The Sell: "Spiritual Survival in a Changing World"

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
      "Your generous donations help the Mahanta
      carry the flame of ECK for a bright spiritual
      future. Thank you for your gifts of love--
      both in service and coin."

      This was on a donation brochure that was
      recently sent out. Note that Klemp is asking
      for BOTH money and servitude! Why can't
      it be one or the other? How greedy of him!
      Why does Klemp get a payday and ECKists
      don't? It's always a future promise just like
      all religions hand out.

      Here's more, to intimidate ECKists, from
      Klemp's partner in crime Peter Skelsky:

      "Dear Friends in ECK,
      This is a letter of thanks in The Year of
      Thanksgiving to each and every one of
      you for all you do everyday, just for love.
      Thank you for your continuing service and
      support to the ECK mission in an ever-
      changing world."

      ME: For love of initiations you mean!
      Maybe more initiations is how you and
      Harry could really show "thanks."

      PS: "Today, during these uncertain and
      troublesome times, people are searching
      for ways to meet the day-to-day challenges
      in their lives."

      ME: Correct! So why do you leeches bleed
      them of more money?

      PS: "Here at ECKankar we are also experiencing
      the financial realities of these shifting economic
      cycles. Cost of materials, services, and equipment
      to maintain our programs for members and
      spiritual seekers are increasing week by week.
      We are trying hard to maintain our (lifestyle?)
      requested membership donation at its current
      amount, which has been in effect since January
      1, 1998."

      ME: So, the "requested" (required) membership
      donation will be increased! Perhaps Klemp needs
      to tighten his belt! Let's have an audit and look
      at the books to see where all of that hard earned
      money can be spent more wisely! Maybe Harry's
      and Peter's pay and perks can be scaled back too!
      How much money was lost in the Stock Market
      on bad investments?

      PS: "Sri Harold Klemp says in The Awakened Heart,
      'Today there is greater need to tell people about
      ECK, the teachings of the Holy Spirit. The teachings
      show people how to find love, wisdom, and spiritual
      freedom. And to find this within themselves, within
      their hearts.'

      ME: All preachers, throughout time, have said
      basically the same thing. That is the trap of
      religion! Perhaps Klemp should save some
      printing costs (and trees) and cut back on
      printing his simple-minded and redundant
      books.

      PS: "When we give our gifts of COIN and
      SERVICE to ECKankar, we are helping Souls,
      children of God, find their way back home
      to God."

      ME: After one joins ECKankar what is given
      to them and what do they expect in return?
      What is given is an EK membership card and
      about 18 years of Old Discourses, and a
      quarterly pub called The Mystic World. Oh,
      there are also initiations that trickle down
      very slowly. However, look at what Klemp
      expects in return--Coin and Service Forever!

      PS: "Here are reasons a FEW spiritual seekers
      have accepted the GIFT of ECK membership:

      * "In a dream I was accepted by the Mahanta,
      who told me I was spiritually a member. This
      happened after reading a couple of books."

      ME: Some gift! What happens when a H.I.
      doesn't pay the piper (Klemp's membership
      fee)? Are they still "spiritually a member" or
      do they lose initiations? They lose them!

      * "I've been seeking something spiritual for
      over twenty years, and it connected with me."

      ME: That happened to me too! But I eventually
      learned that Klemp had nothing to do with it.
      It was Soul and the Holy Spirit! No middleman
      needed to take the credit or to dodge the blame!

      * "I got strong Darshan from Sri Harold Klemp.
      I was a Third Initiate and let my membership
      lapse for over five years. I feel the call to rejoin
      now."

      ME: Right! Rejoin as a First Initiate! And, if you
      had stayed current with the money your "connection"
      would have continued just like with the phone
      company.

      * "After attending the Worldwide and meeting
      other members, I felt love."

      ME: Any member of any church could attend
      a convention and say the same thing! Duh!

      * "I saw the Master's love in the Ask the Master
      books--how he honors our spiritual freedom."

      ME: If ECKists had "spiritual freedom" they
      wouldn't need Klemp, or need to be servants
      and pay him money in the hopes of receiving
      initiations.

      PS: "We all remember how we felt when we
      first came upon and recognized the ECK
      teachings. As members, we know that each
      day the ECK gives us an opportunity to move
      forward spiritually, IF we have the awareness
      to see the GIFT that is being offered."

