          to let go of the delusional thinking nonsense! How much more
          do these H.I.s owe Klemp? When will they ever be free of paying
          homage to Klemp, paying membership dues, free of obligations
          to Klemp and eckankar? Will it ever be in this lifetime? Nah, not
          at all. Sadly, most do not want to be free and will never leave.
          The truth is that they must be forever followers . . . just can't
          stand on their own even though this is all just a facade. The
          emperor has no clothes!

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2009
            Hello Mish and All,
            It's always interesting to see and analyze
            Klemp's B.S. from an unclouded and open-
            minded perspective as a former EKist.

            Klemp, once again, demonstrates his lack
            of empathy for all people as he admits that
            we are in a recession, but has Peter Skelskey
            send out a donation letter to HK's chelas just
            prior to the EK Springtime Seminar.

            Klemp tries to downplay it all by saying that
            there was a higher percentage of people out
            of work then (circa 1930) than today. Then he
            smiles (humor?) at how people view it (recession/
            depression) as long as they're not affected.

            Klemp has no worries because of the millions
            he has safely (and secretly) hidden away. HK's
            definitely better at hiding money than Darwin.
            This was one reason why Klemp moved ECKankar
            to Minnesota since this state doesn't require
            public disclosure of finances from non-profit
            organizations. And, Klemp has had 28 years
            to squirrel money and property away due to
            having complete control over the EK Board and
            all finances. The impact of non-disclosure and
            irresponsible/reckless spending is now having
            more effect during this current economic downturn.

            I wonder how much money ECKankar lost with
            investments? I doubt that even the RESAs will
            be told! But, it does, once again, point out that
            Klemp (the Mahanta) isn't even close to be "All
            Knowing" as he claims when "The Modern Prophet"
            can't even see the future on the lowest Plane of
            all! What good is it for ECKists to contact the
            "INNER MASTER" on the Higher Planes when the
            Inner/Outer Master can't even help them on this
            Plane! LOL!

            Let's face it! Klemp isn't much of a spiritual
            leader, and he doesn't have any charisma! HK
            doesn't write much better than he speaks either!
            Klemp's a dull and dimwitted narcissist and control
            freak with a mean-streak. HK positioned himself
            at the ESC under Darwin and wrote some brochures
            and a book and flew under the radar and over the
            cuckoo's nest.

            Had Darwin known about Klemp's delusions and
            bridge jump, strip tease, and mental institution
            confinement he never would have chosen such an
            unstable replacement! Klemp's unstable and
            anti-social personality is why 99.9% of H.I.s will
            never see an Eight Initiation in this or any lifetime!
            How long does it take, even today, to become an
            ESA and 7th initiate? This is why Klemp instructs
            ECKists to use their "imaginations" more and more!
            Klemp is selfish and fearful and won't share the
            mountain top! This is also why he won't handout
            any 12th Initiations (ECK Masterships). Although,
            Joan was once due to receive one until HK's plan
            was exposed prematurely by Mish's analysis of,
            "Those Wonderful ECK Masters."

            IMO- ECKists would be better off if there was a schism
            where a FEMALE, 7th or 8th Initiate, broke away from
            Klemp and Company and became the new leader. Let's
            face it... EK women do most of the work, are more loving
            and patient, have more empathy, and are better organized
            than most male H.I.s. Women communicate better too!
            Yet, in the religious Boy's Club, women will always be
            second class members! Female ECKists and Female ECK
            Masters (one, Kata Daki) can never become the Mahanta/
            LEM. Really, by not being able to become the LEM also
            means that they (she, Kata Daki) will never become the
            Mahanta either! Yet, ECKists never think about these
            details and facts about their religious dogma because
            they are discouraged (via fear tactics) from thinking about,
            questioning, and discussing such things. EK women (all
            women) must have blind faith and blind trust that the
            male M/LEM (Pope and other male religious leaders) are
            being honest with them when they claim they are not
            "spiritually" capable (due to negative atoms or sin) to
            be the Leader/Mahanta.

            However, ECKists should acknowledge that ECKankar,
            also, believes in a "Garden of Eden" Myth with their own
            Adom (Adam) and Ede (Eve). ECKists need only to reference
            their EK Lexicons and "Polarians." Thus, ECKankar, too, is
            fashioned after other mythical and male dominated religions
            where men are at the top of the religious/decision making
            hierarchy. Kata Daki is a token female EK Master created
            after-the-fact and in memory of Twitchell's sister Kay-Dee.
            Thus, Kata Daki (K.D.) and Kay-Dee!

