Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 1376

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
      I thought the running of more than one body might
      explain how Paul Twitchell went to France & India :)

      However it's even more a stretch (IMO) the example
      you just cited. If Paul T. was in Julian Johnson's body,
      I'd call that possession!

      Date: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 pm ((PDT))

      Did the (fake) ECKankar master of Twitchell,
      Rebazar Tarzs, plagiarize Julian Johnson's
      "The Path of the Master's," or did Julian
      Johnson plagiarize Rebazar?

      What has Rebazar written without Twitchell's
      help and when was it written? Nothing was
      heard from Rebazar prior to when... 1969?
      It could be that Twitchell mentioned RT in
      his Orion articles, but PT doesn't have RT
      actually speaking in his books prior to 1969.

      Rebazar states (according to Paul Twitchell,
      page 131, "The Far Country"):

      "There is little wonder that men take to
      religion, even if
      they have to invent one."

      ME: Like PT did!

      RT: "Voltaire said that religion is the solace
      of the weak."

      ME: I agree!

      RT: "Nietszche repeated this in his writings
      and talks. But be that as it may, the weak
      and the trapped need some support, and
      far be it from me to deny them. I wouldn't
      take their religion away, even if I knew full
      well that it could be done."

      ME: I'm attempting to show ECKists the
      Truth rather than religious lies and myth.

      RT: "Religion has always been a haven for
      the millions who mourn and suffer. It is
      undeniable that it has been generally the
      unhappy who have sought relief in religion;
      any religion which happened to be near them,
      and who can blame them. It's like a drowning
      man grasping at a straw."

      E: Actually, there are also those seeking
      God and the spiritual life and the answers
      to the unknown.

      However, what's even
      more interesting is
      that these same exact words, spoken by
      ECK Master Rebazar Tarzs (The Torchbearer
      of ECKankar) via Paul Twitchell, are in the
      first paragraph of Chapter 2 in "The Path of
      the Masters" (1939 copyright).

      So who spoke these words first? Was it
      Julian P. Johnson in 1939, or was it Rebazar
      Tarzs via Paul Twitchell in 1970? Or, did
      Rebazar say these same exact words prior
      to 1939 and Johnson was somehow able
      to retrieve and copy them?

      Nah! Twitchell was a liar and a plagiarist!
      PT created Rebazar, as an alter ego, in order
      to initiate himself, and create his own religion!

      Prometheus

      Hello Whitemoby,
      Welcome to the site. I'll give you some
      info on PT's plagiarized "Flute" passages
      and point you toward more.

      First, check out the LINKS section, here
      on this site, for plagiarisms. Also, there's
      a LINK toward the bottom of the page with
      "Flute"
      info.

      Second, buy a SCP Journal-There's a
      LINK that tells about it and takes you
      to that site where you can purchase
      one (it's very inexpensive). Actually,
      this would, even, be a great historic
      reference/resource for ECKists too
      because of the early info given (dates,
      etc.), and the pics of Gail and Paul
      are very nice!

      Third, go to the FILES section here
      (for members only) and read or skim
      0Athrough Chapters 6-10 of "Confessions

      of a God Seeker" for more info on PT's
      plagiarisms.

      Fourth, I'll look through my copy of
      "Flute" and see if I can find something.

      Okay- On page 47, bottom, of "Flute"
      (1970 1st printing) Paul states,

      "Each generally knows something different
      about Truth than the other will know.
      For example: Bacon, Spinoza, Voltaire,
      Emerson, Berkeley, Kant, Hegel, Spencer,
      Schopenhauer and Darwin contributed
      something to the knowledge of Truth
      because
      the quality of matter in a given
      place and under given conditions is
      limited."

      This same quote is on page 9 (in my
      copy) of "The Path of the Masters."
      It's word for word. The only difference
      is that Twit omitted Nietzsche's name,
      however, PT had all of the other names
      in the same order as they are listed in
      "The Path of the Masters!"

      It should be pointed out, too, that the
      author of "The Path of the Masters"
      (1939 copyright), Julian P. Johnson, was
      only giving his "opinion" in this quote
      that Twitchell used. Thus, there is No
      real universal "Truth" being "compiled,"
      and passed on to ECKists (by Twit) as
      Klemp suggests. These comments are
      only one's (Johnson's) personal opinions/
      view. This is why the argument of Twitchell
      being a "Compiler of Truth" doesn't hold
      water!

      It appears Twitchell was doing a rewrite
      of "The Flute of God" while, simultaneously,
      writing "The Far
      Country" in 1970. The
      copyright of "Flute"
      is 1969 but the first
      printing was 1970.

      Thus, on page 131 of "The Far Country,"
      PT (RT) decides to discuss Nietzsche (the
      name he omitted from the above mentioned
      plagiarism in "Flute").

      These same quotes (supposedly being
      said by Rebazar Tarzs) beginning with:

      'There is little wonder...' and 'Religion has
      always been...' are mentioned word for word
      at the beginning of Chapter 2 in "The Path
      of the Masters."

      BTW- In Chapter 6, page 75, of "Flute" there
      is another plagiarism. The paragraph starts
      out with, "The Supreme has been called various
      names in different languages, but it is known
      to those who recognize the real wisdom as HU,
      the name of the nameless one."

      This quote, and more, are from the 1923
      copyright, pages 64-65, of "The Mysticism
      of Sound" by Hazrat Inayat Khan.

      Also, I found it very interesting that
      Klemp
      used many parts of "The Flute of God" for
      his September 2004 "H.I. Letter:" Chapter 8,
      "The Appeal of Man to God;" Chapter 9, "The
      Shape of the Altar;" Chapter 12, "The Borders
      of Heaven."

      Anyway, I hope this information has helped
      you with your research.

      Prometheus

      whitemoby22 wrote:

      I am researching Twitchell's "Flute of God".
      I am searching for plagarized passages.
      Can anyone here provide examples?
      Or point me in the right direction?

      Thanks...