      ME: Okay, what's the "gift" other than a worthless
      initiation? Besides, it now takes 35+ years for
      a 7th and that's it! It's Bait and Switch! It took
      years to discover the Truth of the Con! We were
      gullible and trusting because ECKankar was
      "different."

      PS "In How to Survive Spiritually in Our Times,
      Mahanta Transcripts, Book 16, Sri Harold writes,
      'God's love is with you all the time. It's up to you
      to recognize it through the hard times and the
      good times."

      ME: How profound! Been there, done that, bought
      the tee shirt! However, Klemp has nothing to do
      with God's love or the Holy Spirit--It's You!

      PS: 'God's love is making you more of a spiritual
      being so that you can better understand the
      conditions and situations that other Souls, other
      lights of God, are going through too. in doing
      so, you are able to SERVE them and all life better.'

      ME: So now ECKists are able to "serve" other Souls
      and not just SERVE Klemp or ECKankar! They don't
      need HK or a religion for that!

      PS: "During this special year, The Year of Thanksgiving,
      let's remember to keep our attention on God's love
      and count our blessings. Sri Harold has written, 'if
      we want to keep the blessings in life coming to us,
      we must learn to be grateful for what we have and
      for whatever is given."

      ME: Wow! More profound words by an 8th Initiate!
      Doesn't all of this sound familiar? Count those blessings!
      Is Klemp the "God" Peter is talking of? Where's SUGMAD?
      Hmmm. I wonder how ECKist can show their graditude
      for those blessings? Wait! What blessings? Things are
      tough--hang onto that money!

      PS: "One way to show OUR gratitude for the many
      blessings in life is through the act of giving. When
      we respond to a request such as this letter by giving
      back to the ECK, which nourishes and sustains us,
      WE are also giving an immeasurable gift to ourselves.
      We are expressing OUR gratitude and demonstrating
      OUR trust in the BOUNTY of Divine Spirit."

      ME: So, ECKists must give more money as payment
      for their blessings! Do they, also, get refunds when
      there are No Blessings? No Way! Religion isn't a two-
      way street, it's one-way. Money goes from the bottom
      upwards while the sh_t rolls down-hill.

      PS: "We deeply appreciate your donations and the love
      and support that you give in so many ways. Thank you
      again for your devotion to the mission of the Mahanta,
      the LEM.

      ps IF you want information on including ECKankar
      in you will or estate plans, check the designated
      box on the donation form and return it in the
      enclosed envelope. Also, if you would like to make
      a donation via the ECKankar Web site, visit www.
      Eckankar.org, click 'Members Area,' log on, and
      scroll down to 'Donation Form' to make a secure
      donation via the Internet."

      ME: What can I say? ECKankar is like every other
      religion! Why we didn't see this early on still amazes
      me today! Why H.I.s still don't see it amazes me
      even more!

      Prometheus
    • Non ekster
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
        Klemp should eat a whole bucket of COIN. LOL As well as all of his inner Circle. That would eksplain why their tummys are so big.

        Non ekster ; )

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
          Hello Non ekster and All,
          Yes, the Mahanta's "love" isn't free! ECKists
          have to pay for that gold-gilded staircase at
          the ESC (the sin of pride) and for those undisclosed
          salaries and perks of Klemp and Company.
          But, this is how religious faith and belief work
          for "followers" in this world. ECKankar is the
          Religion of the L&S of God (KAL) Not SUGMAD!

          It's interesting that Klemp's focus is to have
          a free volunteer sales staff in as many locations
          as he can profit from. There is a two pronged
          effort taking place: 1.) Sell EK materials and
          collect the yearly membership fees from newer
          ECKists; 2.) Entise the longer term members
          to buy EK Vahana materials to donate, have
          them trained to do missionary (sales) work
          and collect more monetary donations from
          them while also selling them EK materials for
          their own use, and collect membership fees
          from them so they can maintain their initiation
          status with the belief in the promises of even
          "higher" initiations to come someday in the
          future. Of course, by this time, reality has become
          so distorted that the ego needs to protect itself
          (from Truth) even more so!