            NOTE:

            Saturday, April 18, 2009
            "Klemp welcomed the Guests and the Youth,
            remarking: 'I am glad that you have come,
            since travel is difficult for many people, with
            the economic downturn. The so-called experts
            don't really know what's going on. After all,
            they didn't seem to see this Recession coming.
            Right now, overall, there is 8% unemployment
            in the U.S. While this is high, unemployment
            during the Great Depression (after the stock
            market crash on October 29, 1929) was much
            higher, 30%. When your neighbor's out of work,
            it's a recession. When you're out of work, it's
            a depression,' Klemp said with a smile."

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 20, 2009
              Instead of "lowering" ECKankar's Required
              Membership Fee/Donation Klemp wants
              to "raise" it during a Recession! This action
              proves that Klemp lacks both love and empathy
              (and common sense) regardless of what he
              may say. Actions speak louder than words
              don't they!

              ECKankar hasn't increased the Membership
              Fee since 1998. Klemp, now, feels that this
              is the perfect time to increase it. IF Klemp
              cared about his followers he would be "Lowering"
              this Required Fee (Requested Donation).

              Why should Klemp Lower the Membership Fee?
              Because this Is Not an actual "Donation!" This is
              a "Fee" because it is directly related to maintaining
              EK Initiations!

              When ECKists aren't able to pay the Membership
              Fee their Initiations are put On Hold for up to
              5 years.

              After 5 years of Non-payment ECKists will lose
              all Initiations including the "Inner Initiations"
              too! Therefore, the EK Membership is, actually,
              a Maintenance Fee for the Initiations. However,
              as an added initiation bonus one's name is
              automatically placed into the hopper (computer)
              like a lottery ticket. The "winners" get a "pink
              slip" for that next initiation. Of course, that, also,
              needs to be kept "active" (via money) with the
              Annual Membership/Maintenance Fee.

              I was e-mailed an EK Wisdom Note of Klemp's,
              not too long ago, and read that a 4th Initiate
              let their EK Membership Lapse (due to Non-payment).
              Klemp stated that ECKists need to continue to
              study their Discourses in order to maintain their
              initiations. For around 18 years the limited (old)
              EK Discourses are included with the Membership
              Fee.

              Of course, for those who have paid for and received
              all of the EK Discourses, this "study requirement" to
              maintain one's initiation can no longer be tracked.
              After all, how would Klemp "know" if a chela was
              rereading their Discourses or Not? Okay, HK might
              "know" if it was mentioned in an IRO. This is why he
              wants them "mailed" in order to update your file and
              track what you're doing. In any case this was a threat,
              or warning to ECKists that they need to keep their
              Annual EK Memberships "current" and, thus, pay the
              Amount of Membership Money Due.

              ECK Memberships should be FREE with
              No Strings Attached! But they aren't!

              WHY NOT have ECKists PAY for Subscriptions
              to "The Mystic World," "The H.I. Letter" and
              "The RESA Star" just like they do with the
              "Youth in ECK, Letter of Light!" If the EK
              Youth can pay for their subscriptions with
              their limited resources Why Not have chelas
              pay for these other EK Pubs too! Separate
              these Material costs from the EK Membership
              and Initiations!

              Have H.I. ECKists pay for the training required
              for those Clerical, Initiator, and ESA positions.

              Also, Lower Initiates (chelas) should pay for
              the EK Discourses. One has to pay for them
              anyway if one wants a copy, or an updated
              version.

              Really, there's already an EK Building Fund
              and an EK Missionary Fund that are actual
              Donations "Without Strings Attached!"

              Anyway, there's a lot more that could have
              been changed, for the better, over the years,
              like the way Memberships are set up, but Klemp
              chose Not to. Now, HK wants to add insult to
              injury by Increasing the Cost of something
              (during a recession no less) that should have
              been FREE! When will ECKists wake-up to
              the Nonsense of Klemp & Company? Why
              do H.I.s Need this religion or any religion(!)

              Do ECKists on HU Chat, or Chela Chat dare
              to even discuss these points? It would Never
              happen! They are too fearful and this would
              be seem as "second-guessing" the Mahanta!
              Actually, it's Not the "Mahanta" making these
              "outer" decisions concerning the "outer" org/
              religion of ECKankar... it's the LEM! Strange,
              that lay Catholics and Priests can question the
              decisions/opinions of the Pope and the Church,
              but ECK chelas and H.I.s can't question the
              decisions/opinions of the LEM and ECKankar!

              Prometheus

              Donation Letter, "Spiritual Survival in
              a Changing World:"

              EK Springtime Seminar Saturday, April 18, 2009

              mishmisha wrote:

[...]

              Mish

              KLEMP & PETER SKELSKEY WROTE:

              > "Your generous donations help the Mahanta
              > carry the flame of ECK for a bright spiritual
              > future. Thank you for your gifts of love--
              > both in service and coin."

              ME: This was on a donation brochure that was