          The Stories: The reason that Klemp pushes the
          "EK stories" so much, especially those from Africa,
          is because most ECKists don't have stories and
          "inner" ekperiences! At one time ECKists weren't
          supposed to share these "stories" and dream
          experiences because HK didn't want other ECKists
          to become envious, or think that they weren't as
          advanced. And, how does one explain why a lower
          initiate has more vivid and higher plane experiences
          than Higher Initiates! Plus, how could Klemp control
          what was being said? Thus, HK came out with his
          "approved" stories much like PT "approved" certain
          articles and items. Therefore, those Vahanas (missionaries)
          now have "approved stories" that they can share
          with the public. And, these "approved stories" are
          also used to give other EK chelas and H.I.s belief
          and hope that they too are having "inner" and "outer"
          EK experiences even though they don't remember
          or see them. However, with religious faith and the
          use of the imagination and the ego ECKists can feel
          very self-assured that they are on the "highest" road.
          After all, if Klemp (the M/LEM, i.e. God) tells them
          so, then, it must be the "truth!" What else could it be?

          Prometheus

          "Non ekster" wrote:

          Klemp should eat a whole bucket of COIN. LOL
          As well as all of his inner Circle. That would
          eksplain why their tummys are so big.

          Non ekster ; )

          The Sell:

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
            I noticed that Klemp did another
            flagrant Bait and Switch. In the
            following donation request Klemp
            has Skelskey to, also, mention
            an increase in membership fees.

            But, what do ECKists get with
            their memberships? The claim,
            on ECKankar.org, is that the
            chela gets "Advanced Spiritual
            Study with Membership." Where's
            the guarantee for Advanced
            Spiritual "Growth?" But, we all
            know that this is an "implied"
            result and is "conditional" with
            a paid annual membership, as
            well as, a myriad of other Catch-22
            conditions.

            In the following Klemp mentions
            the difference between those who
            just read the EK books and HU and
            those who pay the Membership Fee.

            http://cache.eckankar.org/windows/A-Larger-Room.wmv

            Skelskey: "Here are reasons a FEW spiritual
            seekers have accepted the GIFT of ECK
            Membership:

            * In a dream I was accepted by the Mahanta,
            who told me I was spiritually a member. This
            happened after reading a couple of books."

            BTW- Why do ECKists have to pay for a "Gift?"
            This is another Bait and Switch (KAL technique)
            and not a real "gift" is it? There shouldn't be
            "strings attached" to a "gift!"

            And, isn't this odd (or not) that in this Donation
            Letter Klemp (the Mahanta) is affirming, in
            print, that this dream, by a Non-ECKist, meant
            that he was "spiritually a member" after only
            "reading a couple of books." No Membership
            Fee was needed! As I said, this is Bait and Switch!
            He (the Mahanta, Klemp) giveth then taketh
            away! Now you see it, now you don't! it's like
            Magic... Black Magic!

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2009
              What a bunch of idiots--HK, Joanie, Peter Skelsky! During
              this financially hard time, they show their lack of understanding
              and love by asking the chelas to dig deeper into their
              pockets! Well, I think increasing membership fees (this is
              not a donation, folks) can be a really good thing. It should
              keep new membership down and cause some drop outs of
              present members, just leaving the eck vampires to feed off
              the blood of their extremely devoted members!! Rather funny
              to see this happening. I think HK and company are once again
              shooting themselves in the foot!

              On another note, I wonder how much eckankar lost in the
              stock market? How much did HK lose? And Peter Skelsky?
              It would be interesting to know!! : )

              And then I wonder how many chelas are losing their jobs,
              their homes, their pensions, health insurance, etc. . . . while
              the mahanta is begging for more money and service?

              More than ever, now is the time for a reality check . . . and
              to let go of the delusional thinking nonsense! How much more
              do these H.I.s owe Klemp? When will they ever be free of paying
              homage to Klemp, paying membership dues, free of obligations
              to Klemp and eckankar? Will it ever be in this lifetime? Nah, not
              at all. Sadly, most do not want to be free and will never leave.
              The truth is that they must be forever followers . . . just can't
              stand on their own even though this is all just a facade. The
              emperor has no clothes!

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2009
                Hello Mish and All,
                It's always interesting to see and analyze
                Klemp's B.S. from an unclouded and open-
                minded perspective as a former EKist.

                Klemp, once again, demonstrates his lack
                of empathy for all people as he admits that
                we are in a recession, but has Peter Skelskey
                send out a donation letter to HK's chelas just
                prior to the EK Springtime Seminar.

                Klemp tries to downplay it all by saying that
                there was a higher percentage of people out
                of work then (circa 1930) than today. Then he
                smiles (humor?) at how people view it (recession/
                depression) as long as they're not affected.

                Klemp has no worries because of the millions
                he has safely (and secretly) hidden away. HK's
                definitely better at hiding money than Darwin.
                This was one reason why Klemp moved ECKankar
                to Minnesota since this state doesn't require
                public disclosure of finances from non-profit
                organizations. And, Klemp has had 28 years
                to squirrel money and property away due to
                having complete control over the EK Board and
                all finances. The impact of non-disclosure and
                irresponsible/reckless spending is now having
                more effect during this current economic downturn.

                I wonder how much money ECKankar lost with
                investments? I doubt that even the RESAs will
                be told! But, it does, once again, point out that
                Klemp (the Mahanta) isn't even close to be "All
                Knowing" as he claims when "The Modern Prophet"
                can't even see the future on the lowest Plane of
                all! What good is it for ECKists to contact the
                "INNER MASTER" on the Higher Planes when the
                Inner/Outer Master can't even help them on this
                Plane! LOL!

                Let's face it! Klemp isn't much of a spiritual
                leader, and he doesn't have any charisma! HK
                doesn't write much better than he speaks either!
                Klemp's a dull and dimwitted narcissist and control
                freak with a mean-streak. HK positioned himself
                at the ESC under Darwin and wrote some brochures
                and a book and flew under the radar and over the
                cuckoo's nest.

                Had Darwin known about Klemp's delusions and
                bridge jump, strip tease, and mental institution
                confinement he never would have chosen such an
                unstable replacement! Klemp's unstable and
                anti-social personality is why 99.9% of H.I.s will
                never see an Eight Initiation in this or any lifetime!
                How long does it take, even today, to become an
                ESA and 7th initiate? This is why Klemp instructs
                ECKists to use their "imaginations" more and more!
                Klemp is selfish and fearful and won't share the
                mountain top! This is also why he won't handout
                any 12th Initiations (ECK Masterships). Although,
                Joan was once due to receive one until HK's plan
                was exposed prematurely by Mish's analysis of,
                "Those Wonderful ECK Masters."

                IMO- ECKists would be better off if there was a schism
                where a FEMALE, 7th or 8th Initiate, broke away from
                Klemp and Company and became the new leader. Let's
                face it... EK women do most of the work, are more loving
                and patient, have more empathy, and are better organized
                than most male H.I.s. Women communicate better too!
                Yet, in the religious Boy's Club, women will always be
                second class members! Female ECKists and Female ECK
                Masters (one, Kata Daki) can never become the Mahanta/
                LEM. Really, by not being able to become the LEM also
                means that they (she, Kata Daki) will never become the
                Mahanta either! Yet, ECKists never think about these
                details and facts about their religious dogma because
                they are discouraged (via fear tactics) from thinking about,
                questioning, and discussing such things. EK women (all
                women) must have blind faith and blind trust that the
                male M/LEM (Pope and other male religious leaders) are
                being honest with them when they claim they are not
                "spiritually" capable (due to negative atoms or sin) to
                be the Leader/Mahanta.

                However, ECKists should acknowledge that ECKankar,
                also, believes in a "Garden of Eden" Myth with their own
                Adom (Adam) and Ede (Eve). ECKists need only to reference
                their EK Lexicons and "Polarians." Thus, ECKankar, too, is
                fashioned after other mythical and male dominated religions
                where men are at the top of the religious/decision making
                hierarchy. Kata Daki is a token female EK Master created
                after-the-fact and in memory of Twitchell's sister Kay-Dee.
                Thus, Kata Daki (K.D.) and Kay-Dee!

                NOTE:

                Saturday, April 18, 2009
                "Klemp welcomed the Guests and the Youth,
                remarking: 'I am glad that you have come,
                since travel is difficult for many people, with
                the economic downturn. The so-called experts
                don't really know what's going on. After all,
                they didn't seem to see this Recession coming.
                Right now, overall, there is 8% unemployment
                in the U.S. While this is high, unemployment
                during the Great Depression (after the stock
                market crash on October 29, 1929) was much
                higher, 30%. When your neighbor's out of work,
                it's a recession. When you're out of work, it's
                a depression,' Klemp said with a smile."

                Prometheus

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2009
                  Instead of "lowering" ECKankar's Required
                  Membership Fee/Donation Klemp wants
                  to "raise" it during a Recession! This action
                  proves that Klemp lacks both love and empathy
                  (and common sense) regardless of what he
                  may say. Actions speak louder than words
                  don't they!

                  ECKankar hasn't increased the Membership
                  Fee since 1998. Klemp, now, feels that this
                  is the perfect time to increase it. IF Klemp
                  cared about his followers he would be "Lowering"
                  this Required Fee (Requested Donation).

                  Why should Klemp Lower the Membership Fee?
                  Because this Is Not an actual "Donation!" This is
                  a "Fee" because it is directly related to maintaining
                  EK Initiations!

                  When ECKists aren't able to pay the Membership
                  Fee their Initiations are put On Hold for up to
                  5 years.

                  After 5 years of Non-payment ECKists will lose
                  all Initiations including the "Inner Initiations"
                  too! Therefore, the EK Membership is, actually,
                  a Maintenance Fee for the Initiations. However,
                  as an added initiation bonus one's name is
                  automatically placed into the hopper (computer)
                  like a lottery ticket. The "winners" get a "pink
                  slip" for that next initiation. Of course, that, also,
                  needs to be kept "active" (via money) with the
                  Annual Membership/Maintenance Fee.

                  I was e-mailed an EK Wisdom Note of Klemp's,
                  not too long ago, and read that a 4th Initiate
                  let their EK Membership Lapse (due to Non-payment).
                  Klemp stated that ECKists need to continue to
                  study their Discourses in order to maintain their
                  initiations. For around 18 years the limited (old)
                  EK Discourses are included with the Membership
                  Fee.

                  Of course, for those who have paid for and received
                  all of the EK Discourses, this "study requirement" to
                  maintain one's initiation can no longer be tracked.
                  After all, how would Klemp "know" if a chela was
                  rereading their Discourses or Not? Okay, HK might
                  "know" if it was mentioned in an IRO. This is why he
                  wants them "mailed" in order to update your file and
                  track what you're doing. In any case this was a threat,
                  or warning to ECKists that they need to keep their
                  Annual EK Memberships "current" and, thus, pay the
                  Amount of Membership Money Due.

                  ECK Memberships should be FREE with
                  No Strings Attached! But they aren't!

                  WHY NOT have ECKists PAY for Subscriptions
                  to "The Mystic World," "The H.I. Letter" and
                  "The RESA Star" just like they do with the
                  "Youth in ECK, Letter of Light!" If the EK
                  Youth can pay for their subscriptions with
                  their limited resources Why Not have chelas
                  pay for these other EK Pubs too! Separate
                  these Material costs from the EK Membership
                  and Initiations!

                  Have H.I. ECKists pay for the training required
                  for those Clerical, Initiator, and ESA positions.

                  Also, Lower Initiates (chelas) should pay for
                  the EK Discourses. One has to pay for them
                  anyway if one wants a copy, or an updated
                  version.

                  Really, there's already an EK Building Fund
                  and an EK Missionary Fund that are actual
                  Donations "Without Strings Attached!"

                  Anyway, there's a lot more that could have
                  been changed, for the better, over the years,
                  like the way Memberships are set up, but Klemp
                  chose Not to. Now, HK wants to add insult to
                  injury by Increasing the Cost of something
                  (during a recession no less) that should have
                  been FREE! When will ECKists wake-up to
                  the Nonsense of Klemp & Company? Why
                  do H.I.s Need this religion or any religion(!)

                  Do ECKists on HU Chat, or Chela Chat dare
                  to even discuss these points? It would Never
                  happen! They are too fearful and this would
                  be seem as "second-guessing" the Mahanta!
                  Actually, it's Not the "Mahanta" making these
                  "outer" decisions concerning the "outer" org/
                  religion of ECKankar... it's the LEM! Strange,
                  that lay Catholics and Priests can question the
                  decisions/opinions of the Pope and the Church,
                  but ECK chelas and H.I.s can't question the
                  decisions/opinions of the LEM and ECKankar!

                  Prometheus

                  Donation Letter, "Spiritual Survival in
                  a Changing World:"

                  EK Springtime Seminar Saturday, April 18, 2009

                  mishmisha wrote:

[...]

                  Mish

                  KLEMP & PETER SKELSKEY WROTE:

                  > "Your generous donations help the Mahanta
                  > carry the flame of ECK for a bright spiritual
                  > future. Thank you for your gifts of love--
                  > both in service and coin."

                  ME: This was on a donation brochure that was